The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printemps View Post
Agreed. But the bitter and quite unseemly irony of this dislike for "public therapy" (disregarding the fact that she might genuinely need it) is that all those people who enjoy spitting venom against her (check the comments section of any newspaper these days) obviously are blind to the fact that THEY are indulging in a VERY public form of "therapy", of the basest and most unproductive kind, at the expense of another human being who, on top of everything, is exposed to the eyes of the world - while they are sitting behind their computer screens.

I do not understand this lack of "forgiveness" towards her (I have put the term in quotation marks because there is nothing for anyone unrelated to her TO forgive). She not Myra Hindley, for heaven's sake!

I feel I should add that I am no fan of Sarah; I don't even like her much... or at all (for strictly personal reasons).
But I'd rather be dead than ever to fall prey to such total and callous lack of basic human empathy.

Thank you. I have spoken. :)
I think you make sme very important points here about empathy, or the lack thereof. And as someone who, by your own admission, doesn't like Sarah on a personal level, your argument has far more force than it would from someone like myself. As you say, the comments on newspaper comments sections seem to be representative of human nature at it's worst.
The contributors on this site, I'm pleased to say, even those who are negative towards Sarah, do so with a sense of intelligence and logical
consistency that puts the debate on a different level. But I think that, without wanting to offend anybody, there is a certain lack of empathy in evidence in many people's arguments.
Personally, I really do believe that 'Finding Sarah' can be a form of catharsis for her, as well as a relaunch of the brand. And I don't see the problem with the two elements being combined.

http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 06-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Royal Highness

I've always liked Sarah. She was my favorite member of the BRF. But when a person makes mistakes, admits to the mistakes, apologizes for the mistake, and yet continues to make more of the same mistakes or similar mistakes, I tend to lose my sympathy/empathy for that person. If Sarah knows what she did was wrong, why is she continueing to do it? She will continue to trade on her "connection" to the Royal Fam because it's all she has that is successful in generating an income for her, and it feeds her need for attention/approval. Why should I have sympathy/empathy for her if I feel what she is doing is wrong?

Old 06-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Do you think Suze, Oprah and Phil truly like her as a person, or see her as just a cash cow(no pun intended) for the struggling OWN?

I shudder to think what they say about her behind her back.
If I was Oprah I would be very careful about a friend like Sarah. She can easily act as a loose cannon. I'm afraid they might be helping her out of pity (while making a little bot of money for them in the way).
Old 06-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

Whatever, I know I will be watching "Finding Sarah" tonight, for better or worse!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Whatever, I know I will be watching "Finding Sarah" tonight, for better or worse!

I am just glad it's about to come on in about 10 mins so they can stop playing the promo!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Serene Highness

Those who will be able to watch: don't forget to comment!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Aristocracy

(I started a thread to discuss the issues that arise from the comments Sarah makes in her documentary/ interviews that don't really have to do with Sarah's current events, per se but will provide for great discussion. )

I'm watching live if anyone has inquiries, either here or there.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
If I was Oprah I would be very careful about a friend like Sarah. She can easily act as a loose cannon. I'm afraid they might be helping her out of pity (while making a little bot of money for them in the way).
If anyone has got to be careful it's Sarah. Oprah is in charge, she has the money and orders things to be shot for more drama. You can only hope the woman doesn't go too far but you never know. I'll be watching in an hour.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 AM
Courtier

I'm really looking forward to hearing people's opinions. Incidentally, the weekend newspapers in the UK were carrying stories reports that Sarah is concerned that she gave the impression that she was abused by her mother because she is now claiming that she was not abused etc. I have to confess, I am getting a bit confused by all this: i.e. whether Sarah did claim she was abused, denies it and is now 'backpedalling' furiously, or whether Sarah is saying that she neve claimed she was abused and was misrepresented, either by the editing of 'Finding Sarah' or newspaper reports of the same.....

Thank you in advance for any help those of you who are viewing the documentary can give.

Diarist
Old 06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Arrival and departure at/from the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" studios on June 14:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** zimbio 1 ** zimbio 2 **
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Sarah did say those things but now says they were taken out of context. Not sure how she thought they would be taken. Problem with Sarah as someone already pointed out is she continues to make the same sorts of mistakes and really only says she is sorry if she is caught out. I don't think this show is going to do anything for her. They don't really seem to get into the whole mess she made with selling access to Andrew cause she doesn't want to talk about it! Sarah seems to blame everyone and is looking for an excuse for her bad behaviour that way next time she does something stupid she can fall back on whatever Dr Phil can come up with for her. Even he tells her at some point she has to tell the truth. I don't buy she is really sorry why would she be? The press have always had a go at her but other then that, she lives in a big house with servants, goes on first class holidays, has shopping sprees we can only dream off all while being bankrupt or close too. Andrew and the girls all enable her to do the things she does and she seems not to listen to anybody which you would think by now she would know was a huge mistake. This won't get the Royal Family to let her back into the fold anytime soon especially now she has gotten her daughters to make an appearance. Neither girl look that thrilled to be there. Sarah is a grown woman of 50 plus who needs to grow up and instead of looking for excuses start actually doing something for others not just the good PR it gives her. I've watched Sarah for many years and her own self pity is just sickening and I believe it would take a lot more then this unreality show that Oprah actually considered too boring so they had to reshoot several parts so Sarah could spice things up. She does say she regrets getting divorced but then she bought that on herself too and she hasn't done that badly out of it either. Still got to live in a big house with maids, nannies, chefs etc, girls went to private school and still had amazing holidays with both parents. I know some real single mothers and Sarah calling herself one is an insult to them. Sarah just makes me crazy she has so much but doesn't seem to truly appreciate it or be grateful. She could do amazing things if she stopped being so self absorbed.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Nobility

I hope it's OK to put this in Sarah's thread.

How do all we all think the ladies were looking at Elton's John Charity Ball tonight? I give a big thumbs up
Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Majesty

I thought that the three of them looked terrific. Had Sarah worn that gown before? Am I correct in thinking that Eugenie has lost some weight?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Nobility

I hope it's OK to put this in Sarah's thread.

How do we all think the ladies were look at Elton John's charity ball tonight?
I give them a big thumbs up.

http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResul...507757&s=sarah ferguson&sfld=C&vwmd=e
Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I thought that the three of them looked terrific. Had Sarah worn that gown before? Am I correct in thinking that Eugenie has lost some weight?
They all looked simply wonderful and I do think Eugenie has lost some weight. She looks amazing in that shade of red. Sarah Burton looks well on her way to becoming a young, female, BRF favourite!

Sarah, Duchess of York looked so elegant, too. She always looks good when she keeps things understated. Beatrice was every bit as much a winner of the fashion stakes as her mum and sister.

The Yorks did Britannia proud tonight! How lovely to see!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

The three York ladies look stunning tonight
Old 06-24-2011, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

They did look good but the show stealers were Liz Hurley and her cricket lover Shane Warne (who appears to have had a facelift, yuk!)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...38_634x762.jpg
Elizabeth Hurley and Shane Warne make their red carpet debut at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball | Mail Online
Old 06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
They all looked simply wonderful and I do think Eugenie has lost some weight. She looks amazing in that shade of red. Sarah Burton looks well on her way to becoming a young, female, BRF favourite!

The red dress for Elton John's party was by Vivienne Westwood (Eugenie seems to love her); it was the Ascot dress that was by Sarah Burton.

The Westwood design was much more flattering, imo, because of the way the skirt was draped. (I thought she looked like she was going to burst out of the Ascot dress, it was so tight).

All three women looked very well, although when I see them posed like that, I get the uncomfortable feeling that once again, Sarah is exploiting her daughters for her own benefit, clinging to them like a limpet to enhance her social status and play to the cameras.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They did look good but the show stealers were Liz Hurley and her cricket lover Shane Warne (who appears to have had a facelift, yuk!)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/...38_634x762.jpg
Elizabeth Hurley and Shane Warne make their red carpet debut at Elton John's White Tie and Tiara Ball | Mail Online
Read that Sarah was wearing a gown from Escada. Wondered who paid for that!!
Old 06-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Serene Highness

Wow Liz Hurley's boyfriend looks totally freaky!!!!!!

Closed Thread