The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm def taping both. I SO regretted not taping the last one. I can't find it online anywhere though I'm dying to see it again.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Try You Tube.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
That is her own life. What else is she supposed to talk about?
If she must talk, it should be possible to talk about her issues with self esteem, food, alcohol, money, depression etc without talking specifically about the royal family, her husband or her daughters. Can`t really imagine she has anything new to add to her old sob story.

Her daughters are British HRH and should not be appearing on Oprah. Their mother is using them for publicity purposes and damaging what ever chance of a future role they might wish to play as official working royals. Andrew and the girls seem to bend over backwards to keep helping Sarah to their own detriment. She doesnt exactly serve as a good role model for a member of the royal family or anyone else for that matter.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
If she must talk, it should be possible to talk about her issues with self esteem, food, alcohol, money, depression etc without talking specifically about the royal family, her husband or her daughters. Can`t really imagine she has anything new to add to her old sob story.
In this case, unfortunately, I do not think you can talk about one without the other.
And why should'nt B and E be on Oprah just because of thier royal stutus?
Old 05-09-2011, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
In this case, unfortunately, I do not think you can talk about one without the other.
IMO,their mother is essentially pimping them out to boost her image as a mother and to boost ratings. It was probably part of the deal with Oprah. I just think it is degrading to their position as royal princesses to go on that show while their mother goes on about her issues boo hoo hoo oh me oh my, my life is screwed up, I had it all and I lost it all boo hoo hoo.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
IMO,their mother is essentially pimping them out to boost her image as a mother and to boost ratings. It was probably part of the deal with Oprah. I just think it is degrading to their position as royal princesses to go on that show while their mother goes on about her issues boo hoo hoo oh me oh my, my life is screwed up, I had it all and I lost it all boo hoo hoo.
Ever since the word came out that B&E will be losing their security protection unless doing official engagements and need to find their own careers in life, I see no reason why they shouldn't have the option of appearing on Oprah if they so wanted as long as they know that some topics are definitely a no-no. Such as talking about the BRF, her dad and anything that could be construed by the family as off limits.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ever since the word came out that B&E will be losing their security protection unless doing official engagements and need to find their own careers in life, I see no reason why they shouldn't have the option of appearing on Oprah if they so wanted as long as they know that some topics are definitely a no-no. Such as talking about the BRF, her dad and anything that could be construed by the family as off limits.

What penalties would you apply to them if they did appear and talk about their family?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Serene Highness

A no-no? On Oprah? Oh no, it's Oprah vs. The Queen.

This is absolutely the way to establish American brand name connections for the girls - they can have the newest young-lines at some chain store, for sure - if Oprah helps 'em out. Go, Queen Oprah.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Try You Tube.
I have but nothing shows up except small preview clips.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Bea outfit marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
A no-no? On Oprah? Oh no, it's Oprah vs. The Queen.

This is absolutely the way to establish American brand name connections for the girls - they can have the newest young-lines at some chain store, for sure - if Oprah helps 'em out. Go, Queen Oprah.
Gosh... that's all we need- a bunch of young ladies with Bea head-wear on!
Mark my words, next somebody will make a Bea Barbie doll with her wedding outfit on!
I keep thinking: How on earth can Bea top that hat?
How worse can it get? I don't want to know.. but I am sure I'll find out...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What penalties would you apply to them if they did appear and talk about their family?
I don't think there would be any penalties or fines and such but it sure wouldn't help the negativity that's abounding around the York family as is. I think if they really did something to disgrace the family name, it would go on the hypothetical list of "Reasons to revoke titles from Beatrice and Eugenie".

Really as I see it, in all the years that Sarah has been divorced and independent of the royal family, she's never really said anything downgrading nor degrading about the BRF and I would imagine her girls would follow in those footsteps. As they most likely will be on the fringe of anything royal, if they could find a career from some of the people in the US, it'd be a good thing. I really don't see either of the girls leaving the UK though.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Courtier

May I please add a couple of my humble opinions by way of background information to what has been said above?

The first difficulty that I see with B & E appearing on the show is simply this: it may sound odd and old-fashioned, but there is what I suppose I can call 'a strong unwritten Royal Rule' that members of the BRF who are 'close to the throne' do not either associate themselves with or try to seek publicity / exposure of this type, and they certainly do not get involved with programmes of a commercial nature. The reason for this is to keep consistency with Buckingham Palace's desire to keep as much 'personal royal stuff OUT of the media' as is possibe. The Queen and senior members of the BRF and their courtiers/advisers try to protect the Royal 'brand image' and like to do this by being as 'controlling as possible' of what information enters the public domain, even in cases where it can do no harm [By way of example, I remember when the Queen's close childhood friend 'Porchie' (the Earl of Carnarvon) died; the Queen was very distressed by his death, but the Palace would not issue the tiniest statement on the matter in reply to questions from the press as to how Majesty was feeling, not even a 'very proper' "The Queen is deeply saddened by his passing and has sent her condolences to his family" type of remark. All this caution is to [try to] enable the Palace to have 'the upper hand' when they try to 'kill' undesirable personal stories. It's hard for the Palace to complain about the Press following Royal Private Lives too closely if the Palace is happy to let certain private information 'out into the public domain' but then becomes tight-lipped over other private matters....

I think we all remember the hole for which Diana, Princess of Wales dug for herself by trying to 'have it both ways with the media'. Lord Calcutt, who published his Report on Press Freedom at the height of what the media loved to call 'The War of the Waleses' noted the problems posed by the Royal Family when certain senior members in effect 'invaded their own privacy' by their co-operation [leaks!!] to the media.

With regard to B&E, supposing in a month's time there is some terrible scandal affecting either or both of these young ladies, which the Palace wishes to damp down as soon as possibe and tries to 'kill off press interest' by claiming B&E are not like others but are in effect private people? Cries of 'two-faced Palace' would be ringing from the newsrooms of every British Newspaper , and not just the tabloid trash, with the Editors, with some justification being able to claim, 'Well, the Palace was quite happy to let B&E appear on prime-time US tv....

The other substantial reason in my very humble opinion as to why B&E should keep off the programme is simply this: if it reallly going to be seen as a 'career move' for these two young ladies, then I sincerely hope not. It may sound tough, but I DO NOT think that it would be a proper career path for either B or E if they 'seek employment' based on opportunities presented to them by their 'Royal connections'. Both B&E are studying for degrees - in other words, getting sufficient 'furniture in their heads' to enable them to pursue conventional career paths - rather than trade on their Royal connections [which at the end of the day does not really seemed to have helped their unfortunate mother very much!!] Why don't B&E seek to follow the sort of career paths that their fellow students are aiming for? Tough perhaps, but I think that if they are not going to 'join the Royal firm', the best thing is for these two young ladies to 'make the break' as soon as possible.

Please, please Sarah, leave your daughters OUT of this type of programme. I cannot bear to think how negatively it could impact on B&E if at the end of the day the programme tends to be roundly criticised - is it fair to run the risk of 'tainting' these two young ladies with the scandal?

Just my thoughts

Alex
Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 AM
Aristocracy

let them do whatever as far as i am concerned. i highly doubt they will reign over the uk, they seem to be close to being stripped of their status anyway. they are being told to get careers which is perfectly understandable. if they want to do oprah why not? if they want to support their mother (i wouldn't after all the scandal she's caused) go for it. its up to them to decide how they want to make their living and as long as it's not scandalous, i say power to the princesses! if they have to feed themselves then it's nobody's business how they do it. Imo.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Really as I see it, in all the years that Sarah has been divorced and independent of the royal family, she's never really said anything downgrading nor degrading about the BRF and I would imagine her girls would follow in those footsteps.

I'm not sure I would agree, Osipi.
I clearly remember an interview with Sarah where she was extremely critical of the Queen; she insinuated that the Queen expected her, along with her daughters, to live in a hovel.

"And these were her grandchildren!" (said in a tone of shocked disbelief, as if the Queen expected the girls to sell matches in the street).

I would call that saying something negative about the BRF.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because, IMO, it would reflect badly upon the Princesses. They should skirt this one and leave it at that. Otherwise they will be in a Catch-22 on what they do and don't say on Oprah. Once you open that can of worms, you cannot get the worms back into the box.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

'It was so difficult': Fergie reveals her hurt over Royal Wedding snub | Mail Online

Well, this article mentions quotes from the upcoming Oprah interview but says nothing about Beatrice and Eugenie being there.

It definitely makes sense that Andrew looked upset at the wedding, if he'd been talking to Sarah (who was upset that she wasn't there) beforehand. Alas, Sarah only has herself to blame.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
'It was so difficult': Fergie reveals her hurt over Royal Wedding snub | Mail Online

Well, this article mentions quotes from the upcoming Oprah interview but says nothing about Beatrice and Eugenie being there.

It definitely makes sense that Andrew looked upset at the wedding, if he'd been talking to Sarah (who was upset that she wasn't there) beforehand. Alas, Sarah only has herself to blame.
I particularly liked this part:

'I really love the feeling that sort of Diana and I both weren't there,' Ferguson, who has often spoken of her close bond with with the late princess, told Oprah.

IIRC, were they not estranged at the time of Diana's death? And - Fergie "loves" the feeling that "Diana & I both weren't there"?!?!?

Wow. Words kind of fail me. I mean, as long as Fergie - the ex-wife of the groom's uncle - was out in the cold, why on earth should Diana, the mother of the groom, have been invited? Good thing she was dead, eh? Bet no one missed Diana, or at least not as much as they missed Fergie.

Does she seriously think that her being snubbed by the BRF is on par with, and places her in good company with, Diana's exclusion?

Diana didn't come because, you know, she's dead. How in God's name is that a situation to "love?" Sarah didn't come because she is divorced from her meal ticket and is a walking diaster and architect of her own downfall.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Administrator

I am hoping that it didn't come out that way...but because of editing this is what was released.

I agree. What an odd thing to say.

Fergie never knows when to stop talking.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I particularly liked this part:

'I really love the feeling that sort of Diana and I both weren't there,' Ferguson, who has often spoken of her close bond with with the late princess, told Oprah.

IIRC, were they not estranged at the time of Diana's death? And - Fergie "loves" the feeling that "Diana & I both weren't there"?!?!?

Wow. Words kind of fail me. I mean, as long as Fergie - the ex-wife of the groom's uncle - was out in the cold, why on earth should Diana, the mother of the groom, have been invited? Good thing she was dead, eh? Bet no one missed Diana, or at least not as much as they missed Fergie.

Does she seriously think that her being snubbed by the BRF is on par with, and places her in good company with, Diana's exclusion?

Diana didn't come because, you know, she's dead. How in God's name is that a situation to "love?" Sarah didn't come because she is divorced from her meal ticket and is a walking diaster and architect of her own downfall.
Yes, Yes, Yes with all of your statement! Im officially sick and tired of Fergie's sob story. Kate looked beautiful, BUT I was the last to walk down the aisle....in 1986!!! Move on with your life please. I also love how so unfortunate for her she was isolated in a Thailand jungle (cause that's not beautiful or extravagant).
Old 05-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I have to say I will be watching tomorrow. My curiosity knows no bounds.

Closed Thread