Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it would've been better to have that type of surgery after the graduation. I don't know many parents who would miss an important mile stone in their child's life for something as mundane as that.

maybe she didnt heal as quick as was expected (especially knowing she would be photographed)

Ack... mentioning the popularity of plastic surgery in Thailand was just an off the wall supposition of mine and has NO basis in any kind of reality as far as Sarah is concerned. We don't even know where she did have the surgery of any kind.

I just would think it odd to travel so extensively to recoup from surgery as it would probably be very uncomfortable. I know if it was me, I'd want to be close to home with family available should I need them. I don't have any clue of how it works in the UK, but wouldn't Sarah have some form of medical insurance (or NHS coverage) for any kind of necessary surgery? Here in the US though, most medical plans do not cover elective surgeries and it would be totally out of pocket.

Well its all speculation and the less said the better probably.

She could have been in Thailand and expecting to return to Britain for the graduation when something happened that required surgery and is thus there recuperating.

I do think that sometimes people jump to the most negative conclusion rather than looking for a positive explanation.

Many universities also only allow two tickets for a graduation - Beatrice only had her mum and dad but not her sister - so it may have been a family decision that Eugenie would have her dad and sister so Sarah was able to schedule something else.

The Express report also says 'illness' not 'operation' - that comes from Richard Palmer.

:previous: There we have it folks. The voice of sane reasoning. :flowers:

I did get a little carried away there didn't I? Whatever happened, if we're supposed to know, we'll be told soon enough.

:previous: well said Osipi and Ilivbertie. If you want something to really chew over have a look at my post on the Duke of York current events thread. :eek:

Ack... mentioning the popularity of plastic surgery in Thailand was just an off the wall supposition of mine and has NO basis in any kind of reality as far as Sarah is concerned. We don't even know where she did have the surgery of any kind.

We'll know when we see her.
It's a fallacy that you can't tell when someone has had plastic surgery; it's quite obvious.

Well, if she did have plastic surgery, good for her and for anyone who can do that. A discreet nip and tuck is fine as long as it's not overly done, as is the case with Bruce Jenner, Joan Rivers, Priscilla Presley et al.

I wonder if the Thais and the Turks have a mutual extradition treaty. If they do this would be a good chance to nab her while she is recovering and less likely to flee.

I was thinking that myself; she's really got to watch her step and ensure that the countries she visits don't have an extradition treaty.

Let's not speculate on Sarah's illness or why she does or does not travel to specific countries.

The Mail is reporting today that Sarah has gone to Ibiza for a holiday with Beatrice:

RICHARD KAY: Fun-loving Fergie defies Turk threat | Mail Online

By the way, if anyone is interested in checking out the Kamalaya spa resort in Thailand where Sarah spent the last few weeks, they have a website (www.kamalaya.com). She has a whole chapter on Kamalaya in 'Finding Sarah'. I think the owners gave her some free or discounted trips there in exchange for the publicity, but she also seems to have a real love for the place and talks about the meditation and spiritual work she does there. She says 'The atmosphere was so peaceful, it was as if the world could begin and end there. What wonderful, spiritual escapism' (p270).
I would imagine that she has gone through a lot of stress recently, with the Turkish prosecution and the operation / illness / whatever it was, so I really think she deserves a nice few weeks away in Thailand / Ibiza and a chance to relax!

Last edited:
That's cool, that you sold them both jewelry. I too think Sarah ha a rough time of it and that things could have been very different there. She's made some bad decisions, but I've never thought she was a bad person.

Good to see her at the Olympics with her daughters this week.

Please note that this is the Current Events thread for Sarah, Duchess of York not a thread to rehash her past. While some can't seem to move past those events, they are in fact NOT CURRENT EVENTS.

As result, several posts have been deleted as off topic. In addition, any and all future posts that have nothing to do with Sarah's Current Events will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the TRF moderation team via Private Message.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Something from the Daily Star suggesting Sarah may be chosen as a godmother to the daughter of singer Robbie Williams and his wife:

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: News :: Couple want Sarah Ferguson as role model for daughter

We will have to wait and see how true this story turns out to be, but she certainly seems to have become a good family friend. I read on some showbiz site that Sarah has suggested to Robbie that he re-release his biggest hit Angels, and donate the proceeds to the charity Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society (SANDS) in memory of Gary Barlow's baby girl.
Thanks for posting.

It sound very odd to me she is 20 years older then them and really a role model? See what happens when the baby is born the single is a great idea for the SANDS charity.

Sarah looks lovely. She's finally wearing makeup and it appears she has lost a few pounds. Go girl! :flowers:

That skirt is an unfortunate choice for Eugenie. It makes her hips look wider than they are and it's too short for her. It needs to be a little bit longer. Otherwise I like her hair, makeup and jewelry.

Sarah looks better then she has been. Not too sure about the butterflies on her shoes and once again the butterfly purse. I thought Eugenie looked quite pretty.

Sarah is looking pretty good. It does look like she has lost a few pounds. And the butterflies definately have to go.

In that picture of Beatrice with her hands behind her back, she's standing like her father.:) Are they raising money for a 9/11 charity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom