The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
But would they say no? It's been touched upon how the girls and Andrew seem unable to practice tough love. Would they have it in them to say no if they believed or were convinced that it was best for Sarah to have them included?

It's more than a bit of a train wreck waiting to happen if they do agree cause Oprah won't hold back on such a juicy opportunity. As Osipi mentioned it'd have to be put to the Queen and that might be the only thing stopping it in the end.
If it really was up for debate whatever about the girls I don't think they'd get the Ok from Andrew on this occasion, and as you point out the Queen would be consulted.
No they don't have in it them to practice tough love and I don't think they ever will.
__________________

  #102  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
What a wonderful post Osipi and I agree with you 100%.
The dust has settled a bit and maybe with her family supporting her and Andrew's financial help she might be in a better place.
Nothing is ever straight forward with Sarah, she is both vunerable and strong in ways. To have lived this roller coaster life for over 20 years takes a lot of inner resolve.
Even at her lowest point speaking to Oprah within days of the scandal she wouldn't quote Andrew, a few months on and still having Andrew's friendship she might talk a bit but she wouldn't reveal all Oprah would want.
__________________

  #103  
Old 01-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
Quite possible, but this sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it? I'm surprised that Sarah would think it was ok to promise something like that.
She's not known for thinking things through, is she? She's a big kid, impulse control is not in her nature so a promise to all-access (If she indeed did make that deal) means nothing from her perspective.

A good guess might be that she saw a chance to make money legitimately by working with one of the world's most famous women and she thought it a great way to make a comeback without thinking through the consequences of what she promised.

Even if she didn't promise the access she's still surrounded by Oprah's people, who are being told to re-shoot to make the program more hard hitting. That's got to be a bit scary to think of what could happen now that it seems Oprah's sicking her dogs at Sarah with the intent to spill blood.
  #104  
Old 01-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
That's what was mentioned in the article.

"She wants the series to be the very best it can be. Sarah had also said the cameras would have access to members of her family, including her daughters, but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it"
You know what...I think we are all reading too much into this quote, thinking that Sarah signed away access to her daughters. Firstly, after the cash-for-access scandal, I can bet you that Prince Andrew was told to keep an eye on Sarah's dealings with the media. And if Sarah were promising access to Beatrice and Eugenie, I can also guarantee again that Andrew would have to give his blessing first. I don't think Andrew would let the media have unlimited access to his daughters.

The media has had access to Beatrice and Eugenie before--the Turkish orphanages documentary comes to mind. I suspect that Sarah promised Oprah (with Andrew's blessing) that the girls would appear on the show. That could mean five minutes of footage of them visiting a charity with Sarah. Sarah wouldn't have signed a contract with specific details such as, "You can film the girls at school/you will have an hour to interview them." If she'd signed such a contract, Oprah could probably sue her for breach of contract...but I'm not getting that impression from the Daily Mail article. It sounds more like a production team irritated because they were promised access to Beatrice and Eugenie and are getting much more limited access than they wanted.

As some have mentioned, I wonder about Andrew's trip to New York. Does anyone think he'll make an appearance in this "documentary"...even just a cameo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The more we discuss this, the more I think the whole deal is heading for a train wreck. There's something very wrong with this and I can't really put my finger exactly on what it is yet. Its not so much the girls and Andrew as I can almost guarantee that they'll NOT be included in the show. The show has been delayed till after William and Kate's wedding where as any smart PR person would think, it would draw a larger audience in the US while everyone is catching "royal fever". Perhaps what Oprah sensed that she could draw out of Sarah from that last appearance just isn't materializing the way she wants it. I do think she was really trying to somehow get "dirt" on the royal family and the inside scoops of what went wrong with Sarah's and Andrew's marriage and that just isn't going to materialize. Sarah has had time to sit back and calm down from the "access" scandal and as she has said "its time to mother herself" and I guess that's what she believed that Oprah wanted. As someone said earlier, it seems like the OWN network isn't doing as well as was expected and they're looking for sensationalistic "never heard before" dirt and just not finding it. Ahh.. we'll see but I really do hope they scrap the whole thing.

Perhaps what at first looked like a light at the end of the tunnel for Sarah is actually an oncoming train.
Oncoming train...I think unfortunately that this is a good analogy.

I agree with you...Oprah wanted to expose skeletons in the royal closet.
But after 20 years, there is probably nothing left to expose (or at least, nothing more that Sarah is willing to expose)...and Oprah is just discovering this, to her frustration.
  #105  
Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
Quite possible, but this sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it? I'm surprised that Sarah would think it was ok to promise something like that.
Yes, I agree, it does sound familiar. The Sarah who is eager to please who will promise anything to be liked, yes it is familar.
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
  #106  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
The media has had access to Beatrice and Eugenie before--the Turkish orphanages documentary comes to mind. I suspect that Sarah promised Oprah (with Andrew's blessing) that the girls would appear on the show. That could mean five minutes of footage of them visiting a charity with Sarah. Sarah wouldn't have signed a contract with specific details such as, "You can film the girls at school/you will have an hour to interview them." If she'd signed such a contract, Oprah could probably sue her for breach of contract...but I'm not getting that impression from the Daily Mail article. It sounds more like a production team irritated because they were promised access to Beatrice and Eugenie and are getting much more limited access than they wanted.
Were they promised access to Beatrice and Eugenie specifically? The article says 'her family' which could mean her sister etc.
  #107  
Old 01-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Were they promised access to Beatrice and Eugenie specifically? The article says 'her family' which could mean her sister etc.
To quote the article: "She wants the series to be the very best it can be. Sarah had also said the cameras would have access to members of her family, including her daughters, but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it."

Oprah Winfrey delays Fergie's TV show because it's 'too boring' | Mail Online
  #108  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 780
Wanting the series to be the very best it can be could just be an excuse for postponing it after William's wedding when the "royal fever" should be at its peak in the USA (if there is gonna be a royal fever). Royal fever means higher ratings...
  #109  
Old 01-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: not far from Zurich, Switzerland
Posts: 647
I find this very strange
  #110  
Old 01-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
Wanting the series to be the very best it can be could just be an excuse for postponing it after William's wedding when the "royal fever" should be at its peak in the USA (if there is gonna be a royal fever). Royal fever means higher ratings...
I would think that after the wedding people will start to lose interest after all the hoopla building up until the 29th. I can't turn the TV on here without seeing an ad for a copy of the engagement ring at least 3 times a day if not more. Many, many channels here are scheduling programming related to the wedding between now and the ceremony including Lifetime having a movie about Wills and Kate's long courtship. The higher rankings would be before the wedding and not after IMO
  #111  
Old 01-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would think that after the wedding people will start to lose interest after all the hoopla building up until the 29th. I can't turn the TV on here without seeing an ad for a copy of the engagement ring at least 3 times a day if not more. Many, many channels here are scheduling programming related to the wedding between now and the ceremony including Lifetime having a movie about Wills and Kate's long courtship. The higher rankings would be before the wedding and not after IMO
I think you are spot on Osipi, even the most enthusiastic of royal watchers will have their fill after the 29th. The last thing Sarah would want is negative media coverage before the wedding so she mightn't be too disappointed about the delay especially if an invite is a possibility.
On another note I think Sarah looks very well in the first photo of the DM's article. Her hair and make up is nice, it's the first time I've been able to say that for a while.
  #112  
Old 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I think you are spot on Osipi, even the most enthusiastic of royal watchers will have their fill after the 29th. The last thing Sarah would want is negative media coverage before the wedding so she mightn't be too disappointed about the delay especially if an invite is a possibility.
On another note I think Sarah looks very well in the first photo of the DM's article. Her hair and make up is nice, it's the first time I've been able to say that for a while.
With that head of hair, I always thought Sarah was quite pretty although there have been some photos of her where she does really look washed out and horrible. As it is reportedly so that Sarah will be invited to the wedding, she's probably glad too I think. I just really wonder what her thoughts are when she heard that what she has given so far is not enough. I think I'd feel like I've been drained of blood and they're coming back for more like vultures.

You're right that most folks are going to be very done with royalty stuff after the 29th but we *know* here we'll be rehashing everything and anything well through the summer.
  #113  
Old 01-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would think that after the wedding people will start to lose interest after all the hoopla building up until the 29th. I can't turn the TV on here without seeing an ad for a copy of the engagement ring at least 3 times a day if not more. Many, many channels here are scheduling programming related to the wedding between now and the ceremony including Lifetime having a movie about Wills and Kate's long courtship. The higher rankings would be before the wedding and not after IMO

I wa going to disagree on this but after some thought I believe this to be true. The only people who will win from the after wedding hoopla will be the mags. It'll be just like an awards show, the fashion critiques and gossip will play for a day or two and then the commemorative magazines will mop up the rest. OWN has to position that show quite carefully, probably the weekend before but nothing closer than two days before so as not to get tangled with people getting up early for the ceremony.
  #114  
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To quote the article: "She wants the series to be the very best it can be. Sarah had also said the cameras would have access to members of her family, including her daughters, but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it."

Oprah Winfrey delays Fergie's TV show because it's 'too boring' | Mail Online

Sorry - I had forgotten the bit about the daughters being mentioned.
  #115  
Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 AM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,785
I like Sarah honestly I really do and I want to believe that if this series does go through she'll make sure it's done as a way not to hurt her family in any possible way but then the other half of me thinks my god this is Oprah I doubt Oprah would allow that after all Oprah seems very manipulative, so half of me just wants the show to be pulled all together.

Has this been posted sorry if it has...
Oprah denies rumours she`s unhappy with Sarah Ferguson`s new show - Monsters and Critics
  #116  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Dymphna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gettysburg, PA, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
She's not known for thinking things through, is she? She's a big kid, impulse control is not in her nature so a promise to all-access (If she indeed did make that deal) means nothing from her perspective.

A good guess might be that she saw a chance to make money legitimately by working with one of the world's most famous women and she thought it a great way to make a comeback without thinking through the consequences of what she promised.

Even if she didn't promise the access she's still surrounded by Oprah's people, who are being told to re-shoot to make the program more hard hitting. That's got to be a bit scary to think of what could happen now that it seems Oprah's sicking her dogs at Sarah with the intent to spill blood.
Apt description. I wonder if she had any idea what she was in for with Oprah.
  #117  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Dymphna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gettysburg, PA, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Yes, I agree, it does sound familiar. The Sarah who is eager to please who will promise anything to be liked, yes it is familar.
It could be that the originator of the story thought that because it would sound familiar, it would be believable.
  #118  
Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Dymphna's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Gettysburg, PA, United States
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I like Sarah honestly I really do and I want to believe that if this series does go through she'll make sure it's done as a way not to hurt her family in any possible way but then the other half of me thinks my god this is Oprah I doubt Oprah would allow that after all Oprah seems very manipulative, so half of me just wants the show to be pulled all together.

Has this been posted sorry if it has...
Oprah denies rumours she`s unhappy with Sarah Ferguson`s new show - Monsters and Critics
It seems that it will be aired in the summer. Around the time of the wedding, perhaps..?
  #119  
Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
It seems that it will be aired in the summer. Around the time of the wedding, perhaps..?
Gosh I hope not, negative headlines before the wedding would be another set back for Sarah.
It might be in May, around the scandal anniversary, you know "One Year On" type of thing.
  #120  
Old 01-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Gosh I hope not, negative headlines before the wedding would be another set back for Sarah.
It might be in May, around the scandal anniversary, you know "One Year On" type of thing.
It'll probably air when its been redone enough that Oprah thinks its "hard hitting" enough to entertain the masses. I really don't see how this program can come out as anything but negative in the way Sarah is viewed by the public. I thought otherwise and was hoping it would be a good thing for her until the latest reports on the show came out.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 Zonk The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 863 Today 11:44 AM
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 1: January 2003-September 2004 Jacqueline Current Events Archive 170 09-23-2004 04:30 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll fox news grahamm grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdulah ii king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess eugenie eveningwear princess ingrid alexandra princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania revolution royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises