The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
My impression is that Andrew does realize that Sarah would be unsuitable as a royal wife.. I think Andrew takes a lot of pride in his royal status, as well as in his trade ambassador job...even to the point of arrogance at times. I remember an interview with him where he talked about his "pedigree" opening doors across the globe. And the Vanity Fair article suggests that Andrew doesn't want to remarry Sarah because he knows her weaknesses.

But...I think in private, Andrew really is attached to Sarah - he bent over backwards to help clear her debts, he still lets her live there, and when Beatrice was asked about her parents' relationship at the time of Andrew's 50th birthday, she said "they are the best of friends." At this point, I think Andrew must know as well as anyone that Sarah has blown her chances of re-entering the royal family "to hell". The problem is that he still supports her privately, and Sarah can't seem to tell the difference between his public and private support...

Actually, Sarah's reasoning doesn't make sense (no surprise here!) She says often enough that she doesn't think the royal family would want her back, but she's clearly fishing for a remarriage with Andrew. I just don't know what she expects: does she think Andrew will remarry her against the wishes of his whole family?

Also, I'm just curious...how would Sarah's financial status change if (by some wild combination of events) she managed to remarry Andrew? How much income would she have/did she have when married to Andrew (I'm sure Diarist has answered this elsewhere, but maybe it can be answered again? )

I must say I truly question the " we are the best of friends angle". Let's be real here. She cheated on him, Has shamed him & his family numerous times, basically tried to sell him on the black market for cash & seems to driven a wedge between him & his family call me crazy but that is not the acts of a " best friend" so with friends like that who needs enemies. I agree that parents should maintain a friendly relationship after a divorce their children are now young women who seem to have their feet firmly on the ground and are about to embark on an adult life of their own free of their parents. I somewhat think once those girls are off on their own he is done so she needs to save her money because this so called friendship is costing him way to much.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Administrator

What does any of this have to do with Sarah's Current Events?

Its sounds like a retread of Sarah's transgressions.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted going forward. Looks like its time for another clean up.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Well Sarah is not the first (nor will she be the last) to write more than one biography.

I think the issue for Sarah (at least for my standpoint) is the inaccuracies in her stores from book to book (one book its a happy childhood the next book not so happy with demanding and not supportive parents) but more importantly, she has publicized the book so much...is there anything new in there that you can't read in any of the many interviews or television shows. Not so much.

She would have been better off writing a self help book to show how she has progressed with her issues. The problem is she really hasn't.
I agree; by writing another autobiography, she has essentially cannibalized her own prior work.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Courtier

I went racing today at Ascot [see other thead] and I bumped into two old friends who told me that Sarah is apparently heading off shortly for what was described to me as 'her usual summer luxurious jaunt to the sun'. Andrew and the Princesses are going too....

I know no more details and anyway at this stage I am treating the whole thing as speculation; if it is true, then I am reminded of the novel Vanity Fair' and the chapter entitled ' How to live on nothing a year'........not bad to be contemplating a luxury holiday when you are apparently penniless......

Alex
Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Great tidbit, Diarist. Keep 'em coming. Speculation is fun.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
I went racing today at Ascot [see other thead] and I bumped into two old friends who told me that Sarah is apparently heading off shortly for what was described to me as 'her usual summer luxurious jaunt to the sun'. Andrew and the Princesses are going too....

I know no more details and anyway at this stage I am treating the whole thing as speculation; if it is true, then I am reminded of the novel Vanity Fair' and the chapter entitled ' How to live on nothing a year'........not bad to be contemplating a luxury holiday when you are apparently penniless......

Alex
I have always loved that chapter title, and yes, Sarah does seem to be the epitome of that statement.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Courtier

It amazes me how someone who says she has nothing is able to continue with the lifestyle that caused the problems in the first place. No doubt Andrew and the girls are paying but she would have expenses. This sort of thing doesn't help people like her or believe her. So far I haven't seen any changes from her guess the Oprah show didn't work so well except for lining her pockets. That is a great title and it could have been written for Sarah!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
It amazes me how someone who says she has nothing is able to continue with the lifestyle that caused the problems in the first place. No doubt Andrew and the girls are paying but she would have expenses. This sort of thing doesn't help people like her or believe her. So far I haven't seen any changes from her guess the Oprah show didn't work so well except for lining her pockets. That is a great title and it could have been written for Sarah!
Well, of course the Oprah show couldn't work for Sarah.
That would prevent her from participating in another future project to showcase her desire to remarry Andrew and to whinge and whine about how all the terrible decisions SHE has made are "not" her fault!

You and Alex are SO right about that title, though.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
What expenses? Andrew would pay for everything aside form whatever souvenirs she might want to buy. Anyone else getting the scent of a big, quickly burning, pile of money? Smells like.... $300,000.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Courtier

I was thinking of new outfits for the holiday things like that. I don't really think Sarah needs an excuse to spend money and I doubt there would be much of Oprah's left it was several months ago she would have got it.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Duchess of York clears debts thanks to 'knight on white charger' Andrew - Telegraph

Sarah Ferguson said last month that she was in danger of going bankrupt, but has now announced that her 2 million debts have been cleared.

Describing her ex-husband as a knight on a "white charger", she said he came to her rescue as she paid off in full the sums she owed following a number of failed business deals.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:32 AM
Majesty

I suppose this is how she can afford to go on another trip.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:46 AM
Courtier

I do find this a sad story. However, again a tale of someone who married a Prince, is now divorced and has to try and make a new life. Fergie will always be Andrews ex-wife just like Chelsey will always be Harry's e-girlfriend. When you become the "ex" it must be difficult to get life back on track... and possibly find a decent job. So yes a sad case but obviously Andrew has a great sense of responsibility towards Fergie. However, one would think that by now Andrew would have helped Fergie to get "on track" without the countless spending. A bail out followed by a luxury holiday is hardly appropriate.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Serene Highness

This woman is really "workin it" with all her accolades directed at Andrew. I wonder if he gets that she is trying to reel him back in. As to the lavish lifestyle she lived as a royal .... it didn't happen because of lavish amounts of money, it happened because of lavish amounts of debt. Five million in debts even then??? Sarah doesn't seem to realize that the idea of a lavish lifestyle is that you pay for what you buy......
Old 07-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Courtier

It is becoming very obvious that Sarah wants back in the Royal Family. If she was happy with the way things are we wouldn't be constantly told the wonderfulness of Andrew as we have of late. Sarah hasn't learn't anything Andrew bailed her out she gets to live in a wonderful house and is going to be on yet another great vacation. It makes you wonder how she paid back a couple of million when she didn't earn anywhere near that! I do wonder about taxes and things. It won't be long and we will hear she is in debt again cause no one seems to be able to refuse her great sums of credit and Andrew rescues her!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Courtier

I completely agree with both of you, Princess of Durham & Meadow.

According to the National Enquirer here, Prince Andrew has been begging mumsy to invite Sarah to events that he and the girls attend, and according to their sources, she's agreed to observe Sarah's behaviour to decide whether to permit this or not. I would guess this is Sarah's first salvo in the battle to get back into the Royal fold.

It's so pathetically obvious. I mean, IMO, so what if she comes back in and attends events? The problem will arise when she starts cashing in - yet again! - on that attendance, to give her that Royal reflective glow.

I was thinking last night that Sarah is like a lottery winner. She hit the jackpot, marrying Andrew, but then figured that the initial "hit" of good fortune was going to be a regular occurrence, which of course it's not. Then she divorced him and hit another jackpot! Money money money! But once again, she mistook the influxes of cash for cash flow, which is an entirely different concept.

She keeps looking for that next jackpot but doesn't realize that it is that, a series of one-time jackpots. Having exhausted her lottery tickets, she's going back to punch the one that started it all.....good ole Andrew, the ultimate "Plan B."

She should just be honest and put out a press release saying "I want back in. Please call 1-900-GET-ROYAL to vote me back in the island. $2.00 per call."
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
This woman is really "workin it" with all her accolades directed at Andrew. I wonder if he gets that she is trying to reel him back in. As to the lavish lifestyle she lived as a royal .... it didn't happen because of lavish amounts of money, it happened because of lavish amounts of debt. Five million in debts even then??? Sarah doesn't seem to realize that the idea of a lavish lifestyle is that you pay for what you buy......
I wonder why he doesn't require her to stop talking about him and announcing his financial help a condition of his bailouts?
Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm bored with the Andy-Fergie saga.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fascinator View Post
I wonder why he doesn't require her to stop talking about him and announcing his financial help a condition of his bailouts?
That's an excellent question. By not stopping it, or commenting on it, he is implying that what she says is true.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

In the Hello piece she says she 'isn't there enough to shop.' Meaning London and England. She is usually in America or in Europe. So she hires a stylist for Beatrice? What evidence is there of Bea having a brand new sense of fantastic taste? So much Fergie fiction and almost no reality.

Closed Thread