The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Because past behaviour is frequently indicative of future behaviour, and with Sarah we have learned there usually is an agenda.....getting her name back in the news.
Hmm. Possibly.Who knows in a couple of weeks Sarah would be on Oprah or some other reality show dabbing with a tissue about how nice person Thatcher was and how close they were..
And the introductory note would be:

"Duchess Sarah Ferguson was a close friend and confidant of Magaret Thatcher (with that "pic" in background). She was very moved by the latter's death and insisted on paying personal tributes to her. Unfortunately she is still ostracized by RF so could not attend her funeral. But that doesnt prevent her from sharing fond memories of The Iron Lady"..

Old 04-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, her statement on Margaret's passing wasn't it. She simply did what a lot of people are doing, releasing their statement and memories of Margaret Thatcher.

Sarah is going to be in the news no matter what. If she's giving an interview about her charity work, attending an event or even with the girls. It's going to make the news. The British royals can't escape the media, divorced or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Hmm. Possibly.Who knows in a couple of weeks Sarah would be on Oprah or some other reality show dabbing with a tissue about how nice person Thatcher was and how close they were..
And the introductory note would be:

"Duchess Sarah Ferguson was a close friend and confidant of Magaret Thatcher (with that "pic" in background). She was very moved by the latter's death and insisted on paying personal tributes to her. Unfortunately she is still ostracized by RF so could not attend her funeral. But that doesnt prevent her from sharing fond memories of The Iron Lady"..
Lol, I don't think that will happen.

Old 04-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Administrator

On April 11 Sarah attended Ronnie Wood's art exhibition held at Castle Fine Art in Mayfair, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio gallery 1 ** zimbio gallery 2 **
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/9992128/Sarah-Duchess-of-York-is-invited-to-join-the-Queen-at-Margaret-Thatchers-funeral.html

Sarah has received an invitation to attend Margaret Thatcher's funeral.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
...which would seem to imply that Sarah DID have a relatively close relationship with MT, and that her comments were sincere, heartfelt and entitely appropriate!
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 04-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question to posters from the UK, but is anyone but the Thatcher family involved in drawing up the invitation list, the government?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question to posters from the UK, but is anyone but the Thatcher family involved in drawing up the invitation list, the government?
Family, government, and her staff. Invitees cover her political career; special interests; important events; people who worked for her personally; friends, world leaders, and family members. And Royalty.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
...which would seem to imply that Sarah DID have a relatively close relationship with MT, and that her comments were sincere, heartfelt and entitely appropriate!
It certainly does.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post

That is so true.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if Andrew will attend...and with whom would he sit?
Old 04-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I would imagine as this is going to be a ceremonial funeral with full military honors, what we're going to see is basically the order of precedence used at Will and Kate's wedding but with the left side of the aisle reserved for the family of Margaret Thatcher (and close friends) while on the right which ever members of the royal family attend, will be seated in said order. If Andrew does attend, he would be seated with the royal family. I imagine as always, the Queen and DoE will be the last to enter the church before the service starts

Sarah, who is no longer royal and most likely way down in any pecking order for seating, will be seated with other honored guests. This is why the original article about Sarah being invited made me chuckle as it insinuates that Sarah was invited to join the Queen for this.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

The only royals announced as attending are The Queen and Philip
Old 04-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Sarah is no longer an HRH, so she would not be listed as a royal attending.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Sarah certainly wasn't in the pecking order for seating. She was in the second row, right behind the family.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
He will sit next to his father..As simple as that.
At present (since the last 15 years) there is no Duchess of York, to sit next to The Duke of York.
His ex-wife will be let to sit next to him only at his daughters' weddings, I guess
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Sarah certainly wasn't in the pecking order for seating. She was in the second row, right behind the family.
I'm not quite sure what this means about the 'pecking order'. Surely sitting in the second row, right behind the family, is a favored position.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think you need to look again - she is in the second/third row on the family side. IF you want to consider "pecking order" (why?) then that's pretty good.

She was sitting beside Lord Bell, Baroness Thatcher's spokesman (person who broke the news of her death) and close friend.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
She was about as close to the top of the pecking order as you could get. She was sat directly behind Carol Thatcher and the Thatcher family. Clearly she's close to a family member, or sat in the wrong seat to get that close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
He will sit next to his father..As simple as that.
Actually, more than likely, if Andrew had attended, he would have sat behind his mother and father with previous PM's. Seeing as he wasn't there, the conversation is mute.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...82_470x663.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...57_470x423.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...60_470x423.jpg

No comment. I loved somebody's caption at DM "Sarah, this is a funeral, not a wedding"
Old 04-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Well I think it's a typical bitchy comment from the DM. I don't suppose that they wrote a similar comment to the picture of the Queen smiling and laughing with the Thatchers on the Steps of St Paul's ; or the smiles and laughing of other guests including senior politicians.

This is a form of bullying, just picking on one guest who's behaviour was in line with other guests.

Kicking Sarah should not be a hobby for a national newspaper or for anyone else for that matter.

Closed Thread