The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 03-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I thought Dave and Beatrice were introduced to each other by Prince William so that wouldn't mean Richard Branson was behind it. Anyway, back to Sarah, I didn't mean to go off topic.
I wasn't implying that he introduced them, just that his involvement with the RF made it possible. And onto the topic at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I really doubt that Sarah has so many generous friends. If she did, she probably wouldn't have gotten into debt in the first place.
Ultimately, having rich friends means nothing if you can't take care of yourself. They could've invested but they obviously knew it wouldn't go anywhere. Once the debt was there the only one to actually pour money into her was Andrew. Can't expect your pals to just fork over thousands or more, even if they can afford it easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It's been mentioned that she had a similar lifestyle before Andrew; perhaps she did, but she came from a family of relatively modest means.
Other perks were supplied by wealthy boyfriends like McNally, and now that she is older, such a solution is less likely.

In addition, she's now known to have alienated much of the RF. So any devoted friends won't be expecting any payback.

I fully expect her to run into debt again in a relatively short time.
It wouldn't surprise me if she did. Hardheadedness can be a great attribute when facing adversity but it's such a weakness when you can't see your own massive faults. Even worse when those around you don't seem to point them out.

Unfortunately Sarah seems to used to be able to taste the high life on someone else's dime. Eventually the well will dry up. Has it now? Don't know, when the dust settles I'm sure she'll get another chance. Wait for the wedding hoopla to pass, maybe even wait for Zara be slow and sneak your way back in.
__________________

  #282  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post

Unfortunately Sarah seems to used to be able to taste the high life on someone else's dime. Eventually the well will dry up. Has it now? Don't know, when the dust settles I'm sure she'll get another chance. Wait for the wedding hoopla to pass, maybe even wait for Zara be slow and sneak your way back in.
Sneak her way back in where?
Supposedly the Queen has had it with Sarah.
And, according to Andersen (I know I'm quoting him quite a bit but I just finished his book) William was one of the most outraged members of the RF when the scandal broke.

(He's said to have marveled that Diana ever was her friend).

With a pov like that, I think it's unlikely Sarah will be in good standing with the RF any time soon.
__________________

  #283  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,331
I have that book and I am going to reread it. Because honestly, I took a majority of what was said as a grain of fluff....I recall there were a couple of contradictions that made me question the veracity of the book.
__________________
.

  #284  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:53 AM
georgiea's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I have that book and I am going to reread it. Because honestly, I took a majority of what was said as a grain of fluff....I recall there were a couple of contradictions that made me question the veracity of the book.
Anderson writes well but I don't trust all his facts. I had a lot of books by him that I gave away.

I just think the Royal family does not like the scandals the the Duchess brings to the BRF. We know that Prince Philip can not be in the same room with the Duchess. We all know that Prince William loves his grandfather. Then no Sarah at the royal wedding.

Also Diana, Princess of Wales was really never close to Sarah, Duchess of York after her disgrace and divorce. I read that the Duchess wrote in her book that she got worts from the Princess' shoes. I think it was the last straw in a friendship that was based on competition. I know Sarah tried the last year of Diana's life to be her friend again and the Princess would not let her in. This too could have soured Prince William to the Duchess.
__________________
Watch your actions, for they become your habits. Watch your habits because they become your character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.
  #285  
Old 03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Sneak her way back in where?
Supposedly the Queen has had it with Sarah.
And, according to Andersen (I know I'm quoting him quite a bit but I just finished his book) William was one of the most outraged members of the RF when the scandal broke.

(He's said to have marveled that Diana ever was her friend).

With a pov like that, I think it's unlikely Sarah will be in good standing with the RF any time soon.

I didn't mean the royal family, I'm one of those that doubts that'll ever happen. I was talking restarting some kind of career. Waiting till the RF's star was brightest, after the wedding, and slowly attempt to rebuild herself.
  #286  
Old 03-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Russophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, United States
Posts: 4,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Supposedly the Queen has had it with Sarah.
Do you have any sources that confirm this Mirabel? I am not trying to be snarky, HM RARELY says anything about any scandal (except the Annus Horribilus speech) so I am VERY interested if she did. Thanks!
__________________
"Not MGM, not the press, not anyone can tell me what to do."--Ava Gardner
  #287  
Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
I thought Dave and Beatrice were introduced to each other by Prince William so that wouldn't mean Richard Branson was behind it.
Not wanting to fuel a conspiracy (Branson inflitrates the royal family!!!!) Beatrice herself last year when she ran the London marathon said that Sam Branson introduced her to Dave Clarke not Prince William as it was reported.


Quote:
I really doubt that Sarah has so many generous friends. If she did, she probably wouldn't have gotten into debt in the first place.
Sarah's generous friends provide her with homes, holidays and travel, not money. Eg last year she stayed in Conneticut with one long time friend, she was invited to Richard Branson's 60th on Nekker island (free accomodation) rich Conneticut friend flew her down to Nekker in own private plane. So Sarah travelled by private plane (free) holidayed on Nekker (free). Paddy McNally for years has given her the use of his chalet in Verbier (Free) and also a house in Spain during the summer (free) For the last ski holiday a private car picked her up from the train station, the car had friends of hers and they collected her from the station (again free!) Sarah gets into debt because she pays this generosity onto others, not her rich friends but those who are 'not so rich'. All goes well while her finances are good but when a business deal (her Hartmor range) collapses then her finances also collapse.
Quote:
Supposedly the Queen has had it with Sarah.
And, according to Andersen (I know I'm quoting him quite a bit but I just finished his book) William was one of the most outraged members of the RF when the scandal broke.

(He's said to have marveled that Diana ever was her friend).
Christopher Andersen's books are total drivel. His last one had the photoshopped picture of Kate meeting the Queen. Nothing in his books should ever be taken seriously and certainly not quoted as information!
Diana's friendship with Sarah predates Diana's wedding, their mothers had been friends at school.
Quote:
Also Diana, Princess of Wales was really never close to Sarah, Duchess of York after her disgrace and divorce. I read that the Duchess wrote in her book that she got worts from the Princess' shoes. I think it was the last straw in a friendship that was based on competition. I know Sarah tried the last year of Diana's life to be her friend again and the Princess would not let her in. This too could have soured Prince William to the Duchess.
Diana was close to Sarah after her 'disgrace' (the toe sucking incident) and they spent time together after both their separations. Their 'falling out' predates Sarah's books which was written in 1996, it has nothing to do with writing about warts! At the Diana inquest Sarah provided a statement that prior to Diana's death they had no contact for 2 years. They holidayed together in August 1995 so that's when they fell out. William it seems has't bothered to re-establish any contact with Sarah. He hasn't spoken to her in years.
Sarah has always been a good friend to Diana, the same can't be said about Diana. After Diana's death Andrew Morton (who wrote the story) said it was Diana who telephoned him to say the Yorks were separating. In her book Sarah thought it was the 'grey men' of the palace who leaked the information early (they wanted to wait until after Eugenie's birthday, it was in a few days). Instead it was Diana. Sarah on the otherhand has never said anything negative EVER, about Diana and she easily could have, considering their falling out.
  #288  
Old 03-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
That¿s one way to settle your debts, Fergie: Duchess¿s former aides accept just a quarter of what she owed them | Mail Online

There is it seems some much needed good news for Sarah this week. Girl! However, I'm sure that has to be life No 8 used up. I truly hope the only way is up for her and wish her well.
Just behave Sarah, behave!!
  #289  
Old 03-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,006
All I can say is that I hope that her former aides have enough financial resources to pay their own obligations.


  #290  
Old 03-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Omaha, United States
Posts: 1,692
The tabloids have written that supposedly Andrew asked convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein to use his influence in helping Sarah deal with her creditors and former staff reported that Sarah was also a guest at Epstein's estate.
  #291  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bronx, United States
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
That¿s one way to settle your debts, Fergie: Duchess¿s former aides accept just a quarter of what she owed them | Mail Online

There is it seems some much needed good news for Sarah this week. Girl! However, I'm sure that has to be life No 8 used up. I truly hope the only way is up for her and wish her well.
Just behave Sarah, behave!!
How is this good news? All I see is her letting others hold the bag for her. This isn't good when you consider that it's not just an employee but someone she's known for decades who she's "convinced" to take to take a 75% cut on money rightfully owed to her. Some massive corparition is one thing but when you *bleep* the little guy like this you're asking for problems.

Another book. I wonder what we'll find in there.
  #292  
Old 03-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Do you have any sources that confirm this Mirabel? I am not trying to be snarky, HM RARELY says anything about any scandal (except the Annus Horribilus speech) so I am VERY interested if she did. Thanks!


I read it in one of the newspapers about the time the invitations were sent (I suppose it was to account for why Sarah didn't get one).
However, now I don't remember which one!

(I'm not too familiar with the British press, can't tell one paper from another. Sorry).
  #293  
Old 03-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,006
Exactly. It's good news for Sarah, but not for anyone else involved.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
This isn't good when you consider that it's not just an employee but someone she's known for decades who she's "convinced" to take to take a 75% cut on money rightfully owed to her.
  #294  
Old 03-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Galway, Ireland
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
How is this good news? All I see is her letting others hold the bag for her. This isn't good when you consider that it's not just an employee but someone she's known for decades who she's "convinced" to take to take a 75% cut on money rightfully owed to her. Some massive corparition is one thing but when you *bleep* the little guy like this you're asking for problems.

Another book. I wonder what we'll find in there.
Sorry Silver-bic, I probably wasn't very clear.
I was just thinking of it from Sarah's point of view, that the threat of bankruptcy has been lifted.
Of course her former employees won't be celebrating.
  #295  
Old 03-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
How is this good news? All I see is her letting others hold the bag for her. This isn't good when you consider that it's not just an employee but someone she's known for decades who she's "convinced" to take to take a 75% cut on money rightfully owed to her. Some massive corparition is one thing but when you *bleep* the little guy like this you're asking for problems.
Judging by the comments on this, most people agree with you.
  #296  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Polly's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mebourne, Australia
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
The tabloids have written that supposedly Andrew asked convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein to use his influence in helping Sarah deal with her creditors and former staff reported that Sarah was also a guest at Epstein's estate.
Hardly as issue, though, if true. A great many people have dealings with others who, it may later transpire, be less than honourable.

Why, Epstein and Maxwell have been guests at Sandringham. I hardly regard this as an aspersion on HM's integrity, though.
  #297  
Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Hardly as issue, though, if true. A great many people have dealings with others who, it may later transpire, be less than honourable.

Why, Epstein and Maxwell have been guests at Sandringham. I hardly regard this as an aspersion on HM's integrity, though.
Good Point Polly...there are also a lot of questionable people that have been around a lot of people who are well known including Andrew and Sarah. Maybe its just because its their threads and articles are being written about them...but I don't see the same type of scorn thrown their way.

Regarding Sarah paying her former employees...lets also not acknolwege that many employees who work for companies that go under unexpectedly often find themselves without a job and a last check. Its not just Sarah. Yes, I realize this is Sarah's thread but considering that many of these employees thought they weren't going to get paid at all...so this might be unexpected and greatly welcomed surprise, even if its not what is fully owed.

For everyone get's all excited, employing people and not paying them is NOT acceptable. Nor do I think that short changing people for job performance is NOT acceptable either.

I just think this is better than nothing, which is what they were going to get once Sarah ran into her money troubles.
__________________
.

  #298  
Old 03-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,331
No its not. In my opinion, people are letting their personal dislike for Sarah get in they way of their objectivitiy. Or rather their lack of objectivity. Until her recent financial hardships, you didn't hear much press from Sarah's employees about not getting paid.

Yes, there is certainly a life style change that Sarah needs to make but really, Sarah isn't different from other people that I know (realtors, loan officers, appraisers, etc.) who when they could financially support themselves maintained a certain lifestyle. When the market changed, all of sudden they couldn't pay people that they used to pay.

Sarah had business opportunities that didn't pan out, and as a result she is unable to pay people. Much like business that go under that don't pay (or pay late) their rent, their utilities, and some instances the people who pay for them.

ETA: Sarah is not perfect and there are many things that she can be blamed for etc...but I don't think she deliberately employed these people with the intention of not paying them. Certainly, she could exercise a degree of caution of how she looks and acts in a post financial nightmare...but let's keep it real. And regardless of personal feellings, fair. They way most people talk about her it as if she is a grifter or something.
__________________
.

  #299  
Old 03-06-2011, 09:37 PM
ada's Avatar
ada ada is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: pomona, Australia
Posts: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
No its not. In my opinion, people are letting their personal dislike for Sarah get in they way of their objectivitiy. Or rather their lack of objectivity. Until her recent financial hardships, you didn't hear much press from Sarah's employees about not getting paid.

Yes, there is certainly a life style change that Sarah needs to make but really, Sarah isn't different from other people that I know (realtors, loan officers, appraisers, etc.) who when they could financially support themselves maintained a certain lifestyle. When the market changed, all of sudden they couldn't pay people that they used to pay.

Sarah had business opportunities that didn't pan out, and as a result she is unable to pay people. Much like business that go under that don't pay (or pay late) their rent, their utilities, and some instances the people who pay for them.

ETA: Sarah is not perfect and there are many things that she can be blamed for etc...but I don't think she deliberately employed these people with the intention of not paying them. Certainly, she could exercise a degree of caution of how she looks and acts in a post financial nightmare...but let's keep it real. And regardless of personal feellings, fair. They way most people talk about her it as if she is a grifter or something.
Sorry Zonk - 'grifter' is probably just the word I've been looking for - she continued to employ and conduct business when she knew she was in debt.
  #300  
Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Sorry Zonk - 'grifter' is probably just the word I've been looking for - she continued to employ and conduct business when she knew she was in debt.

By if that is the case...Everyone or darn near everyone is a grifter. The US government, GM, your local doctor, etc. These are people who employ and conduct business when they are in debt. Is that what you mean?

A grifter (like the Angelica Hudson movie) is someone who is selling a con. I don't believe that is the case for Sarah.
__________________

__________________
.

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 18: January 2014 Zonk The Duke of York, Sarah Duchess of York, and Family 864 12-04-2016 04:35 AM
Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 1: January 2003-September 2004 Jacqueline Current Events Archive 170 09-23-2004 04:30 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece journalism kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander margrethe ii member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince alexander of sweden prince bernhard prince charles prince joachim princess eugenie fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sonja state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises