The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure she is wearing pearls. Pearls have luster, but in some of the photos, they are sparkling. Pearls don't sparkle.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Video of Sarah in Puerto Rico:

En la Isla la duquesa de York - El Nuevo Día

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for posting that video, rmay286!
After all the recent negativity about Sarah (on this forum as much as in the media at large), it’s really good that people are reminded of the wonderful charity work she does. She is really in her element here, and the passion that she has comes through so strongly in her voice during the interview.
(Of course, there’s no way this story will be reported in the Daily Mail or any other UK paper, since they’re only interested in “scandals”, debts and holidays....)
http://duchessdiscoveries.com
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
She is really in her element here, and the passion that she has comes through so strongly in her voice during the interview.
(Of course, there’s no way this story will be reported in the Daily Mail or any other UK paper, since they’re only interested in “scandals”, debts and holidays....)
Oh, very true--the Daily Mail only prints articles that fit with their chosen theme. Since it's hard to work scandals/debts/"swanning around on holidays" into this story, I am confident it will be completely ignored, and the rest of the UK will be none the wiser about Sarah's trip to Puerto Rico.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Majesty

Sarah is a very good speaker and definitely has a good way with the people she tries to help. She can look absolutely fantastic at times as well.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Nobility

I definately agree with the three previous posts.
I just hope that Sarah has reached a turning point and can stay out of trouble, and furthermore I hope the media is a bit more objective and balanced towards her, of course some of her actions deserves nothing but criticism, but sometimes she deserves credit which she doesn't get.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
I definately agree with the three previous posts.
I just hope that Sarah has reached a turning point and can stay out of trouble, and furthermore I hope the media is a bit more objective and balanced towards her, of course some of her actions deserves nothing but criticism, but sometimes she deserves credit which she doesn't get.

But that doesn't sell so therefore what is the point in reporting it.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Video of Sarah in Puerto Rico:

En la Isla la duquesa de York - El Nuevo Día

Thanks a lot for the video! Very nice!

Here i found some more pics of Sarah in Puerto Rico where the dress looks very different!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry i forgot to post the link!

Here it is:
Fergie på gala i Puerto Rico – för barnens skull | Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...velations.html

Andrew and Sarah's relationship tense
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
I didn't understand a word, but she looks great in the pictures
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I just read this article...who knows if it's true, but I thought, what an odd reason for an argument, after everything else they could have blamed each other for over the years! It seems that Andrew and Sarah both wanted to get Sarah's debts paid off as fast as possible, no matter who paid them off, so they're both to blame for this one.

I suppose that could be the problem, actually...
Old 03-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I just read this article...who knows if it's true, but I thought, what an odd reason for an argument, after everything else they could have blamed each other for over the years! It seems that Andrew and Sarah both wanted to get Sarah's debts paid off as fast as possible, no matter who paid them off, so they're both to blame for this one.

I suppose that could be the problem, actually...
Or it could be the DM having to come up with another anti-York story as that haven't had a go at any of them for about a week.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Royal Highness

Well, how could Andrew be tense with Fergie if he was helping her pay off her debts? That issue aside, if the story is a bit true, it wouldn't be unusual that there is a bit of tension between Andrew and Fergie. The amount of tabloid publicity would cause tension in any household.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Well, how could Andrew be tense with Fergie if he was helping her pay off her debts? That issue aside, if the story is a bit true, it wouldn't be unusual that there is a bit of tension between Andrew and Fergie. The amount of tabloid publicity would cause tension in any household.
Exactly - the bad press would put a strain on any relationship and on the sanity of any person. There undying love for each other though is still strong and they are putting it all away for a short time at least to ensure that Eugenie has a great celebration for her 21st.

Usually the Queen hosts the 21sts for her descendents - at least she has for Peter, Zara, William and Harry and Beatrice's 18th but I don't remember her doing so for Eugenie's 18th and now again her 21st - is there something happening within the RF dynamic about which we aren't aware?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Majesty

Whose party was it that had the extravagant costume gowns? Beatrice's? That party was thrown by her parents, I think. Strange that they'd say that Beatrice was in "the line of fire," considering that she lives at St. James' Palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Exactly - the bad press would put a strain on any relationship and on the sanity of any person. There undying love for each other though is still strong and they are putting it all away for a short time at least to ensure that Eugenie has a great celebration for her 21st.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Usually the Queen hosts the 21sts for her descendents - at least she has for Peter, Zara, William and Harry and Beatrice's 18th but I don't remember her doing so for Eugenie's 18th and now again her 21st - is there something happening within the RF dynamic about which we aren't aware?
Maybe Eugenie just doesn't want the fanfare and would rather have a smaller party at home.

As I was reading the Prince Andrew thread, I thought again about the rumours of tension between Andrew and Sarah. I wouldn't be surprised if the Daily Mail was just stirring up trouble again, but...

While we haven't heard much about Andrew in the news lately, I wouldn't be surprised if there have been talks behind the scenes about a new role for him. Royal advisors would probably prefer that Andrew quietly retires before he is forced to resign. For all we know, the palace or Andrew himself knows of more damaging stories that could come out. But I also think Prince Andrew will not give up his job without a fight. That trade ambassador job is very important to him; you can tell when he talks about it--it's given him a sense of purpose.

I would think that the prospect of losing that role would cause tension in Andrew's life--he could be upset with himself for jeopardizing his job, and be taking it out on his family or his advisors.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Yes, I think that he definitely has passion for this job. I've never got the sense--when seeing him interviewed--that he's doing it out of a sense of duty or because he has to be seen to be doing something.

Quote:
But I also think Prince Andrew will not give up his job without a fight. That trade ambassador job is very important to him; you can tell when he talks about it--it's given him a sense of purpose.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Whose party was it that had the extravagant costume gowns? Beatrice's? That party was thrown by her parents, I think. Strange that they'd say that Beatrice was in "the line of fire," considering that she lives at St. James' Palace.

That was Beatrice's 18th.

As it was held at Windsor I thought it was given by the Queen, as she had done with the other grandchildren, even though she, Philip, Charles, Camilla, William and Harry weren't there - presumably because Sarah was. One of those events that she paid for but didnt' attend. A bit like not attending her eldest son's second marriage - although the reasons were different, but still don't wash with me - just a pathetic excuse not to attend in my opinion - but that is for another thread.

Beatrice asked for it to be for her 18th because of all the 8s rather than for her 21st, as is traditional with members of the RF (as it is at that age that they can begin to serve as Counsellors of State - unless they are the heir to the throne - Charles has served since he was 18, as did the Queen, but all others who have served have been 21).
Old 03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Sarah, Duchess of York, in Mayfair, London, March 25, 2011.

** Pic ** zimbio gallery **