Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish sarah had an email and we could send a message saying 'girl, think twice from now on.' when will it stop?

A grifter (like the Angelica Hudson movie) is someone who is selling a con. I don't believe that is the case for Sarah.

Well, I do. Sarah's made a second career out of looting her friends. And I believe the biggest con that Sarah has played, has been on herself.

BTW - the idea that she is out of the woods on the financial stuff with the last of this appearing to be sewn up, isn't correct. As I mentioned earlier in this thread during her "flash the cash" in the Caribbean time, most creditors have what is known as claw-back provisions in debt settlements, as well as good-faith bargaining provisions. Meaning that if it is discovered that one creditor benefitted from a richer agreement than another, or if the debtor was not completely forthcoming with the source of funding of debt settlements, then the agreement can be put aside. (An example might be "oh, I got my friend Charlie to give up his claims" when in fact Charlie had been paid off by, say, some guy named Jeffrey instead.) The creditor can then sue for the full amount of original debt, plus damages.

Forcing her employees to take a 75% cut might seem like good business (however rotten to the individuals) but if her corporate creditors got a "worse" deal - such as 10% on the debt (which seems to be the number being bandied about,) - then those corporate creditors can take her to court for bad-faith dealings as well as other claw-backs. As crummy as forcing long-time employees and "friends" to take a 75% cut is - to an entity that got 10%, it looks quite rich.

Forcing her employees to take a 75% cut might seem like good business (however rotten to the individuals) but if her corporate creditors got a "worse" deal - such as 10% on the debt (which seems to be the number being bandied about,) - then those corporate creditors can take her to court for bad-faith dealings as well as other claw-backs. As crummy as forcing long-time employees and "friends" to take a 75% cut is - to an entity that got 10%, it looks quite rich.

Good point--how will Sarah's other creditors feel if they find out that two of her staff got a "special" deal, just so Sarah could resolve her debts?

I think it was a mistake for Sarah not to claim bankruptcy. For one thing, in this case, some of her creditors were paid back unequally. Secondly, as we know now, Prince Andrew apparently went to great lengths to take care of Sarah's debts, including contacting Epstein--and who knows which other dubious rich "friends" were contacted in an effort to pay of Sarah's debts?

I also think Sarah is not "out of the woods" at all. In fact, she's in a worse place than she's ever been in her life. Oprah's network is faltering--if the docuseries even airs, not many people will watch it. The Daily Mail says that a book, "Finding Sarah", will be written as a follow-up to the series, but who will buy this book, given the small audience who will even watch the program? What more do people need to know about Sarah? Then there are "Little Red" TV and book deals, apparently. But is Little Red a popular character? Once again, who will watch Little Red TV shows or buy Little Red books?

I don't think there is a market for anything Sarah is trying to do. In many ways, it would have been better for her to admit bankruptcy and let the Queen or Andrew pay her a small stipend to keep living quietly at Royal Lodge, doing some charity work on the side.

Duchess of York: I'm so sorry I let child abuser pay my debt | News

Sarah's whole interview with the Evening Standard. "I would throw myself under a bus for him," she says of Andrew.

Sarah really needs to learn to keep quiet! I know that she is desperate to protect Andrew and clearly terrified that she has cost him his job, but less is sometimes more. Sarah also has a habit of blaming herself for absolutely everything--even when, as in this case, I don't think she really did anything wrong (she didn't contact Epstein, Andrew did).

The idea of a woman being linked with an Epstein type, in any way, even unknowingly, is truly beyond the Pale. I think that the only people who might be interested in her books are collectors, people who want a souvenir of the disgraced Duchess of York.

I am wondering how this will affect Sarah's new book deals.

A few weeks ago, when Sarah was not invited to the Royal wedding, I said that I thought it was now over for Brand Sarah.

I believe that even more definitively now, for a different set of reasons.

It may be time to approach the Queen, hat in hand, and plead for: a small income, a quiet home - in return for discreet and permanent retirement.

Her time is past.

I agree completely. Some will say that this would be rewarding Sarah for the problem's she's caused. However, I think that this is the most dignified and healthy approach.

It may be time to approach the Queen, hat in hand, and plead for: a small income, a quiet home - in return for discreet and permanent retirement.

Duchess of York: I'm so sorry I let child abuser pay my debt | News

Sarah's whole interview with the Evening Standard. "I would throw myself under a bus for him," she says of Andrew.

Sarah really needs to learn to keep quiet! I know that she is desperate to protect Andrew and clearly terrified that she has cost him his job, but less is sometimes more. Sarah also has a habit of blaming herself for absolutely everything--even when, as in this case, I don't think she really did anything wrong (she didn't contact Epstein, Andrew did).

Agree 100% - especially as Andrew still is her meal ticket until this very day. She is one of these people who think they are terribly important and the world is terribly interested in their life and desperately waiting for a comment or action. A clar case of self delusion.

NotAPretender a small income, a quiet home - in return for discreet and permanent retirement.

it would be too good to be true.

I also think Sarah is not "out of the woods" at all. In fact, she's in a worse place than she's ever been in her life. Oprah's network is faltering--if the docuseries even airs, not many people will watch it.

Perhaps Sarah has a "pay or play" deal with Oprah?
For her sake, I hope so.

I didn't think something like that could ever happen to the BRF.:sad::sad::ermm:

A few weeks ago, when Sarah was not invited to the Royal wedding, I said that I thought it was now over for Brand Sarah.

I believe that even more definitively now, for a different set of reasons.

Her time is past.
I don't think she'd go NaP. She seems, to me, too intersted in trying to BE someBODY. IMO, I she weighs her self worth by her public persona.

It is quite horribly and grotesquely unfair that Sarah is being tarred, by association, with this man and his vile crimes. She has done NOTHING wrong, and should really not have created attention to this by apologising.
She knew nothing of what Epstein was up to (I don’t know if she’s even met him!), and it was her ex-husband who arranged this loan on her behalf. The media needs to stop these whispers and innuendos, and leave her alone!

Oprah's network is faltering--if the docuseries even airs, not many people will watch it. The Daily Mail says that a book, "Finding Sarah", will be written as a follow-up to the series, but who will buy this book, given the small audience who will even watch the program?

I thought there was whispers that Sarah's documentray for Oprah was shelved or pushed back because it wasn't juicy enough or dramatic enough, that it was too boring. Maybe this was an attempt to liven it up?

But really - how many more times can she embarress the Queen and still hold her head up?

Maybe if they had worked through their marital problems and not divorced they could have prevented the debts and lack of judgement.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is quite horribly and grotesquely unfair that Sarah is being tarred, by association, with this man and his vile crimes. She has done NOTHING wrong, and should really not have created attention to this by apologising.
She knew nothing of what Epstein was up to (I don’t know if she’s even met him!), and it was her ex-husband who arranged this loan on her behalf. The media needs to stop these whispers and innuendos, and leave her alone!

Sarah Ferguson accepted this money as a gift not a loan. She has herself admitted a `gigantic error of judgment` in doing so. The media has not created whispers and innuendos in this case. Sarah, Duchess of York has once again been involved in unsavoury activity concerning money and her former husband`s behaviour has also once again been called into question regarding this and the people he has been associated with in his ambassadorial role for Britain.

I simply doubt Sarah cared much about where the money came from. She, as Oprah said about her, already acted like somebody who is morally corrupt when it comes to getting money and I personaly don't see where there is the difference between having her toes sucked by her financial advisor in front of her young daughters and accepting the help of another financial advisor with a shady past.

I at least have always wondered where the money came from with which Sarah hoped to clear her debts. And what was asked in exchange? And I bet that was what the media was asking as well so have kept their tabs on Sarah and Andrew in order to find proof of shady dealings which were rumoured for a long time.

:previous: Didn't Oprah refer to Sarah as a morally bankrupt person not a corrupt person?

I realize that Sarah is not a perfect or popular person, but really the name calling has to stop. This is not directed to you Kathryn.

If we can't have a civil conversation about this issue without the name calling, then this thread will be closed.

I's her daughters I pity ! They must die of shame !

By her own admission, she knew exactly where the money was coming from. And they aren't "whispers and innuendos"! This is out of Sarah's mouth!!!!!!!

"Nothing wrong?" you say? Even SARAH admitted that it was wrong! Good heavens, can you please read what she herself is spitting out? And she knew "nothing about what Epstein was up to?" He had already been convicted and served time for "what he was up to." Are you saying that Sarah is completely incapable of any higher brain function than respiration?

--------------------

What I find most illuminating about Sarah's statement is the number of times she used "I" in it - as well as her assertion that she and the other Yorks are standing together on it all. Once again, she shows how incredibly selfish and self-serving she is.

Not "my friend had taken a financial bath because I couldn't pay him, so to help him, this was arranged." No, it's "I wanted to get out of debt, because it's all about me always, me, me, me, me....I I I....."

And that last bit about she and Andrew and the girls (when do they get to be women, I ask you?) standing together on this? Pathetic attempt to keep Brand Fergie going by clinging to those last shreds of Royal.

The two York parents deserve each other in every respect, but neither deserves to be on the public teat. They can take the money that they got for Sunninghill and live off that for the rest of their days.

Perhaps Monaco would welcome them, the sunny place for shady people that it has become yet again.

Last edited:
The two York parents deserve each other in every respect, but neither deserves to be on the public teat. They can take the money that they got for Sunninghill and live off that for the rest of their days.

Perhaps Monaco would welcome them, the sunny place for shady people that it has become yet again.

I agree with you statements NotAPretender. I have thought this since these last situations arose with the couple.

The only problem is the money from Sunninghill is probably spent. This couple think they are above their shady actions because who they are.

I just read that Prince Andrew's job is on firm ground with the British government.:ohmy:

By her own admission, she knew exactly where the money was coming from. And they aren't "whispers and innuendos"! This is out of Sarah's mouth!!!!!!!

"Nothing wrong?" you say? Even SARAH admitted that it was wrong! Good heavens, can you please read what she herself is spitting out? And she knew "nothing about what Epstein was up to?" He had already been convicted and served time for "what he was up to." Are you saying that Sarah is completely incapable of any higher brain function than respiration?

Firstly, I wasn't aware that Epstein's conviction was as far back as 2008, so apologies there.
But I really don't think she knew too much about how her debts were being paid - only that Andrew had it in hand.
From the Telegraph:

"Referring to the settlement of her £5 million debts, which have now been cleared following individual arrangements with her creditors, the Duchess added: “The Duke sorted out my debts and he and his office have been more than marvellous.”
The comment was interpreted as confirmation that the Duke had arranged the payment with Epstein.
But a spokesman for the Duchess later issued a clarification, saying: “Jeffrey Epstein made a number of offers to the Duchess to help her over a nine-month period. Consequently, he took it upon himself to approach Johnny O’Sullivan directly, whom he knew and was aware of the unpaid debt by the Duchess.” "

There's no indication that Sarah herself knew who the money was coming from, only that it was arranged through Andrew or directly with Johnny O'Sullivan. We don't know for sure how much she knew about it at the time. I cannot believe that Sarah would have anything but contempt for those who abuse children. This clearly was a mistake, and she's doing all she can to rectify the situation. But with the horrendous financial situation she was in at the time, she perhaps didn't ask enough questions of the provenance of the money.

"Referring to the settlement of her £5 million debts, which have now been cleared following individual arrangements with her creditors, the Duchess added: “The Duke sorted out my debts and he and his office have been more than marvellous.”
The comment was interpreted as confirmation that the Duke had arranged the payment with Epstein.
But a spokesman for the Duchess later issued a clarification, saying: “Jeffrey Epstein made a number of offers to the Duchess to help her over a nine-month period. Consequently, he took it upon himself to approach Johnny O’Sullivan directly, whom he knew and was aware of the unpaid debt by the Duchess.” "

There's no indication that Sarah herself knew who the money was coming from, only that it was arranged through Andrew or directly with Johnny O'Sullivan. We don't know for sure how much she knew about it at the time. I cannot believe that Sarah would have anything but contempt for those who abuse children. This clearly was a mistake, and she's doing all she can to rectify the situation. But with the horrendous financial situation she was in at the time, she perhaps didn't ask enough questions of the provenance of the money.

FergieFan, I bolded what you yourself quoted from the newspaper, then bolded the contradition in your response. Epstein approached the Duchess - by the admission of the Duchess' representative - this is not "innuendo and whispers." So Sarah knew full well where the money was coming from, and the bolded statement in your response does not reflect that reality.

I realize that you think Sarah is wonderful, but can you please take a look at what was written and what you wrote?

Sarah only cared about herself and her own debt. Only. Not about O'Sullivan as a person, but that his unpaid debt was holding up her debt settlement. The girls that Epstein abused were the same ages as her own daughters....but she didn't care. She only cared about her own pocketbook.

I can still look back at the pictures of their wedding and remember how it all seemed like a great, rolicking-good match. Well, maybe it was and is, but in ways that I could not have imagined at that time.

Seems to me Sarah didn't care where the money came from as long as her debts were paid. And since she kept herself in the dark as to the shady character who fronted the money she can claim ignorance.

:previous: Didn't Oprah refer to Sarah as a morally bankrupt person not a corrupt person?

I realize that Sarah is not a perfect or popular person, but really the name calling has to stop. This is not directed to you Kathryn.

If we can't have a civil conversation about this issue without the name calling, then this thread will be closed.

I'm sorry, Zonk, you're right, I should have checked the quote before I used it. And when I think about it I don't think Sarah is really corrupt but has a blind spot when it comes to the connection of money, influence, rank and the whole game of giving and taking.

I have no doubt that she is really shocked now to realise what her carelessness has brought over Andrew who, in my opinion, just wanted to bail her out and to have the whole stories about her going to a stop before he has to decide between her and his family.

I'm sensing a witch hunt mentality about Sarah again, and that always makes me feel uneasy.

I think her biggest mistake was making any sort of apology and saying she would give the money back. Did the money Epstein provided come from the proceeds of child prostitution or some similar activity? Unless it did, I see no reason why she should. The deal was brokered by Andrew, yet he is going to come through this OK. He is just as responsible for this, if not more so because he is the Queen's son, and he owes his daughters' welfare the same consideration as their mother, yet it is Sarah, once again, who is getting most of the criticism.

Epstein's been convicted of the crime and paid the penalty, as I understand it. The mere fact he has a hankering for underage teenagers, and acted on that hankering, does not, in my opinion, mean that Sarah should not have accepted the money. The two issues are completely separate, IMO.

I have no doubt that she is really shocked now to realise what her carelessness has brought over Andrew who, in my opinion, just wanted to bail her out and to have the whole stories about her going to a stop before he has to decide between her and his family.[/QUOTE]

Kataryn, I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that. He is between a rock and a hard place. He is fully committed to HM and his royal heritege, but has love and in his own way is equally committed to Sarah and their family. I hope no ones forces him to choose because he would be the real loser IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom