The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasillisos Markos View Post
The Oprah show sounds pathetic -- Suze Orman giving financial advice to Sarah Ferguson?? It would be hilarious if Sarah wasn't so tragic and self-mutilating. Orman givng Sarah financial advice is sort of like one speaking Mandarin to someone who only understands English.

And please quit calling him "Dr. Phil" Doctor my eye. He does not have a medical degree; I think he may have a bachelor's degree in psychology. He apparently got his PhD from a fourth tier school in Texas and his dissertation was on "Rheumatoid Arthritis." What does that have to do with psychology or psychiatry? Let's just call him "Phil."
Would you marry me?

Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I can not stand Oprah, and Dr. Phil is even worse!!! A couple of self-absorbed, self-righteous leeches who take themselves WAY TOO seriously. It's too bad Sarah allows herself to be exploited by these two phonies. I suppose there aren't alot of media outlets clammoring for her to guest on their shows, so maybe this is the best she can get. I don't know. She'd be far wiser, however, to keep her distance. Neither are doing her any favors. I wish she would retreat to the countryside where she could write or paint and lead a relatively low-key lifestyle. Unfortunately, I don't think a low-key lifestyle is what she's looking for, and that's too bad.

Once again Bella we agree...HOLY GOD..Dr Phil, Suze Orman(who by the way gives excellent financial advice) and Oprah??!

I can imagine this unholy trinity of New Age, self-involved naval gazing feeling very superior that they have been called upon to "advise" the mother of the Queen's grandchildren.

Sarah, really, really needs to get a grip and stop allowing herself to become an embarrassment and a laughingstock, all at once.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Majesty

Over the Royal Wedding snub already? Fergie is all smiles at charity ball | Mail Online

Over the Royal Wedding snub already? Fergie is all smiles at charity ball

Read more: Over the Royal Wedding snub already? Fergie is all smiles at charity ball | Mail Online
Old 05-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Yes, Oprah did ask that.
" What is the one best thing you have learned from this process that you're still in."
Sarah- Something to the effect of " I need to take a moment to listen to my heart, and hear my authentic voice before I speak."
She's done that all her life and look where it's gotten her.
I'd love to believe she CAN change however I've seen enough of this pattern throughout her life to where I am afraid Russo is taking a pessimistic view of the Duchess and any type "recovery" she may try and undertake.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Majesty

Russophile, Sarah has begun to specialize in the type of self-involved "Oprahspeak" that you quote above.

When Oprah had her on after the "cash for access" mess, she asked Sarah what she could take away from it and Sarah came back with "self-love and acceptance". I. KID. YOU. NOT. I wanted to scream.

Sarah York is one of the best things to have happened to the Oprah franchise but for Sarah, the reverse is true...it's a never ending train wreck.

I can no longer watch when she appears on that show..I am too embarrassed for her.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Aristocracy

BP must have experts in dealing with public opinion and dealing with damaged reputations. Prince Charles and Camilla have come a long way in earning the public's respect. PA will obviously do anything to help Sarah. Why hasn't he brought in some of the experts to help both Sarah and himself?

I realize that Oprah is paying Sarah big money and getting Sarah's name out there...which she needs to rebuild her career. From everything that I have read on the board about Sarah's interview...it seems to be all about poor Sarah. She may have gained some more sympathy, but it doesn't sound like she has gained back one ounce of respect.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I just read and watched what I could on the Sarah show on Oprah.
(You can find it here: Sarah Ferguson - the Duchess of York - Oprah.com )
IMO, this is all self-serving to Sarah. Even though Oprah told her "It's not always about you Sarah." This show IS. I could see Sarah brighten up when she "finally got a label" on what was wrong with her. Most normal people go into treatment and don't hang their laundry out in the public like this. This is rather self-serving and I don't see Sarah getting better because of it. Really.
I think one of the big disappointments of this video was when Sarah said that PA actually ENCOURAGED her to go on Oprah. Sure, let's stick it to the BRF in yet another way. Holy Moly! This whole thing really makes me ill.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Majesty

If he has a Ph.D., he's qualified to use the title Doctor. That said, I don't like the way that he manipulates people for dramatic effect. I was horrified by the "Dr. Phil House."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasillisos Markos View Post
And please quit calling him "Dr. Phil" Doctor my eye. He does not have a medical degree; I think he may have a bachelor's degree in psychology. He apparently got his PhD from a fourth tier school in Texas and his dissertation was on "Rheumatoid Arthritis."
Old 05-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Sarah looks very good here. I believe that she's wearing the same dress that she wore in Canada (Toronto?) recently. Good job, Sarah.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Majesty

Mermaid1962 I have a friend who is a psychologist...so she knows people who do know "Dr" Phil.

My understanding is that he is in NO WAY licensed to either give psychiatric counseling or prescribe meds.

The things she told me about Phil McGraw as a human being surprised and saddened me.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Majesty

He bills himself as a psychologist/therapist, which wouldn't imply that he can prescribe or give psychiatric treatment. Believe me, I'm no fan of the man and don't wish people to see him as any more than a show-man. My point in the previous post was that if he does indeed have a PhD, he can use the title "Dr." It doesn't imply that he's a psychiatrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The things she told me about Phil McGraw as a human being surprised and saddened me.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Does anyone know whether Sarah has ever had serious counselling and/or treatment? We've all heard about the pseudo-therapists and psychics, but has she ever seen an actual, serious psychologist or psychiatrist? For all we know, she might need medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Most normal people go into treatment and don't hang their laundry out in the public like this. This is rather self-serving and I don't see Sarah getting better because of it.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Watch The Oprah Winfrey Show S03E90 | Watch The Oprah Winfrey Show Season 3 Episode 90

For those of you outside the US who didn't get to see Sarah's interview with Oprah you may be able to view it using this link.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
Majesty

Irish Eyes, I know you mean well, but I got a virus once by going to a site like that. So be careful, everybody.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Vita, like you I had a lot more sympathy for Sarah before the "cash for access" scandal.

I don't hate her now...but I am over her for sure and I used to root for her.

Mermaid1962 thanks for clarification...I see your point about the PhD and you are right about that.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post

I think one of the big disappointments of this video was when Sarah said that PA actually ENCOURAGED her to go on Oprah. Sure, let's stick it to the BRF in yet another way. Holy Moly! This whole thing really makes me ill.
Russo my love....I think this is another of Sarah's inventions. She says that Andrew told her his sticker price before she went into her cash for access negotiations, that Andrew did this and that, and now that he encouraged her to go on Oprah....I really don't think so. I think it was more like this:

What Sarah actually said pre-lunch: "Andrew! I'm meeting someone who wants to talk to you later! But they are buying me lunch first and some other money talk!"

What Andrew said: "Sounds fine."

What Sarah heard: "Sarah! It's OK if they buy both you and me in that money talk!"

What Sarah says to everyone after she is caught: "But Andrew told me to charge to talk to him!"

It's a common trick I've seen; if you want to say something but are unsure, you credit it to someone else as a diversion. Usual suspects for this are: the lawyer; the therapist; our mutual boss; the Internet; or in Sarah's case, Andrew. It's particularly notable in Sarah's case since no one can ever verify (including Andrew, who has never and probably cannot ever verify) whether her claims of what Andrew did or said are anywhere near truth. It's the ultimate free pass in her mind, but like all her other tricks, have grown threadbare and tatty.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Russo my love....I think this is another of Sarah's inventions. She says that Andrew told her his sticker price before she went into her cash for access negotiations, that Andrew did this and that, and now that he encouraged her to go on Oprah....I really don't think so. I think it was more like this:

What Sarah actually said pre-lunch: "Andrew! I'm meeting someone who wants to talk to you later! But they are buying me lunch first and some other money talk!"

What Andrew said: "Sounds fine."

What Sarah heard: "Sarah! It's OK if they buy both you and me in that money talk!"

What Sarah says to everyone after she is caught: "But Andrew told me to charge to talk to him!"

It's a common trick I've seen; if you want to say something but are unsure, you credit it to someone else as a diversion. Usual suspects for this are: the lawyer; the therapist; our mutual boss; the Internet; or in Sarah's case, Andrew. It's particularly notable in Sarah's case since no one can ever verify (including Andrew, who has never and probably cannot ever verify) whether her claims of what Andrew did or said are anywhere near truth. It's the ultimate free pass in her mind, but like all her other tricks, have grown threadbare and tatty.
It very well could be as you say, NaP. I'm just disgusted that they are feeding the troll. She's a media junkie and they (Oprah, Dr. Phil et. all) are placing her (with her consent) smack dab in the biggest media (Oprah) to feed her habit.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Irish Eyes, I know you mean well, but I got a virus once by going to a site like that. So be careful, everybody.
Oh gosh I hope I haven't caused heartache for anyone.
Thanks Mermaid for the warning.

Apologies if I have caused trouble.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Aristocracy

At that children's charity event she attended (in which I must admit she looks fabulous although I did not like the black and white on her) Sarah was on the arm of some uknown fella. Anyone care to venture who that was?
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Would you marry me?
Name the date, honey!

Closed Thread