Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. But the bitter and quite unseemly irony of this dislike for "public therapy" (disregarding the fact that she might genuinely need it) is that all those people who enjoy spitting venom against her (check the comments section of any newspaper these days) obviously are blind to the fact that THEY are indulging in a VERY public form of "therapy", of the basest and most unproductive kind, at the expense of another human being who, on top of everything, is exposed to the eyes of the world - while they are sitting behind their computer screens.

I do not understand this lack of "forgiveness" towards her (I have put the term in quotation marks because there is nothing for anyone unrelated to her TO forgive). She not Myra Hindley, for heaven's sake!

I feel I should add that I am no fan of Sarah; I don't even like her much... or at all (for strictly personal reasons).
But I'd rather be dead than ever to fall prey to such total and callous lack of basic human empathy.

Thank you. I have spoken. :)

I think you make sme very important points here about empathy, or the lack thereof. And as someone who, by your own admission, doesn't like Sarah on a personal level, your argument has far more force than it would from someone like myself. As you say, the comments on newspaper comments sections seem to be representative of human nature at it's worst.
The contributors on this site, I'm pleased to say, even those who are negative towards Sarah, do so with a sense of intelligence and logical
consistency that puts the debate on a different level. But I think that, without wanting to offend anybody, there is a certain lack of empathy in evidence in many people's arguments.
Personally, I really do believe that 'Finding Sarah' can be a form of catharsis for her, as well as a relaunch of the brand. And I don't see the problem with the two elements being combined.

I've always liked Sarah. She was my favorite member of the BRF. But when a person makes mistakes, admits to the mistakes, apologizes for the mistake, and yet continues to make more of the same mistakes or similar mistakes, I tend to lose my sympathy/empathy for that person. If Sarah knows what she did was wrong, why is she continueing to do it? She will continue to trade on her "connection" to the Royal Fam because it's all she has that is successful in generating an income for her, and it feeds her need for attention/approval. Why should I have sympathy/empathy for her if I feel what she is doing is wrong?

Do you think Suze, Oprah and Phil truly like her as a person, or see her as just a cash cow(no pun intended) for the struggling OWN?

I shudder to think what they say about her behind her back. :sad:

If I was Oprah I would be very careful about a friend like Sarah. She can easily act as a loose cannon. I'm afraid they might be helping her out of pity (while making a little bot of money for them in the way).

Whatever, I know I will be watching "Finding Sarah" tonight, for better or worse!

Those who will be able to watch: don't forget to comment! :D

(I started a thread to discuss the issues that arise from the comments Sarah makes in her documentary/ interviews that don't really have to do with Sarah's current events, per se but will provide for great discussion. :flowers:)

I'm watching live if anyone has inquiries, either here or there.

If I was Oprah I would be very careful about a friend like Sarah. She can easily act as a loose cannon. I'm afraid they might be helping her out of pity (while making a little bot of money for them in the way).

If anyone has got to be careful it's Sarah. Oprah is in charge, she has the money and orders things to be shot for more drama. You can only hope the woman doesn't go too far but you never know. I'll be watching in an hour.

I'm really looking forward to hearing people's opinions. Incidentally, the weekend newspapers in the UK were carrying stories reports that Sarah is concerned that she gave the impression that she was abused by her mother because she is now claiming that she was not abused etc. I have to confess, I am getting a bit confused by all this: i.e. whether Sarah did claim she was abused, denies it and is now 'backpedalling' furiously, or whether Sarah is saying that she neve claimed she was abused and was misrepresented, either by the editing of 'Finding Sarah' or newspaper reports of the same.....

Thank you in advance for any help those of you who are viewing the documentary can give.

Diarist

Sarah did say those things but now says they were taken out of context. Not sure how she thought they would be taken. Problem with Sarah as someone already pointed out is she continues to make the same sorts of mistakes and really only says she is sorry if she is caught out. I don't think this show is going to do anything for her. They don't really seem to get into the whole mess she made with selling access to Andrew cause she doesn't want to talk about it! Sarah seems to blame everyone and is looking for an excuse for her bad behaviour that way next time she does something stupid she can fall back on whatever Dr Phil can come up with for her. Even he tells her at some point she has to tell the truth. I don't buy she is really sorry why would she be? The press have always had a go at her but other then that, she lives in a big house with servants, goes on first class holidays, has shopping sprees we can only dream off all while being bankrupt or close too. Andrew and the girls all enable her to do the things she does and she seems not to listen to anybody which you would think by now she would know was a huge mistake. This won't get the Royal Family to let her back into the fold anytime soon especially now she has gotten her daughters to make an appearance. Neither girl look that thrilled to be there. Sarah is a grown woman of 50 plus who needs to grow up and instead of looking for excuses start actually doing something for others not just the good PR it gives her. I've watched Sarah for many years and her own self pity is just sickening and I believe it would take a lot more then this unreality show that Oprah actually considered too boring so they had to reshoot several parts so Sarah could spice things up. She does say she regrets getting divorced but then she bought that on herself too and she hasn't done that badly out of it either. Still got to live in a big house with maids, nannies, chefs etc, girls went to private school and still had amazing holidays with both parents. I know some real single mothers and Sarah calling herself one is an insult to them. Sarah just makes me crazy she has so much but doesn't seem to truly appreciate it or be grateful. She could do amazing things if she stopped being so self absorbed.

I hope it's OK to put this in Sarah's thread.

How do all we all think the ladies were looking at Elton's John Charity Ball tonight? I give a big thumbs up :flowers:

:previous: I thought that the three of them looked terrific.:flowers: Had Sarah worn that gown before? Am I correct in thinking that Eugenie has lost some weight?

:previous: I thought that the three of them looked terrific.:flowers: Had Sarah worn that gown before? Am I correct in thinking that Eugenie has lost some weight?

They all looked simply wonderful and I do think Eugenie has lost some weight. She looks amazing in that shade of red. Sarah Burton looks well on her way to becoming a young, female, BRF favourite!

Sarah, Duchess of York looked so elegant, too. She always looks good when she keeps things understated. Beatrice was every bit as much a winner of the fashion stakes as her mum and sister.

The Yorks did Britannia proud tonight! How lovely to see!:flowers:

Last edited:
The three York ladies look stunning tonight :) :rose:

They all looked simply wonderful and I do think Eugenie has lost some weight. She looks amazing in that shade of red. Sarah Burton looks well on her way to becoming a young, female, BRF favourite!

The red dress for Elton John's party was by Vivienne Westwood (Eugenie seems to love her); it was the Ascot dress that was by Sarah Burton.

The Westwood design was much more flattering, imo, because of the way the skirt was draped. (I thought she looked like she was going to burst out of the Ascot dress, it was so tight).

All three women looked very well, although when I see them posed like that, I get the uncomfortable feeling that once again, Sarah is exploiting her daughters for her own benefit, clinging to them like a limpet to enhance her social status and play to the cameras.

Wow Liz Hurley's boyfriend looks totally freaky!!!!!! :eek:

Read that Sarah was wearing a gown from Escada. Wondered who paid for that!!
I believe that Sarah did. I also believe that I have seen her in that gown, and I know from reading about Princess Bea's 18th Birthday Ball in Majesty( Escada designed the coustumes on that occasion) that Sarah is personal friends with the owners of Escada. So maybe they gave it to her. Or gave her a discount...

I believe that Sarah did. I also believe that I have seen her in that gown, and I know from reading about Princess Bea's 18th Birthday Ball in Majesty( Escada designed the coustumes on that occasion) that Sarah is personal friends with the owners of Escada. So maybe they gave it to her. Or gave her a discount...

The current owners of Escada are the London based Indian family, the Mittals. They have owned Escada for the last 18 months or so (I think), so if the gown is new, they may well have given it to her..... though as we all know, nothing comes for free.

In the context of Sarah, I am not sure if being a sponger is worse than being a former royal who refuses to accept she can no longer afford the lifestyle she threw away 20 years ago!

Feeling sorry for Sarah actually enables her to continue doing the mistakes she does. This woman has had more chances and opportunities in life then most and whatever mess she has made she only has herself to blames. This isn't some teenager this is a 51 year old woman who tried to sell access to her ex husband cause she needed the cash to live above her means. What does that say about Sarah? She doesn't need sympathy although she does seem to thrive on that especially her own self pity what would happen if she had a real problem? The show isn't going to help her because she doesn't admit to any wrong doing and she wants to be able to have a stock standard answer for any questions she doesn't want to answer. Basically it is the don't blame me it's my addiction! Oprah is in it for the ratings she even made Sarah reshoot scenes cause it was boring. I save my sympathy for people who at least try to help themselves! The girl didn't get the nickname Freebie Fergie for nothing sponging is something she has down to a fine art! But then that is probably an addiction too.

I don't think it's creepy at all. I have a purse like that with a few pictures of my family on it. She loves her girls and I don't blame her for wearing a bag like that.

In an earlier interview for the show Fergie insisted she had managed to pay off the staggering £2million she owes creditors after a string of failed business deals but said her money worries were far from over.

When did she pay anyone?

When we got divorced I just had to get on with it but ... I didn’t understand things about money, probably because I never had to.

See, it's things like this that make her look bad. Considering her previous work experience and, more importantly, age and the amount of time since the divorce, how can she sit there act as if she never had time to learn? She was married for a decide, actually with Andrew for six years, the way she presents it you'd think she grew up a royal. You'd understand how someone like Andrew or Charles would be a put off if they were suddenly stripped of their wealth but Sarah, come on.

Last edited:

The following article includes some new pics of Sarah in New York:

** Missing your girls, Sarah? Fergie displays her daughters' faces on her handbag as she promotes her new book in New York **

Actually she has that bag for years now.

Well, it's a very good way for people to know who she is OR ask questions and find out who she is. I don't have a problem with it when the situation is more informal but I do think it is out of place in a high profile professional situation. But it IS good advertisement. :whistling:

Luckily she didn't have another bag made with Will & Kate's picture to REALLY remind us that she was royal once and make believe less informed people that she still is.

The current owners of Escada are the London based Indian family, the Mittals. They have owned Escada for the last 18 months or so (I think), so if the gown is new, they may well have given it to her..... though as we all know, nothing comes for free.

In the context of Sarah, I am not sure if being a sponger is worse than being a former royal who refuses to accept she can no longer afford the lifestyle she threw away 20 years ago!
It was the former owners that were friends of Sarah's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom