The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Courtier

Now that the series has concluded on OWN, what next? The publicity junket for the show is ended, but I imagine the book junket continues.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
. Sarah is not a stupid woman but I think her greed and sense of entitlement overrides her senses.
Yes, you nailed it. Her sense of entitlement and her total lack of acceptance of personal responsibility are her most annoying traits.

You can sympathize and try to help someone when you see they have hit hard times but are working hard to make amends and make things better for themselves. Sarah seems to feel that she deserves to have somone else pick up the pieces and make everything ok again. She feels she is entitled to live like a royal. Even 15 years after the divorce and 19 years since the separation she still doesn't recognize she is not royal, cannot live like a royal and that she has to manage her own life as best she can, paying her own bills along the way.

As long as she is being enabled by others I doubt she will ever understand
that she is on her own and must pay her own way through life and take responsibility for her decisions and own her mistakes.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I've been accused on some MB's of being a Sarah "hater", but the irony of it all was that in the months before her NOTW scandal, I was posting articles about her charity visits and stating my admiration for her visits to cancer hospitals and visiting the patients and raising awareness.
Yes, it's sad - you don't hear much about Sarah's involvement with charities these days. I doubt many charities would want to be associated with her now. Last year, I posted a video of Sarah speaking at the UN, just before the cash for access scandal. I thought, and still think, that Sarah is a riveting public speaker when she's really passionate about a cause. Weight Watchers kept her as a spokeswoman for many years, so they obviously felt she was doing a good job. The problem is, she has also ruined her chances of a public speaking career now.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Now that the series has concluded on OWN, what next? The publicity junket for the show is ended, but I imagine the book junket continues.
The possibilities are endless and kind of amusing to really think about. A couple came to my mind.

1) "Sarah, Distressed Duchess of York". A made for TV movie on Lifetime network with Debra Messing as Sarah as the inept displaced royal.

2) "Findings". A new posh retreat for those wanting to explore different ways and means of dealing with one's issues in life. Not for the weak of mind or weak of pocket.

Ok.. that was kind of amusing but in reality, I really don't see Sarah making any headlines in the very near future. Its been obvious reading over the forums here and the reactions to Sarah's latest ventures clearly show that she's done more harm to her image than anything positive. I think this will be reflected in how she is perceived in all walks of her life. The interest in her "brand" just will not be there.

I think I did read somewhere where the "Finding Sarah" series will be broadcasted in the UK. If that does happen, I expect the reactions of the viewers to be far worse than any she's received in the US. It definitely will not be a plus for the image of her daughters nor her ex-husband.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think I did read somewhere where the "Finding Sarah" series will be broadcasted in the UK. If that does happen, I expect the reactions of the viewers to be far worse than any she's received in the US. It definitely will not be a plus for the image of her daughters nor her ex-husband.
Oh...the backlash would be horrible if the show is aired in the UK. It will damage Andrew's reputation further (just because of Sarah's constant references to their closeness) and it won't do the girls any good, either.

I've been reading the discussion of Finding Sarah on Television without Pity (a popular television discussion board) and most of the posters have gone from curious and intrigued by the show, to disgusted by Sarah's behaviour. Here's the link to the discussion, if anyone's interested. Finding Sarah - TWoP Forums So you can imagine - if the backlash from Americans is so harsh, how will the British people react?

Then there's Irish Eyes' news about Jane Andrews possibly publishing a tell-all about her time working for Sarah. I don't think a convicted murderer has any reputation to lose, so if she does publish a book, it's bad news for Sarah again.

The other day, I watched a clip of Sarah speaking about her weight-loss journey. It was only three or four years ago, and she looked and sounded professional. It's hard to believe that in such a short time, Sarah has completely destroyed her reputation...in Britain and in America.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I really don't see Sarah making any headlines in the very near future. Its been obvious reading over the forums here and the reactions to Sarah's latest ventures clearly show that she's done more harm to her image than anything positive. I think this will be reflected in how she is perceived in all walks of her life. The interest in her "brand" just will not be there.
Chances are, put frankly, that we will see her making headlines, this time for going beyond the pale in her behavior. With Sarah, it's only a matter of 'when,' not 'if.'
Old 07-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Why don't we NOT speculate what Sarah will do in the future but stay on topic with her current events.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link rmay286. I was shocked at how harsh the backlash was. Sarah might have been better off, if she had talked to Hugh Grant before she appeared on the program. Hugh admitted his sin, said he was stupid and America loved him. Sarah said she didn't do anything wrong, she has a good heart and it seems Americans don't like her or believe her. Sarah's chances of rebuilding her career in the US appear to be nil.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Why don't we NOT speculate what Sarah will do in the future but stay on topic with her current events.
My fault, Zonk, I posed the question. Apologies.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know that most Americans dislike Sarah....many (if not most) Americans could care less about Sarah or any member of a royal family.

I work with an office full of women and I'm probably the only one there that is interested in royalty...and that is mostly due to the fact that I love history.

MM
Old 07-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestern Mom View Post
I don't know that most Americans dislike Sarah....many (if not most) Americans could care less about Sarah or any member of a royal family.

I work with an office full of women and I'm probably the only one there that is interested in royalty...and that is mostly due to the fact that I love history.

MM
Its an important point. I can't think of one family member, friend or colleague of mine that I can strike up a conversation about royalty. Might have traction for a few minutes but peters out very fast.

There might even be a value judgment attached from some quarters along the lines of - why spend your time on that stuff? Marriages and babies and scandals always get some headlines but overall I wouldn't say there is a keen interest. One has to just watch the response to 'Royal' visits to the US (barring the Queen which becomes a State affair - but even then its pretty sedate) - to understand that 'royalty' is not 'exciting' to Americans.

Plus OWN is a brand new 'baby'. Its a question how many people can even get the channel never mind viewed 'Finding Sarah' - there are so many other shows to watch on a Sunday night - like PBS 'Masterpiece', for one. Unless you have a particular interest its unlikely one would even search it out. I didn't even know about it - so watched it, searched it out, only because I heard about it here, on TRF.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Good point. I'm a Canadian and I don't know anyone here who is interested in talking about royalty. With the exception of a short conversation on William and Kate, no one is interested.

As far as OWN, I don't get it in my tv cable package. It's probably available with some systems...but I've never heard anyone here mention the OWN channel.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Majesty

My situation is different. In fact, I'm sometimes surprised by the number of people who follow things rather closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Good point. I'm a Canadian and I don't know anyone here who is interested in talking about royalty. With the exception of a short conversation on William and Kate, no one is interested.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Courtier

I think perhaps we have been using the Sarah Interviews thread as the current events thread....so I'm bumping this up.

Sarah was in Spain last month on vacation. What other news?
Old 08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Its an important point. I can't think of one family member, friend or colleague of mine that I can strike up a conversation about royalty. Might have traction for a few minutes but peters out very fast.

There might even be a value judgment attached from some quarters along the lines of - why spend your time on that stuff? Marriages and babies and scandals always get some headlines but overall I wouldn't say there is a keen interest. One has to just watch the response to 'Royal' visits to the US (barring the Queen which becomes a State affair - but even then its pretty sedate) - to understand that 'royalty' is not 'exciting' to Americans.

Plus OWN is a brand new 'baby'. Its a question how many people can even get the channel never mind viewed 'Finding Sarah' - there are so many other shows to watch on a Sunday night - like PBS 'Masterpiece', for one. Unless you have a particular interest its unlikely one would even search it out. I didn't even know about it - so watched it, searched it out, only because I heard about it here, on TRF.
Nevertheless, Sarah at one point was doing quite well with her business ventures in the US and I imagine that successful history is what would bring her back. It's actually not a bad strategy, overall, to go back to NY to rebuild using whatever contacts and knowledge she has left over from the last time she was financially doing well. Her relative anonymity could work for her - most Americans would be starting out with a vague idea of who she was but wouldn't be aware of the details of all the antics that make her such an object of ridicule and contempt in the UK.

Unfortunately I think the platform she chose to try to rebuild - the Finding Sarah show - was all wrong. In a way she's probably lucky that Oprah's Midas touch didn't extend to this new show because I think the best thing that can be said about it is that not many people have actually seen it.

I think the sensible thing for Sarah to do at this point would be to take some time to regroup. Most of her debts have been taken care of, she's never going to lack for the basics... if she spent the next six months to a year assessing her situation, brainstorming with former business contacts or some of her successful friends, working out a plan that didn't involve a reality show, (when did reality shows become the answer to everything in life??), then I think she'd have a decent chance at rebuilding her brand, such as it is.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I think perhaps we have been using the Sarah Interviews thread as the current events thread....so I'm bumping this up.

Sarah was in Spain last month on vacation. What other news?
NaP, in the recent Daily Mail article re Sarah's travels during the past year there is a photo of her (giving the thumbs up) with the caption "Sotogrande, July this year". This photo was actually taken in Sotogrande in 2008 when she presented the cup at the polo final. I'm not sure if it's because of this photo that you mentioned her being in Spain last month.
I had read a few weeks back that their trip to Spain this year was right about now to celebrate Beatrice's birthday. On the plus side there is a Big Brother story in the papers almost daily, and I've noticed recently they have stopped naming Sarah when listing those rumoured to be involved.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Nobility

Sarah Sarah Ferguson

No.. I am not going on Big Brother. Never was asked and never would do it.

27 minutes ago

Sarah has just posted a message on her official twitter account to end those Big Brother rumours. Not sorry to read that.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Actually having Sarah on Big Brother would have been a right hoot. I would have actually watched it for a change.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Looked up her account on Twitter after a link as posted:

She wrote this:
SarahTheDuchess Sarah Ferguson
"One may defeat a thousand obstacles and adversaries, yet he who defeats the enemies within is the noblest victor" shakyamuni

My, my is this lady lineage-orientated... "Shakyamuni" is the "middle" name of the Buddha, who was Gautama (first name) Shakyamuni (family name - meaning "one of the noble family of the Shakyas) and then Buddha as his title - his name meaning Gautama, the wise/ enlightened man from the noble family of Shakya.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Sarah Sarah Ferguson

No.. I am not going on Big Brother. Never was asked and never would do it.

27 minutes ago

Sarah has just posted a message on her official twitter account to end those Big Brother rumours. Not sorry to read that.
Good news. Might've been more media speculation than anything else. I doubt Sarah would've ever considered something as low brow as that. Oprah comes calling, that is supposed to make you look good. Big Brother? :P

I amazed that she not only has SarahTheDuchess as her handle but then writes
Quote:
Proud mother of Princess Beatrice & Princess Eugenie. Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York is an author, producer and advocate for women and children everywhere.
in the bio. It's one thing not to correct others but that's blatant misuse of a title that isn't hers. What are the, if there are any, legal ramificatrions of something like that? Does anyone know?

Closed Thread