The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
I -ME - MOI? Like majority of people, I haven't made that MANY mistakes and the ones I may have made are no way as bigs as hers.

Guilt also brings the loved ones to try to protect any poor-little-thing.
I have said that very thing myself on this board and have been disagreed with. Pulling a guilt can be a powerful thing. She has been pulling a guilt trip in overdrive on the 3 people she claims to " Love".

Old 07-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Nobility

Andrew is too much like her to begin with so leading him by the ring isn't such an issue. As for the girls, I think it's more blind loyalty than guilt tripping, though their comments about not watching the NOtW video tells you that they're avoiding the worst of it. Hard to defend someone when you see them committing the crime.

Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I agree that the press certainly has not given Sarah fair "press". On the other hand, she is the one who has gone on various television programs and aired her laundry and especially this Oprah Winfrey show. She is the one doing this to herself and IMO, it does reflect badly on the family virtually by association ... and she certainly is the one doing the "associating".
yes i agree too
Old 07-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Andrew is too much like her to begin with so leading him by the ring isn't such an issue. As for the girls, I think it's more blind loyalty than guilt tripping, though their comments about not watching the NOtW video tells you that they're avoiding the worst of it. Hard to defend someone when you see them committing the crime.
Whatever the case it's just sad to be either blind or allowed to be lead around by the nose.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As for the press houding Diana - no - the press only write what the public will buy - in the 80s and 90s the public bought their stories about Diana and so they continued to write them - the people who hounded Diana to her death were Diana's own fans.

These days the press know that stories that show Sarah as a wastrel will also sell - and those who loathe Sarah will buy those stories (often the fans of Diana who think that they are doing what Diana would have wanted) and so Sarah is being hounded - not by her fans but by those who dislike her.

I don't blame the press but those who buy what the press produces - they and they alone are responsible for the death of Diana and the constant negative stories about Sarah (except for the actual actions but things like - she goes shopping but she is broke - with no evidence that she actually bought anything but she went into expensive shops - so do I - but I can't afford to buy anything in them so I don't but that doesn't mean I don't like looking in them.).

I'm going to completely contradict myself here...ooopps - Okay to a point I agree with you, if people didn't buy the papers then the photographers couldn't sell the pictures. However I think it's fair to say that at least 80% of those type of papers sold, would still be sold regardless of the pictures (I mean the regular readers). Maybe I'm wrong but I think it's only a small percentage of ppl buy a particular or diffirent paper because of the picture on the cover. Papers, magazines, and other publications I mean.

However I do still feel the press hounded her to death. The fact is she was chased very dangerously in a crazy car chase. I personally believe that if you drink and drive and cause an accident you are completely responsible (I still have doubts as to whether Diana's driver was really drinking or not), however I also believe that if you get into a car chase, and drive so crazy and cause a crash, then you are responsible for that crash.

I do feel very strongly that those who were pursuing Diana's car got away with murder, they were crazy, insane and caused the deaths of 3 people. It's shameful to me that they all walked free without any blame.

Sorry I know the topic of this conversation isn't Sarah Ferguson, I just needed to clarify what I meant by Diana being hounded to death by the press.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

i am sorry i haven't followed this thread so far but I wish there was an option to see a sequence of finding sarah though.. but haven t found it anywhere available for europe.. did you? thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
Many thanks for taking the time to post the link.
Like you said earlier, very distasteful, disrespectful, insensitive and just totally unnecessary.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just because Sarah has made mistakes doesn't mean she should be wished dead. Whatever mistakes she has made and no matter how embarrassed some people are by her, I am sure her daughters would rather have her with them, then lying in the cold ground in the middle of an island.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
i am sorry i haven't followed this thread so far but I wish there was an option to see a sequence of finding sarah though.. but haven t found it anywhere available for europe.. did you? thanks!
Finding Sarah is not supposed to air in Europe until sometime around the fall...it should be televised in Europe at least by the end of the year:)
Old 07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravine View Post

I do feel very strongly that those who were pursuing Diana's car got away with murder, they were crazy, insane and caused the deaths of 3 people. It's shameful to me that they all walked free without any blame.

Sorry I know the topic of this conversation isn't Sarah Ferguson, I just needed to clarify what I meant by Diana being hounded to death by the press.
In my opinion, Diana was not hounded to death by the press. That implies an innocence that did not exist. Diana played with the press. Last I looked the press do not carry weapons or cause you harm. Running from them is a voluntary act - for whatever reason - and it is very likely she could have left the hotel without anyone knowing. When they got into the car, the press were already on to them - the jig was up. What they did next was of their own volition.

I think the press hounded her, yes. Hounding her to death is a melodramatic notion. She died in a tragic accident, sadly and unfortunately. By making her a martyr that died on the paparazzi cross we diminish her own culpability and demonize a profession that only exists because people like us are so interested in the affairs of public people that we will buy and discuss the products produced by said photographers.

Was it right that they chased her? No. Was it murder? No.

Off topic, I know - I apologize.

I agree with the idea that Sarah is being hounded by the press because "Sarah screws up again" sells papers. They would stop if she would stop. She courts publicity but doesn't want any bad press. These are not mutually compatible goals.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Courtier

If Sarah stopped doing such stupid things the press wouldn't have any ammunition. But she gives interviews saying such things as she is broke then get pictured on a first class holiday or shopping or out at dinner at one of the most expensive places. Maybe she could do something truly selfless and good only problem is that with Sarah there always has to be something in it for her. The press didn't make up the affairs, the selling of Andrew and all the other things she has done over the years. Now with Finding Sarah and the untruths she states in the show for better viewing she has given the press even more ammunition. When it shows over there I expect them to really go to town on her! Let's not forget the new biography which tells a very different story then the first one she wrote especially in regards to her once wonderful mother. Sarah needs to stop giving interviews and get a real job and move out of Andrews' place. How can anyone respect someone who shows no problem with leeching off their ex husband and children instead of making her own life and standing on her own two feet. Sarah brings the bad press onto herself!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Diana did play with the press, but that does not excuse them chasing after her at speeds way over the limit. If they wouldn't have been chasing her, they would have had no reason to run. That is like a robber not taking the blame for chasing someone over a cliff. "Well if she hadn't have run away from me, she wouldn't have fell and died." Papparazzi need to stop chasing people in freakin cars, because it is not only dangerous to that person, but to those on the streets as well.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-03-2011, 12:57 AM
Serene Highness

Not to mention that their driver was DRUNK.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:01 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
Part 2 [Sorry for this length]

look out for the utube video of Sarah telling the 'fake sheikh' ' I'm an aristo, a true aristo and I just love it......'
A real "aristo" would never be so utterly déclassé as to say anything of the sort. "Aristocratic" is the last thing this truly pathetic woman is...
Old 07-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
Sarah needs to stop giving interviews and get a real job and move out of Andrews' place. How can anyone respect someone who shows no problem with leeching off their ex husband and children instead of making her own life and standing on her own two feet. Sarah brings the bad press onto herself!

I keep hearing that she needs to get a job - but she has no skills that an employer would want.

She hasn't got a work history - she hasn't modern skills for office work - she isn't employable except as a media personality - because that is all she has done to earn money over the last 1/4 century.

If Andrew wants to ensure that the mother of his children has a place to live then that is his lookout and no criticism should be made for that sort of care.

Sarah hasn't a home - hasn't the money to buy one - or an income to rent one - so options - live with Andrew or Beatrice (she has her own apartment in St James' Palace) or live on the streets. That would really be embarassing for the monarch - 'mother of monarch's grandchildren living on the street' great headlines those.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Rennie

A real "aristo" would never be so utterly déclassé as to say anything of the sort. "Aristocratic" is the last thing this truly pathetic woman is...

I disagree 'Duchess' Rennie -
By your post should one assume you are without sin?
Old 07-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Administrator

Please note that several posts have been moved to the following thread Options for Sarah to recover from the 'Cash for Access' scandal . In addition, off topic posts about Oprah and personal attacks have been deleted.

Please treat your fellow members (even those who have a different opinion than you) with respect.

Let's get back on topic with Sarah's Current Events.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 07-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Courtier

I wonder how long until Fergie gets into another mess. I know a lot of people on here are supportive, but really, this isn't helping her at all. This is actually going to end up making her look like even more of a flake and I wonder when the next interview comes along and what it will contain. She seems to settle odwn, do well, mess up her finances, and then ends up in some scandal caused by her need ot make money to finance a lifestyle she can't afford.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Serene Highness

I know that a lot of you don't like Sarah and never did. But to me, her behaviour these days is noticeably worse than in the past. Some of her recent interviews have made me cringe (and the previews from her latest memoir were just dreadful). It's like Sarah had a filter before, however rough. There were some things she just didn't say, in public, at least. She talked about her regrets, her mother leaving for Argentina, but she always spoke well of the royal family and her mother, whatever they had done to her. But after the cash-for-access scandal, it's like she lost that filter. Now, every interview is about what a victim she is, how badly wronged she was. No "but I shouldn't complain because I've had a privileged life, I can do this or that for charity, etc." It's all Sarah moaning about her troubles.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:52 AM
Courtier

I wonder if she's becoming unhinged. She's lashing out at everyone around her now.

Closed Thread