Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, wonder of wonders, the DM is actually being NICE to Sarah! (Still, you can always rely on the morons who leave comments to provide the seemingly obligatory spitefulness and bile).

She shouldn't get too excited, they usually do this before they launch a particularly nasty attack.

Wow! What a busy week she's had!
Tuesday: dinner at Coya, then the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity auction with Bea and Eug.
Weds: the Hello party and the Asian Achievement event (I guess one of them must have been a lunch do).
Thurs: The Butterfly Ball, plus I just found that she also visited a centre for people with learning disabilities on the same day:
Duchess of York visits Brixworth group - Community News - Northampton Chronicle and Echo

So that's SIX engagements in 3 days! Nice to see that famous energy is undiminished. I imagine she'll enjoy having a bit of a break now after all that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice that Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie gave some of their personal belongings to Humanitas Shop and Sarah will be giving away some stuff on a regular bases. I really like that Sarah is doing this.

I agree, lovely pics and a fascinating article. I really love the ways she throws herself into her charity work with such energy and enthusiasm. What a special day it must have been for the staff of this shop. Wonderful!

I have just read that Sarah has agreed to be a parton of a charity called "Steph's Wishes". It's a charity which Stephanie Knight had begun to set up before she sadly passed away recently. A lot of people read Steph's story when she wrote a bucket list while fighting cancer. Hopefully Sarah can help her family realise some of her wishes.

That would be great if she became the charity's patron.

That's great that she's getting involved with this charity. When Steph's story became big news, Sarah was one if the celebrities who supported her. She sent her presents for her hen do and a beautiful signed photo with the girls, and she got her friend Robbie Williams involved, as Steph was a big Take That fan. How fantastic that Sarah will honour Steph's memory by continuing to be invoved in the foundation.

At least she is out and about I often feel for her ...

I save my sympathy for people who deserve it. Sarah lives rent free in an amazing house, has staff, cooks and personal assistants she doesn't have to lift a finger. She goes off on regular first class vacations far more then the average person. She still eats out in first class restaurants and goes to parties and charity events. She has two daughters who adore her and an ex husband who is still friendly with her. Her problems fall onto herself she made these mistakes and still hasn't owned up to them. Not sure why you feel sorry for her my life is way harder then hers and I haven't had any of the opportunities that Sarah chose to screw up.

:previous: Sarah, against all the odds, remains a very upbeat and outgoing woman who obviously makes friends and is admired enough to still be asked to be a patron of a charity.

When is everyone going to cut her a break and just say . . . if anyone can put her foot in it it's Sarah, and just accept she is relatively accident prone. That's when someone isn't going to inordinate and expensive lengths to set her up to fall flat on her face causing her and (to really get their monies worth) the BRF as much humiliation as possible!

It really is bullying at it's worst when you see her continually lampooned and yet . . . still actual real people, the ones with beating pulses, like her and enjoy her company so I'm guessing that whatever her faults are, and like most all of us, she has a few, she is a person that other people like to be around. They enjoy her company because she's actually not the wicked witch of the north, south, east or west.

She is just Sarah. A terrific mother and sometime ditzy friend.

If you want to be seen , just invite Sarah in the best restaurant or to a big party!

A very fair-minded and well expressed assessment of the situation from Marg, I think. Yes, of course it's true that Sarah has all the trappings of the elite lifestyle - the house, staff, holidays, etc. Despite all that, I don't know if I'd swap places with her - the bullying that she has had to put up with from the press over the years has been horrendous. She has been very brave in the way that she has coped with that (including a refusal to bury her head and hide, as she knows that her public profile is a means towards being able to help people). I don't think I could have handled all of that as well as she has.

Whilst her lifestyle may be enviable, Sarah has had to cope with pressures in her life that most of us could not comprehend, mostly deriving from her tortured relationship with the media. Yes, she has made mistakes, as we all have, but hers have been plastered across pages and pages of tabloids. Her privacy has been continually violated (topless photos, entrapment, phone hacking etc.) and she has suffered poison pen character attacks on herself, her ex-husband and her daughters. Through all this, she has stayed strong and true *to her beliefs, been a great mother, worked tirelessly for her charities and been an inspiring figure to many. And as Marg says, her friends have stayed loyal and value her company, which must say something about the kind of person she is.

Thank you Marg for this analysis. I personally have a lot of difficulties with the things Sarah did and said but I see that quite some of them should have stayed in private and others should not have happened at all (fake sheikh etc.) Plus she has behaved really good during these last months, maybe she learned her lessons after all and won't be an embarrasment for the Royal family any more. So I do think the public (that is: the media) should cut her some slack and support her on leading a decent life. For I can see her good sides as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all know that Sarah has made her mistakes. Despite her lifestyle, she's still human and humans make mistakes.

Are people going to continue to beat her across the head for it? or move on and hope that Sarah continue to find peace and continue on supporting her charities and just hope everything will be okay for her?

Sarah was in the Ukraine yesterday. The Chief Executive of a charity founded to help abandoned and abused children introduced her to staff and children at the organisation's 3 homes.

http://www.theproffice.co.uk/news

Last edited:
Very touching that Sarah made this visit and to show she care about homeless, abandoned and abused children. I love hearing and reading about Sarah doing stuff like this.

I think we all know that Sarah has made her mistakes. Despite her lifestyle, she's still human and humans make mistakes.

Are people going to continue to beat her across the head for it? or move on and hope that Sarah continue to find peace and continue on supporting her charities and just hope everything will be okay for her?

Well said.

This is a current events thread.

Posts rehashing events going back to 1986 (that's 27 years ago) cannot by any definition be termed "current" and have therefore been removed.

Posts discussing Sarah's alleged current misdeeds, if any, are acceptable.
Posts that are more concerned with long-ago events with which most members are well-familiar, are not.
Such lines of discussion tend to be endlessly repetitive, tiresome and in the context of "now", irrelevant and pointless.

I well understand that some members have a long-held and implacable dislike of Sarah, Duchess of York.
That's fine, but there is no requirement for that antipathy and the reasons for it to be restated at every opportunity.

Thanks for everyone's understanding and cooperation.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Novak Djokovic has announced that Sarah has agreed to be a Global Ambassador for his foundation.

This quote is from a magazine called The Spectator;

His friend Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has recently agreed to become a Global Ambassador for the Novak Djokovic Foundation. He calls her ‘a magnificent woman’.
‘Sarah is a great philanthropist and very dedicated to her work with children. The Duchess has agreed to be the global ambassador of my foundation, and that brought me so much joy. We are planning to bring her to Serbia to open schools for children. She offered books and toys… She gave a very touching speech at the benefit dinner of the Novak Djokovic Foundation in New York. In her closing remarks she said that the work we are doing inspires her. Hearing that from her — such a big philanthropist — was a great honour.’

Congrats to the Foundation and good on Sarah's part.

Sarah attended a show of Andrea Bocelli at the open air amphitheatre 'Theatre of Silence' in Lajatico, Italy, on July 14, 2013.

** Pic **

Sarah needs to fix her makeup she looks awful. You need to change things the older you get and Sarah needs proper makeup especially if she is going to wear bright colours.

She is a bit of mess I agree ... but what can be done ??? Lighter makeup perhaps and well !!!! I don't know ... I guess we all do the best we can day to day ... but I do agree Meadow

She has not aged well and does need to lighten up on the make-up. There must be something she can do. But its true, we do our best as we age.

She is a bit of mess I agree ... but what can be done ??? Lighter makeup perhaps and well !!!! I don't know ... I guess we all do the best we can day to day ... but I do agree Meadow

What can be done? Botox and Restylane for one thing!

What can be done? Botox and Restylane for one thing!

oh please no... eventually when these are used too much all users start to look alike...

I think she looks fine (one day better than another, but who doesn't) and P.Andrew and her have imo really tried to make their divorce as painless as possible for their daughters, and i admire that a lot.

She doesn't have to change a thing, and even if you don't like: at the very least she still looks like herself and that's more than i can say from many a movie-actress...

This is a current events thread. Disguising long held dislike of Sarah by making nasty personal comments is a very thin disguise indeed.

As Warren said in an earlier post, lets get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom