Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 16: January-May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be her Ferguson family, not the Royal Family, that they mean.

However you cut off the quote before is said 'including her daughters' who are very much members of the royal family.

I don't have a lot of faith in the DM, so their information may or may not be correct. But if Sarah did promise the camera access to her family, Oprah is smart enough to have it in writing.

I also don't believe that Sarah would ever intentionally sell out the RF, but she's going up against some pretty tough interviewers, who are capable of getting her upset and then getting her so say something that she doesn't really want to say.

I also don't believe that Sarah would ever intentionally sell out the RF...

But that's exactly what her most recent scandal was about - selling out Andrew, who is a member of the RF.

But that's exactly what her most recent scandal was about - selling out Andrew, who is a member of the RF.

The question that has to be asked though 'was it 'intentional'?

Was it planned to sell out Andrew or was it a matter of actually thinking that what she was doing was fine? (and I see nothing wrong with what she did - after all it happens all the time and is legal but others here disagree and I am not going to argue that point again).

The women is a a spoiled brat, she knew what she was doing, she knew why she was doing it because she doesn't want to work, she wants to live the high life while doing as little as possible. That she has her ex-husband under her thumb and that she abuses it (Living rent free, letting him pay off most of her debts, selling access to him) shows what a conniving little coward she is.

And Bertie, of course you see nothing wrong with what she did, from your posts it's clear you're a Sarah cheerleader. You're so far on her side of the line that you refuse to see her in anything but the best light regardless of the situation. And influence peddling may be common place, I don't argue that, but it is illegal.

Last edited:
The women is a a spoiled brat, she knew what she was doing, she knew why she was doing it because she doesn't want to work, she wants to live the high life while doing as little as possible. That she has her ex-husband under her thumb and that she abuses it (Living rent free, letting him pay off most of her debts, selling access to him) shows what a conniving little coward she is.

:flowers::ROFLMAO:
Wonderful post.

And Bertie, of course you see nothing wrong with what she did, from your posts it's clear you're a Sarah cheerleader. You're so far on her side of the line that you refuse to see her in anything but the best light regardless of the situation. And influence peddling may be common place, I don't argue that, but it is illegal.

She doesn't want to work is garbage. If that was the case then she would never had been able to pay off the debts she had in the first place. She worked very hard to pay them off. Then she made a bad decision at a time of global financial disaster and lost her money - she isn't alone in that but she, of course, was the cause of her losses not the world's economic meltdown. She made a miscalculation and it to be pilloried for it by some of the most vitriolic bile I have ever seen written on this board.

We don't know how she has got out of debt this time and unless you are privy to the arrangements between Andrew and Sarah you are only guessing. I don't think he is under her thumb at all but rather they have a wonderful partnership that works for them as a couple and as parents.

Influence peddling as you call it isn't illegal. It is done all the time by politicians and business leaders. It is actually called lobbying and in the US there are professionals who do it for a living. You scratch my back and I will scratch yours in the norm.

I save me condemnation for the paper that for the third time in a decade has set out to besmirch the BRF in the name of a story by finding a woman who was desperate and in need of help and what help did they give her - public humiliation for others to jeer at her and pour scorn on her.

My pity is for the people who have no compassion in them and didn't see this event for what it was - a crass piece of journalism designed to entertain the masses who glory in the suffering of others as I see many on this board have done.

I personally think this is a way for the 2 to live as husband and wife, and able to take a break when need be(that is the time she has her own house), the arragements keep her from doing royal duties, so they dont have to pay for this. Since this setup was done by the media, i find it hard to totally believe if it is all to be the way it is made to look. we have no idea the whole story that happened. we have seen small snipits of the video and we saw it in the order they wanted us to see it. We dont know what they did, if anything, to egg her one. maybe they were joking and telling 'whatif' stories and it just got out of hand.

My pity is for the people who have no compassion in them and didn't see this event for what it was - a crass piece of journalism designed to entertain the masses who glory in the suffering of others as I see many on this board have done.

Where there is money to be made, they will find a way to do it. Isn't this basically what Oprah is doing by airing "Finding Sarah?". And now we find there are reports that perhaps what they've filmed so far perhaps is not what they really want... a expose' of deep dark horrible secrets and scandal and face it.. pure sensationalism. Although the OWN network supposedly denies that they've called it boring, its also been said that they're having a very hard time getting co-operation from any of Sarah's family. Makes me think this is what they're after in the first place.

Every thing I've read about Sarah up to this point has shown me that she's a warmhearted, loving person that really cares about people. Perhaps one of her biggest faults right now is that she's just plain gullible and too trusting and the sharks out there know this. It is a sad world when entertainment is growing more and more at relishing in the misery and misfortunes of others. Give me reruns of Gilligan's Island any day.

On another note, I have to reinforce my beliefs that she will never ever denigrate anyone in the BRF and they're barking up the wrong tree if they think that somehow they're going to get it out of her. She's turned down something like 20+ offers to do commentary for William's wedding and I would imagine there's gobs of cash to be made doing that and all this before any mention of an invite to the wedding was whispered about in the press. What I'd really be happy to see is the OWN network totally scrapping the series as a no go.

The global financial disaster is to blame? Please. Her inability to curb her her desires for the high life is what got her into this second mess which she did not work her way out of.
While she did work her way of out of her first predicament (I readily acknowledge that) she's lived off of her family for the last few years. There's plenty of examples of her living first class and wasting money unnecessarily in the last few years, so one bad decision didn't destroy her.

Influence peddling isn't as simple as Quid Quo Pro and lobbying is done in the open. The deals that are done in secret are the type that get people in trouble for breaking the rules.

The Sun may be crass but Ferguson did what she did because she's greedy. Andrew ended up paying off her debts anyway, so what exactly was the point of that transaction? Oh yes, a ton of CASH under the table for her to use.

How exactly does the article besmirch the BRF? Sarah got her head beaten in and the family looked great for their calm in handling such a situation. The BRF has dug it's own holes and, regardless of what others do, it is their behavior that ultimately decides whether the family retains it's place.

Sarah's fault is not that she is greedy but rather that she is overly generous. She didn't get a large divorce settlement and what she got she gave half to her mother so her mother could save the heavily in debt ranch in Argentina that had been her husband's.

Initially Sarah was making very good money on the US speaking circuit, until Andrew sold Sunninghill (to which Sarah had signed away her share when they divorced, even though it was a wedding gift to BOTH of them) he didn't have large sums of money. A couple of years Sarah paid for his staff Christmas parties. She also funded their daughters' lifestyle, Andrew paid the school fees, she paid for everything else.

Sarah made a bad business decision, she sank all her money into a bad business deal. Much of her debt was from legal action (and the interest the US lawyers charged ) the debt spiralled, not from her spending but lawyers' fees and interest fees.

Andrew paid off her UK debts (with the sale of Sunninghill he made a huge profit) but Sarah is negociating the payment of her US debts and the Oprah deal is a way to make money.

She wasn't selling influence, she was selling access to Andrew an introduction. Not great but then he could have easily have said 'hello nice to meet you' and that would have been it. Not all lobbying is done in the open that's rather a naive view, Sarah got caught selling access, but then there are others in the business world who also sell access and don't get caught. She certainly was not the only person who had ever done it.

I don't have a lot of faith in the DM, so their information may or may not be correct. But if Sarah did promise the camera access to her family, Oprah is smart enough to have it in writing.

I also don't believe that Sarah would ever intentionally sell out the RF, but she's going up against some pretty tough interviewers, who are capable of getting her upset and then getting her so say something that she doesn't really want to say.

But she has said negative things in the past- I don't recall the exact circumstances but remember she gave an interview in which she was highly critical of the Queen for expecting her and her daughters to live in a place she considered inadequate. She kept saying "These were her grandchildren!"

I do think she is chiefly motivated by greed (hence those charming nicknames like Freebie Fergie and Duchess Dolittle), and the only control the RF has is that she doesn't want them to completely cut her loose. (If they did, I don't believe she'd last a year).

Enough.

This purpose of this thread is not to rehash Sarah's transgressions for the 100th time. Nor is to insult or condemn her.

Let's stick to current events. Any and all future posts that rehash the same ole same ole will be deleted without notice.

Wow lol...Sarah can't catch a break:lol:
Feel sorry for her.

I think this is another case of Sarah being too trusting and a little naive. She placed her hopes in Oprah helping her and her filming and activities sound as if it was quite accurate in how she described the series and content. Now Oprah has pulled a bait and switch and wants it more "dramatized", meaning she wants it sensational. I'm sure Oprah is also getting feedback from the sponsors who are going to place commercials and of course they want something that keeps bringing back audiences again and again. I would suspect they are the ones calling the series boring. Typical Hollywood.
I'm sure Sarah met with Oprah and her staff numerous times so Oprah knew exactly what content would be covered. It's too bad because I have the feeling that by putting out this story, it's already sounding the death knell for Sarah and her series.

OW did not make her $$$$ for "helping" people out. There was a "price" for that help. If Sarah didn't understand that then she truly is very naive. At the very least I'm sure it was desired to have an emotional and distraught Sarah so that the show would NOT be boring.

That would not have brought in the ratings. You can see people crying everywhere on tv. What they want is an in into the Royal Family. That brings in the viewers because they want to see her going through "detox" in front of her family.

That would not have brought in the ratings. You can see people crying everywhere on tv. What they want is an in into the Royal Family. That brings in the viewers because they want to see her going through "detox" in front of her family.

Exactly!
She's naive if she thinks people are all that interested in her; they haven't been since the divorce. Until the recent scandal she had all but disappeared from the tabloids (a fairly accurate gauge of someone's level of celebrity).

I think it's more of the same, if perhaps not quite so blatant_ Sarah offering access to the BRF in exchange for $$$.

It's telling that at the beginning, it was to be only Sarah and her journey and now the Oprah people are "suggesting" that her daughters be featured or included. That's a sure sign that they are interested in ratings as it would add to the "drama" in the series.

Has Oprah Realized That Reality TV Without Some Drama Is Boring? -- Vulture

"Oprah wants it to be more hard-hitting and revealing. She found it boring in parts and has ordered reshoots. The cameras have rolled as [Ferguson] endured grueling psychotherapy sessions with Dr. Phil, financial advisor Suze Orman and life coach Martha Beck. Oprah loved the drama and wants more of it."

I'm not sure how you do reshoots on a documentary. Isn't it humiliating enough for Sarah to be subjected to Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and Martha Beck, but now she has to act/be more dramatic? How is it "reality" then?

Has Oprah Realized That Reality TV Without Some Drama Is Boring? -- Vulture
"Oprah wants it to be more hard-hitting and revealing. She found it boring in parts and has ordered reshoots. The cameras have rolled as [Ferguson] endured grueling psychotherapy sessions with Dr. Phil, financial advisor Suze Orman and life coach Martha Beck. Oprah loved the drama and wants more of it."

I'm not sure how you do reshoots on a documentary. Isn't it humiliating enough for Sarah to be subjected to Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and Martha Beck, but now she has to act/be more dramatic? How is it "reality" then?

{Scene from the OWN filming studios}
Wait! Sarah! Not enough tears! Let me put some Vick's VapoRub under your eyes! Now take it from line 3 and WAIT.. get that hairdresser to make the hair less glossy and more unruly! We're going for serious down and out here folks and after 1,342 tries, please lets get it right this time?

The reality is that its made to LOOK like reality.

Considering her much lower profile in America it could be a ratings bomb. The show is more dependent on Oprah and her people keeping people interested in the network to begin with that Sarah pushing herself.

I hope it never gets aired. If Sarah has done her part for the filming, she has to be paid for it --- whether it is aired or not. She has nothing to lose.

I hope it never gets aired. If Sarah has done her part for the filming, she has to be paid for it --- whether it is aired or not. She has nothing to lose.
I was wondering about that: If she were already paid. Would be good if she were otherwise Oprah might "own" her for a bit until the contract is fulfilled.

I can only hope that Sarah had the good sense to have any contract with Oprah reviewed with a fine toothed comb by her attorneys and advisors before she signed anything.

I can only hope that Sarah had the good sense to have any contract with Oprah reviewed with a fine toothed comb by her attorneys and advisors before she signed anything.

Considering the claim that she gave total access to her family, I doubt she thought much on it once the fee began to bounce in her head.

Why not if the government does on its official website in relation to legislation that only applies to the royal family and had to be signed by the Queen (who also had to approve all addenda etc) so the Queen also had to approve her name being on this list.

As the Queen would have approved her name appearing on an official government list of those in the Royal Family why shouldn't Sarah regard herself as being a member of that family?

I believe it has to do with the fact that Sarah, Duchess of York still has a Royal Coat of Arms and that said Royal CoA is covered by the governmental legislation.
While Mark Philips has none which includes the Windsor-colours. It's surely to protect this Coat of Arms from her not her from something....:whistling:

Last edited:
Considering the claim that she gave total access to her family, I doubt she thought much on it once the fee began to bounce in her head.

She could not have given total access to her family. That is, unless she is talking about her blood relatives. Otherwise, her royal family are adults and she can promise access to them, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Her girls have reached their majority, have they not?

This is, of course, in a perfect world.

She could not have given total access to her family. That is, unless she is talking about her blood relatives. Otherwise, her royal family are adults and she can promise access to them, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Her girls have reached their majority, have they not?

This is, of course, in a perfect world.

That's what was mentioned in the article.

"She wants the series to be the very best it can be. Sarah had also said the cameras would have access to members of her family, including her daughters, but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom