The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Well, I can certainly understand her comments about being the last to walk down the aisle. You can certainly think of it in a its all about me way or the fact that she is no longer married to her soulmate. Some people thought that Andrew was also somewhat reflective that day. They are certainly entitled to feel some sadness that their marriage didn't work out, and remember the great joy and love that they had (and that the nation and the world shared with them). It was a beautiful wedding and they did appear to be just so intune with each other. So I wasn't that offended by that statement as the rest.

First of all, it wasn't a snub. A snub IMO is being married to the grooms uncle and you are not invited. Second, didn't she say that she hadn't spoken to William in quite some time (like years?!) So it would be different if she had an EXISTING relationship with William and she wasn't invited but she doesn't. Finally, she might have gotten an invitation as the mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and because she HAD one time been tight with Diana...with an emphasis on might...if she wasn't involved in her latest scandal.

So really, I am hoping this snub discussion is just a part of Sarah realizing that she Sarah is the reason why SHE Sarah wasn't invited.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

Wow, wow is all I can say....it's a pity party for herself....I mean to compare yourself to the grooms deceased mother, just wow....I liked Sarah bur honestly this interview has made me change my mind about her....

Old 05-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah must be the most pathetic person on this planet

And how does she dare to drag Diana into the discussion about her not being invited

Words are failing me how somebody can have as little self reflection as Sarah Ferguson but whats worst about it is her constant need to talk in public.

If I was William, I wouldnt speak or invite her to anything for the rest of my life.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Majesty

"The jungle embraced me." Sounds like a 50s B horror movie. The Diana comment was truly over the top. It was like she was saying that she was glad that Diana was dead, because that meant that she missed the wedding as well. Sarah should stop giving interviews, even about charity efforts. If she wants to make public appearances for them, fine. But no more interviews. She alienates herself further with every interview, and I doubt that Oprah cares as long as she gets the ratings.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am hoping that it didn't come out that way...but because of editing this is what was released.

I agree. What an odd thing to say.

Fergie never knows when to stop talking.
You might be right Zonk, on first reading it's a horrible quote but the editing may have something to do with that. Perhaps all she was trying to say was that in a way if Diana couldn't be there, then I didn't want to be there because I would have missed her. Whatever she was trying to say in typical Sarah fashion it came out all wrong.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

That Diana quote didn't come across well, no. Sarah (as we know) doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. But let's see how the whole interview sounds. Part of the problem is that Oprah is always fishing for dramatic answers. She'll frame the fact that Sarah wasn't invited as a "snub" and will purposely ask Sarah what was going on in the depths of her soul when she found out she wasn't invited, etc.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Courtier

I haven't read MailOnline yet - I don't like tabloids as a rule, but if the article is accurate....well, words start to fail me!

I try not to get involved in Sarah-bashing, but I have to say in my very humble opinion that the lady does not really help herself! I suppose the sad thing is that the only way that Sarah can hope to put herself in a financially secure situation again is by continually trying to re-visit her royal connections in any way she can....

Silly me I am sure, but what was she doing in Thailand, when she is apparently short of cash?

The thing is, I just do not 'get' poor Sarah. I can remember being astonished well
I can remember someone once saying that Sarah should avoid opening her mouth because she can't help but put her foot in it....and it seems that nothing has changed.... I thought that the Oprah interview was to deal with 'finding herself' and making reparations for the lastest two scandals; instead it seems we are getting complaints about not being invited to the wedding......

Only my humble views

Alex
Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I know I'm being a pig in a poke here however I cannot help but wonder: Who paid for the Thailand trip?
Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I know I'm being a pig in a poke here however I cannot help but wonder: Who paid for the Thailand trip?
That was my second thought.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Majesty

I've been wondering the same thing.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Not to be funny or rude.....I know curiousity is a normal human feeling...but is that any of our business? Sarah is a private citizen as people like to remind us.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
That was my second thought.
What was your first?

Oh tell me to stick my snout somewhere else Zonk!
Curiosity (aka gossip!) is going to absolutely KILL Russo one of these days!!
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Does she seriously think that her being snubbed by the BRF is on par with, and places her in good company with, Diana's exclusion?

Diana didn't come because, you know, she's dead. How in God's name is that a situation to "love?" Sarah didn't come because she is divorced from her meal ticket and is a walking diaster and architect of her own downfall.

I'm in total agreement with everything you have stated. Those quotes from Sarah make her look delusional, whiny, and entitled. I sincerely hope that Sarah was misquoted because those comments from her are beyond the pale and totally out of order. Sarah has no one to blame but herself for her recent scandals, financial troubles, and for not being invited to the wedding. The blame falls on her alone.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Not to be funny or rude.....I know curiousity is a normal human feeling...but is that any of our business? Sarah is a private citizen as people like to remind us.
As always, Zonk....Sarah brings the topic into play. Last major news about her was that she - her own words - didn't have a pot to p*ss in. So if she herself brings her trips & spending into play - again! - then here we are asking about it.

She would have been far better served to do something quietly to mark the occasion if she was compelled to do so; perhaps have gone to Thailand and not talked about it.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
What was your first?
It had to do with the embrace of the jungle :-)
Old 05-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

I get the feeling she owns up to her wrong doing because it is expected. If she were truly sorry she would have learned from her mistakes and managed her money better she would have a better perception from people. I like Sarah but if by almost 60 you are singing the same tune you were at 30 something, it's time to turn on Glee.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
As always, Zonk....Sarah brings the topic into play. Last major news about her was that she - her own words - didn't have a pot to p*ss in. So if she herself brings her trips & spending into play - again! - then here we are asking about it.

She would have been far better served to do something quietly to mark the occasion if she was compelled to do so; perhaps have gone to Thailand and not talked about it.
And of course, we agree to disagree.

She was asked a question on where was she? Not how she paid for it.
I have said it before and I will say it again. Everyone is quick to point out that Sarah is a private citizen and not royal. She shouldn't (I don't know why she does) and doesn't have to explain her whereabouts or how she pays for them.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
And of course, we agree to disagree.

She was asked a question on where was she? Not how she paid for it.
I have said it before and I will say it again. Everyone is quick to point out that Sarah is a private citizen and not royal. She shouldn't (I don't know why she does) and doesn't have to explain her whereabouts or how she pays for them.
If you choose to go on Oprah and discuss anything and to have a reality show then I personally believe you have now forfeitted your privacy and should be prepared for any questions arising from said show and interview...she may no longer be Royal but now she's a reality show ''star'' ......
Old 05-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Courtier

She also wasn't the last bride down that aisle. Where on earth does she come up with this stuff?

Zonk - I completely agree - why does she talk about her travels and herself so much in this way? If she didn't, she'd be much better off.

How about this imaginary exchange:

Oprah: So where did you go since you weren't invited to the Abbey?

Sarah: I spent some private time contemplating my past and my relationships, where I had succeeded and where I had not. And I said a prayer that Will & Kate would be as happy throughout their married lives as I was on my wedding day, there at Westminster.

Would it have killed her? I hardly think so. Should she have known that the question would come up and had time to prepare an answer? Um. Yes.

Hope she saved some money in the past months as she dragged out of bankruptcy. I'm not thinking that Brand Sarah is being well served by its titular head.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli View Post
I'm in total agreement with everything you have stated. Those quotes from Sarah make her look delusional, whiny, and entitled..
Because she is delusional, whiny and entitled. We are talking about a
52 year old woman who has never grown up, and she will never stop talking especially is someone will pay her to talk. She craves the spotlight.

Closed Thread