Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm def taping both. I SO regretted not taping the last one. I can't find it online anywhere though I'm dying to see it again.

That is her own life. What else is she supposed to talk about?

If she must talk, it should be possible to talk about her issues with self esteem, food, alcohol, money, depression etc without talking specifically about the royal family, her husband or her daughters. Can`t really imagine she has anything new to add to her old sob story.

Her daughters are British HRH and should not be appearing on Oprah. Their mother is using them for publicity purposes and damaging what ever chance of a future role they might wish to play as official working royals. Andrew and the girls seem to bend over backwards to keep helping Sarah to their own detriment. She doesnt exactly serve as a good role model for a member of the royal family or anyone else for that matter.

If she must talk, it should be possible to talk about her issues with self esteem, food, alcohol, money, depression etc without talking specifically about the royal family, her husband or her daughters. Can`t really imagine she has anything new to add to her old sob story.
In this case, unfortunately, I do not think you can talk about one without the other.
And why should'nt B and E be on Oprah just because of thier royal stutus?

Last edited:
In this case, unfortunately, I do not think you can talk about one without the other.
IMO,their mother is essentially pimping them out to boost her image as a mother and to boost ratings. It was probably part of the deal with Oprah. I just think it is degrading to their position as royal princesses to go on that show while their mother goes on about her issues boo hoo hoo oh me oh my, my life is screwed up, I had it all and I lost it all boo hoo hoo.

IMO,their mother is essentially pimping them out to boost her image as a mother and to boost ratings. It was probably part of the deal with Oprah. I just think it is degrading to their position as royal princesses to go on that show while their mother goes on about her issues boo hoo hoo oh me oh my, my life is screwed up, I had it all and I lost it all boo hoo hoo.

Ever since the word came out that B&E will be losing their security protection unless doing official engagements and need to find their own careers in life, I see no reason why they shouldn't have the option of appearing on Oprah if they so wanted as long as they know that some topics are definitely a no-no. Such as talking about the BRF, her dad and anything that could be construed by the family as off limits.

Ever since the word came out that B&E will be losing their security protection unless doing official engagements and need to find their own careers in life, I see no reason why they shouldn't have the option of appearing on Oprah if they so wanted as long as they know that some topics are definitely a no-no. Such as talking about the BRF, her dad and anything that could be construed by the family as off limits.

What penalties would you apply to them if they did appear and talk about their family?

A no-no? On Oprah? Oh no, it's Oprah vs. The Queen.

This is absolutely the way to establish American brand name connections for the girls - they can have the newest young-lines at some chain store, for sure - if Oprah helps 'em out. Go, Queen Oprah.

Bea outfit marketing

A no-no? On Oprah? Oh no, it's Oprah vs. The Queen.

This is absolutely the way to establish American brand name connections for the girls - they can have the newest young-lines at some chain store, for sure - if Oprah helps 'em out. Go, Queen Oprah.
Gosh... that's all we need- a bunch of young ladies with Bea head-wear on!;)
Mark my words, next somebody will make a Bea Barbie doll with her wedding outfit on!:lol:
I keep thinking: How on earth can Bea top that hat?
How worse can it get? I don't want to know.. but I am sure I'll find out...:ermm:

What penalties would you apply to them if they did appear and talk about their family?

I don't think there would be any penalties or fines and such but it sure wouldn't help the negativity that's abounding around the York family as is. I think if they really did something to disgrace the family name, it would go on the hypothetical list of "Reasons to revoke titles from Beatrice and Eugenie".

Really as I see it, in all the years that Sarah has been divorced and independent of the royal family, she's never really said anything downgrading nor degrading about the BRF and I would imagine her girls would follow in those footsteps. As they most likely will be on the fringe of anything royal, if they could find a career from some of the people in the US, it'd be a good thing. I really don't see either of the girls leaving the UK though.

May I please add a couple of my humble opinions by way of background information to what has been said above?

The first difficulty that I see with B & E appearing on the show is simply this: it may sound odd and old-fashioned, but there is what I suppose I can call 'a strong unwritten Royal Rule' that members of the BRF who are 'close to the throne' do not either associate themselves with or try to seek publicity / exposure of this type, and they certainly do not get involved with programmes of a commercial nature. The reason for this is to keep consistency with Buckingham Palace's desire to keep as much 'personal royal stuff OUT of the media' as is possibe. The Queen and senior members of the BRF and their courtiers/advisers try to protect the Royal 'brand image' and like to do this by being as 'controlling as possible' of what information enters the public domain, even in cases where it can do no harm [By way of example, I remember when the Queen's close childhood friend 'Porchie' (the Earl of Carnarvon) died; the Queen was very distressed by his death, but the Palace would not issue the tiniest statement on the matter in reply to questions from the press as to how Majesty was feeling, not even a 'very proper' "The Queen is deeply saddened by his passing and has sent her condolences to his family" type of remark. All this caution is to [try to] enable the Palace to have 'the upper hand' when they try to 'kill' undesirable personal stories. It's hard for the Palace to complain about the Press following Royal Private Lives too closely if the Palace is happy to let certain private information 'out into the public domain' but then becomes tight-lipped over other private matters....

I think we all remember the hole for which Diana, Princess of Wales dug for herself by trying to 'have it both ways with the media'. Lord Calcutt, who published his Report on Press Freedom at the height of what the media loved to call 'The War of the Waleses' noted the problems posed by the Royal Family when certain senior members in effect 'invaded their own privacy' by their co-operation [leaks!!] to the media.

With regard to B&E, supposing in a month's time there is some terrible scandal affecting either or both of these young ladies, which the Palace wishes to damp down as soon as possibe and tries to 'kill off press interest' by claiming B&E are not like others but are in effect private people? Cries of 'two-faced Palace' would be ringing from the newsrooms of every British Newspaper , and not just the tabloid trash, with the Editors, with some justification being able to claim, 'Well, the Palace was quite happy to let B&E appear on prime-time US tv....

The other substantial reason in my very humble opinion as to why B&E should keep off the programme is simply this: if it reallly going to be seen as a 'career move' for these two young ladies, then I sincerely hope not. It may sound tough, but I DO NOT think that it would be a proper career path for either B or E if they 'seek employment' based on opportunities presented to them by their 'Royal connections'. Both B&E are studying for degrees - in other words, getting sufficient 'furniture in their heads' to enable them to pursue conventional career paths - rather than trade on their Royal connections [which at the end of the day does not really seemed to have helped their unfortunate mother very much!!] Why don't B&E seek to follow the sort of career paths that their fellow students are aiming for? Tough perhaps, but I think that if they are not going to 'join the Royal firm', the best thing is for these two young ladies to 'make the break' as soon as possible.

Please, please Sarah, leave your daughters OUT of this type of programme. I cannot bear to think how negatively it could impact on B&E if at the end of the day the programme tends to be roundly criticised - is it fair to run the risk of 'tainting' these two young ladies with the scandal?

Just my thoughts

Alex

Last edited:
let them do whatever as far as i am concerned. i highly doubt they will reign over the uk, they seem to be close to being stripped of their status anyway. they are being told to get careers which is perfectly understandable. if they want to do oprah why not? if they want to support their mother (i wouldn't after all the scandal she's caused) go for it. its up to them to decide how they want to make their living and as long as it's not scandalous, i say power to the princesses! if they have to feed themselves then it's nobody's business how they do it. Imo.

Really as I see it, in all the years that Sarah has been divorced and independent of the royal family, she's never really said anything downgrading nor degrading about the BRF and I would imagine her girls would follow in those footsteps.

I'm not sure I would agree, Osipi.
I clearly remember an interview with Sarah where she was extremely critical of the Queen; she insinuated that the Queen expected her, along with her daughters, to live in a hovel.

"And these were her grandchildren!" (said in a tone of shocked disbelief, as if the Queen expected the girls to sell matches in the street).

I would call that saying something negative about the BRF.

Because, IMO, it would reflect badly upon the Princesses. They should skirt this one and leave it at that. Otherwise they will be in a Catch-22 on what they do and don't say on Oprah. Once you open that can of worms, you cannot get the worms back into the box.

'It was so difficult': Fergie reveals her hurt over Royal Wedding snub | Mail Online

Well, this article mentions quotes from the upcoming Oprah interview but says nothing about Beatrice and Eugenie being there.

It definitely makes sense that Andrew looked upset at the wedding, if he'd been talking to Sarah (who was upset that she wasn't there) beforehand. Alas, Sarah only has herself to blame.

I particularly liked this part:

'I really love the feeling that sort of Diana and I both weren't there,' Ferguson, who has often spoken of her close bond with with the late princess, told Oprah.

IIRC, were they not estranged at the time of Diana's death? And - Fergie "loves" the feeling that "Diana & I both weren't there"?!?!?

Wow. Words kind of fail me. I mean, as long as Fergie - the ex-wife of the groom's uncle - was out in the cold, why on earth should Diana, the mother of the groom, have been invited? Good thing she was dead, eh? Bet no one missed Diana, or at least not as much as they missed Fergie.

:bang::bang:

Does she seriously think that her being snubbed by the BRF is on par with, and places her in good company with, Diana's exclusion?

Diana didn't come because, you know, she's dead. How in God's name is that a situation to "love?" Sarah didn't come because she is divorced from her meal ticket and is a walking diaster and architect of her own downfall.

I am hoping that it didn't come out that way...but because of editing this is what was released.

I agree. What an odd thing to say.

Fergie never knows when to stop talking.

I particularly liked this part:

'I really love the feeling that sort of Diana and I both weren't there,' Ferguson, who has often spoken of her close bond with with the late princess, told Oprah.

IIRC, were they not estranged at the time of Diana's death? And - Fergie "loves" the feeling that "Diana & I both weren't there"?!?!?

Wow. Words kind of fail me. I mean, as long as Fergie - the ex-wife of the groom's uncle - was out in the cold, why on earth should Diana, the mother of the groom, have been invited? Good thing she was dead, eh? Bet no one missed Diana, or at least not as much as they missed Fergie.

:bang::bang:

Does she seriously think that her being snubbed by the BRF is on par with, and places her in good company with, Diana's exclusion?

Diana didn't come because, you know, she's dead. How in God's name is that a situation to "love?" Sarah didn't come because she is divorced from her meal ticket and is a walking diaster and architect of her own downfall.

Yes, Yes, Yes with all of your statement! Im officially sick and tired of Fergie's sob story. Kate looked beautiful, BUT I was the last to walk down the aisle....in 1986!!! Move on with your life please. I also love how so unfortunate for her she was isolated in a Thailand jungle (cause that's not beautiful or extravagant).

Well, I have to say I will be watching tomorrow. My curiosity knows no bounds. :ermm:

Well, I can certainly understand her comments about being the last to walk down the aisle. You can certainly think of it in a its all about me way or the fact that she is no longer married to her soulmate. Some people thought that Andrew was also somewhat reflective that day. They are certainly entitled to feel some sadness that their marriage didn't work out, and remember the great joy and love that they had (and that the nation and the world shared with them). It was a beautiful wedding and they did appear to be just so intune with each other. So I wasn't that offended by that statement as the rest.

First of all, it wasn't a snub. A snub IMO is being married to the grooms uncle and you are not invited. Second, didn't she say that she hadn't spoken to William in quite some time (like years?!) So it would be different if she had an EXISTING relationship with William and she wasn't invited but she doesn't. Finally, she might have gotten an invitation as the mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and because she HAD one time been tight with Diana...with an emphasis on might...if she wasn't involved in her latest scandal.

So really, I am hoping this snub discussion is just a part of Sarah realizing that she Sarah is the reason why SHE Sarah wasn't invited.

Sarah must be the most pathetic person on this planet :bang: :bang::bang:

And how does she dare to drag Diana into the discussion about her not being invited :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Words are failing me how somebody can have as little self reflection as Sarah Ferguson but whats worst about it is her constant need to talk in public.

If I was William, I wouldnt speak or invite her to anything for the rest of my life.

"The jungle embraced me." Sounds like a 50s B horror movie.;) The Diana comment was truly over the top. It was like she was saying that she was glad that Diana was dead, because that meant that she missed the wedding as well. Sarah should stop giving interviews, even about charity efforts. If she wants to make public appearances for them, fine. But no more interviews. She alienates herself further with every interview, and I doubt that Oprah cares as long as she gets the ratings.

I am hoping that it didn't come out that way...but because of editing this is what was released.

I agree. What an odd thing to say.

Fergie never knows when to stop talking.

You might be right Zonk, on first reading it's a horrible quote but the editing may have something to do with that. Perhaps all she was trying to say was that in a way if Diana couldn't be there, then I didn't want to be there because I would have missed her. Whatever she was trying to say in typical Sarah fashion it came out all wrong.

That Diana quote didn't come across well, no. Sarah (as we know) doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. But let's see how the whole interview sounds. Part of the problem is that Oprah is always fishing for dramatic answers. She'll frame the fact that Sarah wasn't invited as a "snub" and will purposely ask Sarah what was going on in the depths of her soul when she found out she wasn't invited, etc.

Last edited:
I haven't read MailOnline yet - I don't like tabloids as a rule, but if the article is accurate....well, words start to fail me!

I try not to get involved in Sarah-bashing, but I have to say in my very humble opinion that the lady does not really help herself! I suppose the sad thing is that the only way that Sarah can hope to put herself in a financially secure situation again is by continually trying to re-visit her royal connections in any way she can....

Silly me I am sure, but what was she doing in Thailand, when she is apparently short of cash?

The thing is, I just do not 'get' poor Sarah. I can remember being astonished well
I can remember someone once saying that Sarah should avoid opening her mouth because she can't help but put her foot in it....and it seems that nothing has changed.... I thought that the Oprah interview was to deal with 'finding herself' and making reparations for the lastest two scandals; instead it seems we are getting complaints about not being invited to the wedding......

Only my humble views

Alex

I know I'm being a pig in a poke here however I cannot help but wonder: Who paid for the Thailand trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom