The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Please note that several posts that discuss Sarah and potential charity work has been moved to Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal .

Posts regarding Sarah vacationing with Beatrice and Eugenie have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...res-780-6.html .

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Courtier

On a sad note: There has been a serious fire at Necker Island yesterday, where Sarah has vacationed very recently and which we have been discussing on these threads. The main house, reportedly, has been completely destroyed, as well as some of Richard Branson's office, where valuable property was being stored, including his many photographs and notebooks. A number of celebrity friends were saying there including Eve, his recently widowed 90 year old mother, who was led to safety by the actress Kate Winslet. The fire was apparently started during a tropical storm.

Daughter Holly was also staying there; Richard Branson seems philosophical, stating that all personel were safe, 'which was the only thing that mattered'. Holly was due to marry on the Island later this year, but obviously there is a huge question mark over this event.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Sarah, Duchess of York attended the First Initiative Foundation opening gala celebration of Sojourn
at the Asia House in London, September 14, 2011.

Sojourn features Hong Kong based art, design and culinary talents in London from 13th-24th
September 2011. Supported by the Hong Kong Tourism Board and presented by First Initiative
Foundation, the purpose is to bring together exhibitions and events that show Hong Kong as
a remarkable and international city.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 09-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Courtier

That is not a very nice dress it makes Sarah look bigger then she is unless she has really started to gain weight again. What is with that purse? She keeps holding it in the most unnatural positions. I wonder if she borrowed it from Beatrice it has a butterfly on it looks like something she would like. Still not looking great her makeup and hair are looking really bad lately for some reason.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
That is not a very nice dress it makes Sarah look bigger then she is unless she has really started to gain weight again. What is with that purse? She keeps holding it in the most unnatural positions. I wonder if she borrowed it from Beatrice it has a butterfly on it looks like something she would like. Still not looking great her makeup and hair are looking really bad lately for some reason.
I don't think she looks overly bad and she does have a nice smile. I just wish she wasn't referred to as The Duchess of York. Its so misleading.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Beginning a sentence with a demonstrative adjective (The) is not calling Sarah "The Duchess of York" as you perceived it. To be incorrect, they would have had to start the sentence with "Sarah, The Duchess of York attended blah, blah, blah."

I think Sarah looks quite well. I like the dress and thought the butterfly ornament on the clutch was very pretty.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

But saying The Duchess of York attended, is wrong. It should have been Sarah, Duchess of York attended.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Oh for goodness sake. It was a human error.

It was not in the newspapers, Sarah didnt' refer to herself as THE Duchess of York. That's just the way Iceflower noted the caption of the picture that she provided. I will ask her going forward if she can refer to Sarah's correct title.

I have since corrected it so we don't go off on a tangent, or think that that in this particular insistence...Sarah is calling herself The Duchess of York.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Zonk, sorry if I added fuel to that fire.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Administrator

No you didn't add fuel to the fire.

To me its just another example of how polarizing the Sarah threads have become. Even the smallest thing is used as an example of "awful" Sarah.

I thanked Iceflower for her contributions to the British Forums and just asked if she could use Sarah's correct title going forward. In her defence, in the Forums she moderate's they don't have a Sarah issue (Alexandra received a new title when she divorced Joachim) so this is not a situation that she deals with on a regular. Though it does make you wonder...in the age of today where people are still referring to Camilla and Kate as Camilla Parker Bowles, Duchess of Cornwall, and Kate Middleton.....how many people are incorrectly stating Sarah's title...and yet to some people...its her fault.

Oh well.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Ah how little words can start things. I had no intention of starting anything here but there has been so much discussion of Sarah allowing herself to be called "The Duchess" etc, I made a comment on it.

Iceflower does a tremendously excellent job of supplying us with wonderful pictures that we've come to look forward to and if my words seemed like a slur to her, I deeply apologize.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
Interesting interview with Sarah in the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/fa...ewanted=1&_r=1
This is my first post, having joined the site today, so please forgive me if this bends any rule, but...

Having read this article, I find it impossible to feel any sympathy for Sarah and I think it is laughable that she described herself as handing off the baton to Catharine; really, really laughable, perhaps even self-delusional. (For the record: I am not anti-Sarah. I am anti-BS.)

Hi everyone.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
This is my first post, having joined the site today, so please forgive me if this bends any rule, but...

Having read this article, I find it impossible to feel any sympathy for Sarah and I think it is laughable that she described herself as handing off the baton to Catharine; really, really laughable, perhaps even self-delusional. (For the record: I am not anti-Sarah. I am anti-BS.)

Hi everyone.
Hi and a big welcome to TRF!

I also think that Sarah is really trying too hard to push herself off as something marketable. It may take a while to sink in but as the offers dwindle and there's not much of a demand for Sarah, I'm hoping that she'll decide to focus on one thing to throw her energies into like her Children in Crisis.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Oh dear, what a drama I've provoked I haven't rechecked the thread untill now, thanks for handling it for me, Zonk!

It's been - as KittyAtlanta has already explained - my simple innocent start of record and neither a statement nor a
misinterpretation of her title. I'm an impartial observer as most of you know
Old 09-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
I am not anti-Sarah. I am anti-BS.)
Best thing I have read in a long time!

Welcome!
Old 09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

And a most kind one was well Ice. Thank you for all you do and Russo gets scrambled eggs over titles as well but what do you expect from this Yank??
Looks to me like it's back to work for Sarah, and well, I don't blame her, she hasn't got a lot of cards to play. I must say I am pleased she is NOT with her daughters at this affair and I wish her well.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Administrator

She is not with her daughters. Am I missing a photo?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

I HATE that dress she's wearing. She's worn it several times before, but at least this time she didn't opt to wear it sleeveless, covering those arms of hers did wonders for that dress, it wasn't nearly as ugly.

Nice that she was invited to a posh to do, didn't go with her daughters or Andrew. She broke out her wedding diamonds as well. She looks a lot better than she did at Beatrice's graduation.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know if the butterfly motif is symbolic of a particular company or designer? She does seem to be positioning it so that the butterfly is well seen. I'm wondering if she is possibly doing some "product placement".
Old 09-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, do you blame her for product placement? If she can pull it off, then bully for her. However, please Sarah, stay away from your daughters and the ex for good bit and let them get on with their lives as you do yours.