Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that it will be aired in the summer. Around the time of the wedding, perhaps..?

The wedding is in the spring and if the show is airing in the summer, how does it impact the wedding? Or take advantage of the wedding hype?

I would think that after the wedding people will start to lose interest after all the hoopla building up until the 29th. I can't turn the TV on here without seeing an ad for a copy of the engagement ring at least 3 times a day if not more. Many, many channels here are scheduling programming related to the wedding between now and the ceremony including Lifetime having a movie about Wills and Kate's long courtship. The higher rankings would be before the wedding and not after IMO

i kind of disagree with people losing interest after the weeding, look at all of us, we follow them and we arent going to go away after the wedding. i woke up to watch Diana, i woke up to watch Sarah and i will get up to watch Catherine. I am still excited to read about Diana, Sarah and Catherine.

I wish Sarah wasnt doing this with oprah, i dont like Oprah and i dont trust her. you dont get to be one of the richest women in the world by playing fair.

CNN was reporting today that Sarah has definately been included at the wedding at the specific request of P William.

i kind of disagree with people losing interest after the weeding, look at all of us, we follow them and we arent going to go away after the wedding. i woke up to watch Diana, i woke up to watch Sarah and i will get up to watch Catherine. I am still excited to read about Diana, Sarah and Catherine.

When I was referring to possibly declining interest I was referring to the general American viewing audiences. Of course there are the rare breed of wonderful people like us that never lose interest but I don't think our numbers are a majority of the percentage of TV viewers. Would be nice though... I'd love a channel with nothing but coverage of the BRF. :D

I wish Sarah wasnt doing this with oprah, i dont like Oprah and i dont trust her. you dont get to be one of the richest women in the world by playing fair.

My gut feeling is telling me that perhaps Sarah should run and not walk to the nearest stage left exit. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Oprah doesn't play fair but she's very good at what she does and knows how to work people and get what she wants. Its that kind of stamina that has gotten her where she is and frankly I don't see those qualities in Sarah. (which in no way denigrates Sarah)

CNN was reporting today that Sarah has definately been included at the wedding at the specific request of P William.

There will be lots of rumours between now and April, but it's interesting that recent reports are indicating an invite for Sarah.
If a few Royal reporters are saying the same thing maybe there is something to it.
Did CNN report whether she is expected to accept the invitation?

There will be lots of rumours between now and April, but it's interesting that recent reports are indicating an invite for Sarah.
If a few Royal reporters are saying the same thing maybe there is something to it.

I very much can see her accepting the invitation and going to the wedding. To Sarah, it would seem to be total rudeness not to and I do imagine she thinks fondly of William. I think it would be logical to presume that she'd be seated with Dave Clark whom I also imagine will be invited as Eugenie's guest. I would imagine those two are comfortable with each other by now.

But again. I could be wrong.:whistling:

Dave Clark is Beatrice's boyfriend and is invited to the wedding. Eugenie's boyfriend is also invited, although I do not know who he is. It will be interesting how all of this will be played out...

Dave Clark is Beatrice's boyfriend and is invited to the wedding. Eugenie's boyfriend is also invited, although I do not know who he is. It will be interesting how all of this will be played out...

OOOPS! You are so right. Meant to say Beatrice and Eugenie slipped out. Some days my fingers have minds of their own. I would imagine with the order of precedence very much visible with this wedding that Sarah and the girl's boyfriends will most likely be seated together whereas Andrew and the princesses will be seated with William's family.

That makes sense, I guess... Sarah seems to always get in the way, doesn't she? I don't mean to sound snarky here, but she does seem to cause problems. :)

That makes sense, I guess... Sarah seems to always get in the way, doesn't she? I don't mean to sound snarky here, but she does seem to cause problems. :)
I don't think you're being snarky, udy, because it seems to me that yes, Sarah, a lot of what she does though with good intentions, just doesn't seem to turn out right.

The wedding is in the spring and if the show is airing in the summer, how does it impact the wedding? Or take advantage of the wedding hype?

I actually think Sarah showing up at the wedding, looking respectable I hope, will boost her image at least a little. But then I think the show in the summer will lower any image boost she had in the spring. Its always up and down with our Sarah.

CNN is not exactly the National Enquirer. It is a very conservative news outlet. But some will be unhappy about the 'news of the wedding' as long as it does not suit their agenda. I dont mean you Irish Eyes (mine are irish, too) but others who seem to have a certain agenda.

You're right--I have my own son's summer 2011 wedding on the brain! Sorry!

You're right--I have my own son's summer 2011 wedding on the brain! Sorry!

No need to apologize. Just wondering about the connection.

Congrats on your son's wedding.:flowers:

Back on topic...so the Oprah thing is still a work in progress. Fergie has been very quiet as of late. I wonder what else she is working on?

What an absolute slap in the face for all those creditors who excused her from her debts

According to the story she didn't buy anything but was simply carrying bags etc for the other person.

It might look bad that she had lots of cash - but did she buy anything fir herself or was she actually buying for someone else who was also buying elsewhere in the store?

Despite the crisp bank notes she flaunted in the exclusive Hermes department store, friends insisted Fergie, 51, did not buy anything and was simply ‘helping Ayda to carry her bags’.

I know that most people here will jump at me because I believe that this is a plausible explanation but unless we see what was bought with that cash and also see Sarah, wearing etc whatever it was, then I will believe her friends, rather than the hateful DM.

Last edited:
Despite the crisp bank notes she flaunted in the exclusive Hermes department store, friends insisted Fergie, 51, did not buy anything and was simply ‘helping Ayda to carry her bags’.

I know that most people here will jump at me because I believe that this is a plausible explanation but unless we see what was bought with that cash and also see Sarah, wearing etc whatever it was, then I will believe her friends, rather than the hateful DM.

A friend said? You mean like the insiders and friends and close confidants who swore up and down that she wasn't having financial problems 18 months ago?

Bertie, no offense, but you'll believe anything as long as it's pro-Sarah.

Last edited:
So Sarah should be left penniless under a motorway bridge?

What an absolute slap in the face for all those creditors who excused her from her debts

Yes, looks like she's reverting to type.:whistling:
That didn't take long!

Ada, generally speaking, such debt settlements at the levels that Sarah dug herself into have claw-back provisions. Had she gone the route of bankruptcy, there would have been no claw-back. Private debt settlements generally are handled with a "let's all be honorable about this, and if you aren't, we can (and will) re-instate our demands."

So she's done herself no favors by flashing the cash; having said that, it would be nearly impossible for her to flash any kind of card, as I'm sure that there is quite literally no one beyond her friends who will extend credit. Her former creditors are not fools. And they won't suffer fools, either.

"When someone shows you who they are, pay attention."

You can't save someone determined to ruin themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
...i dont like Oprah and i dont trust her. you dont get to be one of the richest women in the world by playing fair.

I'm not a fan of Oprah either, but your statement of her not playing fair has never, to my knowledge, been proven. Please provide some evidence.

Quote: "If that's where she placed herself by her own actions, yes. You can't save someone determined to ruin themselves."

There seems to be plenty of people out there who are willing to be seen in public with DoY. She's been invited to the wedding, she's vacationing with the DoY and her children at a posh resort in CH and on and on. Seems she has fans among those who matter to her. With money, I'll agree she is incorrigible, but she must have some qualities that are very, very redeeming.

Last edited:
I wish the media would leave her alone. Who knows if she wasn't invited to the trip by Robbie Williams' wife who pays for it because it's fun having her around? And maybe her daughters have given her some money to spent as a kind of repay of pocket money? Then in the shop she innocently shows her "riches" and laughs about her situation ironically, asking her friend: "Do you think I can afford at least a bottle of parfume to give to you as a thank you?"
And while both laugh a paparazzi sells her off....

It's not funny. She has rich friends and she still keeps them even though she is not having much cash at the moment, so I think the media should leave her alone so she can deal with her situation which is already wellknown. :flowers:

As long as Sarah makes herself a "show", the paparazzi will take pictures. Just like any celebrity. She's no longer a royal, she pretends to be a celebrity.

There seems to be plenty of people out there who are willing to be seen in public with DoY. She's been invited to the wedding, she's vacationing with the DoY and her children at a posh resort in CH and on and on. Seems she has fans among those who matter to her. With money, I'll agree she is incorrigible, but she must have some qualities that are very, very redeeming.

Rumor has it that she's been invited.
As for the ski vacation, that's not really saying much as it's been proven that Andrew seems to not care what she does.

I wish the media would leave her alone....

The last thing in the world Sarah wants is to be left alone. It's not good for her 'business.' Such as it is.

Quote: "If that's where she placed herself by her own actions, yes. You can't save someone determined to ruin themselves."

I'm really baffled by your response to my quote. It seemed more like an unrelated statement and I wish you'd amend your post accordingly.

For the record - with the exception of those who have actually RSVPd that they are coming - NO ONE knows beyond the invited/invitees WHO is on that guest list. If you have credible information to the contrary, KittyAtlanta, please provide me the link (from either BP or CH) with the guest list.

Last edited:
That vacation is to be expected as she's doing nothing else. Wonder if Oprah wanted the cameras there with her.

I wonder if this is where Oprah is getting footage of Sarah with Andrew and the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom