Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What stories will Sarah tell next? To find out, tune in to CNN tonight (June 09, 2011) at 9 pm EST to see her with Piers Morgan.

If anything, with all these interviews that Sarah is doing to promote her docu-series and book, Oprah is sure getting her share of publicity and advertising for her OWN network. Out of the two women, I bet my last doughnut that it'll be Oprah that comes out ahead.

Here's an additional picture gallery of Sarah shopping with her book in her hands ;)

Sarah, Duchess of York, shopping for clothes at the Tory Burch and Emmett McCarthy
boutiques on Elizabeth Street, New York, June 7.

** zimbio: Sarah Ferguson in New York City **

She seemed to have been followed by the media because quite some agencies have pictures of it. So IMHO it was just the right thing to do to go shopping, this time not with money in her hands and not emerging carrying huge shopping-bags but to promote her children's book this way.
Well done, Sarah! Noone says she must be the victim and money-maker of the media all the time - can as well use her "popularity" for promoting something innocent like a children's book.

I read that Sarah was in Thailand during the wedding to finish her OWN series and with her was Jane. Now, late winter, when it was brought up as to whether Sarah would be invited, Sarah's spokeswoman stated that Sarah didn't expect to be invited and would be out of the country at the time of the wedding anyway as she had business. Then, after the wedding she speaks about her flying to Thailand alone and either watching the wedding or having a friend call/text her about it and being devastated at not being invited. Now it emerges she was in Thailand wrapping up her series not only with her sister, but with the crew of Oprah's network. So Sarah wasn't all alone because she wanted to avoid the wedding she wasn't invited to and deal with her disappointment.
This is what happens with persons who feel the need to lie all the time, they have to keep inventing continual explanations/scenarios and many times forget what they told to whom in the long run...............

Thank you so much Katrianna; this is exactly how I had thought I remembered things. Here in the UK I am always careful about what I read in the papers - broadsheets are generally better than tabloids, but this is not a firm rule, only a guideline, and I tend to prefer primary sources anyway.

According to what I remembered, the whole issue of whether Sarah would been invited to the wedding was raised shortly after the engagement announcement, and as Katrianna says, the word was that the question of an invitation was actually irrelevant because Sarah 'was going to be abroad on business'. The issue then raised itself again shortly before the wedding (i.e. when the invitations had been sent out and the British began the 'who's going?' game; whereupon Sarah began what a journalist on 'The Times' called '[Sarah's] bleatings....' about the fact that she had not been invited and that she so wished to go etc....

Quite apart from the actual morality about lying, in my very humble opinion this 'turn' in the story could actually have an enormous impact on Sarah's credibility [or what little remains of this] particularly coming out at right now, when Sarah is coming under severe pressure as to the truth or otherwise of her allegations of parental neglect/abuse. Judging by what fellow forum members have said above, it appears that even Sarah' sister Jane is hinting that Sarah's recollections might have been .....imperfect. I very much respect fellow forum members' input on parental abuse and indeed that input from those members who suffered very much in their own childhoods [and my best wishes to you all; I applaud your courage in speaking out and I fervently hope that you can take comfort and move forward to great things]. Just suppose that Sarah is indeed being less than truthful - surely this will have an enormous impact on whether she is regarded as believable any more, and if the American and Canadian public feel that Sarah is 'taking them for a ride', will they still be willing to watch her on tv, turn up to her lectures and appearances and buy her books etc? This will surely be devastating to her current career, such as it is.

There's one thing that I want to make I very clear: I don't 'hate Sarah' at all and neither do I wish to be seen as a 'Sarah basher'; however from the way things seem to be moving at the moment, I would say that Sarah is making it very difficult for even her friends, allies and staunch supporters.

Only my opinions, and as usual, I don't wish to offend.
Alex

According to what I remembered, the whole issue of whether Sarah would been invited to the wedding was raised shortly after the engagement announcement, and as Katrianna says, the word was that the question of an invitation was actually irrelevant because Sarah 'was going to be abroad on business'. The issue then raised itself again shortly before the wedding (i.e. when the invitations had been sent out and the British began the 'who's going?' game; whereupon Sarah began what a journalist on 'The Times' called '[Sarah's] bleatings....' about the fact that she had not been invited and that she so wished to go etc....

That's how I remember it as well. We shouldn't forget that Beatrice and Eugenie surely knew about their mother's involvment and schedule of filming the docu and may have checked with William and Catherine if there was a chance they would invite their mother. I can't believe the York-sisters are neglecting their duty to their paternal family, so surely they made William and Catherine aware that Oprah would use public footage of their wedding in the series if Sarah turned up there. If they were aware of this. But even if they didn't think so far, William surely would have done so.

So probably Sarah knew directly after the engagement that no invitation was forthcoming. Still Oprah postponed the date for the docu to include "something" of the Royal Wedding. At least that's what I think.

Thus Sarah said she would be away on business anyway - that is: Thailand, probably chosen for the very comfortable and still spiritual way to experience the "jungle" as a contrast to the glamourous wedding in London.
A trip with the whole TV-team, of course.

Comes the wedding day: I bet all phonecalls to the girls and Andrew were filmed and will be shown, together with snippets of Andrew and the girls on their way to the wedding Wasn't there coverage of one of the York-sisters on a mobile during the drive to the Abbey? If so, we'll see it in Finding Sarah, I bet.

But with the whole way to use the Royal wedding for her own aims, I am convinced Sarah ruined her daughters chance of a Royal career. A career which IMHO has been planned by both Andrew and Sarah for a long time. They introduced their daughters slowly into the world of charities and TV (mostly Sarah) and trips as representatives of the UK (Andre took IIRC both daughters on different trips to foreign states). The naming of a new hospital wing after Princess Eugenie surely took some time in advance to organize and couldn't have been done without the okay by BP. So I guess there were plans to introduce the girls to "Royal work" but those were dropped in the last year. A coincidence? I don't think so.

I come to fear that if Finding Sarah is really as dramatized as is normal with reality docu soaps it will make the BRF really angry. And I wonder what will happen then. For I wonder who in fact payed Sarah's debts when her claims that she is debt-free are not lies again. And what she has to do to pay them back.

What stories will Sarah tell next? To find out, tune in to CNN tonight (June 09, 2011) at 9 pm EST to see her with Piers Morgan.

If anything, with all these interviews that Sarah is doing to promote her docu-series and book, Oprah is sure getting her share of publicity and advertising for her OWN network. Out of the two women, I bet my last doughnut that it'll be Oprah that comes out ahead.

Exactly Osipi, that's what worries me - I've never watched her shows but even here in England I recognise that Oprah is a very, very savvy businesswoman, a shrewd commercial operator. And let me say that there is nothing intrinsically wrong with that - it's not a crime. But let us take a hard - headed look at things - I am not saying that Oprah is in any way behaving unethically, but why has she engaged Sarah to make the sort of documentary that she has done, complete with this Dr Phil? At the end of the day, while I am sure that Oprah does not wish Sarah actual harm, surely the point is that this is good tv, not primarily an opportunity for Sarah to explore, with helpers and therapists etc and so 'find' herself.....

I see that someone has posted that Sarah has [only] received $300,000 or perhaps only $200,000 from Oprah; that's an enormous amout of money in my household, but to someone like Sarah with an appetite for luxury of the highest order, it's not going to last long, is it? Whilst I take the point that the Oprah exposure is also in effect a 'shop window' for Sarah to 'hang out her wares' i.e. her book 'Finding Sarah', her Children's books, her interviews (fees for these of course will be paid to Sarah I presume) to my mind her 'brand' is rapidly being tarnished yet again, and so I question whether Sarah can really 'revive things' and earn a huge amount of money, or whether 'Sarah fatigue' will be setting in...?

Just my views and, as ever, I don't mean to offend Sarah's fans.

Alex

When William's engagement was first announced, Sarah made a very gracious statement praising the couple. She also said she did not expect to be invited and that she understood why and was perfectly okay with it.

If only she had left it that way...classy and gracious. What changed??!!

BTW...at first I thought it was a little mean of William not to invite Sarah..he was after all a page at her wedding...but if there was even a CHANCE that footage of his wedding would be used in her tacky TV series I am so happy that his embarrassing auntie was snubbed.

Every family has it's black sheep, but Sarah is beyond the pale, imo.

Last edited:
Do you all think, if invited to the wedding, she would not be doing this series??

Mia mae...not only would she still be doing the series, she would be including footage in her stupid show. I firmly believe that.

The sad thing about this is that I doubt that Oprah cares very much about Sarah as a person or even likes her that much. If her series bombs, Sarah better enjoy her time with the wolves...

...........BTW...at first I thought it was a little mean of William not to invite Sarah..he was after all a page at her wedding...but if there was even a CHANCE that footage of his wedding would be used in her tacky TV series I am so happy that his embarrassing auntie was snubbed.

Every family has it's black sheep, but Sarah is beyond the pale, imo.

So triue Moonmaiden23; the thing is, Sarah just cannot stop getting involved in controversies; imagine for a moment that the Oprah documentary and all Sarah's latest interviews and tour dates and books hadn't been scheduled; the tragic fact is that - and I don't mean to come across as a Sarah-Basher here, some controversy would bound to have come to light and I think that the Royal Family could not take the risk of something happening that could have 'blighted' the wedding of William and Sarah. Suppose for example Sarah had gone to (say) Yves St Laurent for a £10000 couture outfit for the wedding [truthfully, this is a genuine couture price] and to Philip Treacy [Oh Help!!] for some sort of, er, creation to wear on her head, again at a Couture Cost. Add that to her £2000 Birkin Bag appearing as an accessory........before you know it, a front page story alongside the happy couple would have appeared ' Broke Duchess spends £15,000 on outfit for 1 hour whilst her creditors seethe at their shortfalls! [And you can't blame the tabloids, because as Fergie actively courts the media, she can't pick and choose what she wants them to say......]

NO, I don't like Sarah-bashing, but for whatever reason - 'misunderstood little Fergie' / 'parentally abused Fergie' or even [if this is the case - and we don't know for sure yet whether it is ['devious, manipulative Fergie', Sarah Duchess of York is a loose cannon and the Royal Family simply could not take the risk...

Just my opinions and I don't mean to offend,

Alex

As I watch the process Sarah is going through over the past year since the "Cash for Access" sting, I keep thinking of the adage "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

After watching the initial Oprah interview, I could see where Oprah thought it might be good television to pursue this sob story that is Sarah's life right now along with presenting some pretty big names telling Sarah what she needs to do. Sarah, herself, probably sees it as a way of using her travails and seeking solutions along with helping out the millions of people that will be watching and then buying her book. The good intentions are there but its been obvious from the media and the public's reactions so far that all is not going according to those intentions.

The sad thing is that when all is said and done, Sarah will be looked at even more as a laughingstock that doesn't have a clue how to handle her life responsibly. Her light and popularity as a former Duchess of York is diminishing to a dying ember and fanned only by negativity. Millions will not be caring to watch her docu-series let alone buy the book. As its been stated, OWN network itself hasn't soared off the charts in the television market either.

Right now Sarah is on top of it all. Interviews up the wazoo promoting her big TV break. The money is coming in and all is well with the world. This is so fleeting though. The public has a very short attention span and within a month or so, Sarah will once again relegated to a blip in a tabloid shopping or pictured with her daughters. She could discover a cure for cancer in the next 6 months but what will be presented about her will always carry the negativity of her behavior and questions about her credibility. If Oprah's OWN network fails, Oprah can shrug it off as a loss and go forward in life. Sarah won't have that option and will soon be looking for her next "venture" believing that "Brand Sarah" is of interest to the public.

Sad... very sad.

As I watch the process Sarah is going through over the past year since the "Cash for Access" sting, I keep thinking of the adage "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

After watching the initial Oprah interview, I could see where Oprah thought it might be good television to pursue this sob story that is Sarah's life right now along with presenting some pretty big names telling Sarah what she needs to do. Sarah, herself, probably sees it as a way of using her travails and seeking solutions along with helping out the millions of people that will be watching and then buying her book. The good intentions are there but its been obvious from the media and the public's reactions so far that all is not going according to those intentions.

The sad thing is that when all is said and done, Sarah will be looked at even more as a laughingstock that doesn't have a clue how to handle her life responsibly. Her light and popularity as a former Duchess of York is diminishing to a dying ember and fanned only by negativity. Millions will not be caring to watch her docu-series let alone buy the book. As its been stated, OWN network itself hasn't soared off the charts in the television market either.

Right now Sarah is on top of it all. Interviews up the wazoo promoting her big TV break. The money is coming in and all is well with the world. This is so fleeting though. The public has a very short attention span and within a month or so, Sarah will once again relegated to a blip in a tabloid shopping or pictured with her daughters. She could discover a cure for cancer in the next 6 months but what will be presented about her will always carry the negativity of her behavior and questions about her credibility. If Oprah's OWN network fails, Oprah can shrug it off as a loss and go forward in life. Sarah won't have that option and will soon be looking for her next "venture" believing that "Brand Sarah" is of interest to the public.

Sad... very sad.

I missed the show when she was on the view so I watched it on line. The view has something on the website called viewtube. That's when the show's producer Bill Getty Interviews guest while the are getting ready to go on. He was interviewing Sarah and she said three things that made me cringe. 1. He asked her if she would like to be a guest co-host on the view this summer for maybe 2 days? She jumped at that and said yes. 2. Then Sarah said she wants to live here i.e. NYC. 3. Then Bill Getty asked her if she would like to have her own talk show? She all but jumped out of the makeup chair to say yes she wanted her own show. She said to Bill " But you have to ask Oprah first". So there is her motive but do to her constant over reaching she will ruin it again. :bang:

Oprah wouldn't be doing this if she couldn't make money or get something out of this. It's sad really. Oprah's "help" is really just picking over Sarah's carcus, profiting from Sarah's troubles/problems. It makes me ill.

Other than scandal mongering what "help" would all these personal stories accomplish? After all, Sarah can't help herself, how could she possibly help anyone else. She is NO role model for anything.

How is the Children's book selling?
I was unable to find any reviews of it, but it sounds like a plot that's been used before, many times.
I don't see it doing as well as the Budgie books.
(Also, her co-writer will undoubtedly get a large share of the profits.)

Just a question? If Prince. Andrew would remarry Sarah wouldn't that Squash all of this -TV shows, etc. As an HRH again wouldn't she be barred from this confession for profit work? Also every chance she gets she states she regrets her divorce. Andrew is letting her stay with him so he must still care.

Just a question? If Prince. Andrew would remarry Sarah wouldn't that Squash all of this -TV shows, etc. As an HRH again wouldn't she be barred from this confession for profit work? Also every chance she gets she states she regrets her divorce. Andrew is letting her stay with him so he must still care.

She's signed a contract, Oprah could bring her to court over it though it'd probably be worked out with a nice cash settlement. Oprah would probably ask for some kind of exclusive interview, might even get it depending on the parameters but Sarah couldn't simply walk away.

Agreed. But I meant future cash interviews and other such endeavors. I don't think this will stop with Oprah

Last edited:
Other than scandal mongering what "help" would all these personal stories accomplish? After all, Sarah can't help herself, how could she possibly help anyone else. She is NO role model for anything.

Well, she seems to like cheap cabbage.... At least that's what she was saying when she did this "help"-docu for the poor at Hull. I always wondered what that was....:bang::bang:

'Kate Middleton would have been daughter Princess Diana longed for' Fergie tells Piers Morgan | Mail Online

Fergie needs to SHUT THE :doh:UP! Doesn't she realize that every time she does an interview and mentions Diana or William and Catherine, it's the same as when she got caught on video trading access to Andrew for cash??? Because she is getting paid for these interviews! And these media outlets, whether it's Oprah or Piers Morgan or the New York Times, are only interviewing her to get her opinion on Diana, Kate or the royal wedding!

'Kate Middleton would have been daughter Princess Diana longed for' Fergie tells Piers Morgan | Mail Online

Fergie needs to SHUT THE :doh:UP! Doesn't she realize that every time she does an interview and mentions Diana or William and Catherine, it's the same as when she got caught on video trading access to Andrew for cash??? Because she is getting paid for these interviews! And these media outlets, whether it's Oprah or Piers Morgan or the New York Times, are only interviewing her to get her opinion on Diana, Kate or the royal wedding!

I've just read the piece, and I can't see a single thing wrong with what she said. It's all totally positive and respectful and uncontroversial.

Yes, of course it's true that interviewers all want to speak to her about Diana, or about William and Catherine - that's perfectly natural. And of course she's paid for the interview. She needs to earn a living after all.

If she was giving out private details, or badmouthing the people in question, that would be different. But she's simply giving an opinion in a positive, respectful way. If one of the many "royal commentators" that pop up on TV were to say something similar, no one would bat an eyelid. So why can't Sarah express an opinion about Diana and Catherine?

I've just read the piece, and I can't see a single thing wrong with what she said. It's all totally positive and respectful and uncontroversial.

Yes, of course it's true that interviewers all want to speak to her about Diana, or about William and Catherine - that's perfectly natural. And of course she's paid for the interview. She needs to earn a living after all.

It's a perception problem.
People see this as Sarah cashing in- again- at the expense of the BRF.
A family she no longer even belongs to.

Of course it would be better for her to simply say nothing, but her former connection is all she has to sell.
But selling out this way won't make her popular with either the public or the BRF.

Sarah is simply answering the questions put to her about Diana, William and Catherine. I have to admit, I like the way she's come off so far, trying to get her act together after the cash for access scandal last year. She is a public figure, she is former royalty, and we Americans love it. :)

I am sorry Duchessmary...this particular American doesn't "love it" at all.

I really wish she would stop giving interviews where she throws Diana's name around and assumes she knows what the late Princess's thoughts would have been on any given subject.

Either Sarah is seriously not very bright, or she is deliberately trying to upset people.

Either way, it's very troubling...I am very embarrassed for her and for her children.

Last edited:

Maybe it's just me but I seem to think she has exaggerated Andrew's "undying love" for her in her mind. I think he has helped her for the sake of his children & trying to keep a lid on a hot mess no more no less. Even though Andrew may not have remarried & a lot of divorced men his age with his kind money & having grown children may not want to remarry. He may not want to run risk of starting a second family at 51 especially if he meets someone who may want & can still have children. He has surely had his share of women & I personally don't think he is living like a monk & surely Sarah is not his only option and he may not even look at her as an option. Maybe he just knows the art of keeping people out of his business which is something Sarah truly never learned. Although Andrew still is handsome you can look at photos of him and clearly see that being the " safety net" has aged him. Although she cheated on him, publicaly embarassed him & tried to sell him and then to listen to her last night calling him her man, her true love & her best friend was strange. She was asked did he ever get angry with her after the scandal last year. She said he was not ever angry with her. I do not buy that when you add up all the stupid things she has done to him & his family the human side of Andrew never gets angry?:ermm: If that is the case then Andrew needs to be nominated for sainthood imo. It almost like she was saying I can walk over him he will just accept it because " He Loves Me". Call me " Doubting Thomasina" if you want but I am just not buying the story she is currently peddling especially the part where she said she asked Andrew if she should go and talk to Oprah and he told her yes you should do that. Maybe it's me again but I think HM would have something to say about that and I don't think her answer would be " Andrew why don't you tell Sarah to go sit down with Oprah". Something ain't right here:confused:

Last edited:

Does Sarah have a PR agent or manager?

Does anyone think Sarah is simply biding her time until Charles is King so that she can re-marry Prince Andrew? All of this gushing about the BRF comes off more like sucking up. She hasn't moved on and says she has no interest in re-marrying someone else. She's utterly and stupidly devoted to the man she divorced. I dunno... but her claims that she doesn't want to re-marry him ring false. Thoughts?

Does anyone think Sarah is simply biding her time until Charles is King so that she can re-marry Prince Andrew? All of this gushing about the BRF comes off more like sucking up. She hasn't moved on and says she has no interest in re-marrying someone else. She's utterly and stupidly devoted to the man she divorced. I dunno... but her claims that she doesn't want to re-marry him ring false. Thoughts?

BINGO!!! My thoughts exactly. I think she is doing everything she can to position herself for remarriage to Andrew. Afterall, it's her one real opportunity to have some semblance of a secure future. Of course we will have to wait and see. Andrew may not like the idea :lol: but I think she is really putting the pressure on him..... and publically, no less.

Maybe it's just me but I seem to think she has exaggerated Andrew's undying " love" for her in her mind. I think he has helped her for the sake of his children & trying to keep a lid on a hot mess no more no less. Even though Andrew may not have remarried & a lot of divorced men his age with his kind money & having grown children may not want to remarry. He may not want to run risk of starting a second family at 51 especially if he meets someone who may want & can still have children. He has surely had his share of women & I personally don't think he is living like a monk & surely Sarah is not his only option and he may not even look at her as an option. Maybe he just knows the art of keeping people out of his business which is something Sarah truly never learned. Although Andrew still is handsome you can look at photos of him and clearly see that being the " safety net" has aged him. Although she cheated on him, publicaly embarassed him & tried to sell him and then to listen to her last night calling him her man, her true love & her best friend was strange. She was asked did he ever get angry with her after the scandal last year. She said he was not ever angry with her. I do not buy that when you add up all the stupid things she has done to him & his family the human side of Andrew never gets angry:ermm: If that is the case then Andrew needs to be nominated for sainthood imo. It almost like she was saying I can walk over him he will just accept it because " He Love Me". Call me " Doubting Thomasina" if you want but I am just not buying the story she is currently peddling especially the part where she said she asked Andrew if she should go and talk to Oprah and he told yes you should do that. Maybe it's me but I think HM would have something to say about that and I don't think her answer would be " Andrew why don't you tell Sarah to go sit down with Oprah". Something ain't right here:confused:

Completely agree. About the part I bolded, can you imagine if the genders were switched, how much grief that woman would take?

BINGO!!! My thoughts exactly. I think she is doing everything she can to position herself for remarriage to Andrew. Afterall, it's her one real opportunity to have some semblance of a secure future. Of course we will have to wait and see. Andrew may not like the idea :lol: but I think she is really putting the pressure on him..... and publically, no less.

Her only chance for that happening is if Prince Philip does before the queen and the queen outlives her husband for some time. Because I think the queen would eventually allow Andrew to remarry Sarah but not Philip and Charles. And of course this would mean that the Yorks retire completely from the public scene, for I don't see a British government allowing Sarah to represent Britain abroad as Andrew's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom