Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
On a sad note: There has been a serious fire at Necker Island yesterday, where Sarah has vacationed very recently and which we have been discussing on these threads. The main house, reportedly, has been completely destroyed, as well as some of Richard Branson's office, where valuable property was being stored, including his many photographs and notebooks. A number of celebrity friends were saying there including Eve, his recently widowed 90 year old mother, who was led to safety by the actress Kate Winslet. The fire was apparently started during a tropical storm.

Daughter Holly was also staying there; Richard Branson seems philosophical, stating that all personel were safe, 'which was the only thing that mattered'. Holly was due to marry on the Island later this year, but obviously there is a huge question mark over this event.

Sarah, Duchess of York attended the First Initiative Foundation opening gala celebration of Sojourn
at the Asia House in London, September 14, 2011.

Sojourn features Hong Kong based art, design and culinary talents in London from 13th-24th
September 2011. Supported by the Hong Kong Tourism Board and presented by First Initiative
Foundation, the purpose is to bring together exhibitions and events that show Hong Kong as
a remarkable and international city.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not a very nice dress it makes Sarah look bigger then she is unless she has really started to gain weight again. What is with that purse? She keeps holding it in the most unnatural positions. I wonder if she borrowed it from Beatrice it has a butterfly on it looks like something she would like. Still not looking great her makeup and hair are looking really bad lately for some reason.

That is not a very nice dress it makes Sarah look bigger then she is unless she has really started to gain weight again. What is with that purse? She keeps holding it in the most unnatural positions. I wonder if she borrowed it from Beatrice it has a butterfly on it looks like something she would like. Still not looking great her makeup and hair are looking really bad lately for some reason.

I don't think she looks overly bad and she does have a nice smile. I just wish she wasn't referred to as The Duchess of York. Its so misleading.

Beginning a sentence with a demonstrative adjective (The) is not calling Sarah "The Duchess of York" as you perceived it. To be incorrect, they would have had to start the sentence with "Sarah, The Duchess of York attended blah, blah, blah."

I think Sarah looks quite well. I like the dress and thought the butterfly ornament on the clutch was very pretty.

But saying The Duchess of York attended, is wrong. It should have been Sarah, Duchess of York attended.

Oh for goodness sake. It was a human error.

It was not in the newspapers, Sarah didnt' refer to herself as THE Duchess of York. That's just the way Iceflower noted the caption of the picture that she provided. I will ask her going forward if she can refer to Sarah's correct title.

I have since corrected it so we don't go off on a tangent, or think that that in this particular insistence...Sarah is calling herself The Duchess of York.

Last edited:
Zonk, sorry if I added fuel to that fire.

No you didn't add fuel to the fire.

To me its just another example of how polarizing the Sarah threads have become. Even the smallest thing is used as an example of "awful" Sarah.

I thanked Iceflower for her contributions to the British Forums and just asked if she could use Sarah's correct title going forward. In her defence, in the Forums she moderate's they don't have a Sarah issue (Alexandra received a new title when she divorced Joachim) so this is not a situation that she deals with on a regular. Though it does make you wonder...in the age of today where people are still referring to Camilla and Kate as Camilla Parker Bowles, Duchess of Cornwall, and Kate Middleton.....how many people are incorrectly stating Sarah's title...and yet to some people...its her fault.

Oh well.

Ah how little words can start things. I had no intention of starting anything here but there has been so much discussion of Sarah allowing herself to be called "The Duchess" etc, I made a comment on it.

Iceflower does a tremendously excellent job of supplying us with wonderful pictures that we've come to look forward to and if my words seemed like a slur to her, I deeply apologize.

This is my first post, having joined the site today, so please forgive me if this bends any rule, but...

Having read this article, I find it impossible to feel any sympathy for Sarah and I think it is laughable that she described herself as handing off the baton to Catharine; really, really laughable, perhaps even self-delusional. (For the record: I am not anti-Sarah. I am anti-BS.)

:flowers: Hi everyone.

This is my first post, having joined the site today, so please forgive me if this bends any rule, but...

Having read this article, I find it impossible to feel any sympathy for Sarah and I think it is laughable that she described herself as handing off the baton to Catharine; really, really laughable, perhaps even self-delusional. (For the record: I am not anti-Sarah. I am anti-BS.)

:flowers: Hi everyone.

Hi and a big welcome to TRF! :flowers:

I also think that Sarah is really trying too hard to push herself off as something marketable. It may take a while to sink in but as the offers dwindle and there's not much of a demand for Sarah, I'm hoping that she'll decide to focus on one thing to throw her energies into like her Children in Crisis.

Oh dear, what a drama I've provoked ;) I haven't rechecked the thread untill now, thanks for handling it for me, Zonk!

It's been - as KittyAtlanta has already explained - my simple innocent start of record and neither a statement nor a
misinterpretation of her title. I'm an impartial observer as most of you know :flowers:

:previous:And a most kind one was well Ice. :flowers: Thank you for all you do and Russo gets scrambled eggs over titles as well but what do you expect from this Yank?? :D
Looks to me like it's back to work for Sarah, and well, I don't blame her, she hasn't got a lot of cards to play. I must say I am pleased she is NOT with her daughters at this affair and I wish her well.

She is not with her daughters. Am I missing a photo?

I HATE that dress she's wearing. She's worn it several times before, but at least this time she didn't opt to wear it sleeveless, covering those arms of hers did wonders for that dress, it wasn't nearly as ugly.

Nice that she was invited to a posh to do, didn't go with her daughters or Andrew. She broke out her wedding diamonds as well. She looks a lot better than she did at Beatrice's graduation.

Does anyone know if the butterfly motif is symbolic of a particular company or designer? She does seem to be positioning it so that the butterfly is well seen. I'm wondering if she is possibly doing some "product placement".

Well, do you blame her for product placement? If she can pull it off, then bully for her. However, please Sarah, stay away from your daughters and the ex for good bit and let them get on with their lives as you do yours.

:previous:No "blame" at all, just curious since she did seem to be making sure the butterfly was front and center and I wondered if it happened to be a logo I was unfamiliar with ... which would not be unusual.

Hey, if Lady Helen Taylor can be paid for wearing clothes, no reason that Sarah couldn't be paid for using a particular handbag.

IF it happens to be the case then I think we can plan on seeing Sarah out and about "placing her product". :lol:

Sarah, Duchess of York attended the First Initiative Foundation opening gala celebration of Sojourn
at the Asia House in London, September 14, 2011.

Sojourn features Hong Kong based art, design and culinary talents in London from 13th-24th
September 2011. Supported by the Hong Kong Tourism Board and presented by First Initiative
Foundation, the purpose is to bring together exhibitions and events that show Hong Kong as
a remarkable and international city.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Sarah is looking beautiful in that sumptuous dress. It suits her well and she seems to glow.

OK Sarah is not looking good. I don't know what it is but something looks like it's changed. She has gained weight and wearing that white dress doesn't help things. Her makeup could be what is making her look so washed out. I think she is dying her hair it looks more brown then red like it did at Bea's graduation. Which is a pity cause I love her red hair, I have always loved red hair! I am wondering why there is no butterfly at the butterfly ball but she had one a couple of days before to something else but it would explain it. Not the awkward showing of it but why it was on her clutch. I don't know something seems off her face has changed could it be the change of life?

Last edited:
She looks about the same to me, better than in some of her TV show shots. "Change of life"? You mean, getting older? Yes, we're all getting older.

Yikes, let's not go there. We don't want to discuss that! :whistling:

holding the clutch

I think the reason for Sarah holding the clutch is because it is a little trick to camouflage weight gain or a stomach you might want to conceal. Many famous women have used it to hide a baby bump. The other women are not holding anything.

Well Sarah's 51 and a smoker and sun worshipper, so she's looking about as well as she can given all these factors. In "Finding Sarah" she went to a hormone doctor who told her that she was in the throws of menopause. (Source: Dr. Prudence Hall - Finding Sarah - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube)

If I were Sarah, I'd get in touch with Princess Michael of Kent's surgeon and get to work on turning back the clock a bit!

I wish somebody would have told her that white is reserved for lovely lovely young brides with creamy glowing skin, not girls our age.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom