The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Here's a video of her appearance at the Today Show on September 13:

** video.today.msnbc.msn.com: Sarah Ferguson to daughters: Don’t be grumpy princesses **

And some pics of her arriving for the show:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/PacificCoastNews.com gallery **

Old 09-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Courtier

And here's a video of her speaking w/ access hollywood:
Sarah Ferguson Defends Kate Middleton & Prince Harry Over Recent Nude Photo Scandals

I found her changing the subjection from Harry to how great her girls are to be a bit awkward.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Courtier

I found that awkward too. Sarah hasn't even met Kate I don't think the interviewers know this she talks like she is still in the fold. Which she isn't. I don't think Sarah looks very good her makeup was bad and her hair awful. That dress was not flattering on her either she just doesn't have the body or arms to get away with it. Not so sure Fergie is the one to give advice to her daughters on how to handle the press she hasn't exactly done well out of it.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently "no comment" is not part of her vocabulary but to be honest if she wasn't willing to talk about the BRF the media would have no interest in talking to her at all. She has nothing else to offer and she knows it.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

She was promoting her book, "Ballerina Rosie".
Old 09-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

I find Sarah sad. She's that everywoman but for a bad choice here and there who would have had a very nice, happy life and she knows it. She is intelligent enough to see the almost inevitable progression from bad choice to worse choice and so on but has too few trained executive functions to figure the right path.

I think she would do anything to repair her public image, if for no other reason than I believe she loves her daughters deeply. Problem is, she just does not know how. That is a sad state for any human, one guesses - to want to be better and not know how. Eventually all your bad choices rob you of your confidence in making new choices, good or bad, and you start letting events and actions pick you, so to speak. She has that passenger on a train wreck who didn't pay attention to the emergency information look.

Poor woman.

I never have any bad feelings towards Sarah, even with that pathetic money for access thing. I mean, there she is, on tape, taking a briefcase full of money in exchange for getting Andrew to meet with someone and she is saying, in all earnestness, something to the effect that this should not be seen as a reflection on Andrew. At one point she even utters the phrase "...he is lily white. Pure. You understand? " in the most sincere of all tones. And I think she was ... sincere. She really thought she could divorce his character from her actions. That's sad. And it makes you realize how desperate she must have been.

I don't know ... some examples of bad judgement (Diana's Panorama interview, as an example) have clear "bad motives" - that is to say, a motive to cause harm. Sarah's always seem innocent in this regard. I don't think she *meant* to harm Andrew or the BRF. Which is not to say her intentions were good - clearly they were not - but I don't think they were evil or deliberately destructive.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I try not to judge Sarah because we all have our own journey in life. Everybody's journey is different and unique in it's own way.

I think despite the problems Sarah has faced, I never doubt her love for her daughters and the guy that has stood by her through it all, Andrew. I applaud the Yorks for not allowing their personal problems and the world's tabloids to tear their family apart. They have remained a very loving and close family despite everything and I think many members of the royal family even find that enduring and touching.

I'm planning to buy "Ballerina Rosie" for my young niece.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Sarah seems somewhat guileless. At times, I think that she thinks she's being shrewd (such as in the video where's she's setting up the access to Andrew), but she never quite pulls it off.

OTOH Diana had gotten away with machinations for a few years (there wasn't any real proof she had cooperated with Morton until he admitted so after her death), but she over-reached with Panorama.

As troubled as Sarah has been, she hasn't yet fallen from the same kind of heights. The Queen didn't order her and Andrew to divorce, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine J View Post
I don't know ... some examples of bad judgement (Diana's Panorama interview, as an example) have clear "bad motives" - that is to say, a motive to cause harm. Sarah's always seem innocent in this regard. I don't think she *meant* to harm Andrew or the BRF. Which is not to say her intentions were good - clearly they were not - but I don't think they were evil or deliberately destructive.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I found that awkward too. Sarah hasn't even met Kate I don't think the interviewers know this she talks like she is still in the fold. Which she isn't. I don't think Sarah looks very good her makeup was bad and her hair awful. That dress was not flattering on her either she just doesn't have the body or arms to get away with it. Not so sure Fergie is the one to give advice to her daughters on how to handle the press she hasn't exactly done well out of it.
I think what Sarah said was okay. She was giving her opinion on the privacy issue raised by the photographs. She's obviously had a lot of experience in this area. Her daughters and others would be foolish not to learn from her mistakes, although I wouldn't take public relations advice from her.

Her discussion did not reveal any inside information about the royal family. She's no longer a member, but she is still very close to the royal family. For example, she probably knows, but didn't discuss the Queen's "real" feelings or repeat any inside conversations about the photos.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
For example, she probably knows, but didn't discuss the Queen's "real" feelings or repeat any inside conversations about the photos.
Kind of doubt that one.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Kind of doubt that one.
I bet she would. Andrew would probably mention it.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
I bet she would. Andrew would probably mention it.
I doubt this.

She may be "Mummy", but she is also the Queen. And I am guessing that Andrew is careful about these things, if for no other reason than he knows Sarah can't be relied upon to be discreet.

One suspects the Queen is circumspect in these matters of opinion, even within her family.

I do not, as a mother, tend to discuss my feelings towards one child's behaviour to the other - especially if they are at all negative or contentious. We might just be a weird family, tho :)
Old 10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Gentry

oh i love her in that interview and don't find it a bit awkward. she only speaks positively about everybody, seems to be a really good mother and speaks from a perspective that can win understanding from outsiders now. good one, not revealing a bit too much. i just thought some word else than "my ex" would have been a bit more respectful as other members even speak about each other using titles
Old 10-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I too enjoyed Sarah's interview with Pierce Morgan. Her interview was very positive and I think she had the right tone when she talked a little about what happened to Catherine. I think she knows the royal family is behind Catherine and was upset about the situation.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Sarah has signed copies of her new children's book 'Ballerina Rosie' at Barnes & Noble at the Americana at Brand in Los Angeles, California on October 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

No rings ?? forgotten at home or in her safe
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
She was promoting her book, "Ballerina Rosie".

Is that book selling very well?

( Kirkus Reviews didn't think much of it and said people should skip it).
Still, sometimes quite awful books make lots of money.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
No rings ?? forgotten at home or in her safe
I'm wondering why you mention this. Does the absence of rings on Sarah's fingers have some significance?

I think the interview was fine. She didn't say anything inappropriate, and she was very supportive of Kate. Sarah knows only too well how intrusive the photographers can be. She might not be a member of the Royal Family any longer, but she once was and her daughters still are and she's also on excellent terms with her former husband, so I'm sure she still gets some inside info. For example, I'm sure Beatrice and Eugenie tell her all about events they attend.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks happy, I like her smile and the way she has her hair.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Nice comment

Closed Thread