Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look very well. She's been out of the public eye for awhile, and I think that it's been good for her.:flowers:

Apparently she has been in Verbier eating blended foods and running/hiking in the mountains.
Fergie's amazing transformation: Duchess of York sheds TWO STONE on gruelling 90 day mountain bootcamp | Mail Online
This comment of hers - "I want to get into America and support young children who need to be educated about the future" - reminds me of why Sarah sometimes irritates me - IMO, America's young children don't need someone who's claim to fame is that she once married into a family we had a revolution to be rid of to 'educate them about the future.' May I humbly suggest that if she has a burning desire to educate young children she stick w/ her own country.

Apparently she has been in Verbier eating blended foods and running/hiking in the mountains.
Fergie's amazing transformation: Duchess of York sheds TWO STONE on gruelling 90 day mountain bootcamp | Mail Online
This comment of hers - "I want to get into America and support young children who need to be educated about the future" - reminds me of why Sarah sometimes irritates me - IMO, America's young children don't need someone who's claim to fame is that she once married into a family we had a revolution to be rid of to 'educate them about the future.' May I humbly suggest that if she has a burning desire to educate young children she stick w/ her own country.

I truly appreciate anyone who work with the youth and try to help them along the way. It doesn't matter to me if the helper is unknown or a formal senior royal.

Unless the average American youth is being educated at home by their parents as a supplement to the classroom I would imagine a good many of them don't even realize there was a Revolutionary War. If there's a chapter on it during grade school I'd be surprised.

I think Sarah looks great even when she was a little heavier. The fixation on weight is not needed. Women need to stop eating their own.

LaRae

The US can be amazingly myopic and one of our issues as a nation is a focus only on ourselves. I think US kids can only benefit from anyone with a sincere desire to bring in other cultural perspectives and lessons.

I had a Welsh teacher in the fourth grade who changed my whole worldview as a child by talking about where she was from and other places she had been. As a young child, that makes an impact.

Even something as small as introducing literature and other cultural touchstones that I wouldn't have found otherwise- I would never have read about the Wombles had it not been for this one teacher.

So IMHO- there's nothing whatsoever wrong with this quote and I hope she does good work.

Unless the average American youth is being educated at home by their parents as a supplement to the classroom I would imagine a good many of them don't even realize there was a Revolutionary War. If there's a chapter on it during grade school I'd be surprised.

I think Sarah looks great even when she was a little heavier. The fixation on weight is not needed. Women need to stop eating their own.

LaRae

It's the first bit of American history every kid learns and I remember learning about it in the second grade.

It's the first bit of American history every kid learns and I remember learning about it in the second grade.

Yes and it's shockingly incomplete and it's rarely heard about again unless you take a course in college that would cover that subject.

Ask an average American about the Revolutionary War and I bet you whatever you want to bet they will not know much if anything about it.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom