Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is, if the interest Sarah generates here is in any way representative of the community at large we are all feeding in to, what for Sarah is lifeblood. ATTENTION of any sort validates her as a person. It may, now she is adult, represent the attention she probably had to perform a song and dance for in order to be noticed by parents who were too involved with their own amusements to notice her.

She may not have had ideal parents, but I'm wary of accepting anything Fergie says at face value!
As someone mentioned previously, she keeps changing her account of her life, and it's obvious she's trying to garner sympathy and excuse her own behavior.

Sarah has settled so comfortably into the victim's role that she doesnt even shy away from bathmouthing her deceased parents - is there anything more disgusting, even for Sarah's standards.

Sarah's mother was not the best parent, I'll admit when she left her marriage and fled to Argentina with a polo player. There are two sides to divorce and Ronald Ferguson had cheated on both his wives with mistresses. I won't condone what Susan Ferguson did, but she probably was at her limit being married to Ronald, leaving her children was very unwise yet she knew she wouldn't have much of a chance in court since she bolted out of the marriage. Ronald Ferguson, like Johnny Spencer, was a horse's rear end.
To dredge up such stories of abuse when both parent's are deceased and cannot provide a defense or explanation is disgusting. These are serious allegations and Sarah cannot provide definite proof other than her word, which doesn't go very far as she has proven to be a pathological liar.

Maybe she didn't bring it up while they were alive because she didn't want to publically hurt or humiliate them.

My parents are both gone now, but while they were alive I would never ever confront them or even discuss openly the sense of betrayal and abandonment I often felt under their roof. I always told anyone who would listen how lucky I was growing up. I even bragged about them to my friends. I would rather have been boiled alive in oil than hurt either of them while they were alive...because I loved them desperately and I still do...and I now realize that they did the best they could under the circumstances.

But that doesn't mean I would live in denial either. I went to a safe and appropriate place to deal with it and sort myself out.

I didn't have Oprah Winfrey waving megabucks and my own TV show at me to tell all...but even so...I would never do it. I just couldn't.:sad:

Last edited:
Perfectly stated. She knows she has a problem but why go through the issue of changing when it's not in your best interest? No one she cares about is going to toss her out or knock her down so why change? It's easier to do the tricks and get the treat placed on your nose and live as you did before.

She might honestly live her entire life like this, maybe only realizing how strange this all is near the end. Or maybe not at all.

In the "Sarah's divorce statement" thread, Diarist notes that if Sarah had gone bankrupt, she wouldn't have been able to work in the U.S. I'm starting to wish Sarah had gone bankrupt. It would have been better for her; it would have forced her to deal with reality and sort out her life. Right now she's just milking her troubles for all they're worth, because the American media is giving her a platform to do it.

Like many people here, I like Sarah and have defended her in the past, but my patience is wearing out. I'm now cringing every time I read an interview with her. In the past, Sarah at least showed an awareness of what was socially acceptable - admitting she'd made mistakes and that she was trying to do better. Now, though, it's like she's lost her filter - all she does is moan about her problems and regrets.

Last edited:
Can we call it interest from the media? The wedding offers aren't her doing and if Oprah doesn't have a new network this series isn't pushed. I'v really got to watch this, I'm really interested in the girls and what they'll say.

Sarah was just on The View this morning where she said that she never said her mom abused her. She said that the tabloids have skewed what she had said, and that the phrase "beat it out of her" was just an expression. She seemed pretty appalled that the tabloids had been saying she said these things considering her mother is dead.

Sarah was just on The View this morning where she said that she never said her mom abused her. She said that the tabloids have skewed what she had said, and that the phrase "beat it out of her" was just an expression. She seemed pretty appalled that the tabloids had been saying she said these things considering her mother is dead.

Okay, again a case where she only realised afterwards what a mishap she did and now tries to explain it away... For as others have pointed out, she had said things of a similar content earlier...

Yeah, sure. Why does she feel the need to talk at all??? Nobody wants to know.
Its because she's getting some $$$ and of course in return the media want some scandals. Who pays for boring stuff?
Sarah is a mixture between naivite and boldness. Horrible combination.

She was just on The View promoting her new show like anyone with a new show out would do. She's probably contractually obligated to go out and promote it.

Obviously somebody wants to know because the ladies on The View asked her about it. If no one cared then none of the talk shows would have her on. They aren't stupid. They only have on guests that they know people will want to see.

Besides it's not like she is getting money from the tabloids for the story. Honestly, I don't think she made the story up for promotion considering the story was mainly in UK tabloids and her show is in the US, where people normally do not read UK tabloids. I'm sure they made up the story from something she said in her show and took it out of context. I think it's very easy for tabloids to take things way out of context and sensationalize them. It's not like they haven't done it a million times before.

Besides it's not like she is getting money from the tabloids for the story. Honestly, I don't think she made the story up for promotion considering the story was mainly in UK tabloids and her show is in the US, where people normally do not read UK tabloids. I'm sure they made up the story from something she said in her show and took it out of context. I think it's very easy for tabloids to take things way out of context and sensationalize them. It's not like they haven't done it a million times before.

We're talking about Sarah Ferguson, you don't need to try to sensationalize with this woman.

So it's now the fault of the media? She is beginning to sound like certain American politicians. :ohmy:

I am more convinced than ever that the woman needs to disappear on some type of religious retreat...for like a year.

Moonmaiden23 said:
So it's now the fault of the media? She is beginning to sound like certain American politicians. :ohmy:

Lol that was funny:lol:

I also watched the View this morning and I was appalled when I saw Sarah there. I thought she said the only person she'd open up to would be Oprah. At first I felt sorry for her but now she's coming off as pathetic to me.

Last edited:
CrownPrincess5 I was always a little sympathetic to Sarah even when I found her behavior repulsive, because I sort of understood what was driving it.

But this round of publicity where she spills her guts to promote her latest money making venture is a bridge too far for me.

And that is mostly because she seems not to care how it is possibly affecting Andrew, her children or the Queen she professes to respect and revere so much.

If her family was not collateral damage here, I would say HEY SARAH...go get PAID girl! No Problem!

But she is starting to disgust me on a very basic level. Even her benefactress Oprah must shake her head behind closed doors and marvel at how pathetic and how low this woman has fallen.

Last edited:
Well, if she thinks that the Press is faulting her , twisting her words , she could simply STOP dealing with them , couldn't she ? :whistling:. Honestly, I doubt she will stop this kind of attitude, put her life in order or fix her problems, therefore IMO there's is only one possibility that she will get saved: the media finding a new distraction and forgeting her. Becayse really ,only if someone far worse than Sarah suddenly and miraculously appear and all lights focus on her/ him, then Sarah might have a hope

Now would be the time for Pa to distance himself from her for the sake of his children & the brf. But as usual he won't. The prior would require him to use a & backbone & a brain.

At this point for me unfortunately the only difference between Sarah Furgeson and relaity show celbutants is that Sarah used to BRIEFLY be a HRH

The sad thing is that in order to keep up the publicity she's thriving on and profiting from right now, getting her life in order and maintaining a sensible lifestyle just isn't going to cut it for Sarah. Fame is so fleeting! I thought for a minute about what would grab more media attention for her and had to chuckle with what I did come up with. This is *not* a published statement by any means but it kind of shows what lengths she'd have to go to sink any lower and maintain the level of attention she seems to crave.

NEWS BULLETIN:

Sarah, Duchess of York today filed defamation of character charges against her other personality for $1.5 million. After months of treatment with Dr. Phil, it was released that Sarah suffers from MPD. The former wife of Prince Andrew is now collaborating on a new book to be published titled "Good Sarah, Bad Sarah".

The queen needs to call all her team in now to have a " Come To Jesus Meeting". In order to avoid another public downfall. Speaking as a mother I will do what needs to be done to save my son even if he doesn't have the sense to save himself.

NEWS BULLETIN:

Sarah, Duchess of York today filed defamation of character charges against her other personality for $1.5 million. After months of treatment with Dr. Phil, it was released that Sarah suffers from MPD. The former wife of Prince Andrew is now collaborating on a new book to be published titled "Good Sarah, Bad Sarah".

The scary part here is that I can actually envision this happening eventually! :ROFLMAO:

Child abuse is horrible and devastating no matter who you or your parents are. I hope the duchess finds healing and comfort somewhere. We are willing to spend hundreds of posts on discussing whether someones skirt is long enough, shoes are the correct color or the jewelry is the right kind but no empathy when the most horrible of situations for any child is exposed.

I am glad her girls and P Andrew all seems to stand by her no matter what. As a woman my heart goes out to her. Perhaps her road to healing and forgiveness is coming to an end and she will find peace.

I agree child abuse is horrible-the worst of crimes. But I do not think that your mother spanking you is child abuse. I know some would disagree and maybe its a cultural thing. And some children don't respond to spankings some need a talking to or punishment or time out or a combination of discipline. Given all the half-truths and general triflingness of Sarah the past year I am not sure if the "abuse" happened or if this is Sarah being manipulated for ratings by the OWN network.

Last week a pregant 17 year old mother in my city beat her 18month old son and threw him in the trash can (with a house full of people there). And she's pregnant now. That is abuse. Walk thru any city emergency room and you will cry.

The Telegraph has a story about Finding Sarah today:
The Duchess of York: Finding Sarah - or just funding her? - Telegraph

For it they talked to Ingrid Seward who wrote a biography of Sarah in 1991 and had access to the Fergusons including Sarah's sister Jane. She doesn't believe Sarah.

The basic problem I have with this docu drama is that the situation Sarah is in is so bad: from the throneroom to the gutter. Even though Sarah might not be able to recognize this as the storyline behind the show, it surely is not mainly about Sarah coming like phoenix from the ashes. It is absolutely normal to sensationalise the real story behind the drama and I'm afraid this is what happened.

If she wanted to grovel, Sarah should have gone to the queen and not to the public. Andrew immediately started to try to help her when she got into real dire straits and that's how she thanks him for his support. Oh the poor girls.

Last edited:

Sarah, Duchess of York, leaving her hotel New York City on June 6, 2011.

** Pic ** gallery **

And outside the ABC studios to appear on 'Good Morning America', New York City, June 7.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery**

In the "Sarah's divorce statement" thread, Diarist notes that if Sarah had gone bankrupt, she wouldn't have been able to work in the U.S. I'm starting to wish Sarah had gone bankrupt. It would have been better for her; it would have forced her to deal with reality and sort out her life. Right now she's just milking her troubles for all they're worth, because the American media is giving her a platform to do it.

Like many people here, I like Sarah and have defended her in the past, but my patience is wearing out. I'm now cringing every time I read an interview with her. In the past, Sarah at least showed an awareness of what was socially acceptable - admitting she'd made mistakes and that she was trying to do better. Now, though, it's like she's lost her filter - all she does is moan about her problems and regrets.

rmay, I so agree with you NOW that if would have been better if Sarah had gone bankrupt. I am NOT a Sarah hater, and although I recognise that Bankruptcy is NOT an easy solution, I think it would have been a good way of preventing 'Sarah from being Sarah'. I have reluctantly come to this view because I feel from what I have read about Sarah's appearances on Oprah etc that even though Sarah has been paid a lot of money, I DO NOT think that it was in Sarah's best interests to porceed in this way - it is to my mind NOT moving forward for Sarah.

If she had been declared bankrupt if would have:

1. Wiped out her debts

2. Led to the appointment of a Trustee-in-Bankruptcy [TinB]to supervise Sarah's spending. This would have been wonderful - on another thread I have just noted that Sarah was photographed last week out at Mosimann's, one of the most expensive restaurant/dining clubs in the world. A TinB would have presumably vetoed such an expedition.

3. Prevented Sarah appearing on Oprah and making all these revelations, that embarras both herself, her family and ultimately her daughters. [NB travel to the US is apparently forbidden to bankrupts - entry to them is denied along with those whom the US deem undesirable - e.g criminals, persons of extremist views etc]. In my very humble opinion, the interests of Sarah and Oprah are not mutual - Oprah at the end of the day needs [sensational] tv in order to attract viewers and money; Sarah, in my very humble opinion needs to stop attracting publicity, and apparently needs some form of medical [psychiatric help] from which she herself has disclosed]

Instead, with Sarah 'still at large', she seems to be heading for what people call 'car crash'.

Only my humble views,

Diarist

The Telegraph has a story about Finding Sarah today:
The Duchess of York: Finding Sarah - or just funding her? - Telegraph

For it they talked to Ingrid Seward who wrote a biography of Sarah in 1991 and had access to the Fergusons including Sarah's sister Jane. She doesn't believe Sarah.

The basic problem I have with this docu drama is that the situation Sarah is in is so bad: from the throneroom to the gutter. Even though Sarah might not be able to recognize this as the storyline behind the show, it surely is not mainly about Sarah coming like phoenix from the ashes. It is absolutely normal to sensationalise the real story behind the drama and I'm afraid this is what happened.

If she wanted to grovel, Sarah should have gone to the queen and not to the public. Andrew immediately started to try to help her when she got into real dire straits and that's how she thanks him for his support. Oh the poor girls.

Please can I help with a little background information?

I am sure that some of what is being attributed to her parents by Sarah is NOT true: And I so agree with those who are saying that she is being forced to 'sensationalise' things in order to 'make for better viewing'.

I do not know Sarah well, but have met her a good few times and I can tell you this about her background [and in doing so something about my own as well].

Sarah was sent to boarding school when she was quite young - initally (from memory) it was Danes Hill when she was about 8 or 9. This might sound 'strange' or even 'cruel' to some forum members, but believe you me, this is standard for many girls of Sarah's class and background. She then moved on to Hurst Lodge School in Berkshire [wrongly described as a ballet school by some sources - it was not] until she was 16. During these times, under the English School system, Sarah would have been at school for around 32 weeks a year: in those days, there were generally 3 or 4 week holidays at Christmas and Easter. The summer break was long at around 8 weeks - and during this time, Sarah would have been able to have had frequent contact with her mother even after the divorce, because Senora Barrantes [as she became] ALWAYS used to spend Summers in the UK with her professional polo-playing husband. When her mother had left home, Sarah was cared for by nannies - and I have never heard any suggestion of cruelty for these people. When Sarah talks [as quoted above] in her book etc about how she got scared at night and visited her father and found him in bed with a girlfriend, to me the story does NOT ring true - it would have been more expected for Sarah to go and visit her nanny for comfort - although in practice, most nannies would have pre-empted such an eventuality by keeping their eyes and ears open for their charges at night.

Sarah's father Major Ron was not always about, but even so, I would not describe Sarah's childhood as unhappy - it was a comfortable [although not hugely 'flash' lifestyle like she now appears to be seeking. She had ponies - I don't, I am sorry to say, believe that her father 'cruelly' sold her ponies - in the English Country lifestyle, ponies are often sold because daughters quite simply grow too big for them or because it is not possible to combine ownership of a pony [which needs daily exercise] with a boarding school exisistence.

Being called a devil - well, when I read this, it sounded bad, until I remembered that my mother, bless her, often called me a devil. I suppose I too could give a sensational account of being called a 'devil' - the reality was that I was called, very lovingly 'a little devil'. This was often used when I had eaten too much chocolate cake, tried to bunk off visits to an elderly aunt etc etc. In short, it was an English term amonst certain levels of society for being a bit of a not-very-serious-naughty girl.

Take the 'I was told I was too ugly to look in the mirror etc etc' claims. Well, it sounds bad, but can I put this into context? My mother used to make similar lighthearted remarks about 'looking in the mirror'. My friends' parents used to make similar remarks. Was it an attack on our self-esteem? NO it definitely was not. Please can I explain? When I was brought up [more or less the same time as Sarah], many English parents disapproved of too much vanity - for the reason that (correctly) an excess of vanity was deemed too much of a self-centred thing. Beauty - to my mother's and my friends' mother's - opinions was an 'gift' i.e. not a desirable attribute. In other words, you were fortunate if you were beautiful but it did not reflect well on the same way as culivated desirable attributes such as being kind, thoughtful, polite etc. Vanity was therefore quite seriously discouraged - my mother and my parents' mothers - although pleased if we turned out to be pretty etc - much preferred us to cultivate desirable attributes. I know many people who thought it was very inappropriate for Earl Spencer at Diana's funeral to praise her beauty - this was a gift with which she was endowed. Would her goodness [charitable works etc] have been less if she had not been personally attractive?

Last edited:
Part 2 [Sorry for this length]

I am sure that if Sarah had been badly abused by her mother, she would have 'kept her distance' from Senora Barrantes. During a form of 'gap year' that Sarah took between stages of her education, she and a friend dashed out to South America to visit Senora Barrantes - I would have kept my distance. Why visit an abusing mother - it does not ring true in my humble opinon.

And what did Sarah apparentyy do with half of her divorce settlement? Whilst we do not know whether this was true, people here who have pointed to Sarah's generous heart, have quoted it as true? My 'take' on the situation is that you would not have shared a divorce settlement with a cruel mother. And I would not accept as an arguement that Sarah in taking such a step was simply 'trying to buy her mother's approval'. At that stage, Sarah no longer needed parental 'approval' - Sarah was a married woman, on TOP of the world with a Royal Husband, a good income, a title [don't forget how important that was to her - look out for the utube video of Sarah telling the 'fake sheikh' ' I'm an aristo, a true aristo and I just love it......']. No, Sarah gave money to her mother because she wanted to - and also apparently gave her mother the proceeds of the 'Andrew/Sarah/ New Baby Beatrice Hello photoshoot' as well.

There's a further reason I doubt Susan Barrantes' alleged cruelty. I remember an incident at work when Beatrice was born. This took place in the exclusive fashionable and expensive and somewhat 'flash' Portland Hospital in London. [None of the less-fashionable (and markedly less-expensive Lindo Wing at St Mary's [traditional private birthplace for the royals then] for the ultra-fashionable Sarah at that time, by the way!!!]. Cars which belong to members of a Royal's family or being used by a Royal or his or her family [bit of inside information this!] are issued with a special windscreen sticker with a Crown on it, to designate to police and security that the car is driven by / contains a 'legitimate' visitor [or royal]. Susan Barrantes immediately rushed to the Portland when Beatrice was born - and I was told by my boss that the necessary arrangments had been made by Sarah's staff for Senora Barrantes to receive a Crown Sticker. I am sure if Sarah had had such a bad time, her feelings for her mother would have been less cordial. [Somewhat off-topic but I can remember my very formal boss almost choking on his coffee [in an ultra-refined way] whilst watching an interview with Susan Barrantes explaining that her prescence at the Portland was necessary 'because every mother should be with her daughter at this special time [birth of first child']. I remember my boss saying in a disdainful way ' That's very rich coming from The Bolter - she had no difficulty leaving her young daughters when they needed her most' [explanation - 'Bolter' name for Susan Barrantes was the term used amongst the British upper classes to describe a woman who has left her children - the abiding upper class rule was that even if you fell out of love for your husband, you 'stayed put' for the sake of the family and conducted your affairs discreetely after producing an 'heir and spare'. Hypocritical in a sense I grant you, but the idea of child abandoment in order to pursue your own romantic dalliances was not deeed 'proper']. What I am trying to say is that I am sure that if Sarah had really been abused, she would not have wanted to see her mother.

Finally, why did Sarah not bring these revelations to the fore on previous occasions? She has revealed enough 'personal stuff', my goodness. I also don't remember ever having heard Sarah's sister Jane mention parental abuse either.

No, in my very humble opinon, Sarah - who was apparently receiving a mouth-watering sum of £200,000 for her interview, is going to have to come up with something 'new and exciting' to make the payment worthwhile. And for some reason she chose to do it in this way. Whether it was her own idea, or merely a skillful-but-not-very-professional tv or PR executive 'urging a vulnerable Sarah to adopt a form of documentary 'poetic licence' in order to drum up a good story I do not know. But at the end of the day, even if we disregard the further damage Sarah might be doing to herself, the two people who are the most damaged by Sarah's coninuing antics are poor Beatrice and Eugenie. In my humble opinion, even if we follow the alleged statements by the Prince of Wales that he wants to 'slim down the monarchy', I still feel that Sarah's behaviour is what is having the largest influence on the move to make Beatrice and Eugenie 'less royal'.

A further unthinkable thought - unless Sarah 'gets a grip' pretty smart-ish, what will happen if she spends her way through the estimated $5m that her latest 'revelations' [interviews, tours, books etc] are expected to bring her? What can she say next time to be sensational? I can hardly bear to say it, but when you've started to dish the dirt on your parents in this way, the next claims are going to have to be grotesque presumably...

Only my humble opinions,

Alex

Last edited:
:previous:
Thank you Alex for putting this so clearly, especially for those members who perhaps didn't have an "old-fashioned" upper class English upbringing.
A very true account and I recommend its careful reading.
Life in Britain at the time when Sarah was born into a privileged class was exactly as you have described.
One friend of mine,an only child, whose parents were not abroad but living comfortably in Hampshire, had her placed in a boarding school from the age of 6 years, she was quite often left to spend holidays and school breaks with teachers at the school while her classmates went off happily to their parents, ponies and homes as Sarah did.
I also know that if Oprah offered to interview her and pay her the money Sarah is getting to tell the world how she was ill treated by her parents she would refuse because she just accepted what happened as part of her growing up, and did not consider this as being abused, although perhaps as far as love is concerned it was her nanny that received this unreservedly although she was still very fond of her parents and respected them.

Excerpted from Diarist: "...I am sure that if Sarah had been badly abused by her mother, she would have 'kept her distance' from Senora Barrantes. During a form of 'gap year' that Sarah took between stages of her education, she and a friend dashed out to South America to visit Senora Barrantes - I would have kept my distance. Why visit an abusing mother - it does not ring true in my humble opinon."

In many instances, an abused/neglected child grows up in a traumatized state --- often not recognized by the grown-up child. The worse the parental treatment, the more the grown-up child tries to please the parent. It's not only soldiers returning from war trauma who have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Why on Earth was Senora Barrantes taking money from her daughter at that point?:whistling:

Sarah's a better person than me, because I wouldn't give the woman who walked on me at 13 to shack up with her new love halfway across the world a dime.

Sarah's generosity is both one of her best and her worst qualities,imo.

Ingrid Seward is no Fergie fan, she is a firm member of Prince Charles' set and consistently takes the side of the Establishment. She did the same thing when Diana was alive.

I do not believe Sarah was lying about child abuse growing up..BUT I do believe that she is embellishing her stock stories to create buzz around her new TV series...and I think it's appalling. :sad:

BTW...KittyAtlanta has described my feelings about adults who have grown up with abuse and their later attitudes about their abusers to a TEE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom