The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
'Kate Middleton would have been daughter Princess Diana longed for' Fergie tells Piers Morgan | Mail Online

Fergie needs to SHUT THE UP! Doesn't she realize that every time she does an interview and mentions Diana or William and Catherine, it's the same as when she got caught on video trading access to Andrew for cash??? Because she is getting paid for these interviews! And these media outlets, whether it's Oprah or Piers Morgan or the New York Times, are only interviewing her to get her opinion on Diana, Kate or the royal wedding!
I've just read the piece, and I can't see a single thing wrong with what she said. It's all totally positive and respectful and uncontroversial.

Yes, of course it's true that interviewers all want to speak to her about Diana, or about William and Catherine - that's perfectly natural. And of course she's paid for the interview. She needs to earn a living after all.

If she was giving out private details, or badmouthing the people in question, that would be different. But she's simply giving an opinion in a positive, respectful way. If one of the many "royal commentators" that pop up on TV were to say something similar, no one would bat an eyelid. So why can't Sarah express an opinion about Diana and Catherine?

http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
I've just read the piece, and I can't see a single thing wrong with what she said. It's all totally positive and respectful and uncontroversial.

Yes, of course it's true that interviewers all want to speak to her about Diana, or about William and Catherine - that's perfectly natural. And of course she's paid for the interview. She needs to earn a living after all.

It's a perception problem.
People see this as Sarah cashing in- again- at the expense of the BRF.
A family she no longer even belongs to.

Of course it would be better for her to simply say nothing, but her former connection is all she has to sell.
But selling out this way won't make her popular with either the public or the BRF.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

Sarah is simply answering the questions put to her about Diana, William and Catherine. I have to admit, I like the way she's come off so far, trying to get her act together after the cash for access scandal last year. She is a public figure, she is former royalty, and we Americans love it.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
'Kate Middleton would have been daughter Princess Diana longed for' Fergie tells Piers Morgan | Mail Online

Fergie needs to SHUT THE UP! Doesn't she realize that every time she does an interview and mentions Diana or William and Catherine, it's the same as when she got caught on video trading access to Andrew for cash??? Because she is getting paid for these interviews! And these media outlets, whether it's Oprah or Piers Morgan or the New York Times, are only interviewing her to get her opinion on Diana, Kate or the royal wedding!
I am sorry Duchessmary...this particular American doesn't "love it" at all.

I really wish she would stop giving interviews where she throws Diana's name around and assumes she knows what the late Princess's thoughts would have been on any given subject.

Either Sarah is seriously not very bright, or she is deliberately trying to upset people.

Either way, it's very troubling...I am very embarrassed for her and for her children.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
Just a question? If Prince. Andrew would remarry Sarah wouldn't that Squash all of this -TV shows, etc. As an HRH again wouldn't she be barred from this confession for profit work? Also every chance she gets she states she regrets her divorce. Andrew is letting her stay with him so he must still care.

Maybe it's just me but I seem to think she has exaggerated Andrew's "undying love" for her in her mind. I think he has helped her for the sake of his children & trying to keep a lid on a hot mess no more no less. Even though Andrew may not have remarried & a lot of divorced men his age with his kind money & having grown children may not want to remarry. He may not want to run risk of starting a second family at 51 especially if he meets someone who may want & can still have children. He has surely had his share of women & I personally don't think he is living like a monk & surely Sarah is not his only option and he may not even look at her as an option. Maybe he just knows the art of keeping people out of his business which is something Sarah truly never learned. Although Andrew still is handsome you can look at photos of him and clearly see that being the " safety net" has aged him. Although she cheated on him, publicaly embarassed him & tried to sell him and then to listen to her last night calling him her man, her true love & her best friend was strange. She was asked did he ever get angry with her after the scandal last year. She said he was not ever angry with her. I do not buy that when you add up all the stupid things she has done to him & his family the human side of Andrew never gets angry? If that is the case then Andrew needs to be nominated for sainthood imo. It almost like she was saying I can walk over him he will just accept it because " He Loves Me". Call me " Doubting Thomasina" if you want but I am just not buying the story she is currently peddling especially the part where she said she asked Andrew if she should go and talk to Oprah and he told her yes you should do that. Maybe it's me again but I think HM would have something to say about that and I don't think her answer would be " Andrew why don't you tell Sarah to go sit down with Oprah". Something ain't right here
Old 06-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What stories will Sarah tell next? To find out, tune in to CNN tonight (June 09, 2011) at 9 pm EST to see her with Piers Morgan.

If anything, with all these interviews that Sarah is doing to promote her docu-series and book, Oprah is sure getting her share of publicity and advertising for her OWN network. Out of the two women, I bet my last doughnut that it'll be Oprah that comes out ahead.

Does Sarah have a PR agent or manager?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Does anyone think Sarah is simply biding her time until Charles is King so that she can re-marry Prince Andrew? All of this gushing about the BRF comes off more like sucking up. She hasn't moved on and says she has no interest in re-marrying someone else. She's utterly and stupidly devoted to the man she divorced. I dunno... but her claims that she doesn't want to re-marry him ring false. Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
Does anyone think Sarah is simply biding her time until Charles is King so that she can re-marry Prince Andrew? All of this gushing about the BRF comes off more like sucking up. She hasn't moved on and says she has no interest in re-marrying someone else. She's utterly and stupidly devoted to the man she divorced. I dunno... but her claims that she doesn't want to re-marry him ring false. Thoughts?

BINGO!!! My thoughts exactly. I think she is doing everything she can to position herself for remarriage to Andrew. Afterall, it's her one real opportunity to have some semblance of a secure future. Of course we will have to wait and see. Andrew may not like the idea but I think she is really putting the pressure on him..... and publically, no less.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
Maybe it's just me but I seem to think she has exaggerated Andrew's undying " love" for her in her mind. I think he has helped her for the sake of his children & trying to keep a lid on a hot mess no more no less. Even though Andrew may not have remarried & a lot of divorced men his age with his kind money & having grown children may not want to remarry. He may not want to run risk of starting a second family at 51 especially if he meets someone who may want & can still have children. He has surely had his share of women & I personally don't think he is living like a monk & surely Sarah is not his only option and he may not even look at her as an option. Maybe he just knows the art of keeping people out of his business which is something Sarah truly never learned. Although Andrew still is handsome you can look at photos of him and clearly see that being the " safety net" has aged him. Although she cheated on him, publicaly embarassed him & tried to sell him and then to listen to her last night calling him her man, her true love & her best friend was strange. She was asked did he ever get angry with her after the scandal last year. She said he was not ever angry with her. I do not buy that when you add up all the stupid things she has done to him & his family the human side of Andrew never gets angry If that is the case then Andrew needs to be nominated for sainthood imo. It almost like she was saying I can walk over him he will just accept it because " He Love Me". Call me " Doubting Thomasina" if you want but I am just not buying the story she is currently peddling especially the part where she said she asked Andrew if she should go and talk to Oprah and he told yes you should do that. Maybe it's me but I think HM would have something to say about that and I don't think her answer would be " Andrew why don't you tell Sarah to go sit down with Oprah". Something ain't right here
Completely agree. About the part I bolded, can you imagine if the genders were switched, how much grief that woman would take?
Old 06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
BINGO!!! My thoughts exactly. I think she is doing everything she can to position herself for remarriage to Andrew. Afterall, it's her one real opportunity to have some semblance of a secure future. Of course we will have to wait and see. Andrew may not like the idea but I think she is really putting the pressure on him..... and publically, no less.
Her only chance for that happening is if Prince Philip does before the queen and the queen outlives her husband for some time. Because I think the queen would eventually allow Andrew to remarry Sarah but not Philip and Charles. And of course this would mean that the Yorks retire completely from the public scene, for I don't see a British government allowing Sarah to represent Britain abroad as Andrew's wife.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Completely agree. About the part I bolded, can you imagine if the genders were switched, how much grief that woman would take?

Exactly. Not accusing anyone of or suggesting anything but if Andrew was the one who did all this to Sarah people would be saying he was emotionally abusive to her and we all know it. I know I am gonna get my beatdown on the board for having the nerves to say it. Hide me !LOL!!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE=Moonmaiden23;1265091]I am sorry Duchessmary...this particular American doesn't "love it" at all.

Thank you Moonmaiden...my feelings exactly!!!!

I am a former supporter of Sarah (I posted a lengthy response about this last year in the "Cash for Access" thread, post #233) and I have not watched a single interview or anything else on television that includes her ever since - the only information I have about these interviews are from printed news articles and this forum.

I would however watch an interview in which the questions asked are about Sarah and only Sarah. In the very unlikely (if not impossible) event that this should happen, I do not believe Sarah would allow it. She would find some way to bring the most popular people she knows, both dead and alive, into the conversation because that deflects all the attention away from the subject at hand – her self-imposed post-royal life of scandal.

I have often wondered what Sarah would do if just one interviewer had the courage to say to her, for example, "thank you for that bit of information about Kate, but since I did not ask about Kate and it is very likely that you have never actually met her, please try to stick to the subject at hand". I am absolutely convinced that if only one interviewer had the courage to just focus on Sarah during an interview, then the world would finally have a chance to see how much of what she has peddled during the last 15 years is really true.

In regards to the whole love thing with Andrew, I just have to say that this man will never be king, but he will always be of royal blood and he will always have money. Unlike Prince Charles and his sons, Andrew poses no constitutional threat to the monarchy or the Commonwealth because he is so far down the line of succession. And if William and Harry have children, he will be even further down the line. With this in mind, if he truly loved Sarah, he would have already taken the same stance as Prince Charles did with Camilla and say that Sarah is non-negotiable. There would be nothing stopping him from talking to the Queen and saying to her, I am going to be with her, so if that means I lose the title or my place in line to the throne, or whatever, then I lose it. If it has not happened in the past 15 years I do not think it ever will. Sarah needs to find a way to deal with it.

Whether they want to admit it or not, the ones who are truly being hurt publically and I am sure privately are Beatrice and Eugenie. Every time I look at these two young women who are trying to do right by the Queen and the BRF and trying to better themselves with education and work experience, all I can think of is how much harder they have to work not because they are royal, but because their mother makes the entire York clan look silly. These ladies did not cause any of their mother's scandals, but every time Sarah mentions their support of her in an interview in which one or her many scandals are discussed, they immediately become part of the scandal - I am not saying that they should not support their own mother, however, Sarah makes it sound as if they support me because my daughters and I know that I did not do anything wrong, and the rest of the world is too stupid to realize it. Beatrice and Eugenie are not given a chance to respond to their mothers comments and probably would not if they could. They just have to muddle through and clean-up the messes their mother has and will continue to make. I do not like to hear of any family splitting up, but I wonder how many scandals will occur before one or both say enough is enough. If that day ever comes, that will be Sarah's final bow.

Just my teeny tiny two cents worth!!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Karen View Post
In regards to the whole love thing with Andrew, I just have to say that this man will never be king, but he will always be of royal blood and he will always have money. Unlike Prince Charles and his sons, Andrew poses no constitutional threat to the monarchy or the Commonwealth because he is so far down the line of succession.

That's just the thing; is he that far away?
He's much younger than Charles and he may outlive him.

What will happen if, God forbid, something should happen to William before he has children?

Who would succeed, Harry or Andrew? I don't mean to offend anyone, but under these circumstances Harry might be forced to take a DNA test, and what if???

I really don't think we can say Andrew is far down the line of succession until William has an heir!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm pretty sure Harry would succeed, if he has no developed imparement.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I'm pretty sure Harry would succeed, if he has no developed imparement.

Hopefully it will never be an issue, and William will thrive for many many years!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Actually the segment concerning Diana, the wedding and William and Kate was just a small section of an hour long interview.. or should I say shovel=it-on-kneehigh spewing of words. It seemed that no matter who Sarah was talking about, it seemed to me that they were the best thing since sliced bread in her opinion from Andrew to the American public. She's made it out that Andrew is nothing less than the second coming and that they have a "modern fairy tale" and alludes to still being very much in love with him Her mother and father were simply wonderful and it seems that we Americans don't understand how British raised their kids. Diana and her were "sister" and the Cash for Access sting was something she still can't look at and how it was edited to delete and add things. Ahhh... if I didn't know better, I'd have said that Sarah had taken a huge dose of whatever it it is that gives one a rose-colored glasses outlook on events in her life.

She does seem to be on top of the world right now and from what she said last night, isn't going to be stepping out of the limelight any time soon.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Has anyone actually survived a whole hour of a Fergie broadcast ?

:-))
Old 06-10-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
Some people may find the notion of “public therapy” disagreeable, but there may well be a sense in which this could be genuinely beneficial and cathartic to her – to get all this out in the open.
Agreed. But the bitter and quite unseemly irony of this dislike for "public therapy" (disregarding the fact that she might genuinely need it) is that all those people who enjoy spitting venom against her (check the comments section of any newspaper these days) obviously are blind to the fact that THEY are indulging in a VERY public form of "therapy", of the basest and most unproductive kind, at the expense of another human being who, on top of everything, is exposed to the eyes of the world - while they are sitting behind their computer screens.

I do not understand this lack of "forgiveness" towards her (I have put the term in quotation marks because there is nothing for anyone unrelated to her TO forgive). She not Myra Hindley, for heaven's sake!

I feel I should add that I am no fan of Sarah; I don't even like her much... or at all (for strictly personal reasons).
But I'd rather be dead than ever to fall prey to such total and callous lack of basic human empathy.

Thank you. I have spoken. :)
Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Printemps you sound like a lovely person and I understand where you are coming from.

Many of us...at least I do...have some compassion for Sarah. But I think the way that she is indulging in her own personal "journey" with no seeming regard to the people she claims to love most..and respect most...is troubling at best and vile at worst.

I don't wish her any ill. Quite the opposite...I rooted for her and Andrew for YEARS and even now a small and foolish and romantic part of me wants them to reconcile.

But not like this.

ETA: LadyKaren...I commend you on a brilliant post..one of the most honest and insightful I have read on this Sarah issue.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, she is cashing in. They all do. They go to the Middleeast and carry away millions in jewels, from people who may harm their citizens and flaunt it about. Who would hire any of them to do anything, if they weren't "royal"?

Closed Thread