The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I had thought of pre-dinner shopping myself, though I'd probably need a larger tote for that purpose!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Courtier

For me it doesn't matter that she brings a tote bag or not. What I find annoying is SARAH MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES still using and parading that tote bag, even if it was given to her by her two ROYAL PRINCESSES daughters when they were teenagers. It is no longer the sign of love from SARAH the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES but a vulgar publicity bag.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
For me it doesn't matter that she brings a tote bag or not. What I find annoying is SARAH MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES still using and parading that tote bag, even if it was given to her by her two ROYAL PRINCESSES daughters when they were teenagers. It is no longer the sign of love from SARAH the MOTHER of two ROYAL PRINCESSES but a vulgar publicity bag.
It's a bag. Her daughters gave it to her. If she was using a new, expensive bag she'd be criticized for wasting money.

I know there are good reasons to criticize Sarah, but this isn't one of them.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Agree totally.

Using a bag given to her by her daughters isn't anything more than a proud and loving mother who is using a gift given with love.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't see this in terms of publicity, either. It's just a bag given to her by her girls personalized by their photos; of course she should use it.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I don't see this in terms of publicity, either. It's just a bag given to her by her girls personalized by their photos; of course she should use it.
That's how I see it, too. It's not like the bag says, "Sarah, Mother of two Royal Princesses!" It has her daughters' photos, and the daughters happen to be royal princesses.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Maxima has bee seen carrying a similar bag with photos of her three girls
Old 02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Aristocracy

I couldn't agree more with recent comments. The bag with her daughters is clearly something is real sentimental value to Sarah, as gifts from loved ones usually are.

As for the "tired and emotional" speculation, don't forgot that paps will take hundreds of pictures, and find the ones that make her look worst, in keeping with the Mail's anti-York agenda. And in fact, they've failed with that 3rd one, which is quite a nice picture - I agree with other posts that the scarf looks lovely, and really suits her.

Having said all that, I still think the issue with Turkey has to be affecting her. I think that being stuck in the UK will be particularly difficult for her, as in previous years, she has usually been away on holiday in February. She usually goes skiing with the family around the time of Andrew's birthday (19 Feb) and often gets in a trip to sunnier climes just beforehand. Obviously the Princesses went skiing (and Eugenie had a trip to Mustique with Jack) and Andrew managed a bit of skiing at Davos when he went for the economic forum. So I think it must be tough on Sarah missing out this year...

(Actually, having just reread what I wrote there, it occurs to me that people may feel it’s a bit much to feel sorry for a rather privileged lady because she can’t go skiing, when there are people losing jobs etc. All I mean is that when you have anxieties on your mind – the Turkey thing – it can be a great help to get away from it all, and to Sarah’s mind, she may feel rather trapped, having been used to a life of frequent travel. But of course, there are many in worse positions!)
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Relax! Channel your anger toward something wort being angry about. If someone doesn't know who Sarah is then they will not know who the young ladies pictured on her bag are either. Lovely bag and very endearing.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Courtier

There is absolutely no anger in the capital letters. If there was any the capital letters would have been bolded. They were just there to highlight the fact that Sarah's market value is due to her being the mother of two royal princesses. Sarah is quite aware of this and reminds us of that on a regular basis. Her market-value is going down right now: the serie on american tv was not a hit, the book is not a hit, etc. Showing on her bag the picture of her angelic royal princesses daughters is a way to try to regain a bit of that lost value.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There is absolutely no anger in the capital letters. If there was any the capital letters would have been bolded. They were just there to highlight the fact that Sarah's market value is due to her being the mother of two royal princesses. Sarah is quite aware of this and reminds us of that on a regular basis. Her market-value is going down right now: the serie on american tv was not a hit, the book is not a hit, etc. Showing on her bag the picture of her angelic royal princesses daughters is a way to try to regain a bit of that lost value.
Capital letters in emails are the same as shouting. Worldwide standard.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing wrong with a bag with your daughters pictures on them. CP Maxima has one too.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Nothing wrong with a bag with your daughters pictures on them. CP Maxima has one too.
Those who recognize the daughters know the mother anyway. So where's the beef?

On a side note: I was a bit astonished to read that Sarah seems to have been in contact with the then fighting deadly cancer former Royal reporter James Whitaker. I thought this is a very kind gesture considering that it was him who made the devastating toe suckling pics public.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
And just how old are CP Maxima's daughters? vs Sarah's? Sometimes things are funny and cute when you are a little girl but become less funny when you are a grown-up woman or a young woman.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I don't know, maybe it's a Canadian thing. I also use capital letter to highlight or emphasize something. It's not my nature to shout about anything.

Also agree with your thinking. This must be a very difficult time for Sarah.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Nobility

This story brought a smile to my face this morning, she's a little girl who has won the hearts of the nation here in Ireland, and beyond it seems.

THE big-hearted Duchess of York has given brave leukaemia victim India Farmer a very special birthday present.

The little Sligo girl, who touched the nation's heart when the Irish Mirror appealed for a donor, received a doll and a birthday card from Fergie.

The Duchess was one of thousands of people who opened their hearts to India who was fighting for her life as she awaited a suitable bone marrow. Fergie was so touched by the little girl that she contacted India's mother, Joanna and offered to give her own marrow. She kept in touch with the family and has invited India to visit her and her daughters Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice at their home.

India, who celebrated her fifth birthday this week, has finally found the perfect marrow match after an agonising wait for her mum and dad, Blaise.

She goes back to St James' Hospital in Leeds later this month when she will have the life-saving transplant.

The past few months have been a nightmare for India and her parents who were dealt blow after blow as they waited for news of a compatible donor.

Now the Farmers' prayers have been answered with a donor set to give her the marrow she needs in a matter of weeks.

Medical experts hope the transplant will end her misery and add to India's joy at her special meeting with the royals.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

What a lovely story about Sarah's kindness to this little girl, and the kind of thing that never gets mentioned in the British press - what a change from all the negative press she gets! And so good to hear that India has the donor she needs!
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 PM

It is a lovely gesture, but how did it end up in the papers? Do you think the Farmer family called them when they are facing a life and death struggle for their daughter? Or do we think that maybe Sarah is seeking positive publicity?

(And yes, thank heavens a suitable donor has been found!)

Wasn't that separation 20 years ago this month? And Sarah is still giving the same tired quotes and telling the same tired stories and trying to make an entire life out of being a ex-royal in-law. It's just sad, really. The Queen should give her an allowance on the condition that she go to her mother's old ranch in Argentina and build a new, quiet life for herself there. How else can this possibly end for Sarah? If she were going to find a non-royal career or partner, presumably she could have done so over 20 years!
Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenc View Post
he Queen should give her an allowance on the condition that she go to her mother's old ranch in Argentina and build a new, quiet life for herself there.
The Queen shouldn't give her anything on no conditions, Sarah doesn't deserve anything.

Fergie¿s killer aide could be freed from jail within weeks | Mail Online
Old 03-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The Queen shouldn't give her anything on no conditions, Sarah doesn't deserve anything.

Fergie¿s killer aide could be freed from jail within weeks | Mail Online

And as a result they royal family can't complain about anything she does - even if she embarasses the 4th, 5th and 6th in line to the throne further than she has done already.

Closed Thread