The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I still doubt she's getting six figures. If the show becomes a "hit" that will undoubtedly open up her negotiating rights. This sort of thing and a show like Desperate Housewives are very different and the actresses on that show are well-known and proven. Sarah is not an actress that has had previous success in television/movies. She is a public figure/celebrity. The cast from Jersey Shore only got an increase in their salaries after the show was deemed succesful. Not when it was just starting out. The category of Sarah's show will also play a role in her salary. If it's truy a documentary (as opposed to a reality show) she would get considerably less as most documentaries are on more limited budgets.
Bella - I think you are confusing the cast of "Desperate Housewives" which is a series which airs on ABC (a major broadcast network) with the "Real Housewives" reality shows franchise on Bravo (a minor cable network.) I am comparing Sarah's show - a "reality" show - with the Real Housewives. Here is a link to the original franchise of that series for your reference: The Real Housewives of Orange County - Season 6 - Bravo TV Official Site

If you see my later post, I make the point that Oprah's is a minor cable network with far less money. Oprah optioned 6 shows with the possibility of more. At the top end of the newbie range of $10K per show, times 6 shows, equals $60,000 - not in the six figures by any stretch. She's coming in with a higher profile than the ladies (and I use that term loosely) of the Real Housewives franchises. As those ladies became better known, their pay got popped up to $10K per episode. I don't see $10K per episode as being a particularly rich payday, I must admit. Figure that there is between 10 & 12 times as much footage shot as one sees on an edited final 1/2 hour or hour show.

So I think that Sarah's getting paid a max of $10K per show for six shows, with the possibility of more if she scores well in ratings. I'm sure she's hoping for life beyond this series, though. If this is the end of the line for her, it's a rather ignoble end, withering on a ratings-challenged third tier cable network.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Think she's doing to to force Andrew's hand? That little niggling thought is in the back of Russo's mind. . ..(along with cobwebs and other assorted nasties. . . )

Old 05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile
Think she's doing to to force Andrew's hand? That little niggling thought is in the back of Russo's mind. . ..(along with cobwebs and other assorted nasties. . . )
I am sure Freud would have loved to take a peek in there!

My thing is, did she really need to be hypnotised to know she made one of the most foolish mistakes in her life?
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Andrew must have given his blessing to the show on some level, because his daughters are on it.

Re: Sarah undergoing hypnosis for the show - she didn't say anything under hypnosis that she hasn't said countless times before (that she regrets divorcing Andrew). It seems like Sarah just lives more and more in the past, with her thoughts revolving around that long-ago wedding day. Prince Andrew has said he regrets his divorce, so I don't see why Sarah would be making something up. With Sarah talking about it more and more, he's probably thinking about it more, himself.

You know, the show is supposed to be about finding the authentic Sarah. I think we are getting to see the real Sarah - the one who used to consult psychics, mediums and probably hypnotists as well. I think she's been doing these things all along, but it was kept under wraps to protect her public image of a successful businesswoman and single mom. Now Sarah doesn't have an image to protect.

It's sad - Sarah "blew it" not once but twice. Things were going well for her in America for a while, but this documentary is just making her look like a mess. The harder it is for her to rebuild her career, the more she will tell everyone how much she regrets the past. The royal family has a problem on their hands, because Sarah is not going to go away.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Well yes, we all know she blew it, however, anyone think she's really smarter than we think she is? She's blown it now wants to get her own way and this is how she's going about it? Sort of passive/agressive forcing her way back into the BRF?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Prince Andrew must have given his blessing to the show on some level, because his daughters are on it.
I think you must be right. I guess this shouldn't surprise me, but it does. I guess Andrew really wanted her to get help.

Quote:
Re: Sarah undergoing hypnosis for the show - she didn't say anything under hypnosis that she hasn't said countless times before (that she regrets divorcing Andrew). It seems like Sarah just lives more and more in the past, with her thoughts revolving around that long-ago wedding day. Prince Andrew has said he regrets his divorce, so I don't see why Sarah would be making something up. With Sarah talking about it more and more, he's probably thinking about it more, himself.
Very astute observation. She seems to be reaching back to the past to form her identity. What will she do when the girls are "out of the house"?[/COLOR]

Quote:
It's sad - Sarah "blew it" not once but twice. Things were going well for her in America for a while, but this documentary is just making her look like a mess. The harder it is for her to rebuild her career, the more she will tell everyone how much she regrets the past. The royal family has a problem on their hands, because Sarah is not going to go away.
I think this is the crux of the situation. Sarah will probably continue to live with Andrew and probably still seek publicity, putting the RF and her specific story in the public eye over and over.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

You know, the show is supposed to be about finding the authentic Sarah. I think we are getting to see the real Sarah - the one who used to consult psychics, mediums and probably hypnotists as well. I think she's been doing these things all along, but it was kept under wraps to protect her public image of a successful businesswoman and single mom. Now Sarah doesn't have an image to protect.

I truly hope that he allowed his daughters to make their own decision in terms of being on their mother's " Woe Is Me" reality show since they are both adults now. Hopefully he advised them of pitfalls of being apart something like this and they would have to deal what comes from it. Of what I have read where he says anything about regret over the divorce the stated that he felt he disappointed his parents in the failure of his marriage since it was the third divorce in a row for the RF. At some point the well runs dry. For Andrew's sake I hope it finally has.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Well yes, we all know she blew it, however, anyone think she's really smarter than we think she is? She's blown it now wants to get her own way and this is how she's going about it? Sort of passive/agressive forcing her way back into the BRF?
I get the sense that Sarah doesn't really know what she's doing right now - she's just looking for someone to come in and fix all her problems. For sure, she wants to be back in the royal family again, but I think she knows that's not possible at the same time - but like you, I get the sense that she might be hoping that if she complains loud enough, the royal family will take pity on her and let her back in. I'm sure the exact opposite is happening, though - they're probably thanking their lucky stars that she's not still in the family!

I do think, though, that Sarah's frustrations are going to take their toll on Andrew. If he really starts to get the sense that Charles is going to pare back the royal family, that he's not really wanted and that there won't be any role for his daughters in the future, I think eventually he might decide that he may as well go against his family and marry Sarah again just to make her happy.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I get the sense that Sarah doesn't really know what she's doing right now - she's just looking for someone to come in and fix all her problems. For sure, she wants to be back in the royal family again, but I think she knows that's not possible at the same time - but like you, I get the sense that she might be hoping that if she complains loud enough, the royal family will take pity on her and let her back in. I'm sure the exact opposite is happening, though - they're probably thanking their lucky stars that she's not still in the family!
BINGO! I think that's the nail getting hit on the head there. And this is one way of her to force that situation.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
BINGO! I think that's the nail getting hit on the head there. And this is one way of her to force that situation.
Unfortunetly, with public opinion against her, she can whine all she wants, it won't happen.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Courtier

She's basically saying "I need a pension plan!" And Andrew is her pension plan.

I agree that she may be doing this all to get the BRF to take "pity" on her and give her all she desires, but since she had it all and spoilt it herself, why should/would/could they?

The York girls have already been provided for.

I wish Sarah peace of mind and heart but I don't see this TV thing as being the roadmap to get there.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Majesty

In every account of the divorce I have read, it's that SARAH pushed for both the separation and the divorce. HM the Queen is said to have wept and urged her to reconsider...but she would not.

I think she was in the middle of her affair with that Steve Wyatt guy and she thought she was going to have both her freedom and access to all the Wyatt $$$$..but it all blew up in her face in spectacular fashion.

So she ended up with no Andrew, no home, and none of the security and protection the Royal house could have afforded her.

For her to moan and complain about how things worked out...even allegedly under hypnosis...is just really beyond irritating.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
In every account of the divorce I have read, it's that SARAH pushed for both the separation and the divorce. HM the Queen is said to have wept and urged her to reconsider...but she would not.

I think she was in the middle of her affair with that Steve Wyatt guy and she thought she was going to have her freedom and access to all the Wyatt $$$$..but it all blew up in her face in spectacular fashion.

So she ended up with no Andrew, no home, and none of the security and protection the Royal house could have provided her.

For her to moan and complain about how things worked out...even allegedly under hypnosis...is just really beyond irritating.

Let the church say amen!!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Seriously? The Queen wept? For some reason, I am having trouble picturing the Queen weeping over an impending divorce. No doubt it was upsetting but did the Queen like Sarah so much that she was driven to tears at the thought of a divorce? I have read that the Queen was very fond of Sarah at the start of Sarah and Andrew's married life but I have never read that the Queen wept over the divorce.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Exactly....can we provide sources of the Queen weeping? If not, its just speculative.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasillisos Markos View Post
Seriously? The Queen wept? For some reason, I am having trouble picturing the Queen weeping over an impending divorce. No doubt it was upsetting but did the Queen like Sarah so much that she was driven to tears at the thought of a divorce? I have read that the Queen was very fond of Sarah at the start of Sarah and Andrew's married life but I have never read that the Queen wept over the divorce.
Well, going on the favorite son angle and the marriage's more natural creation (compared to Charles having marriage more or less jammed down his throat by his father) it is possible that she became emotional at the thought of them breaking up.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Majesty

I have read it in so many books I cannot remember which one. It was smack dab in the middle of the notorious "Annus Horribilis" and the Morton book and Wales scandal had just broken and the poor woman(the Queen) had had enough.

It's definitely NOT just speculative.

I don't know why it's so hard to believe that she wept...she was fond of Sarah at one point and she is only human after all.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Administrator

No one is not saying that she isn't fond of Sarah. That has pretty much been established and frankly, its been established that Sarah also holds the Queen in high regards (to some extent although her recent actions can make one question it).

But to hear that the Queen wept (not saying that she couldn't) well,honestly it sounds like poetic license from a Christopher Andersen or Kitty Kelley novel. And they know this how? They are so off most times in their books (the Queen asking William if it was true that he and Kate had gotten back together, in the corner of BP holding on to her purse...I mean really!) that anything that is written by them, always makes me look at it sideways.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

I did not mean to dispute your recollection; it is just, to me at least, that the Queen keeps her emotions in check and I find it hard to reconcile her weeping with what I have read about her. I know that she is quite warm and witty in person but I never knew her to shed tears.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've watched just a part of Oprah's show and I am sorry,but I really do not understand Sarah .She is not very young anymore,at her age she continues to do this show.She has been doing this embarassing stuff for nearly 30 years.If anyone remembers her scandalous photos,the book where she said she got foot warts from Diana...
She embarasses her girls with this kind of behaviour.Why would William want her on his wedding?She is going on complaining....
Maybe she keeps on hoping to get her family or post back...
This is just my modest opinion

Closed Thread