The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
The hairdresser in question tweeted that he had done Beatrice's and Eugenie's hair at Buckingham Palace. The day after this tweet Richard Kay wrote the item for his column. The information came from the tweet, it's unfair to accuse Sarah of selling access.
But where did Richard Kay this information from: "I understand he was approached by a royal aide at Fergie’s suggestion and Pryce wasted no time telling the world about it."

Read more: RICHARD KAY: Duchess Kate's former hairdresser to work his magic on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

So she was involved and actually chose the stylist, who then was approached by Palace staff.... And as soon as he had "bagged himself two of the queen's grand-daughters" (quote from article) he informs the world about his coup. So he must have been very sure that this would not be the immediate end to his chances with the Royals.... And then the next day Richard Kay reports.... Strange coincidences, IMHO.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Courtier

I feel like giving Sarah a break - she miraculously (ok ok giving her a break is not in my nature but I'm trying) went with her heart with what was best for her girls and suggested a stylist who was appreciated by royals. Bottom line: the hair of the 2 York princesses looked great. And Sarah stayed in the back, caring for her girls. That is good. I'm happy and so is Sarah!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
But where did Richard Kay this information from: "I understand he was approached by a royal aide at Fergie’s suggestion and Pryce wasted no time telling the world about it."

Read more: RICHARD KAY: Duchess Kate's former hairdresser to work his magic on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

So she was involved and actually chose the stylist, who then was approached by Palace staff.... And as soon as he had "bagged himself two of the queen's grand-daughters" (quote from article) he informs the world about his coup. So he must have been very sure that this would not be the immediate end to his chances with the Royals.... And then the next day Richard Kay reports.... Strange coincidences, IMHO.
I highlighted the 2 items above, because in my mind a 'royal aide' is not the same as 'palace staff.' I don't believe Sarah has access to palace staff these days, or to any staff associated w/ any royal except employees of her ex, who would be aides to a royal (Andrew) for all we know she could have had Andrew's secretary give Pryce a ring. In any event, I doubt he'll ever touch Catherine's hair again since the Cambridges abhor tattle tales and he's been braying from the rooftops, IMO. Sarah has always been an attention seeker, so I doubt she's troubled by Pryce announcing he'd done her daughters hair.

Found this article about the dissolution of Sarah's charity in the US - raised over $500,000, gave $22,000 in charitable grants, according to tax documents. Article doesn't mention what happened to the lion's share of the money raised - expenses, salaries?
Sarah Ferguson's New York charity dissolved - Monsters and Critics
Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Courtier

Here's another article, which @ least suggests that some of the money may have been spent on charity in other years, although it's unclear.
Sarah Ferguson’s foundation goes bust - NYPOST.com
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Courtier

That does not sound good or add up. But then it's Sarah and it's not the first of her charities too fold.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I highlighted the 2 items above, because in my mind a 'royal aide' is not the same as 'palace staff.' I don't believe Sarah has access to palace staff these days, or to any staff associated w/ any royal except employees of her ex, who would be aides to a royal (Andrew) for all we know she could have had Andrew's secretary give Pryce a ring. In any event, I doubt he'll ever touch Catherine's hair again since the Cambridges abhor tattle tales and he's been braying from the rooftops, IMO. Sarah has always been an attention seeker, so I doubt she's troubled by Pryce announcing he'd done her daughters hair.

Found this article about the dissolution of Sarah's charity in the US - raised over $500,000, gave $22,000 in charitable grants, according to tax documents. Article doesn't mention what happened to the lion's share of the money raised - expenses, salaries?
Sarah Ferguson's New York charity dissolved - Monsters and Critics

Pryce is in a dilemma though; he needs name clients to open his own place. Yet these are the people who expect him to remain discreet.

As for the charity, that is the trouble with many of them, most of the money goes to pay administrative costs.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah is apparently in Thailand recovering from surgery which is why she missed Eugenie's graduation. Not sure if her surgery also took place in Thailand (why Thailand over the UK?) or what she was operated on for.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

IIRC she is friends with or has a biz relationship with someone in Thailand that has a 5 star resort/spa... perhaps that is where she went to recover. (she has run away there before.... details are fuzzy, but I'm sure someone will chime in with more info)
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would think that if one is recovering from surgery, the last thing they would want to do (and get doctor's approval for) is travel to another country to recuperate. This got me curious so I let my fingers tickle Google "Thailand popular surgeries" and up pops quite a few links for plastic surgery. Seems it is quite popular to head to Thailand for all your beauty updating procedures these days.

This is only a supposition but what the heck. Sarah is single, growing older and if she can afford it.. why not?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

Sorry, but I think this is another lapse in Sarah's judgement -- who misses their daughter's college graduation to go to Thailand for surgery? Unless it was life-saving surgery ... there are just no excuses. Sad :(
Old 07-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

But it would've been better to have that type of surgery after the graduation. I don't know many parents who would miss an important mile stone in their child's life for something as mundane as that.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

maybe she didnt heal as quick as was expected (especially knowing she would be photographed)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Ack... mentioning the popularity of plastic surgery in Thailand was just an off the wall supposition of mine and has NO basis in any kind of reality as far as Sarah is concerned. We don't even know where she did have the surgery of any kind.

I just would think it odd to travel so extensively to recoup from surgery as it would probably be very uncomfortable. I know if it was me, I'd want to be close to home with family available should I need them. I don't have any clue of how it works in the UK, but wouldn't Sarah have some form of medical insurance (or NHS coverage) for any kind of necessary surgery? Here in the US though, most medical plans do not cover elective surgeries and it would be totally out of pocket.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Well its all speculation and the less said the better probably.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

She could have been in Thailand and expecting to return to Britain for the graduation when something happened that required surgery and is thus there recuperating.

I do think that sometimes people jump to the most negative conclusion rather than looking for a positive explanation.

Many universities also only allow two tickets for a graduation - Beatrice only had her mum and dad but not her sister - so it may have been a family decision that Eugenie would have her dad and sister so Sarah was able to schedule something else.

The Express report also says 'illness' not 'operation' - that comes from Richard Palmer.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Majesty

There we have it folks. The voice of sane reasoning.

I did get a little carried away there didn't I? Whatever happened, if we're supposed to know, we'll be told soon enough.
― John Lennon
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Heir Apparent

well said Osipi and Ilivbertie. If you want something to really chew over have a look at my post on the Duke of York current events thread.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ack... mentioning the popularity of plastic surgery in Thailand was just an off the wall supposition of mine and has NO basis in any kind of reality as far as Sarah is concerned. We don't even know where she did have the surgery of any kind.

We'll know when we see her.
It's a fallacy that you can't tell when someone has had plastic surgery; it's quite obvious.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, if she did have plastic surgery, good for her and for anyone who can do that. A discreet nip and tuck is fine as long as it's not overly done, as is the case with Bruce Jenner, Joan Rivers, Priscilla Presley et al.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if the Thais and the Turks have a mutual extradition treaty. If they do this would be a good chance to nab her while she is recovering and less likely to flee.

Closed Thread