Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Has Oprah Realized That Reality TV Without Some Drama Is Boring? -- Vulture
"Oprah wants it to be more hard-hitting and revealing. She found it boring in parts and has ordered reshoots. The cameras have rolled as [Ferguson] endured grueling psychotherapy sessions with Dr. Phil, financial advisor Suze Orman and life coach Martha Beck. Oprah loved the drama and wants more of it."

I'm not sure how you do reshoots on a documentary. Isn't it humiliating enough for Sarah to be subjected to Dr. Phil, Suze Orman and Martha Beck, but now she has to act/be more dramatic? How is it "reality" then?

{Scene from the OWN filming studios}
Wait! Sarah! Not enough tears! Let me put some Vick's VapoRub under your eyes! Now take it from line 3 and WAIT.. get that hairdresser to make the hair less glossy and more unruly! We're going for serious down and out here folks and after 1,342 tries, please lets get it right this time?

The reality is that its made to LOOK like reality.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Oprah’s OWN Has First Series Casualty -- Vulture

This article says that OWN debuted with 1 million viewers "but has steadily lost viewers since." That doesn't sound so good. By the time "Finding Sarah" airs, will anyone even be watching?

Old 01-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Nobility

Considering her much lower profile in America it could be a ratings bomb. The show is more dependent on Oprah and her people keeping people interested in the network to begin with that Sarah pushing herself.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope it never gets aired. If Sarah has done her part for the filming, she has to be paid for it --- whether it is aired or not. She has nothing to lose.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I hope it never gets aired. If Sarah has done her part for the filming, she has to be paid for it --- whether it is aired or not. She has nothing to lose.
I was wondering about that: If she were already paid. Would be good if she were otherwise Oprah might "own" her for a bit until the contract is fulfilled.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I can only hope that Sarah had the good sense to have any contract with Oprah reviewed with a fine toothed comb by her attorneys and advisors before she signed anything.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I can only hope that Sarah had the good sense to have any contract with Oprah reviewed with a fine toothed comb by her attorneys and advisors before she signed anything.
Considering the claim that she gave total access to her family, I doubt she thought much on it once the fee began to bounce in her head.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why not if the government does on its official website in relation to legislation that only applies to the royal family and had to be signed by the Queen (who also had to approve all addenda etc) so the Queen also had to approve her name being on this list.

As the Queen would have approved her name appearing on an official government list of those in the Royal Family why shouldn't Sarah regard herself as being a member of that family?
I believe it has to do with the fact that Sarah, Duchess of York still has a Royal Coat of Arms and that said Royal CoA is covered by the governmental legislation.
While Mark Philips has none which includes the Windsor-colours. It's surely to protect this Coat of Arms from her not her from something....
Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Considering the claim that she gave total access to her family, I doubt she thought much on it once the fee began to bounce in her head.
She could not have given total access to her family. That is, unless she is talking about her blood relatives. Otherwise, her royal family are adults and she can promise access to them, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Her girls have reached their majority, have they not?

This is, of course, in a perfect world.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
She could not have given total access to her family. That is, unless she is talking about her blood relatives. Otherwise, her royal family are adults and she can promise access to them, but that doesn't guarantee anything. Her girls have reached their majority, have they not?

This is, of course, in a perfect world.
That's what was mentioned in the article.

"She wants the series to be the very best it can be. Sarah had also said the cameras would have access to members of her family, including her daughters, but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it"
Old 01-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

There you go. Smart girls.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Nobility

I never mentioned the difficulty of getting access to her family, let alone disagreed with you on the matter so I'm not sure where, "there you go" comes from, like you just proved a point.

We were talking about the show and the repercussions it might have on her. I mentioned the all access point as something she would give up, going by past behavior, if enough money was thrown her way.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Like most of you I don't particularly like the sound of Sarah's show and I don't think Beatrice and Eugenie should get involved in it.
Having said that the most Sarah could really promise is that she would discuss it with her family.
If Andrew and/or the girls do feature in the show they have obviously agreed to do so. Sarah hasn't held a gun to anyones head and forced them to take a flight to New York and be filmed by OWN.
If Sarah asked them to be involved they are young women able to make their own decisions, and they could say "No Mum, I hope the show works out for you but I don't want to be a part of it".
If it was a case of Oprah saying "No daughters, no show" the girls would still have to agree to do it, and more than likely Andrew would also have to give his blessing.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I never mentioned the difficulty of getting access to her family, let alone disagreed with you on the matter so I'm not sure where, "there you go" comes from, like you just proved a point.

We were talking about the show and the repercussions it might have on her. I mentioned the all access point as something she would give up, going by past behavior, if enough money was thrown her way.
My "there you go" was not directed at you or your conversation. It was merely my response to "... but we are finding it hard to get them to be part of it". I have no desire to prove a point to you or anyone else.

There you go!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
If it was a case of Oprah saying "No daughters, no show" the girls would still have to agree to do it, and more than likely Andrew would also have to give his blessing.
I would imagine also that it would have to be put to the Queen too before any of the royal family appeared on an American talk show especially one that is supposedly going "deep" into Sarah Ferguson's problems. I don't think I'd really want to know what words would come out of Philip's mouth on this one.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
If Sarah asked them to be involved they are young women able to make their own decisions, and they could say "No Mum, I hope the show works out for you but I don't want to be a part of it". If it was a case of Oprah saying "No daughters, no show" the girls would still have to agree to do it, and more than likely Andrew would also have to give his blessing.
But would they say no? It's been touched upon how the girls and Andrew seem unable to practice tough love. Would they have it in them to say no if they believed or were convinced that it was best for Sarah to have them included?

It's more than a bit of a train wreck waiting to happen if they do agree cause Oprah won't hold back on such a juicy opportunity. As Osipi mentioned it'd have to be put to the Queen and that might be the only thing stopping it in the end.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

If Sarah did indeed promise access to the royal family, what was she thinking?! Did she honestly think that Andrew and/or the girls would appear on a reality show in the U.S.?!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
If Sarah did indeed promise access to the royal family, what was she thinking?! Did she honestly think that Andrew and/or the girls would appear on a reality show in the U.S.?!
Perhaps in a moment of weakness she over promised and now is under delivering?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It's more than a bit of a train wreck waiting to happen if they do agree cause Oprah won't hold back on such a juicy opportunity.
The more we discuss this, the more I think the whole deal is heading for a train wreck. There's something very wrong with this and I can't really put my finger exactly on what it is yet. Its not so much the girls and Andrew as I can almost guarantee that they'll NOT be included in the show. The show has been delayed till after William and Kate's wedding where as any smart PR person would think, it would draw a larger audience in the US while everyone is catching "royal fever". Perhaps what Oprah sensed that she could draw out of Sarah from that last appearance just isn't materializing the way she wants it. I do think she was really trying to somehow get "dirt" on the royal family and the inside scoops of what went wrong with Sarah's and Andrew's marriage and that just isn't going to materialize. Sarah has had time to sit back and calm down from the "access" scandal and as she has said "its time to mother herself" and I guess that's what she believed that Oprah wanted. As someone said earlier, it seems like the OWN network isn't doing as well as was expected and they're looking for sensationalistic "never heard before" dirt and just not finding it. Ahh.. we'll see but I really do hope they scrap the whole thing.

Perhaps what at first looked like a light at the end of the tunnel for Sarah is actually an oncoming train.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Perhaps in a moment of weakness she over promised and now is under delivering?
Quite possible, but this sounds a bit familiar, doesn't it? I'm surprised that Sarah would think it was ok to promise something like that.

Closed Thread