Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's basically saying "I need a pension plan!" And Andrew is her pension plan.

I agree that she may be doing this all to get the BRF to take "pity" on her and give her all she desires, but since she had it all and spoilt it herself, why should/would/could they?

The York girls have already been provided for.

I wish Sarah peace of mind and heart but I don't see this TV thing as being the roadmap to get there.

In every account of the divorce I have read, it's that SARAH pushed for both the separation and the divorce. HM the Queen is said to have wept and urged her to reconsider...but she would not.

I think she was in the middle of her affair with that Steve Wyatt guy and she thought she was going to have both her freedom and access to all the Wyatt $$$$..but it all blew up in her face in spectacular fashion.:ermm:

So she ended up with no Andrew, no home, and none of the security and protection the Royal house could have afforded her.

For her to moan and complain about how things worked out...even allegedly under hypnosis...is just really beyond irritating.

Last edited:
In every account of the divorce I have read, it's that SARAH pushed for both the separation and the divorce. HM the Queen is said to have wept and urged her to reconsider...but she would not.

I think she was in the middle of her affair with that Steve Wyatt guy and she thought she was going to have her freedom and access to all the Wyatt $$$$..but it all blew up in her face in spectacular fashion.:ermm:

So she ended up with no Andrew, no home, and none of the security and protection the Royal house could have provided her.

For her to moan and complain about how things worked out...even allegedly under hypnosis...is just really beyond irritating.

Let the church say amen!!:clap:

Seriously? The Queen wept? For some reason, I am having trouble picturing the Queen weeping over an impending divorce. No doubt it was upsetting but did the Queen like Sarah so much that she was driven to tears at the thought of a divorce? I have read that the Queen was very fond of Sarah at the start of Sarah and Andrew's married life but I have never read that the Queen wept over the divorce.

Exactly....can we provide sources of the Queen weeping? If not, its just speculative.

Seriously? The Queen wept? For some reason, I am having trouble picturing the Queen weeping over an impending divorce. No doubt it was upsetting but did the Queen like Sarah so much that she was driven to tears at the thought of a divorce? I have read that the Queen was very fond of Sarah at the start of Sarah and Andrew's married life but I have never read that the Queen wept over the divorce.

Well, going on the favorite son angle and the marriage's more natural creation (compared to Charles having marriage more or less jammed down his throat by his father) it is possible that she became emotional at the thought of them breaking up.

I have read it in so many books I cannot remember which one. It was smack dab in the middle of the notorious "Annus Horribilis" and the Morton book and Wales scandal had just broken and the poor woman(the Queen) had had enough.

It's definitely NOT just speculative.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that she wept...she was fond of Sarah at one point and she is only human after all. :sad:

No one is not saying that she isn't fond of Sarah. That has pretty much been established and frankly, its been established that Sarah also holds the Queen in high regards (to some extent although her recent actions can make one question it).

But to hear that the Queen wept (not saying that she couldn't) well,honestly it sounds like poetic license from a Christopher Andersen or Kitty Kelley novel. And they know this how? They are so off most times in their books (the Queen asking William if it was true that he and Kate had gotten back together, in the corner of BP holding on to her purse...I mean really!) that anything that is written by them, always makes me look at it sideways.

I did not mean to dispute your recollection; it is just, to me at least, that the Queen keeps her emotions in check and I find it hard to reconcile her weeping with what I have read about her. I know that she is quite warm and witty in person but I never knew her to shed tears.

I've watched just a part of Oprah's show and I am sorry,but I really do not understand Sarah .She is not very young anymore,at her age she continues to do this show.She has been doing this embarassing stuff for nearly 30 years.If anyone remembers her scandalous photos,the book where she said she got foot warts from Diana...
She embarasses her girls with this kind of behaviour.Why would William want her on his wedding?She is going on complaining....
Maybe she keeps on hoping to get her family or post back...
This is just my modest opinion

I did not mean to dispute your recollection; it is just, to me at least, that the Queen keeps her emotions in check and I find it hard to reconcile her weeping with what I have read about her. I know that she is quite warm and witty in person but I never knew her to shed tears.

Kind of the issue with the business like Queen that we see, kinda forget that there is a human being in there. If she did is open to debate but I don't think it's hard to believe once you put the Queen's public persona out of your head.

No one is not saying that she isn't fond of Sarah. That has pretty much been established and frankly, its been established that Sarah also holds the Queen in high regards (to some extent although her recent actions can make one question it).

But to hear that the Queen wept (not saying that she couldn't) well,honestly it sounds like poetic license from a Christopher Andersen or Kitty Kelley novel. And they know this how? They are so off most times in their books (the Queen asking William if it was true that he and Kate had gotten back together, in the corner of BP holding on to her purse...I mean really!) that anything that is written by them, always makes me look at it sideways.

ITA that both Andersen and Kelley are both a not very funny joke...and I cannot recall if I read it in one of their works.

But I have read almost every article and book regarding Sarah/Andrew because at one time they were my favorite couple, and I did indeed read that HM wept at the news of yet another marital failure in her family in that horrible year, and I read it MORE than once.

Whether it is true or not, I have no idea. But I personally have no difficulty at all believing that it is.

Last edited:
Anne and Mark had divorced already, The War of the Walses was going on, and then Sarah wanted a divorce. I don't doubt that HM wept. That would wear anyone down.:ermm:

She wept publicly at the decommissoning of the Britiannia, and she wept when she visited Dunblane after the massacre of the schoolchildren there; and those were public occasions. I have no doubt that she occasionally weeps in private.

Granted, the Queen sheds tears at time; after all, she is only human. I guess I did not make my point clear enough. If she did weep at the failure of the Yorks' marriage, who do you think were present when she wept? I would imagine only members of the family would be a witness to this, or maybe the most intimate of the household staff. Do you think one of the family or household blabbed?

I think that any staff member or member of the household could have noticed and mentioned it. I doubt that an immediate member of the family would have talked about it--unless it was Sarah herself. I seem to recall a story from a footman (Stephen Barry, perhaps? or Paul Burrell?) about HM weeping after coming home from an official event. She was still in her jewels and evening dress.

Granted, the Queen sheds tears at time; after all, she is only human. I guess I did not make my point clear enough. If she did weep at the failure of the Yorks' marriage, who do you think were present when she wept? I would imagine only members of the family would be a witness to this, or maybe the most intimate of the household staff. Do you think one of the family or household blabbed?

Back on topic. Any opinions on Sarah's look at the Butterfly Ball?

OMG...now that you mention it I think it WAS Sarah...in that book "My Story" ...is one of the places I read it.

It would be like her to be so indiscreet..I'll try to dig the book out of my closet this week and confirm it for sure. :ermm:

Vita...do you mean her black and white evening gown? I thought the dress did not fit her properly and was unflattering...but it was a chic gown nonetheless.

I liked the dress on her and her hair but I thought the colors black and white did not look right on her complexion and with that particular style.

OMG...now that you mention it I think it WAS Sarah...in that book "My Story" ...is one of the places I read it.

It would be like her to be so indiscreet..I'll try to dig the book out of my closet this week and confirm it for sure. :ermm:

Vita...do you mean her black and white evening gown? I thought the dress did not fit her properly and was unflattering...but it was a chic gown nonetheless.

Moonmaiden,

If this was recounted by Sarah, and let's assume for the sake of argument that Sarah was not making it up, this may have been the straw which broke the camel's back and caused the Queen to turn away from Sarah after being so fond of her previously. I think the Queen dislikes the members of the family and retainers being indiscreet and airing dirty laundry in public, not to mention disclosing personal and confidential matters as well.

Last edited:

That, I believe, is a Marchesa gown which she wore at the beginning of last month to a Marchesa event in Toronto. It fit her better then; I think she's looking a bit rougher at the moment.

So yes, Vasillisos Markos & Moonmaiden, if Sarah in fact wrote that the Queen "wept" at the York divorce in her book, then I agree it could well have been the beginning of permafrost from the BRF. Again making the assumption that Sarah is telling the truth - always a rather large caveat - it's the height of indiscretion to discuss that publicly. Not just discuss - to profit from it. Reminds me of this latest with Andrew, and Sarah's claims of Andrew's feelings, and her intent to profit from telling what should not be told.

It's terribly overdramatic to boot.

So yes, Vasillisos Markos & Moonmaiden, if Sarah in fact wrote that the Queen "wept" at the York divorce in her book, then I agree it could well have been the beginning of permafrost from the BRF. Again making the assumption that Sarah is telling the truth - always a rather large caveat - it's the height of indiscretion to discuss that publicly. Not just discuss - to profit from it. Reminds me of this latest with Andrew, and Sarah's claims of Andrew's feelings, and her intent to profit from telling what should not be told.

It's terribly overdramatic to boot.

Sarah did not write that the Queen wept. I have the book, My Story, and she didn't discuss the Queen's reaction to the actual divorce at all. Sarah does mention the Queen's reaction when Sarah told the Queen she wanted a separation from Andrew: "The Queen looked sadder than I had ever seen her. She asked me to reconsider, to be strong and go forward."

By the way, Sarah is quite clear in the book that she asked for the separation and was determined to go through with it - she couldn't stand life in the royal family anymore. She also writes that Andrew "saw my resignation and did not try to argue: 'If this will make you happy, then I still stand by you.' "

It's interesting to read the book, which was published in 1996, because it reflects the way Sarah felt at the time right after the divorce. Even then, it's obvious she did not want to divorce Andrew - she writes that they were still good friends, but she didn't see any way to pay off her debts except going out to earn money. She writes, "I could have given in and gone back to him. Though the Grey Men would have gone psychotic, there were limits to even their power...But...I could not accept the antiquated system that ruled a Royal's life. I would not let myself be judged by all the Queen's men. Not then, not now, not ever."

I guess 15 years later, Sarah realizes life wasn't greener on the other side. And Andrew probably wishes he hadn't given in quite so easily to her demands for a divorce.

We all have regrets in life. Not all of us have the luxury of making them our paying profession.

Fergie, duchess of discounts -Daily Mail
"You have to doff your hat to the Duchess of York.
Pointedly excluded from the Royal Wedding she has, all the same, been investing in William and Kate memorabilia. What’s more she made her purchases under the noses of her royal critics — in the Buckingham Palace gift shop..."

Moonmaiden,

If this was recounted by Sarah, and let's assume for the sake of argument that Sarah was not making it up, this may have been the straw which broke the camel's back and caused the Queen to turn away from Sarah after being so fond of her previously. I think the Queen dislikes the members of the family and retainers being indiscreet and airing dirty laundry in public, not to mention disclosing personal and confidential matters as well.

Hey..I'm gonna do some digging in my books and try to find out for sure this weekend...I have a storage bin with stacks and stacks of books...so when I find the exact book and the author I will report back here to you guys! ;)

I am just hoping Oprah's people can hypnotize her to shut up and go far far away.

"...But...I could not accept the antiquated system that ruled a Royal's life. .... Not then, not now, not ever."

I guess she'd like to eat those words now; she's wildly signaling in every way possible that she wants back "in."

Fergie, duchess of discounts -Daily Mail
"You have to doff your hat to the Duchess of York.
Pointedly excluded from the Royal Wedding she has, all the same, been investing in William and Kate memorabilia. What’s more she made her purchases under the noses of her royal critics — in the Buckingham Palace gift shop..."

Will she try to sell them now on eBay? Or autograph them and sell them to the highest bidder??!:bang:

I am fascinated by people who have no shame whatsoever...she just hasn't a clue how ridiculous she looks doing stuff like this!

Will she try to sell them now on eBay? Or autograph them and sell them to the highest bidder??!:bang:

I am fascinated by people who have no shame whatsoever...she just hasn't a clue how ridiculous she looks doing stuff like this!

It's just a discount. It says what she's going to do. Considering the things she's done I'm not going to jump down her throat for taking it.

Bella - I think you are confusing the cast of "Desperate Housewives" which is a series which airs on ABC (a major broadcast network) with the "Real Housewives" reality shows franchise on Bravo (a minor cable network.) I am comparing Sarah's show - a "reality" show - with the Real Housewives. Here is a link to the original franchise of that series for your reference: The Real Housewives of Orange County - Season 6 - Bravo TV Official Site

If you see my later post, I make the point that Oprah's is a minor cable network with far less money. Oprah optioned 6 shows with the possibility of more. At the top end of the newbie range of $10K per show, times 6 shows, equals $60,000 - not in the six figures by any stretch. She's coming in with a higher profile than the ladies (and I use that term loosely) of the Real Housewives franchises. As those ladies became better known, their pay got popped up to $10K per episode. I don't see $10K per episode as being a particularly rich payday, I must admit. Figure that there is between 10 & 12 times as much footage shot as one sees on an edited final 1/2 hour or hour show.

So I think that Sarah's getting paid a max of $10K per show for six shows, with the possibility of more if she scores well in ratings. I'm sure she's hoping for life beyond this series, though. If this is the end of the line for her, it's a rather ignoble end, withering on a ratings-challenged third tier cable network.

I believe you are correct in my confusion. If that's the case, hopefully she has it in her contract that even if the show is cancelled early on she will still be paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom