The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsnub View Post
What exactly, if anything, is holding them back from re-marrying now?

Philip and his total antipathy to the woman his son loves.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:42 AM
Serene Highness

Well, Prince Philip, as healthy as he is, won't be around forever. But after all Sarah has done, I really don't see anyone in the RF wanting her back.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
I was horrified to hear Sarah tell Oprah that Andrew consoled her by saying, "Just remember, we had such a good day. Our wedding was so perfect." That really felt like a big red flag to me. I mean, they are divorced. It just doesn't make sense to me.

She said, "He made me feel very part of the day on April the 29th."
This is the closest she can get to getting remarried to Andrew. Which is the outcome Oprah must dream of - Finding Sarah in the end at the steps of the throne again...

I'm not sure if Sarah isn't lying again (she lied eg to the reporter about her divorce settlement) and tries to show the "end of the story" in much more colourful lights than it really is. Of course Oprah had hoped that Sarah would be invited, so they had wedding coverage from her that they could show along with old filmings of her own wedding. Then they could have let the series open ended with a last pic of Andrew, Sarah and their girls...

Well, that wasn't to be. I wouldn't wonder if Oprah sent Sarah to her "jungle embraces" and this will be the finishing scenes now on "Finding Sarah". The filming has ended so this interview is not only a look forward, but a kind of resume as well. We'll see.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsnub View Post
What exactly, if anything, is holding them back from re-marrying now?
Probably the Queen and Prince Philip - I'm sure they wouldn't allow it....then again they ended up accepting the situation with Charles and Camilla and saw the re-marriage of Anne. I know these are two very different situations but to be honest, Andrew is no longer as high profile a royal as he used to be and what with the "new generation" of the core royal family becoming more prominent, I personally would not object to a re-marriage between Andrew and Sarah. She needn't carry out public duties or have a high profile etc.

Would she do it? Would it compromise on her freedom? Well, she's hardly living a carefree life now what with debts, financial problems etc. She and Andrew seem to have ruined their chances of finding love elsewhere and certainly will not start families with other people at this late stage, so they'll just end up having eachother - might as well get it over with, get back together and forge some kind of a life together before it's too late.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The Diana Comment/ Thoughts on O Interview

As I said before, the comment sounded better in conversation, then it did in writing.
In writing it had a delusional tone, like " I am glad Diana is dead.", which was !
But the way she said it in conversation with O, felt positive and reflective, like" I wish with all my heart Diana was alive, but because it is not to be, as a friend, I love that I can share with you all, her pride in her son."
I agree with those on here that say that Fergie loved Diana, and I agree- they would have made up. I also agree that maybe, just, maybe, we are starting to see the real Sarah!
And I even had a few lightbulb moments about myself!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I found interesting is Dr. Phil putting the label of "Addicted to Approval" bluntly on Sarah after saying the door works both ways.. she could stay and listen or she could walk out. Then the good example of the addiction in the email she had sent to Oprah. Taking a while to reply to it, Sarah said she questioned herself "what'd I do wrong, what'd I say, and beating herself up. Then comes Oprah's reply. "Not everything is about you". The addiction of approval is a very self-serving one and as an alcoholic needs drink to feel "normal", approval and acceptance by others is needed to feel self worth. Another good example of this is where Sarah states "I had it all and I blew it". Although for the most part, it was her own behavior that contributed to the failure of her marriage to Andrew, 100% of the blame can't be laid at her feet as there were many contributing factors. Over the years their relationship has grown stronger and deeper I think and should they have married and had the chance to start out married life as William and Kate are doing, I think they would have a very successful marriage. No matter if they remarry or not, I think they will forever be there for each other unconditionally.

The segment involving Beatrice and Eugenie was very short but sweet and obviously filmed elsewhere. All the girls did was praise their mother. The interview in total was a lot shorter than I had thought it was going to be. A lot of commercials and plugs for upcoming Oprah interviews ending her 25th season. From watching this show, I'm still not any more enthused about watching "Finding Sarah".
Old 05-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I feel she tried to make the best of it, do her duty. But when your husband is never around to support you, give you a pat on the back or just love you, what's the point? She was a single mother when he was at sea. IMO, Andrew should've taken a look at his family life and realized he would have to be a Prince/husband or a Naval officer, and he took the easy way out.
Thousands of military wives endure lengthy forced separations from their husbands, many without the financial resources that Fergie had.
But they manage to remain faithful to their husbands and not make embarrassing scenes in front of their young children.

She knew Andrew had a navy career and would be away from her at times; in her own words, she encouraged him to remain in the navy and said she could cope. It doesn't seem to me that she tried to cope very hard.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Would any parent want their son to marry a woman so clearly unbalanced in her personal life?
Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn

This is the closest she can get to getting remarried to Andrew. Which is the outcome Oprah must dream of - Finding Sarah in the end at the steps of the throne again...

I'm not sure if Sarah isn't lying again (she lied eg to the reporter about her divorce settlement) and tries to show the "end of the story" in much more colourful lights than it really is. Of course Oprah had hoped that Sarah would be invited, so they had wedding coverage from her that they could show along with old filmings of her own wedding. Then they could have let the series open ended with a last pic of Andrew, Sarah and their girls...

Well, that wasn't to be. I wouldn't wonder if Oprah sent Sarah to her "jungle embraces" and this will be the finishing scenes now on "Finding Sarah". The filming has ended so this interview is not only a look forward, but a kind of resume as well. We'll see.
Oprah is smart enough to know that Sarah was never going to be invited. Sarah and Diana were friends until they weren't and I don't know why she is going through the trouble to revise history as anybody old enough to read in the 90s knows that they were on the outs at Diana's passing.

Sarah not getting invited was a lot better for O than vice versa. It helped to get her on the show.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Thousands of military wives endure lengthy forced separations from their husbands, many without the financial resources that Fergie had.
But they manage to remain faithful to their husbands and not make embarrassing scenes in front of their young children.

She knew Andrew had a navy career and would be away from her at times; in her own words, she encouraged him to remain in the navy and said she could cope. It doesn't seem to me that she tried to cope very hard.
Amen, sister. Amen.

I recall there was one poster here from "down under" who said she was quite familiar with lots of Navy wives, that there was regular and rampant adultery among service wives, and it was just fine. I was like ! You're husband is off in service so it's fine to have a sweaty rollaround with a luvvah? I doubted that highly, but it was rather an odd defense of Sarah's romping, both financial and sexual - not to mention a tremendous slur against the wives (and husbands!) of service personnel.

Is everyone quite certain that Charles is well-disposed to having Sarah around and about if he ascends? My impression was that last Sarah ridiculousness, where she was pimping out Andrew in a hotel room, sort of burned that bridge.

If anything, I would think that Charles would be equally inclined to keep her away, if not more, and in fact take more definitive steps to solidify the wall. Charles does tend to act, as opposed to HM who prefers to let matters such as personal relationships drift, to avoid confrontation. IIRC, HM was reluctant to take steps that would hurt her sister Margaret over the Peter Townsend situation, to the point that it dragged on far past the "containable" level. The War of the Wales, too, went on for far longer than it should have before HM stepped in.

My opinion is that Charles ascending the throne will end the last of Sarah's freebies, specifically her living off Andrew at Royal Lodge. Charles will be in charge of the purse then, as the Civil List changes will be solidified.

Charles may take the position, given his own marital history, that Sarah and Andrew should remarry provided that Sarah abide by some very strict rules of conduct, but I rather doubt it. I'm not fans of either Camilla or Charles but I think they've done a lot to clean up their act and work together, and it shows. I believe that Charles would view a re-entry of Sarah into the Royal folds as being an enormous step backward for everyone, especially since she has so little regard for duty and such a ravenous appetite for perks.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Amen, sister. Amen.

I recall there was one poster here from "down under" who said she was quite familiar with lots of Navy wives, that there was regular and rampant adultery among service wives, and it was just fine. I was like ! You're husband is off in service so it's fine to have a sweaty rollaround with a luvvah? I doubted that highly, but it was rather an odd defense of Sarah's romping, both financial and sexual - not to mention a tremendous slur against the wives (and husbands!) of service personnel.

Is everyone quite certain that Charles is well-disposed to having Sarah around and about if he ascends? My impression was that last Sarah ridiculousness, where she was pimping out Andrew in a hotel room, sort of burned that bridge.

If anything, I would think that Charles would be equally inclined to keep her away, if not more, and in fact take more definitive steps to solidify the wall. Charles does tend to act, as opposed to HM who prefers to let matters such as personal relationships drift, to avoid confrontation. IIRC, HM was reluctant to take steps that would hurt her sister Margaret over the Peter Townsend situation, to the point that it dragged on far past the "containable" level. The War of the Wales, too, went on for far longer than it should have before HM stepped in.

My opinion is that Charles ascending the throne will end the last of Sarah's freebies, specifically her living off Andrew at Royal Lodge. Charles will be in charge of the purse then, as the Civil List changes will be solidified.

Charles may take the position, given his own marital history, that Sarah and Andrew should remarry provided that Sarah abide by some very strict rules of conduct, but I rather doubt it. I'm not fans of either Camilla or Charles but I think they've done a lot to clean up their act and work together, and it shows. I believe that Charles would view a re-entry of Sarah into the Royal folds as being an enormous step backward for everyone, especially since she has so little regard for duty and such a ravenous appetite for perks.
I agree with you in relation to the views that Charles is likely to have in the context of any possible remarriage between Andrew and Sarah. I would be very surprised if anything fo the type were to happen, unless it was viewed as a way of getting some control on Andrew and Sarah.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

anybody have any idea where i can write to sarah?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Amen, sister. Amen.

Now that Charles is a happy man, he may well be disposed to sanction a re-wed between Andrew and Sarah. I'm sure he sees most everything in a different light since his marriage to the Duchess.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although discouraged among deployed service personnel (men and women, married or not) are commonplace. Don't let your commanding officer find out, tho, it can lead to discharge for married soldiers. Not nice, but it is a reality. Sex is the strongest known "urge" amongst human beings. Yes, food is secondary.

No excuse, but it is what it is.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Serene Highness

I think Oprah is now officially playing a role similar to that of the Renaissance Popes - a person who has done bad deeds goes to Oprah for confession, receives absolution and advice (although not much penance - there was certainly chiding).

Opening the show with the most disgraceful think that Sarah has done, and then letting Sarah dwell at length on what on awful person she is, had all the makings of overhearing a confessional session.

It was good television, Oprah knows what she's doing. I don't know how either one of them can stand watching their own work, once it's done, but Oprah needs attention way more than Sarah. Oprah's only problem is finding people who are famous enough to be on her show. Clearly, Oprah wanted to be involved in the Royal Wedding herself, someone, and Sarah obliged (for a fee).

The fact that Sarah and Oprah were pretending that making the television show is some kind improved behavior from Sarah (so unlike taking outright bribes for access, right?) was amusing.

The suggestion that the princesses might be referenced or shown on the show was tantalizing (although one wonders what the show will actually be about). I, for one, will be watching it. It will probably have as many ???? moments as the interview itself.

My main question afterwards was about their respective shoes - I wonder how many dollars we were seeing in footwear, there.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
anybody have any idea where i can write to sarah?
http://

Fergie is sued by lawyers over her £200,000 debts | Mail Online

Duchess I have attached an article which was in the Daily Mail last year.
If you scroll down you will see the address Sarah gave to solicitors.
As far as we all know she is still at Royal Lodge.
Hope this helps and good luck with the letter.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Royal Highness

thank you very much Irish Eyes.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Probably the Queen and Prince Philip - I'm sure they wouldn't allow it....then again they ended up accepting the situation with Charles and Camilla and saw the re-marriage of Anne. I know these are two very different situations but to be honest, Andrew is no longer as high profile a royal as he used to be and what with the "new generation" of the core royal family becoming more prominent, I personally would not object to a re-marriage between Andrew and Sarah. She needn't carry out public duties or have a high profile etc.
However, once Charles ascends the throne and he is not kindly disposed to Fergie he could pull a Princess Margaret/Group Captain Townsend on Andrew over a remarriage. That is something to think about.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Administrator

The possiblity of Sarah and Andrew remarrying has nothing to do with Sarah's Current events, members may continue such a discussion in A Wife for Prince Andrew, Duke of York .

Thank you!

Zonk

British Forums Moderator

Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just watched Sarah's interview on Oprah. I love her honesty. It must be hard to admit all of that after all. I do feel sorry for her though. I think a lot of people are too hard on her. Hopefully her show will put her in a better life.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I've just watched it - and by watching it I was stuck by how pathetic and absurd this whole thing is, seeing an ex-royal (looking like bursting into tears, full of self pity and self indulgence) blabbing about something she used to be part of, with Oprah pretending to be interested and Sarah all too willing to reveal her inner thoughts because she has to be recognized by somebody... constantly feeling the need to get people's attention, not even shying away from mentioning Diana's name... Painful to watch somebody completely lost in self delusion... too bad that there is still a platform and an audience and even worse that its making Sarah and other people a fair amout of money

Closed Thread