The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Yes. But can she? Every interview I've seen excerpted thus far seems to be a continuation of the "victim" world. Which is sad, because this is a person who has chosen her new emotional zip code and intends to reside in it permanently.
I agree. That seems to be the big challenge here. And it is sad that she seems to have already written herself off, as though she has nothing else to offer and has given up, if you will.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Courtier

Do we know why the book keeps getting rejected? It can't be fine if three publishers have turned it down. Someone published her biography and if they even passed then there must be an issue with it. She has the money from Oprah so she can afford a night out by herself. The next few months will show if she really has changed. I think the press will keep an eye on her overspending etc. I read an article from last year and she shouldn't need to shop for anything for a long time!

Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Has anyone heard how her new biography is selling?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Do we know why the book keeps getting rejected? It can't be fine if three publishers have turned it down. Someone published her biography and if they even passed then there must be an issue with it. She has the money from Oprah so she can afford a night out by herself. The next few months will show if she really has changed. I think the press will keep an eye on her overspending etc. I read an article from last year and she shouldn't need to shop for anything for a long time!
We are still in a recession. IMO, Fergie has worn out her Duchess of York mantle and her books no longer sell like they used to. I would imagine they (the publishing houses)are taking a very hard look at the profitability line and find it lacking with Sarah.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
Has anyone heard how her new biography is selling?
Well according to the NY Time for 7/10/2011 it's not even in the top 35.
Best Sellers - The New York Times
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Yes. But can she? Every interview I've seen excerpted thus far seems to be a continuation of the "victim" world. Which is sad, because this is a person who has chosen her new emotional zip code and intends to reside in it permanently.
I haven't seen that. In a recent interview I saw she was upbeat and jazzed - on cruise control into her future. Or do you mean excerpts from the series 'Finding Sarah'? If that is what you are referring to that is her past already. In that there is quite a process that goes forward there with her and some of it is harrowing - or would be for the person undergoing it. But honestly, as I say, in an interview I saw with her a couple of weeks ago - she seems to have turned a corner - and she credits the process she underwent for it. One can only hope for the best for her - but it looks like she is on her way no matter what people think of her.

What was interesting was to find out that Sarah was actually self supporting prior to the recent scandal. I was surprised given the impression created here and elsewhere, in the media, etc. The news media is making out that there were debts, but I'm not sure it was anything different from what others were experiencing post-2008. Its been since the scandal, when her income dried up as a result, that she has been plunged into serious debt.

This is one lady who cannot do anything right, its looking like, in the view of some. Britain is like an extended-family-from-hello for her. Fortunate for her there is a place like the US where no matter one's past, there's always hope for the industrious - and Sarah is certainly that!

I'm pulling for her - I hope she is able to do exactly what it is she is dreaming for herself. I suspect she'll get there. She's got moxie!
Old 07-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
We are still in a recession. IMO, Fergie has worn out her Duchess of York mantle and her books no longer sell like they used to. I would imagine they (the publishing houses)are taking a very hard look at the profitability line and find it lacking with Sarah.
She's very much so becoming old news in regards to marketability and she has nothing new to bring ot the table except another scandal, one worse than the next.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Majesty

During the 80s, there was a time when people liked Sarah more than they liked Diana. Diana was seen as an over-polished clothes-horse by some after Sarah came along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakieanne View Post
I saw Sarah years ago when Andrew and Sarah came to Winnipeg on a State visit. There was a huge crowd and everyone loved her...she was so friendly and happy. She had it all.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Majesty

Does anyone know who her genuine friends are? She strikes me as a somewhat lonely person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
She has alot of good things going on: the support of her ex, two seemingly well-adjusted daughters who love her, family, and I'm sure some sincere friends.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Does anyone know who her genuine friends are? She strikes me as a somewhat lonely person.
What I find disturbing is how it seems that Beatrice mothers Sarah rather than the other way around. Just the fact that Sarah's publicist texted Beatrice about the "access for money" scandal to notify her of the story breaking, instead of texting Sarah herself, well, to me that says a lot.

The two York Princesses both looked highly uncomfortable to me on the premiere of Sarah's OWN series. It is touching to see how much they love their mother, but somehow I just keep getting the impression that all of them from Andrew to the girls take care of Sarah to an unusual degree in a familial context. Just my opinion.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
During the 80s, there was a time when people liked Sarah more than they liked Diana. Diana was seen as an over-polished clothes-horse by some after Sarah came along.
I remember that time well. It lasted from Sarah's engagement to Prince Andrew and ended with Sarah leaving six-week-old Beatrice to go to Australia and meet up with Prince Andrew.

I also remember Diana trying to be more like Sarah; poking friends in the bottom with umbrellas, dressing up like police women on Andrew's stag party night, fooling around when the two couples met up at Klosters, etc. I think in Morton, Diana comments that she realised that she couldn't keep up this behaviour and that is when she began concentrating on more serious issues. Her clothes became more serious, her charities received more time and attention and she built a new image to replace the clothes horse.

Unfortunately, Sarah just went from bad to worse. Poking a friend in the bum at Ascot has nothing on affairs with Texans, etc. I wish Sarah had a little voice in her head that would let her know, "you're going too far, Duchess". Maybe she does have it but chooses not to listen.

I honestly believe she is hell bent on remarrying Prince Andrew and I believe it will eventually happen when certain key persons at BP are no longer there. At least it would keep her off of reality television and maybe the Household could reign her in if Prince Andrew backs them up this time.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Majesty

Agreed and I fear what affect this might have on the marriages of Beatrice and Eugenie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
It is touching to see how much they love their mother, but somehow I just keep getting the impression that all of them from Andrew to the girls take care of Sarah to an unusual degree in a familial context.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Agreed and I fear what affect this might have on the marriages of Beatrice and Eugenie.
You're right; Dave Clark has been dating Beatrice for quite a few years and she is just graduating university. A common time for an engagement, especially for a lady. But one just has to wonder if he is thinking that he'd be marrying Sarah along with Beatrice. I also get the impression that while Sarah leans on both her girls, Beatrice bears the brunt of it.

Someone mentioned that if Sarah didn't live with Prince Andrew, she could live with Beatrice at her SJP flat. I hope that never comes to pass! I don't think Prince Andrew would allow it, either.

I've read a bit of her new biography and from just the little I read, the message of wanting to get back with Andrew and the BRF comes through loud and clear. She even discusses her jealousy (!) of Andrew's dates. As if he can have a serious relationship while he's staring at his ex-wife over the morning tea and toast!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I honestly believe she is hell bent on remarrying Prince Andrew and I believe it will eventually happen when certain key persons at BP are no longer there. At least it would keep her off of reality television and maybe the Household could reign her in if Prince Andrew backs them up this time.
Might it be that Andrew is in love with her, too? Might it be that there is a whole personal world/life being lived there that no one can see, that is not being advertised, laid bare for the media to explore? An idea. Not saying there is but its clear that the feelings in that connection are not one-sided.

She seems like someone who has made tons of connections. She's a business woman and has had some reverses - like a Donald Trump who is always on the verge of financial collapse - but I am sure she has friends - Oprah wouldn't have extended herself without there being friends on Sarah's side. She's okay.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:11 AM
Majesty

I wonder how much they actually see of each other? Royal Lodge is a big place, and they both seem to travel a fair bit.

Quote:
As if he can have a serious relationship while he's staring at his ex-wife over the morning tea and toast!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Let's stay focused on Sarah's actual Current Events.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 AM
Courtier

That was before all those endless scandals she started getting involved in.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Sarah, Duchess of York and Princess Eugenie out and about, London, July 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Do we know why the book keeps getting rejected? It can't be fine if three publishers have turned it down.

Track record?
Her Little Red children's books were a disaster, hardly sold any copies. The initial Budgie books were the most successful, I believe, but she was still married when those were first published. And even then, there were all those accusations of plagiarism.

I think perhaps publishers think the profit margin wouldn't justify the production costs.

(A biography would be bound to do better, since it would include information about other famous people).
Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Sarah, Duchess of York and Princess Eugenie out and about, London, July 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Why is Eugenie doing so strange with keeping her hand before her mouth?

Closed Thread