Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this woman has been in prison for 11 years, it's not likely she knows much about Sarah's recent life; any tidbits she might have woudl be over a decade old. Not much to see here, I think.

No but she did know her back in the Johnny Bryant times and according to her Sarah told her some things about members of the Royal Family and about her relationship with Andrew. Those things alone would get her in the door. Sarah really has no one to blame but herself. But I do feel bad for the girls.

This is just another bad turn of events for Sarah where people are coming out of the woodwork to further smear her. But as other posters have said, the true victims will be her children.

No but she did know her back in the Johnny Bryant times and according to her Sarah told her some things about members of the Royal Family and about her relationship with Andrew. Those things alone would get her in the door. Sarah really has no one to blame but herself. But I do feel bad for the girls.

I'm not sure I quite agree here. Surely Sarah - anyone, really - has a right to seek out friendship and in friendship find a confidant. We hear that the Queen has relatives and friendships that have sustained her over the years. We know that Charles has had friendships that have been his ballast across the decades. We all need that comfort and trust in another.

What rotten luck for Sarah - and I see it as luck, a chance thing. A series of dominoes endlessly coming in to pay-dirt - because she's an easy target. What would anyone else have done with a friend who commits such a horror? Stand by them? Or do what Sarah did? Either way she would get flack. Did she do what she did because it was what she believed was right regardless of consequences - or because she thought that was the PR thing to do?

She did what she did - cut the woman off - and now the woman is seeking vengence and easy money. Can anything she writes be trusted? Those who wish Sarah ill will read and believe. Sarah should just move on. Nothing an embittered, vengeful woman can say should disturb her life. Its old news. Few are interested.

^^^^^
Perhaps but there is a difference between being a friend with a a relative and with a servant. Even the Queens most trusted advisors know there is an invisible line that cannot be crossed in their relationship with her. Jane fell into the servant category and I have no doubt that there are things Sarah should not have shared with her. Discretion has never been one of Sarahs best traits.

That is the way I see it. This woman came into her life and Sarah should have learnt from the past. Even by then the Steve Wyatt and Johnny Bryant sagas should have taught her what to say and what not too and to whom. The woman killed her boyfriend we don't really know why clearly she snapped. Maybe she thought Sarah being a friend would stick by her and that Sarah knew her well enough not to just leave her. Jane worked for Sarah and if that crossed over to trusted friendship on both sides no doubt Jane feels anger for Sarah. I'm sure people will take that into consideration. It will be up to the publishers they may feel it is too unreliable considering the source or they may see some value in it. As for people not caring it may depend on what Sarah has said about members of the Royal Family and what she got up to and has managed to keep secret. We won't really know until/if this book sees the light of day. If Sarah has nothing to hide then I'm sure she will just go on and not be worried. But nothing Sarah does surprises me!

That is the way I see it. This woman came into her life and Sarah should have learnt from the past. Even by then the Steve Wyatt and Johnny Bryant sagas should have taught her what to say and what not too and to whom.

"Could have" taught her is a good one - for we all know that she never learnt that (fake sheikh) and probably never will.

That she is quiet at the moment and does not try to make the Jubilee her own is IMHO due to her being "on parole" at the moment because of the Turkish Warrant. Personally I believe that the "grey men" will see to it that any negociations with Turkey to let her off the hook will only be sucessful after the Jubilee year. (And in secret, being a fan of James Bond, I believe that they "grey men" are behind the decision by Turkey to go through with the Warrant in order to be able to control Sarah, after they had seen what she is capable of inspite of her big scandal during the Royal Wedding).

But I don't think the court and Prince Andrew are overly fond of the idea that a former servant is going to write tell-all books. Even though Sarah is still alive to do dementis (other than Diana in Paul Burrell's case), nobody can be interested in that kind of show besides the media (and some people like us... always curious, always...). So I guess they will keep this Ms. Andrews quiet as well through her parole commands.

There won't be anything forthcoming on the Sarah-front till after the Jubilee-celebrations. At least that's "my gut feeling". :flowers: Or call it plain: Hope?

Does anyone else notice a pattern to Sarah's public life/
The public life of Sarah, Duchess of York « Happy and Glorious!

Well, I don't. She is lying low, which is good as she does not produce scandals and it's bad because now she should have the time to work for the charities she allegedly has close to her heart. Sometimes she has dinner in a London location and prefers private clubs which is again positive as these clubs are well protected against paparazzi, so while on the premises, she can expect to have privacy. It's, compared to her lifestyle before the Turkey warrant, a very dignified existence and I hope she will go on to live so quietly till at least the Jubilee year is over.

Sarah has been very quiet recently, and it seems a little unfair to complain about the odd restaurant she visits in London from time to time. I expect it may be true that she has been asked to keep a low profile till after the jubilee celebrations, which must be dificult for her, as I'm sure she'd rather to getting on with charity or commercial work of some kind. I believe she is due to release a new childrens' book in late Aug, so we will probably see a bit more of her then.

As for the potential book by Jane Andrews, it appalls me to think that Sarah may be smeared by this murderer, and that anyone would pay someone like her for her story. Someone in Sarah's position really has no option but to rely on the discretion of servants like Ms. Andrews - it surely must be hard to hold things back when you rely on their support in every aspect of your life in a day to day basis. She trusted Andrews and it was horribly bad luck that this woman who seemed to be a loyal confidante became not only a murderer but someone who was potentially willing to betray the trust that had been put in her. I hope and pray that this book never sees the light of day!

Sarah has been very quiet recently, and it seems a little unfair to complain about the odd restaurant she visits in London from time to time.

I agree with you. It is every citizen's right to go out and enjoy a nice meal in a nice restaurant without people questioning that or establish that as a "pattern". Especially as she uses the most private possibility to said meal apart from having private catering at her own home. So where's the beef?

Fergie went out and dined in a nice restaurant. So what? What's the big deal about it? Most people aren't questioned about this.

:previous:Right, Sarah eats and is seen about town and I don't see any significance in that. The only significance is that she's being photographed more often and perhaps the press is trying to pick apart her activities for some scandalous tidbits. Her lifestyle seems very mundane at present and that's exactly what she needs to be right now.

Last edited:
If she stays this quiet for the rest of her days I don't have a problem with it.

Sarah has been living so quietly the last few months that the writer probably couldn't find anything else to write about her, which is a tribute to Sarah. Most of us wanted her to just live quietly and not to embarrass her family and she is doing just that. Whatever the reason, it is good for Sarah and for her family. :)

I really hate to kick a horse while it's down but the short black is horrible on her IMO if she is going to wear that she should stay at home ... she looks just plain silly wearing something like that and yes she is overwt but that is okay if dres appropiate is formulated.
She should go out and life goes on ... she has made the worst mistake but she has be out and about .. just leave the short gear at home. IMO

I think its a good idea that she lay low and keep quiet. She has done enough damage and needs to keep to herself. I don't mind her going out on the town, she just needs to not do any interviews or say anything that the pap could use against her. Just my opinion.

Where is she, under a rock somewhere????? LoL :)

She is doing what a lot of people (and probably the whole of the BRF) desired: living a quiet, dignified life out of the public's view. Why not congratulate her?

She shouldn't need congratulating for doing something she should have started doing years ago. The only reason she is being quiet is because she has been in so much trouble she has no other choice in the matter. Let's see how long it lasts for she is due to have a book out in August....

She is doing what a lot of people (and probably the whole of the BRF) desired: living a quiet, dignified life out of the public's view. Why not congratulate her?
While I agree that she has been quiet lately, dignified and Sarah shouldn't be used in the same sentence, IMO. The Queen is dignified, Sarah is not and never has been and until she foregoes her ridiculously short skirts (for a start) and stops leeching off her ex and his staff, she never will be. She has been ominously quiet - like the calm before the storm. Maybe someone suggested to her that if she wanted her daughters to not be further excluded from a public role in the BRF, she needed to cool it. Or maybe the less than stellar book sales and the TV series flop have percolated through her own inflated ego. Whatever it was, it's refreshing.

While I agree that she has been quiet lately, dignified and Sarah shouldn't be used in the same sentence, IMO. The Queen is dignified, Sarah is not and never has been and until she foregoes her ridiculously short skirts (for a start) and stops leeching off her ex and his staff, she never will be. She has been ominously quiet - like the calm before the storm. Maybe someone suggested to her that if she wanted her daughters to not be further excluded from a public role in the BRF, she needed to cool it. Or maybe the less than stellar book sales and the TV series flop have percolated through her own inflated ego. Whatever it was, it's refreshing.

Think it's simple. It's been mentioned multiple times before, I think the BRF is in no way going to allow her to open her mouth, they've got Turkey hanging over her head and they've told her they'll take care of it but only if she disappears for at least the duration of the jubilee. Might even be a permanent deal as they've finally got a choker around her neck that she can't shake.

Think it's simple. It's been mentioned multiple times before, I think the BRF is in no way going to allow her to open her mouth, they've got Turkey hanging over her head and they've told her they'll take care of it but only if she disappears for at least the duration of the jubilee. Might even be a permanent deal as they've finally got a choker around her neck that she can't shake.

We live in hope......

(I’ve read through this thread and I have a few questions I’m hoping someone may be able to answer)

1. Does she still live in Andrew’s mansion?
  2. Now that she does not have an income from working in America how does she make ends meet? I’m guessing it must come from residuals from books she’s written in the past or investment income?
  3. Does she have any low-cost hobbies?

Yes she still lives with Andrew. No idea what money she is living off she did get paid for Finding Sarah but I doubt it went that far. Her books haven't done that well lately so any residuals wouldn't be much. Don't know of any low cost hobbies she does seem to have cut down on her shopping etc. It seems Andrew stepped in so maybe she is on a tight leash and can't spend like she used too.

She still lives with Andrew!? Good gracious, I thought it made sense when the kids were growing up; but now it is coming off as if she is Andrew's 3rd child he has to support.

On another note, why can't somebody in a higher position be friends with a servant or someone who works for them; it seems like prejudice and distasteful to say the invisible line should never be crossed and never treat a servant as nothing else but that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom