The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Sarah, Duchess of York current events 16 - 1 June 2011- 31 December 2013

Sarah, Duchess of York current events 16

Coat of Arms for Sarah, Duchess of York
commencing June 2011

Part 15, covering January 2011 until May 2011, can be found here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1-a-29718.html
* Posts rehashing old events and posts indulging in gratuitous Sarah-bashing will be removed .

Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, launching memoir at Princeton Barnes & Noble June 27 at 7pm

Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York, will sign her much-anticipated memoir, Finding Sarah, on Monday, June 27 at 7pm at Barnes & Noble, 3535 US Route 1 South in the MarketFair Mall, Princeton, NJ.

Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, launching memoir at Princeton Barnes & Noble June 27 at 7pm | PRLog

If anyone is in the area Sarah has a book signing in Princeton on June 27th.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Courtier

This sounds interesting and I wonder how well the book will do, as in my very humble opinion, it sounds a bit like 'the same old story'. Also I do wish the PRs could get ir right; Sarah is not 'Sarah THE Duchess of York'; she lost the right to be THE duchess on her divorce; she is simpley Sarah, Duchess of York.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Nobility

She certainly has alot to say.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

I feel much the same as Alex. Plus, it's obvious a tie in for the series about to be launched on OWN, so how much is this book Sarah "finding herself" yet again or how much of it is getting her image out there again in the public eye?

I like Sarah, but she needs *real* help to deal w/her problems. It's time to deal w/all the issues and grow up.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
I feel much the same as Alex. Plus, it's obvious a tie in for the series about to be launched on OWN, so how much is this book Sarah "finding herself" yet again or how much of it is getting her image out there again in the public eye?

I like Sarah, but she needs *real* help to deal w/her problems. It's time to deal w/all the issues and grow up.

True, but if she "grows up" then she's less newsworthy.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diarist View Post
This sounds interesting and I wonder how well the book will do, as in my very humble opinion, it sounds a bit like 'the same old story'. Also I do wish the PRs could get ir right; Sarah is not 'Sarah THE Duchess of York'; she lost the right to be THE duchess on her divorce; she is simpley Sarah, Duchess of York.
Her Twitter account is also "SarahTheDuchess." I suspect it's a lost cause.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy

Interesting interview with Sarah in the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/fa...ewanted=1&_r=1
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan

She is still whiny- oh I work 24/7 to pay for my staff, seems like she's blaming her having to work on her staff. And she's staying at the penthouse sweet.....Sorry but i was a Sarah fan and now not so much .....
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
She is still whiny- oh I work 24/7 to pay for my staff, seems like she's blaming her having to work on her staff. And she's staying at the penthouse sweet.....Sorry but i was a Sarah fan and now not so much .....

The line the article where she says "Andrew knows I could never sell him out. That's why he is still with me" turns my stomach. IAO she sold him out the moment she cheated on him while they were still married & over the years the hits just kept on coming.

I never wanted to think that Andrew really was for the lack of a better words that dumb & blind.

I also think Sarah is hanging on to the life she ruined.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Princess Sonya View Post
The line the article where she says "Andrew knows I could never sell him out. That's why he is still with me" turns my stomach. IAO she sold him out the moment she cheated on him while they were still married & over the years the hits just kept on coming.

I never wanted to think that Andrew really was for the lack of a better words that dumb & blind.

I also think Sarah is hanging on to the life she ruined.
That article was Ouch! She will never change.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
That article was Ouch! She will never change.
Sadly, I believe you are correct. Why should she change? As long as Sarah keeps messing up Andrew and their daughters will keep coming to her aid...she remains the center of their attention and gets lots of ink in the press. It would be nice to think that she would now behave herself and live quietly in the background. But that will NEVER happen. Sarah reminds me of a child who will misbehave just to get attention.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Nobility

I always thought Sarah got a rough deal in the marriage to Andrew.
She was not allowed to be a navy wife and follow him and was
left alone to immediately carry on appointments, etc. And then the poor
divorce settlement.

Both her and Andrew are to blame for how things turned out.

BUT WHY OH WHY CAN SHE NOT JUST STOP GIVING INTERVIEWS AND
JUST GET ON WITH A LIFE OF HER OWN.

She has worn us out and used up all our sympathy.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Serene Highness

You must remember that when Sarah made a fool of herself with John Bryan, she was a "separated" woman. I will agree that she made a mistake being photographed. It's one thing to be separated from your husband, quite another to have ridiculous pictures splashed everywhere. If you must carry on an affair, do so quietly and with discretion. You have to remember Diana did the same, only she kept it under wraps.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Courtier

The thing is, Sarah wants to be a part of a group/society to which she really does not belong. She somehow manages to keep appearing at various events as though she is some sort of "special person" and she is not. She is merely the ex-wife of the Duke of York and the Mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and that does NOT qualify her as a special person in society. She loves the press attention, I suspect she truly feels she is nothing without it. Her girls are adults and yet she still manages to hold their hands in public as if they were children and in this case she is the child. I don't see her letting go of them easily because if she did she wouldn't get the press that goes along with them. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean that she consciously does this but there is no doubt that when she is with them she manages to get attention. The longer this goes on the more pathetic she appears. I'm sure she has enough money to live quite well IF she didn't feel entitled to a very, very extravagrant lifestyle. She is really appearing very desparate.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
The thing is, Sarah wants to be a part of a group/society to which she really does not belong. She somehow manages to keep appearing at various events as though she is some sort of "special person" and she is not. She is merely the ex-wife of the Duke of York and the Mother of Beatrice and Eugenie and that does NOT qualify her as a special person in society. She loves the press attention, I suspect she truly feels she is nothing without it. Her girls are adults and yet she still manages to hold their hands in public as if they were children and in this case she is the child. I don't see her letting go of them easily because if she did she wouldn't get the press that goes along with them. I know that sounds harsh and I don't mean that she consciously does this but there is no doubt that when she is with them she manages to get attention. The longer this goes on the more pathetic she appears. I'm sure she has enough money to live quite well IF she didn't feel entitled to a very, very extravagrant lifestyle. She is really appearing very desparate.
Well said.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:42 AM
Aristocracy

Try reading up histrionic personality disorder. Whilst I'm not saying it definately fits, I am saying it possibly could.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post

None of this helps her. It only exagerates her problems/issues. I almost wish she would retire to a convent like royals used to do.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
None of this helps her. It only exagerates her problems/issues. I almost wish she would retire to a convent like royals used to do.
Sarah is obviously not able to realise that it has been herself who has destroyed her chances at living a fulfilling and dignifiedlife. She probably thinks today on being down that life as a Royal wife was so much more better and wishes to be back there - musing about the Royal Wedding that once she was the celebrated bride but not understanding it was doing why she is not longer Royal and not longer respected.

Sarah was not cut for Royal life back then and she isn't now. Not at all. She believes in some sort of childhood dream of a princess who can do whatever she wants without any responsibility and without having to pay a price for her doings. Wrong, Sarah!!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Courtier

And isn't this another one with another "twist"?

Sarah Ferguson: 'No wonder no-one loves me. I am disgusting' - Telegraph