The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #821  
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Does anyone know whether Sarah has ever had serious counselling and/or treatment? We've all heard about the pseudo-therapists and psychics, but has she ever seen an actual, serious psychologist or psychiatrist? For all we know, she might need medication.
There is good medication for people who are loved but can't feel it. And Sarah is obviously loved by her family, its just that for her this is not enough. Which could hint at a problem with a resorbation of serotonin which goes too fast in her brain, so she never has enough of it. I'm not a professional about this but know cases where the medication worked wonders for the feelings of being loved and valued.
__________________

  #822  
Old 05-14-2011, 12:28 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Believe it or not, I have read in both American and Brit publications that Prince William had no problem with her being there...that he was not keen to hurt Beatrice and Eugenie(whom he is fond of) by leaving their mother out.

In fact he personally intervened with Clarence House originally to invite her, but between the Prince of Wales, Camilla AND Prince Phillip's opposition William wisely decided to choose another fight for another day, and caved to pressure not to invite her.
That's very interesting! I'd said earlier that I wasn't too awfully sure that the only reason that Andrew & Sarah didn't remarry was only because of that mean ole Prince Phillip. And that Charles, as King, would smile brightly on them and let Sarah back "in." I didn't know where Camilla stood on this, but from what you say, we've got a multi-generational block against Sarah rejoining.
__________________

__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
  #823  
Old 05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
There is good medication for people who are loved but can't feel it. And Sarah is obviously loved by her family, its just that for her this is not enough. Which could hint at a problem with a resorbation of serotonin which goes too fast in her brain, so she never has enough of it. I'm not a professional about this but know cases where the medication worked wonders for the feelings of being loved and valued.
Kataryn that's a very interesting angle on things, I hadn't thought about it like that. It's very obvious as you say that Sarah is loved by her family, by the way the girls talk about her, and it's strange but Andrew if anything is more supportive and protective of her now as an ex husband than he was as a husband. I remember she was on a talk show here in Ireland a few years back, and it's the type of show where all the guests remain on for the whole show and are interacting as each one is being interviewed. Anyway there happened to be a psychologist or psychiatrist
on the same show, and when Sarah said that her family loved her unconditionally, he said "you don't really believe that". His theory was that some of her wreckless behaviour and mistakes was because she had to constantly test their love and loyalty, and that she would subconsiously do something damaging when she needed reassurance of their love. I'm no professional but maybe he had a point.
I'm not sure what else her family can do to prove their love to her, they have stood by her and supported her through a lot.
  #824  
Old 05-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
Kataryn that's a very interesting angle on things, I hadn't thought about it like that. It's very obvious as you say that Sarah is loved by her family, by the way the girls talk about her, and it's strange but Andrew if anything is more supportive and protective of her now as an ex husband than he was as a husband. I remember she was on a talk show here in Ireland a few years back, and it's the type of show where all the guests remain on for the whole show and are interacting as each one is being interviewed. Anyway there happened to be a psychologist or psychiatrist
on the same show, and when Sarah said that her family loved her unconditionally, he said "you don't really believe that". His theory was that some of her wreckless behaviour and mistakes was because she had to constantly test their love and loyalty, and that she would subconsiously do something damaging when she needed reassurance of their love. I'm no professional but maybe he had a point.
I'm not sure what else her family can do to prove their love to her, they have stood by her and supported her through a lot.
This fits right in with NottheDr. Phil's "Addiction to Approval" statement made recently. This tells me too that once "Finding Sarah" is all said and done with, unless she continues to work on this "addiction", we can expect to see more trains derailing from the track. Doctors and therapists and Aunt Fanny down the road can tell Sarah what's wrong with her until they are blue in the face but until Sarah herself really wants to recover (which I don't think she does as this point as its more a "look at me" publicity type of ploy), nothing is going to change.
  #825  
Old 05-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: alpine village, Germany
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This fits right in with NottheDr. Phil's "Addiction to Approval" statement made recently. This tells me too that once "Finding Sarah" is all said and done with, unless she continues to work on this "addiction", we can expect to see more trains derailing from the track. Doctors and therapists and Aunt Fanny down the road can tell Sarah what's wrong with her until they are blue in the face but until Sarah herself really wants to recover (which I don't think she does as this point as its more a "look at me" publicity type of ploy), nothing is going to change.
I know from people who are on medication that in the beginning it is hard to make them "comply" and actually take the pills because they are so used to be unhappy that they can't stand the feeling of being more light-hearted. It's as if something is taken away from them that was for so long a part of them, even though it was not good. And these pills (they are called ((S)SRI = (Selective) Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, I think) take some time to do their full work and the brain needs time to get adjusted to having enough serotonin. So its not as easy as it sounds but surely a lot easier than to walk through jungles and deserts....
  #826  
Old 05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I know from people who are on medication that in the beginning it is hard to make them "comply" and actually take the pills because they are so used to be unhappy that they can't stand the feeling of being more light-hearted. It's as if something is taken away from them that was for so long a part of them, even though it was not good. And these pills (they are called ((S)SRI = (Selective) Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors, I think) take some time to do their full work and the brain needs time to get adjusted to having enough serotonin. So its not as easy as it sounds but surely a lot easier than to walk through jungles and deserts....
I think you've hit the nail right on the head. With something like this there is no such thing as a "quick fix". Its just my gut assumption that if Sarah was really serious about overcoming problems and undergoing any kind of therapy and medication or whatnot, it sure the heck wouldn't be followed around by a filming crew and aired as an entertainment show. To me, if she *is* really suffering from an addiction to approval, the so called therapies that are being aired on TV are actually feeding the addiction rather than helping Sarah. The question remains though. Is Sarah being exploited or is Sarah exploiting herself?
  #827  
Old 05-14-2011, 04:07 PM
PrincessKaimi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hilo, Malibu, United States
Posts: 1,328
Phil McGraw does have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Mercy! From the University of North Texas, which says it's a public university. He wrote his dissertation on psychological interventions for rheumatoid arthritis. His dad was a psychologist in private practice too. I have to say I'm shocked, as he's so inept, but anyway.

Whoever said that Sarah lit up when she got a label, that was so true. I was left feeling sorry for her and her vague lostness.

Whoever said that obviously Prince Andrew was part of her cash for access program made a very good point. She still lives with him, and she apparently was acting as his...pimp. I do not like saying that. What else to call it though? Now, I didn't really follow the details of that shameful set of events, but thanks to Sarah, now everyone is talking about it again.

I wonder how Prince Andrew feels about that. If he in fact thinks that this whole publicity escapade and the Oprah show is good for Sarah and his daughters, then he must still be in love with her. Or he just feels desperately sad for her.

I wish Sarah could get some real help and some real therapy.
  #828  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:28 PM
HRH Princess Sonya's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fort Worth, United States
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Phil McGraw does have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Mercy! From the University of North Texas, which says it's a public university. He wrote his dissertation on psychological interventions for rheumatoid arthritis. His dad was a psychologist in private practice too. I have to say I'm shocked, as he's so inept, but anyway.

Whoever said that Sarah lit up when she got a label, that was so true. I was left feeling sorry for her and her vague lostness.

Whoever said that obviously Prince Andrew was part of her cash for access program made a very good point. She still lives with him, and she apparently was acting as his...pimp. I do not like saying that. What else to call it though? Now, I didn't really follow the details of that shameful set of events, but thanks to Sarah, now everyone is talking about it again.

I wonder how Prince Andrew feels about that. If he in fact thinks that this whole publicity escapade and the Oprah show is good for Sarah and his daughters, then he must still be in love with her. Or he just feels desperately sad for her.

I wish Sarah could get some real help and some real therapy.

I have to agree on the general coincenious on Dr. Phil. He can be a lot to take. The few times I have watched his show I have come away with the impression that you cannot listen to a lot of what Dr. Phil says because it's not earth shattering advice he gives in my humble opinion. I get unconditional love for Sarah on the part of her daughters but I fail to see it on Prince Andrew's part. I think the only love he may still have for her is only as the mother of his now grown children. Although Sarah will go to whatever media meduim that will listen to her and declare that she loves him and then go and do something stupid or after having done something stupid to shame & betray him again. How many times would a person have to get run over by a bus then have that same bus back up and run over you again before saying" Geez maybe I should get out of the street". It seems like all she has to do is say " I'm Sorry & I Love You" Act concrite for a bit and then " Oh Snap" all is forgiven. I mean what kind of exhistance is that for anyone be it a prince or a pauper?. Just my opinion.
  #829  
Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,690
Sarah will only improve if she makes up her mind to change. She may listen to Dr. Phil, but how much of what he says gets to her? It goes in one ear and out the other. She's still of the mindset that "nobody is going to tell her what to do", until she breaks that thinking, she'll continue to act as she does.
She craves attention, why would someone actually want to have her therapy sessions filmed and shown to audiences? None of us would even think of it. Sarah is stuck forever on focusing on her problems growing up, her weight, her mother etc., because it still brings attention to her. As long as people listen she gets satisfaction, if the discussion veers away to how is she going to fix her problems and anxieties, she shuts down. She doesn't want to solve these issues because they've become a crutch and a comfort and she doesn't want them to go away. It's her way of holding on to people and it's unhealthy as we all know.
What I would like Sarah to do is privately see a psychiatrist and start with an evaluation by the therapist. She won't and as long as her daughters, Andrew and her sister enable her, she'll continue to do what gives her attention and comfort.
  #830  
Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,308
Is Sarah still living with Andrew? I thought that was an arrangement while the girls were still young. But Pss E is living away at uni, as far as I know. And Pss B has her own apt. in St. James Palace. So I'm not sure why Sarah would be living w Andrew, if she truly is.
  #831  
Old 05-15-2011, 06:46 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,506
Does anyone known how much money Sarac is being paid for the documentary with oprah and Dr phil?
  #832  
Old 05-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Does anyone known how much money Sarac is being paid for the documentary with oprah and Dr phil?
I don't think guests on talk shows like Oprah, the View, Letterman, etc. get "paid." They are getting free publicity for being allowed to talk about themselves/their project/cause, so in a sense these shows are doing them a favor. I do think, however, they get comp'd for hotel costs and transportation (usually a limo) and perhaps even airfare. Most guests also get a pretty nice gift bag from the network/show.
  #833  
Old 05-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Is Sarah still living with Andrew? I thought that was an arrangement while the girls were still young. But Pss E is living away at uni, as far as I know. And Pss B has her own apt. in St. James Palace. So I'm not sure why Sarah would be living w Andrew, if she truly is.

Sarah lives at the some home as Andrew at Windsor.

There are also reports that she also uses his apartment in BP - on the door of which he insists the nameplate still reads 'HRH The Duke and Duchess of York'.

Now I don't know how reliable the later report is but the first one is true - they still share a house even though neither of the girls actually live at home any more.
  #834  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,329
Please note that off topic posts about Camilla not liking Sarah have been deleted as off topic and speculative.
__________________
.

  #835  
Old 05-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella

I don't think guests on talk shows like Oprah, the View, Letterman, etc. get "paid." They are getting free publicity for being allowed to talk about themselves/their project/cause, so in a sense these shows are doing them a favor. I do think, however, they get comp'd for hotel costs and transportation (usually a limo) and perhaps even airfare. Most guests also get a pretty nice gift bag from the network/show.
Well, in terms of the documentary she has to beee getting at least six figures. And if she isn't then she is not a good business woman! And if the show does well she should have a bonus with an option for renewal. Ooh I kinda sound like I know what I'm talking about.
__________________
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
  #836  
Old 05-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Phil McGraw does have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Mercy! From the University of North Texas, which says it's a public university. I have to say I'm shocked, as he's so inept, but anyway.
Well here's Dr. Phil with Madea. I don't think he got anywhere so I'm feeling for Sarah right now. . .

__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
  #837  
Old 05-15-2011, 02:07 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Sarah lives at the some home as Andrew at Windsor.

There are also reports that she also uses his apartment in BP - on the door of which he insists the nameplate still reads 'HRH The Duke and Duchess of York'.

Now I don't know how reliable the later report is but the first one is true - they still share a house even though neither of the girls actually live at home any more.
I think they still share an apartment at BP- in footage on Oprah, Sarah drove by BP,and pointed out where it was inside the palace, from the outside, what floor it was on.
__________________
One of my friends is fundraising for and hoping to adopt at least 2 of the 3 of these special needs orphans. Please give/ help now!
Go to Reece's Rainbow, and donate torwards the adoption of Holland, Starr, and Grace- Ann!
My avatar is my RH- that is the exact RH I have in my heart constantly!
  #838  
Old 05-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Plymouth, United States
Posts: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vita View Post
Well, in terms of the documentary she has to beee getting at least six figures. And if she isn't then she is not a good business woman! And if the show does well she should have a bonus with an option for renewal. Ooh I kinda sound like I know what I'm talking about.
I highly doubt it.
  #839  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:40 PM
NotAPretender's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: WPB FL/Muttontown NY, United States
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I highly doubt it.
I would consider Sarah's show to be on par with the "Real Housewives" series(es) in the US. The Real Housewives of NY get paid $10,000 per episode, a payraise from their first season of $3,333 per episode. The real payoff for anyone on one of these "reality" series is exposure, to introduce them or expand their visibility. In other words, it's to market oneself to a wider audience and hopefully parlay that exposure into bigger and better things.

Sarah's a bit of an anomaly in that regard: she's been well known for a long period of time but that has been fading. (By way of reference, I work in an international finance firm, and my team consists of twenty-somethings who report up through several levels to me. We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate." I had to actually sit down and explain to the under-30 set exactly who Sarah was; most had her confused with Camilla or, honestly, thought she was dead. Mind you, we hire the absolute cream of the crop each year from top schools, so these are not under-the-rock specimens.) So - Sarah might have been able to command the top end of the reality show pay scale per episode - let's say $10K per - rather than the low end of the scale.

The core cast of the Jersey Shore got popped up from $30K to $100K for the new season, but the ratings on that show are many multiples of Oprah's show. Any of Oprah's shows.

So if I were to guess, I'd say $10K per show for Sarah Ferguson, with the upside for her being the exposure and hopefully the impression to potential investors in Brand Sarah that she's turned herself around in a meaningful way.
__________________
"Me, your Highness? On the whole, I wish I'd stayed in Tunbridge Wells"
  #840  
Old 05-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
We talked about the Royal wedding because at our Friday meeting on that day, I asked that scones be substituted for bagels to "celebrate."
How were the scones? What a coinky dink, Russo just whipped up a batch from Ina Garten's recipe, the Barefoot Contessa--how apropos. ..

Snookie and co. get 100K for just being idiots? Well no wonder everybody wants their own reality show.
__________________

__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 Zonk The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 864 Today 04:35 AM
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 1: January 2003-September 2004 Jacqueline Current Events Archive 170 09-23-2004 04:30 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish royal family duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jean kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 spanish queen state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises