The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
What an absolute slap in the face for all those creditors who excused her from her debts

Yes, looks like she's reverting to type.
That didn't take long!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
What an absolute slap in the face for all those creditors who excused her from her debts
Ada, generally speaking, such debt settlements at the levels that Sarah dug herself into have claw-back provisions. Had she gone the route of bankruptcy, there would have been no claw-back. Private debt settlements generally are handled with a "let's all be honorable about this, and if you aren't, we can (and will) re-instate our demands."

So she's done herself no favors by flashing the cash; having said that, it would be nearly impossible for her to flash any kind of card, as I'm sure that there is quite literally no one beyond her friends who will extend credit. Her former creditors are not fools. And they won't suffer fools, either.

"When someone shows you who they are, pay attention."

You can't save someone determined to ruin themselves.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
...i dont like Oprah and i dont trust her. you dont get to be one of the richest women in the world by playing fair.
I'm not a fan of Oprah either, but your statement of her not playing fair has never, to my knowledge, been proven. Please provide some evidence.

Quote: "If that's where she placed herself by her own actions, yes. You can't save someone determined to ruin themselves."

There seems to be plenty of people out there who are willing to be seen in public with DoY. She's been invited to the wedding, she's vacationing with the DoY and her children at a posh resort in CH and on and on. Seems she has fans among those who matter to her. With money, I'll agree she is incorrigible, but she must have some qualities that are very, very redeeming.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

I wish the media would leave her alone. Who knows if she wasn't invited to the trip by Robbie Williams' wife who pays for it because it's fun having her around? And maybe her daughters have given her some money to spent as a kind of repay of pocket money? Then in the shop she innocently shows her "riches" and laughs about her situation ironically, asking her friend: "Do you think I can afford at least a bottle of parfume to give to you as a thank you?"
And while both laugh a paparazzi sells her off....

It's not funny. She has rich friends and she still keeps them even though she is not having much cash at the moment, so I think the media should leave her alone so she can deal with her situation which is already wellknown.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

As long as Sarah makes herself a "show", the paparazzi will take pictures. Just like any celebrity. She's no longer a royal, she pretends to be a celebrity.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
There seems to be plenty of people out there who are willing to be seen in public with DoY. She's been invited to the wedding, she's vacationing with the DoY and her children at a posh resort in CH and on and on. Seems she has fans among those who matter to her. With money, I'll agree she is incorrigible, but she must have some qualities that are very, very redeeming.
Rumor has it that she's been invited.
As for the ski vacation, that's not really saying much as it's been proven that Andrew seems to not care what she does.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I wish the media would leave her alone....
The last thing in the world Sarah wants is to be left alone. It's not good for her 'business.' Such as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Quote: "If that's where she placed herself by her own actions, yes. You can't save someone determined to ruin themselves."

I'm really baffled by your response to my quote. It seemed more like an unrelated statement and I wish you'd amend your post accordingly.

For the record - with the exception of those who have actually RSVPd that they are coming - NO ONE knows beyond the invited/invitees WHO is on that guest list. If you have credible information to the contrary, KittyAtlanta, please provide me the link (from either BP or CH) with the guest list.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Another holiday, Fergie? Strapped-for-cash Duchess of York flies from Caribbean to Alps to go skiing with ex Andy | Mail Online
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Nobility

That vacation is to be expected as she's doing nothing else. Wonder if Oprah wanted the cameras there with her.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Gentry

I wonder if this is where Oprah is getting footage of Sarah with Andrew and the girls.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy's mom View Post
I wonder if this is where Oprah is getting footage of Sarah with Andrew and the girls.
Andrew looks like he's a few camera flashes away from punching the photographers in the face...
Old 02-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

It looks as if Sarah didn't learn from her disaster last summer. There has been no confirmation that she has been invited to William's wedding. As I've said in other threads there has only been two guests officially confirmed so far.
Sarah may be using money she's received from the Oprah project. Andrew doesn't have cause to look angry if he's taken his ex-wife out in public to ski, he can expect the paparazzi to be there.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Majesty

That's likely true. The surprising thing is that she doesn't know how to handle money. Didn't anyone ever tell her not to flash money around? Even leaving alone the face that she made and her tacky behaviour with the money, it's not safe to show money in public. If the photographer got a picture of her with the handful of cash, a mugger might have seen her as well. Not smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Sarah may be using money she's received from the Oprah project.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
That's likely true. The surprising thing is that she doesn't know how to handle money. Didn't anyone ever tell her not to flash money around? Even leaving alone the face that she made and her tacky behaviour with the money, it's not safe to show money in public. If the photographer got a picture of her with the handful of cash, a mugger might have seen her as well. Not smart.
Very true though no matter what mistakes Sarah has made I would never wish for her to be penniless I'd rather see her get her life back on track even if she still has minor blips along the way.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

I do think it's a shame that Sarah seems to face such constant criticism for the slightest little thing. She wasn't "flashing money around", she was inside a shop and happened to be snapped by some predatory papparazzo, and all of a sudden her name is mud again.

We really don't know the facts here. Maybe none of the purchases were actually hers. And if they were - well, she has plenty of rich friends and if they want to lend / give her a bit of cash, then why not? They obviously enjoy her company and have a lot a time for her. It's hardly our business whether or not she goes on holiday, or how often. I'm sure a lot of her trips are for free, so the creditors don't really come into it.

A lot of people seem to want to see her destitute and penniless. Sarah may have made mistakes, but she's done a lot of good in the world as well. And whilst she may no longer be royal, she is the mother of two Princesses, and in my view should be entitled to a certain standard of lifestyle, in keeping with her position. Please just give her a break!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
A lot of people seem to want to see her destitute and penniless. Sarah may have made mistakes, but she's done a lot of good in the world as well. And whilst she may no longer be royal, she is the mother of two Princesses, and in my view should be entitled to a certain standard of lifestyle, in keeping with her position. Please just give her a break!
It's not about wanting to see her destitute it's about people being tired of her living a life that she clearly can't sustain on her own.

She's a child who lives in a fantasy world where she actually is entitled to such a life and to make matters worst no one will tell her otherwise.

Being the mother of princesses is not grounds to live the high life.
She's never learned to stand on her own two feet. Yes she pulled herself out of debt the first time but that was on the back of her style of "Duchess of York. Then she got herself deeper than ever and people reported that she didn't slow down her extravagant lifestyle and rather trying to get herself out legitimately we saw what happened last spring and than she was bailed out by Andrew.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Nobility

It's seems Sarah's documentary really ruffled feathers at a high level.

Wikileaks shows Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, caused row with Turkey | Mail Online
Old 02-06-2011, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Agreed. It was her flashing the money that surprised me, not her having it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Very true though no matter what mistakes Sarah has made I would never wish for her to be penniless I'd rather see her get her life back on track even if she still has minor blips along the way.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Majesty

She held the money upright, like it was a paper fan. Most women take money out of their wallets, count it out discretely, and give it to the cashier or lay it on the counter near the cashier. They don't make a display of it. I have absolutely no problem with Sarah purchasing items, but for someone to show his or her cash in such a public way is dangerous. I'd say the same thing to a young person or an adult: don't display your money when there are strangers around.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
...she may no longer be royal, she is the mother of two Princesses, and in my view should be entitled ...
And therein lies the tale. Sarah continues to feel a sense of entitlement in line with being royal; she's not royal, no "may" about it. She is entitled to nothing more than any of the rest of the world. She's had tremendous opportunities that the rest of the world has not, to earn millions by exploiting her former position - and she has, she has. But her overweening sense of entitlement leads her again and again to the same place.

It's really, really a shame. Because this is a person who came into a spotlight which she enjoyed and to a public which, for a long time (including me) thought she was really a great breath of air. I loved how she punctured Andrew's stuffiness from time to time. I thought they were well matched.

In my opinion, she stopped developing emotionally right around the time of her first year of marriage. Like that first hit of a very powerful drug, Sarah was immersed in her love for her husband, the heady thrill of being a royal and all the perks that were now at her command, and the waves of adulation that came roaring from the general public and press. And who wouldn't have loved that? Wow, I know I would have. The problem is that, it was a honeymoon in all aspects, and then there's real life. She's not succeeded at real life, because she's still "chasing the dragon" of that first year high.

Her sense of entitlement will never leave her, and until it does, she's doomed to repeat. She's too damned old to be this willfully ignorant. What is attractive and forgivable in your twenties looks foolish in your fifties.