Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He bills himself as a psychologist/therapist, which wouldn't imply that he can prescribe or give psychiatric treatment. Believe me, I'm no fan of the man and don't wish people to see him as any more than a show-man. My point in the previous post was that if he does indeed have a PhD, he can use the title "Dr." It doesn't imply that he's a psychiatrist.

The things she told me about Phil McGraw as a human being surprised and saddened me.:ermm:

Does anyone know whether Sarah has ever had serious counselling and/or treatment? We've all heard about the pseudo-therapists and psychics, but has she ever seen an actual, serious psychologist or psychiatrist? For all we know, she might need medication.

Most normal people go into treatment and don't hang their laundry out in the public like this. This is rather self-serving and I don't see Sarah getting better because of it.

Vita, like you I had a lot more sympathy for Sarah before the "cash for access" scandal. :ohmy:

I don't hate her now...but I am over her for sure and I used to root for her.

Mermaid1962 thanks for clarification...I see your point about the PhD and you are right about that. :)

I think one of the big disappointments of this video was when Sarah said that PA actually ENCOURAGED her to go on Oprah. Sure, let's stick it to the BRF in yet another way. Holy Moly! This whole thing really makes me ill.

Russo my love....I think this is another of Sarah's inventions. She says that Andrew told her his sticker price before she went into her cash for access negotiations, that Andrew did this and that, and now that he encouraged her to go on Oprah....I really don't think so. I think it was more like this:

What Sarah actually said pre-lunch: "Andrew! I'm meeting someone who wants to talk to you later! But they are buying me lunch first and some other money talk!"

What Andrew said: "Sounds fine."

What Sarah heard: "Sarah! It's OK if they buy both you and me in that money talk!"

What Sarah says to everyone after she is caught: "But Andrew told me to charge to talk to him!"

It's a common trick I've seen; if you want to say something but are unsure, you credit it to someone else as a diversion. Usual suspects for this are: the lawyer; the therapist; our mutual boss; the Internet; or in Sarah's case, Andrew. It's particularly notable in Sarah's case since no one can ever verify (including Andrew, who has never and probably cannot ever verify) whether her claims of what Andrew did or said are anywhere near truth. It's the ultimate free pass in her mind, but like all her other tricks, have grown threadbare and tatty.

Russo my love....I think this is another of Sarah's inventions. She says that Andrew told her his sticker price before she went into her cash for access negotiations, that Andrew did this and that, and now that he encouraged her to go on Oprah....I really don't think so. I think it was more like this:

What Sarah actually said pre-lunch: "Andrew! I'm meeting someone who wants to talk to you later! But they are buying me lunch first and some other money talk!"

What Andrew said: "Sounds fine."

What Sarah heard: "Sarah! It's OK if they buy both you and me in that money talk!"

What Sarah says to everyone after she is caught: "But Andrew told me to charge to talk to him!"

It's a common trick I've seen; if you want to say something but are unsure, you credit it to someone else as a diversion. Usual suspects for this are: the lawyer; the therapist; our mutual boss; the Internet; or in Sarah's case, Andrew. It's particularly notable in Sarah's case since no one can ever verify (including Andrew, who has never and probably cannot ever verify) whether her claims of what Andrew did or said are anywhere near truth. It's the ultimate free pass in her mind, but like all her other tricks, have grown threadbare and tatty.
It very well could be as you say, NaP. I'm just disgusted that they are feeding the troll. She's a media junkie and they (Oprah, Dr. Phil et. all) are placing her (with her consent) smack dab in the biggest media (Oprah) to feed her habit.

Irish Eyes, I know you mean well, but I got a virus once by going to a site like that. So be careful, everybody.:flowers:

Oh gosh I hope I haven't caused heartache for anyone.
Thanks Mermaid for the warning.

Apologies if I have caused trouble.

At that children's charity event she attended (in which I must admit she looks fabulous although I did not like the black and white on her) Sarah was on the arm of some uknown fella. Anyone care to venture who that was?

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether Sarah has ever had serious counselling and/or treatment? We've all heard about the pseudo-therapists and psychics, but has she ever seen an actual, serious psychologist or psychiatrist? For all we know, she might need medication.

There is good medication for people who are loved but can't feel it. And Sarah is obviously loved by her family, its just that for her this is not enough. Which could hint at a problem with a resorbation of serotonin which goes too fast in her brain, so she never has enough of it. I'm not a professional about this but know cases where the medication worked wonders for the feelings of being loved and valued.

Believe it or not, I have read in both American and Brit publications that Prince William had no problem with her being there...that he was not keen to hurt Beatrice and Eugenie(whom he is fond of) by leaving their mother out.

In fact he personally intervened with Clarence House originally to invite her, but between the Prince of Wales, Camilla AND Prince Phillip's opposition William wisely decided to choose another fight for another day, and caved to pressure not to invite her.

That's very interesting! I'd said earlier that I wasn't too awfully sure that the only reason that Andrew & Sarah didn't remarry was only because of that mean ole Prince Phillip. And that Charles, as King, would smile brightly on them and let Sarah back "in." I didn't know where Camilla stood on this, but from what you say, we've got a multi-generational block against Sarah rejoining.

There is good medication for people who are loved but can't feel it. And Sarah is obviously loved by her family, its just that for her this is not enough. Which could hint at a problem with a resorbation of serotonin which goes too fast in her brain, so she never has enough of it. I'm not a professional about this but know cases where the medication worked wonders for the feelings of being loved and valued.

Kataryn that's a very interesting angle on things, I hadn't thought about it like that. It's very obvious as you say that Sarah is loved by her family, by the way the girls talk about her, and it's strange but Andrew if anything is more supportive and protective of her now as an ex husband than he was as a husband. I remember she was on a talk show here in Ireland a few years back, and it's the type of show where all the guests remain on for the whole show and are interacting as each one is being interviewed. Anyway there happened to be a psychologist or psychiatrist
on the same show, and when Sarah said that her family loved her unconditionally, he said "you don't really believe that". His theory was that some of her wreckless behaviour and mistakes was because she had to constantly test their love and loyalty, and that she would subconsiously do something damaging when she needed reassurance of their love. I'm no professional but maybe he had a point.
I'm not sure what else her family can do to prove their love to her, they have stood by her and supported her through a lot.

Kataryn that's a very interesting angle on things, I hadn't thought about it like that. It's very obvious as you say that Sarah is loved by her family, by the way the girls talk about her, and it's strange but Andrew if anything is more supportive and protective of her now as an ex husband than he was as a husband. I remember she was on a talk show here in Ireland a few years back, and it's the type of show where all the guests remain on for the whole show and are interacting as each one is being interviewed. Anyway there happened to be a psychologist or psychiatrist
on the same show, and when Sarah said that her family loved her unconditionally, he said "you don't really believe that". His theory was that some of her wreckless behaviour and mistakes was because she had to constantly test their love and loyalty, and that she would subconsiously do something damaging when she needed reassurance of their love. I'm no professional but maybe he had a point.
I'm not sure what else her family can do to prove their love to her, they have stood by her and supported her through a lot.

This fits right in with NottheDr. Phil's "Addiction to Approval" statement made recently. This tells me too that once "Finding Sarah" is all said and done with, unless she continues to work on this "addiction", we can expect to see more trains derailing from the track. Doctors and therapists and Aunt Fanny down the road can tell Sarah what's wrong with her until they are blue in the face but until Sarah herself really wants to recover (which I don't think she does as this point as its more a "look at me" publicity type of ploy), nothing is going to change.

This fits right in with NottheDr. Phil's "Addiction to Approval" statement made recently. This tells me too that once "Finding Sarah" is all said and done with, unless she continues to work on this "addiction", we can expect to see more trains derailing from the track. Doctors and therapists and Aunt Fanny down the road can tell Sarah what's wrong with her until they are blue in the face but until Sarah herself really wants to recover (which I don't think she does as this point as its more a "look at me" publicity type of ploy), nothing is going to change.

I know from people who are on medication that in the beginning it is hard to make them "comply" and actually take the pills because they are so used to be unhappy that they can't stand the feeling of being more light-hearted. It's as if something is taken away from them that was for so long a part of them, even though it was not good. And these pills (they are called ((S)SRI = (Selective) Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, I think) take some time to do their full work and the brain needs time to get adjusted to having enough serotonin. So its not as easy as it sounds but surely a lot easier than to walk through jungles and deserts....

I know from people who are on medication that in the beginning it is hard to make them "comply" and actually take the pills because they are so used to be unhappy that they can't stand the feeling of being more light-hearted. It's as if something is taken away from them that was for so long a part of them, even though it was not good. And these pills (they are called ((S)SRI = (Selective) Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, I think) take some time to do their full work and the brain needs time to get adjusted to having enough serotonin. So its not as easy as it sounds but surely a lot easier than to walk through jungles and deserts....

I think you've hit the nail right on the head. With something like this there is no such thing as a "quick fix". Its just my gut assumption that if Sarah was really serious about overcoming problems and undergoing any kind of therapy and medication or whatnot, it sure the heck wouldn't be followed around by a filming crew and aired as an entertainment show. To me, if she *is* really suffering from an addiction to approval, the so called therapies that are being aired on TV are actually feeding the addiction rather than helping Sarah. The question remains though. Is Sarah being exploited or is Sarah exploiting herself?

Phil McGraw does have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Mercy! From the University of North Texas, which says it's a public university. He wrote his dissertation on psychological interventions for rheumatoid arthritis. His dad was a psychologist in private practice too. I have to say I'm shocked, as he's so inept, but anyway.

Whoever said that Sarah lit up when she got a label, that was so true. I was left feeling sorry for her and her vague lostness.

Whoever said that obviously Prince Andrew was part of her cash for access program made a very good point. She still lives with him, and she apparently was acting as his...pimp. I do not like saying that. What else to call it though? Now, I didn't really follow the details of that shameful set of events, but thanks to Sarah, now everyone is talking about it again.

I wonder how Prince Andrew feels about that. If he in fact thinks that this whole publicity escapade and the Oprah show is good for Sarah and his daughters, then he must still be in love with her. Or he just feels desperately sad for her.

I wish Sarah could get some real help and some real therapy.

Phil McGraw does have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Mercy! From the University of North Texas, which says it's a public university. He wrote his dissertation on psychological interventions for rheumatoid arthritis. His dad was a psychologist in private practice too. I have to say I'm shocked, as he's so inept, but anyway.

Whoever said that Sarah lit up when she got a label, that was so true. I was left feeling sorry for her and her vague lostness.

Whoever said that obviously Prince Andrew was part of her cash for access program made a very good point. She still lives with him, and she apparently was acting as his...pimp. I do not like saying that. What else to call it though? Now, I didn't really follow the details of that shameful set of events, but thanks to Sarah, now everyone is talking about it again.

I wonder how Prince Andrew feels about that. If he in fact thinks that this whole publicity escapade and the Oprah show is good for Sarah and his daughters, then he must still be in love with her. Or he just feels desperately sad for her.

I wish Sarah could get some real help and some real therapy.

I have to agree on the general coincenious on Dr. Phil. He can be a lot to take. The few times I have watched his show I have come away with the impression that you cannot listen to a lot of what Dr. Phil says because it's not earth shattering advice he gives in my humble opinion. I get unconditional love for Sarah on the part of her daughters but I fail to see it on Prince Andrew's part. I think the only love he may still have for her is only as the mother of his now grown children. Although Sarah will go to whatever media meduim that will listen to her and declare that she loves him and then go and do something stupid or after having done something stupid to shame & betray him again. How many times would a person have to get run over by a bus then have that same bus back up and run over you again before saying" Geez maybe I should get out of the street". It seems like all she has to do is say " I'm Sorry & I Love You" Act concrite for a bit and then " Oh Snap" all is forgiven. I mean what kind of exhistance is that for anyone be it a prince or a pauper?:confused:. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Sarah will only improve if she makes up her mind to change. She may listen to Dr. Phil, but how much of what he says gets to her? It goes in one ear and out the other. She's still of the mindset that "nobody is going to tell her what to do", until she breaks that thinking, she'll continue to act as she does.
She craves attention, why would someone actually want to have her therapy sessions filmed and shown to audiences? None of us would even think of it. Sarah is stuck forever on focusing on her problems growing up, her weight, her mother etc., because it still brings attention to her. As long as people listen she gets satisfaction, if the discussion veers away to how is she going to fix her problems and anxieties, she shuts down. She doesn't want to solve these issues because they've become a crutch and a comfort and she doesn't want them to go away. It's her way of holding on to people and it's unhealthy as we all know.
What I would like Sarah to do is privately see a psychiatrist and start with an evaluation by the therapist. She won't and as long as her daughters, Andrew and her sister enable her, she'll continue to do what gives her attention and comfort.

Is Sarah still living with Andrew? I thought that was an arrangement while the girls were still young. But Pss E is living away at uni, as far as I know. And Pss B has her own apt. in St. James Palace. So I'm not sure why Sarah would be living w Andrew, if she truly is.

Does anyone known how much money Sarac is being paid for the documentary with oprah and Dr phil?

Does anyone known how much money Sarac is being paid for the documentary with oprah and Dr phil?

I don't think guests on talk shows like Oprah, the View, Letterman, etc. get "paid." They are getting free publicity for being allowed to talk about themselves/their project/cause, so in a sense these shows are doing them a favor. I do think, however, they get comp'd for hotel costs and transportation (usually a limo) and perhaps even airfare. Most guests also get a pretty nice gift bag from the network/show.

Is Sarah still living with Andrew? I thought that was an arrangement while the girls were still young. But Pss E is living away at uni, as far as I know. And Pss B has her own apt. in St. James Palace. So I'm not sure why Sarah would be living w Andrew, if she truly is.

Sarah lives at the some home as Andrew at Windsor.

There are also reports that she also uses his apartment in BP - on the door of which he insists the nameplate still reads 'HRH The Duke and Duchess of York'.

Now I don't know how reliable the later report is but the first one is true - they still share a house even though neither of the girls actually live at home any more.

Please note that off topic posts about Camilla not liking Sarah have been deleted as off topic and speculative.

Bella said:
I don't think guests on talk shows like Oprah, the View, Letterman, etc. get "paid." They are getting free publicity for being allowed to talk about themselves/their project/cause, so in a sense these shows are doing them a favor. I do think, however, they get comp'd for hotel costs and transportation (usually a limo) and perhaps even airfare. Most guests also get a pretty nice gift bag from the network/show.

Well, in terms of the documentary she has to beee getting at least six figures. And if she isn't then she is not a good business woman! And if the show does well she should have a bonus with an option for renewal. Ooh I kinda sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Phil McGraw does have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Mercy! From the University of North Texas, which says it's a public university. I have to say I'm shocked, as he's so inept, but anyway.
Well here's Dr. Phil with Madea. I don't think he got anywhere so I'm feeling for Sarah right now. . . :whistling:

YouTube - Anger Management

Sarah lives at the some home as Andrew at Windsor.

There are also reports that she also uses his apartment in BP - on the door of which he insists the nameplate still reads 'HRH The Duke and Duchess of York'.

Now I don't know how reliable the later report is but the first one is true - they still share a house even though neither of the girls actually live at home any more.
I think they still share an apartment at BP- in footage on Oprah, Sarah drove by BP,and pointed out where it was inside the palace, from the outside, what floor it was on.

Well, in terms of the documentary she has to beee getting at least six figures. And if she isn't then she is not a good business woman! And if the show does well she should have a bonus with an option for renewal. Ooh I kinda sound like I know what I'm talking about.
I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt it.

I would consider Sarah's show to be on par with the "Real Housewives" series(es) in the US. The Real Housewives of NY get paid $10,000 per episode, a payraise from their first season of $3,333 per episode. The real payoff for anyone on one of these "reality" series is exposure, to introduce them or expand their visibility. In other words, it's to market oneself to a wider audience and hopefully parlay that exposure into bigger and better things.

Sarah's a bit of an anomaly in that regard: she's been well known for a long period of time but that has been fading. (By way of reference, I work in an international finance firm, and my team consists of twenty-somethings who report up through several levels to me. We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate." I had to actually sit down and explain to the under-30 set exactly who Sarah was; most had her confused with Camilla or, honestly, thought she was dead. Mind you, we hire the absolute cream of the crop each year from top schools, so these are not under-the-rock specimens.) So - Sarah might have been able to command the top end of the reality show pay scale per episode - let's say $10K per - rather than the low end of the scale.

The core cast of the Jersey Shore got popped up from $30K to $100K for the new season, but the ratings on that show are many multiples of Oprah's show. Any of Oprah's shows.

So if I were to guess, I'd say $10K per show for Sarah Ferguson, with the upside for her being the exposure and hopefully the impression to potential investors in Brand Sarah that she's turned herself around in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate."
How were the scones? What a coinky dink, Russo just whipped up a batch from Ina Garten's recipe, the Barefoot Contessa--how apropos. ..:D

Snookie and co. get 100K for just being idiots? Well no wonder everybody wants their own reality show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom