The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Serene Highness

Very useful and informative post, Not a Pretender. I can't recall now if they said how many episodes Sarah was doing (I believe it was a small number).

Old 05-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
So if I were to guess, I'd say $10K per show for Sarah Ferguson, with the upside for her being the exposure and hopefully the impression to potential investors in Brand Sarah that she's turned herself around in a meaningful way.
Do you mean 10.000 Dollars per Show? "k" = kilo = 1000?
i don't think this is enough. After all she brought access to her daughters, the Royal princesses into the package plus the Royal wedding(her publicity for the series in connection with the Royal Wedding. I doubt she would start at such a meagre amount, no matter what financial woes she has (had).

Old 05-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Duchess of York hypnotised for new reality show - Telegraph

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been hypnotised by a psychiatrist as part of an American reality show.

The Duke of York’s ex-wife is seen telling the therapist that she regrets divorcing him - and says that he also regrets the decision.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been hypnotised by a psychiatrist as part of an American reality show.

The Duke of York’s ex-wife is seen telling the therapist that she regrets divorcing him - and says that he also regrets the decision.
This women will sink to anything - has she no self esteem or feeling for her children. She honestly is a runaway train, I don't know why I am even bothering writing about her
Old 05-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Aristocracy

I just read about the hypnosis. She did this ON television?! I can't help but wonder what Andrew thinks about her telling how *he* feels and repeating what he supposedly said on American tv.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
How were the scones? What a coinky dink, Russo just whipped up a batch from Ina Garten's recipe, the Barefoot Contessa--how apropos. ..

They were hard and dry. Hockey pucks would have been a preferable swap.

Quote:
Snookie and co. get 100K for just being idiots? Well no wonder everybody wants their own reality show.
I know, isn't that awful? I think I'm going to go pour self-tanner on my face and likker down my throat. I want in on that action.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Do you mean 10.000 Dollars per Show? "k" = kilo = 1000?
i don't think this is enough. After all she brought access to her daughters, the Royal princesses into the package plus the Royal wedding(her publicity for the series in connection with the Royal Wedding. I doubt she would start at such a meagre amount, no matter what financial woes she has (had).
K in the US = "thousands of dollars." So $10K = $10,000. Sorry for the finance shorthand, Kataryn.

Remember that Oprah's network is very low-budget, and the audience is limited. How much Oprah can pay is limited by how much advertising she can sell, and this is a start-up venture, not an established network. The figure of $10K is for an established franchise on a network with much higher viewship levels. Cable networks are very slim on payments, and essentially Sarah is getting a free commercial. $10K would be the top of the pay scale for Sarah - frankly, she's just not that much of a draw, appealing to a very narrow demographic. I'm not kidding when I said that I had to explain to a group of very well educated young people who she was, and I think they only listened because it's performance review time at work! In essence - Sarah is a limited-draw hobby, trying to expand her appeal. And she's up against a wide field of has-beens trying to grab another sliver of spotlight: the likes of Gary Busey, Danny Bonaduce, and a plethora of 1980's television series stars in some stage of personal or professional rehab, and all on one cable show or another. It's a crowded field.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Sarah, Duchess of York, leaving the Caudwell Childrens Butterfly Ball at the Banqueting House on May 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **
Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Sigh. Again. I'm very skeptical of Sarah attributing any feelings or words to Andrew. It's too self-serving and frankly I don't believe she has the mental acumen to accurately convey exactly what Andrew says or feels. I truly believe that she hears what she wants to hear and filters out anything that doesn't fit what she imagines the words to be.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Well here's Dr. Phil with Madea. I don't think he got anywhere so I'm feeling for Sarah right now. . .

Besides Oprah I don't know anyone who takes Dr. Phil seriously.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
I just read about the hypnosis. She did this ON television?! I can't help but wonder what Andrew thinks about her telling how *he* feels and repeating what he supposedly said on American tv.
A lot my comments get deleted because I am just too honest I quess. However the things that Sarah says Andrew tells her seems "suspect" at the very least to me. Furthermore if he has said those things to her in private seems she does not respect him enough to keep those things between them and not broadcast it. I don't feel sorry for Sarah she has cornered the market on playing the victim. When the truth of the matter Andrew & her daughters are the victims of Sarah's pity party. But my mother always taught us people can only do to you what you allow them to. It's a shame that it seems that he will accept anything she does or says no matter how it makes him look.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Well here's Dr. Phil with Madea. I don't think he got anywhere so I'm feeling for Sarah right now. . .

Gotta Love Madea!! I went to see this movie the weekend it opened and this was one of scenes that had the audience me included cracking up. Funny thing is when the movie ended my husband & I were walking back to the car and there another couple that we didn't know walking ahead of us. The wife said " That Dr. Phil is a joke". I forgot that until I saw the clip.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Aristocracy

I do wonder how accurate Sarah is when she reports what Andrew supposedly said. Although not on par with any of the various telephone scandals of other members of the royal family in the past, how is it that Sarah continues to go all over the world telling people what Andrew "says"?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
I do wonder how accurate Sarah is when she reports what Andrew supposedly said. Although not on par with any of the various telephone scandals of other members of the royal family in the past, how is it that Sarah continues to go all over the world telling people what Andrew "says"?
You said it far better than I could have, Dymphna (love the name, btw!) Making the very large and probably false assumption that she is accurately relating Andrew's words/feelings/emotions/outlook, it's tremendously disrespectful to him - to anyone - to repeat a private conversation.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

Exactly. She has no discretion--but then, we know that, and probably so does Andrew!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Majesty

Sarah's biggest liability(besides her complete lack of judgement and discretion) is her big mouth.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating...she really needs to SHUT UP.

She is becoming a freak show.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Sarah's biggest liability(besides her complete lack of judgement and discretion) is her big mouth.

I have said it before, but it bears repeating...she really needs to SHUT UP.

She is becoming a freak show.
Well said!!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender

I would consider Sarah's show to be on par with the "Real Housewives" series(es) in the US. The Real Housewives of NY get paid $10,000 per episode, a payraise from their first season of $3,333 per episode. The real payoff for anyone on one of these "reality" series is exposure, to introduce them or expand their visibility. In other words, it's to market oneself to a wider audience and hopefully parlay that exposure into bigger and better things.

Sarah's a bit of an anomaly in that regard: she's been well known for a long period of time but that has been fading. (By way of reference, I work in an international finance firm, and my team consists of twenty-somethings who report up through several levels to me. We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate." I had to actually sit down and explain to the under-30 set exactly who Sarah was; most had her confused with Camilla or, honestly, thought she was dead. Mind you, we hire the absolute cream of the crop each year from top schools, so these are not under-the-rock specimens.) So - Sarah might have been able to command the top end of the reality show pay scale per episode - let's say $10K per - rather than the low end of the scale.

The core cast of the Jersey Shore got popped up from $30K to $100K for the new season, but the ratings on that show are many multiples of Oprah's show. Any of Oprah's shows.

So if I were to guess, I'd say $10K per show for Sarah Ferguson, with the upside for her being the exposure and hopefully the impression to potential investors in Brand Sarah that she's turned herself around in a meaningful way.
I was thinking along the lines of 15-20k because there are ALOT of baby boomers left! She would still resonate with them and royalty even in the us has been well documented in their lifetime.

That's where I came up with the six figures.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I would consider Sarah's show to be on par with the "Real Housewives" series(es) in the US. The Real Housewives of NY get paid $10,000 per episode, a payraise from their first season of $3,333 per episode. The real payoff for anyone on one of these "reality" series is exposure, to introduce them or expand their visibility. In other words, it's to market oneself to a wider audience and hopefully parlay that exposure into bigger and better things.

Sarah's a bit of an anomaly in that regard: she's been well known for a long period of time but that has been fading. (By way of reference, I work in an international finance firm, and my team consists of twenty-somethings who report up through several levels to me. We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate." I had to actually sit down and explain to the under-30 set exactly who Sarah was; most had her confused with Camilla or, honestly, thought she was dead. Mind you, we hire the absolute cream of the crop each year from top schools, so these are not under-the-rock specimens.) So - Sarah might have been able to command the top end of the reality show pay scale per episode - let's say $10K per - rather than the low end of the scale.

The core cast of the Jersey Shore got popped up from $30K to $100K for the new season, but the ratings on that show are many multiples of Oprah's show. Any of Oprah's shows.

I still doubt she's getting six figures. If the show becomes a "hit" that will undoubtedly open up her negotiating rights. This sort of thing and a show like Desperate Housewives are very different and the actresses on that show are well-known and proven. Sarah is not an actress that has had previous success in television/movies. She is a public figure/celebrity. The cast from Jersey Shore only got an increase in their salaries after the show was deemed succesful. Not when it was just starting out. The category of Sarah's show will also play a role in her salary. If it's truy a documentary (as opposed to a reality show) she would get considerably less as most documentaries are on more limited budgets.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

'I wish we'd never got divorced' Fergie reveals true feelings for Andrew as she is hypnotised for new reality show | Mail Online

what an awful way to get money and attention

Closed Thread