Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what Sarah does after this that will be the most telling. She should move out and start her own life afterall Oprah's show was supposed to help her find Sarah. But I think she is too comfortable leeching of Andrew and letting him pay for her bills. I don't know how well the book will do she already did a biography and we know from what she has said they won't match up! Some people will just buy it cause of the Oprah connection but I don't see it flying off the shelves. Someone needs to point out what she said in her first one and ask which one is right! Sarah is probably reading the OWN website which doesn't seem to allow negative comments and I don't see how that is going to help her. She already seems to think she deserves peoples sympathy, which is annoying to most people. I think she has further to fall before she actually does anything to change herself. She won't while she has Andrew and the girls cleaning up her messes and paying her way for her.

I was at Sarah's book signing on Monday in Princeton NJ, and while standing in line, a few of us got to talking and I asked the man behind me if he was a fan of Sarah, he reply no he was a friend of hers, and that he worked with her. He told us she was very kind, and down to earth, exactly the way she seems. I was glad to have gotten to talk to him. The duchess was very nice to everyone in line and made sure she talked face to face with everyone there, which was at least 100 people. I'm sure she had a very long day, and probably cramps in her hand as well. I can say I can die happy knowing I've finally met her face to face.

Attachments

• image-323758471.jpg
    image-323758471.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 224
Oh, that's exciting! I wanted to go see Sarah when she made an appearance at the San Diego Seaworld several years ago, and was unable to make it. Did she sign your book? :)

I'm not sure about that. From what I've seen in reviews and on message boards, I don't think that Sarah's getting a lot of sympathy on either side of the Atlantic.

Glad to hear it, sorry but certain people just go too far, and she's one of them. Take care.

It is what Sarah does after this that will be the most telling. She should move out and start her own life afterall Oprah's show was supposed to help her find Sarah. But I think she is too comfortable leeching of Andrew and letting him pay for her bills. I don't know how well the book will do she already did a biography and we know from what she has said they won't match up! Some people will just buy it cause of the Oprah connection but I don't see it flying off the shelves. Someone needs to point out what she said in her first one and ask which one is right! Sarah is probably reading the OWN website which doesn't seem to allow negative comments and I don't see how that is going to help her. She already seems to think she deserves peoples sympathy, which is annoying to most people. I think she has further to fall before she actually does anything to change herself. She won't while she has Andrew and the girls cleaning up her messes and paying her way for her.

Well said. I actually used to be a fan of Sarah's, but she really doesn't do herself any favours, but what was really unforgivable was the fact she put her own daughters in danger, as a mother myself I find that disgusting.

We all know the headlines and negative press Sarah has got over the past year, but today I really couldn't believe what I was reading.
In one of the British tabloids one journalist had a article paying tribute to Diana (on what would have been her 50th birthday), and speculating what her life may have been like had she lived.

She said she hoped Diana would still not be talking to Fergie (fair enough, she's entitled to her opinion), but she followed up with the following ....

"I can't help thinking how unjust it is that Ferguson is still alive, living a life which she clearly takes no pleasure in, while Diana - who loved life so passionately and lived it so proudly - is dead"

I don't have the words to describe how horrible, nasty and downright heartless I find such a statement (about anyone). There also a huge possibility she has written this about someone she has never even met. To actually wish her dead takes Sarah bashing to a whole new level.

Am I right in thinking that you don't have to in any way, shape or form like or have sympathy for Sarah to agree that such a statement is so wrong (or am I just a big softie?).

I'm just after seeing Andrew and Beatrice watching the tennis, how horrible if they hear about such an article.

"I can't help thinking how unjust it is that Ferguson is still alive, living a life which she clearly takes no pleasure in, while Diana - who loved life so passionately and lived it so proudly - is dead".

This statement really upset me.

I also think this statement made is rude, crude and very much written by a shallow minded person who obviously doesn't put much value into human life. We all have our own path to follow in our lives and as we all know, have ups and downs and hairpin turns. Its what makes us who we are.

We may have been in these forums discussing Sarah's misadventures and the wisdom behind some of the moves she's made in life, but I think we'd all agree that there is a lot of good and wonderful characteristics that make up Sarah Ferguson.

Irish Eyes & Osipi,

I have to agree with what you've both written. I especially don't like Sarah at all, however, that is completely unneccessary. Sarah has done some incredibly stupid and idiotic things in her time, but none of that deserves death threats/wishes, that is below the belt, especially as her daughters are in the public eye. Unfortunately this is the British press for you, don't forget they once paid a man to go to a football match to tell David Beckham that he wished his baby would die, just so they could get an angry reaction from him. The British press are the most dispicable form of low-life there is, they are utter scum. They hounded Diana into her death, they promised they would leave her sons alone, and guess what? they lied, big surprise.

Not sure if I can ever forgive Sarah for last year, I think she went way too far, and she doesn't deserve any sympathy, but she absolutely doesn't deserve people to wish death on her. I think the only people who deserve that are lawyers & politicians (Apart from the rare good ones).

I still can't get over the strong feelings people seem to have regarding Sarah Ferguson.
Why do people feel this way? Does it matter so very much what she does or says ?
Let her work out her own salvation....

I still can't get over the strong feelings people seem to have regarding Sarah Ferguson.
Why do people feel this way? Does it matter so very much what she does or says ?

I think people are interested in the ups and downs of Sarah's life primarily because its so very public. We're all here basically because we are interested in royalty and their way of life. I do agree though that Sarah should be sorting out her problems in private rather than making a spectacle of her woes and pitfalls.

Absolutely heartless and mean. The writer should issue an apology. I hope that Sarah doesn't hear of this.:ermm:

]
"I can't help thinking how unjust it is that Ferguson is still alive, living a life which she clearly takes no pleasure in, while Diana - who loved life so passionately and lived it so proudly - is dead"

Now I don't like Sarah but that is uncalled for. I'm sure Sarah and her family will read this. The writer may off also done it for the added attention such a remark would get.

Absolutely heartless and mean. The writer should issue an apology. I hope that Sarah doesn't hear of this.:ermm:

That remark was in very poor taste. Just as distasteful as that Newsweek magazine cover which shows Diana & Kate walking side by side and looking like they are talking to each other. Talk about a complete lack of judgement.

Oh thanks heavens, it really is reassuring to read that people think that the journalist has crossed the line with such a comment (even if you dislike Sarah big time). I don't think the remark will get much attention (if any). It was buried in a feature re Diana, and almost all publications had similar articles yesterday. It would be particuarly hard for her family to read such things on the day Beatrice got her successful degree results, really spoil what what should be a day of celebration.
Like Ravine I remember what they did to wind up David Beckham, but I hadn't heard about the Newsweek magazine cover mentioned by HRH Princess Sonya. Just so insensitive and wrong, it seems there is no depths they won't stoop too or boundaries they won't cross anymore.

Even though I'm a Yank, I feel that Sarah's actions and misdeeds reflect on the monarchy still--I'm sure there are those that think since she's been divorced this is not the case, however since she's still at the Royal Lodge, since she's still the mother of the Princesses, yes, that reflects on the monarchy and for her, IMO, to keep screwing up and airing each and every single piece of dirty laundry out into public is truly a disgrace. And pathetic.

We have people on this very board - one who has posted in this thread - who has made a similar comment about Charles - wishing that he would die before his mother.

Sorry but that is simply nasty from whomever about whomever.

Sarah has made mistakes in her life - who hasn't but... she is loved by her ex-husband and her daughters. She must be doing something right for them to feel the way they do about her.

As for the press houding Diana - no - the press only write what the public will buy - in the 80s and 90s the public bought their stories about Diana and so they continued to write them - the people who hounded Diana to her death were Diana's own fans.

These days the press know that stories that show Sarah as a wastrel will also sell - and those who loathe Sarah will buy those stories (often the fans of Diana who think that they are doing what Diana would have wanted) and so Sarah is being hounded - not by her fans but by those who dislike her.

I don't blame the press but those who buy what the press produces - they and they alone are responsible for the death of Diana and the constant negative stories about Sarah (except for the actual actions but things like - she goes shopping but she is broke - with no evidence that she actually bought anything but she went into expensive shops - so do I - but I can't afford to buy anything in them so I don't but that doesn't mean I don't like looking in them.).

This is true, and I find that rabid Diana "fans" will not admit this. I mean the people who believe that Diana was completely a victim and who were obsessed with her. They'll blame the Palace, the Press, etc., but they won't admit their own responsibility. I don't think that the fans are 100% responsible, of course; Diana contributed to her own death by not wearing a seatbelt and by associating with the Fayeds and by taunting the press while on holiday. Companies will only produce what sells, and Diana sold very well. I wonder whether Sarah ever considered that something tragic could happen to her as well by continuing her life in the limelight. There are psychotic people out there who are attracted to celebrities. Does Sarah have bodyguards? I don't mean official protection, but private security people?

As for the press houding Diana - no - the press only write what the public will buy - in the 80s and 90s the public bought their stories about Diana and so they continued to write them - the people who hounded Diana to her death were Diana's own fans.

Oh thanks heavens, it really is reassuring to read that people think that the journalist has crossed the line with such a comment (even if you dislike Sarah big time). I don't think the remark will get much attention (if any). It was buried in a feature re Diana, and almost all publications had similar articles yesterday. It would be particuarly hard for her family to read such things on the day Beatrice got her successful degree results, really spoil what what should be a day of celebration.
Like Ravine I remember what they did to wind up David Beckham, but I hadn't heard about the Newsweek magazine cover mentioned by HRH Princess Sonya. Just so insensitive and wrong, it seems there is no depths they won't stoop too or boundaries they won't cross anymore.

Here is the Newsweek link. Newsweek cover imagines Diana at age 50 - LA Daily News

I agree that the press certainly has not given Sarah fair "press". On the other hand, she is the one who has gone on various television programs and aired her laundry and especially this Oprah Winfrey show. She is the one doing this to herself and IMO, it does reflect badly on the family virtually by association ... and she certainly is the one doing the "associating".

Sarah has made mistakes in her life - who hasn't but...

I -ME - MOI? Like majority of people, I haven't made that MANY mistakes and the ones I may have made are no way as bigs as hers.

she is loved by her ex-husband and her daughters. She must be doing something right for them to feel the way they do about her..

Guilt also brings the loved ones to try to protect any poor-little-thing.

I -ME - MOI? Like majority of people, I haven't made that MANY mistakes and the ones I may have made are no way as bigs as hers.

Guilt also brings the loved ones to try to protect any poor-little-thing.

I have said that very thing myself on this board and have been disagreed with. Pulling a guilt can be a powerful thing. She has been pulling a guilt trip in overdrive on the 3 people she claims to " Love".

Andrew is too much like her to begin with so leading him by the ring isn't such an issue. As for the girls, I think it's more blind loyalty than guilt tripping, though their comments about not watching the NOtW video tells you that they're avoiding the worst of it. Hard to defend someone when you see them committing the crime.

I agree that the press certainly has not given Sarah fair "press". On the other hand, she is the one who has gone on various television programs and aired her laundry and especially this Oprah Winfrey show. She is the one doing this to herself and IMO, it does reflect badly on the family virtually by association ... and she certainly is the one doing the "associating".
yes i agree too

Andrew is too much like her to begin with so leading him by the ring isn't such an issue. As for the girls, I think it's more blind loyalty than guilt tripping, though their comments about not watching the NOtW video tells you that they're avoiding the worst of it. Hard to defend someone when you see them committing the crime.

Whatever the case it's just sad to be either blind or allowed to be lead around by the nose.

These days the press know that stories that show Sarah as a wastrel will also sell - and those who loathe Sarah will buy those stories (often the fans of Diana who think that they are doing what Diana would have wanted) and so Sarah is being hounded - not by her fans but by those who dislike her.

I don't blame the press but those who buy what the press produces - they and they alone are responsible for the death of Diana and the constant negative stories about Sarah (except for the actual actions but things like - she goes shopping but she is broke - with no evidence that she actually bought anything but she went into expensive shops - so do I - but I can't afford to buy anything in them so I don't but that doesn't mean I don't like looking in them.).

I'm going to completely contradict myself here...ooopps - Okay to a point I agree with you, if people didn't buy the papers then the photographers couldn't sell the pictures. However I think it's fair to say that at least 80% of those type of papers sold, would still be sold regardless of the pictures (I mean the regular readers). Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's only a small percentage of ppl buy a particular or diffirent paper because of the picture on the cover. Papers, magazines, and other publications I mean.

However I do still feel the press hounded her to death. The fact is she was chased very dangerously in a crazy car chase. I personally believe that if you drink and drive and cause an accident you are completely responsible (I still have doubts as to whether Diana's driver was really drinking or not), however I also believe that if you get into a car chase, and drive so crazy and cause a crash, then you are responsible for that crash.

I do feel very strongly that those who were pursuing Diana's car got away with murder, they were crazy, insane and caused the deaths of 3 people. It's shameful to me that they all walked free without any blame.

Sorry I know the topic of this conversation isn't Sarah Ferguson, I just needed to clarify what I meant by Diana being hounded to death by the press.

i am sorry i haven't followed this thread so far but I wish there was an option to see a sequence of finding sarah though.. but haven t found it anywhere available for europe.. did you? thanks!

Just because Sarah has made mistakes doesn't mean she should be wished dead. Whatever mistakes she has made and no matter how embarrassed some people are by her, I am sure her daughters would rather have her with them, then lying in the cold ground in the middle of an island.

i am sorry i haven't followed this thread so far but I wish there was an option to see a sequence of finding sarah though.. but haven t found it anywhere available for europe.. did you? thanks!

Finding Sarah is not supposed to air in Europe until sometime around the fall...it should be televised in Europe at least by the end of the year:)

Last edited:
I do feel very strongly that those who were pursuing Diana's car got away with murder, they were crazy, insane and caused the deaths of 3 people. It's shameful to me that they all walked free without any blame.

Sorry I know the topic of this conversation isn't Sarah Ferguson, I just needed to clarify what I meant by Diana being hounded to death by the press.

In my opinion, Diana was not hounded to death by the press. That implies an innocence that did not exist. Diana played with the press. Last I looked the press do not carry weapons or cause you harm. Running from them is a voluntary act - for whatever reason - and it is very likely she could have left the hotel without anyone knowing. When they got into the car, the press were already on to them - the jig was up. What they did next was of their own volition.

I think the press hounded her, yes. Hounding her to death is a melodramatic notion. She died in a tragic accident, sadly and unfortunately. By making her a martyr that died on the paparazzi cross we diminish her own culpability and demonize a profession that only exists because people like us are so interested in the affairs of public people that we will buy and discuss the products produced by said photographers.

Was it right that they chased her? No. Was it murder? No.

Off topic, I know - I apologize.

I agree with the idea that Sarah is being hounded by the press because "Sarah screws up again" sells papers. They would stop if she would stop. She courts publicity but doesn't want any bad press. These are not mutually compatible goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom