Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree. About the part I bolded, can you imagine if the genders were switched, how much grief that woman would take?

Exactly. Not accusing anyone of or suggesting anything but if Andrew was the one who did all this to Sarah people would be saying he was emotionally abusive to her and we all know it. I know I am gonna get my beatdown on the board for having the nerves to say it. Hide me !LOL!!
:hiding:

Last edited:
I am sorry Duchessmary...this particular American doesn't "love it" at all.

Thank you Moonmaiden...my feelings exactly!!!!

I am a former supporter of Sarah (I posted a lengthy response about this last year in the "Cash for Access" thread, post #233) and I have not watched a single interview or anything else on television that includes her ever since - the only information I have about these interviews are from printed news articles and this forum.

I would however watch an interview in which the questions asked are about Sarah and only Sarah. In the very unlikely (if not impossible) event that this should happen, I do not believe Sarah would allow it. She would find some way to bring the most popular people she knows, both dead and alive, into the conversation because that deflects all the attention away from the subject at hand – her self-imposed post-royal life of scandal.

I have often wondered what Sarah would do if just one interviewer had the courage to say to her, for example, "thank you for that bit of information about Kate, but since I did not ask about Kate and it is very likely that you have never actually met her, please try to stick to the subject at hand". I am absolutely convinced that if only one interviewer had the courage to just focus on Sarah during an interview, then the world would finally have a chance to see how much of what she has peddled during the last 15 years is really true.

In regards to the whole love thing with Andrew, I just have to say that this man will never be king, but he will always be of royal blood and he will always have money. Unlike Prince Charles and his sons, Andrew poses no constitutional threat to the monarchy or the Commonwealth because he is so far down the line of succession. And if William and Harry have children, he will be even further down the line. With this in mind, if he truly loved Sarah, he would have already taken the same stance as Prince Charles did with Camilla and say that Sarah is non-negotiable. There would be nothing stopping him from talking to the Queen and saying to her, I am going to be with her, so if that means I lose the title or my place in line to the throne, or whatever, then I lose it. If it has not happened in the past 15 years I do not think it ever will. Sarah needs to find a way to deal with it.

Whether they want to admit it or not, the ones who are truly being hurt publically and I am sure privately are Beatrice and Eugenie. Every time I look at these two young women who are trying to do right by the Queen and the BRF and trying to better themselves with education and work experience, all I can think of is how much harder they have to work not because they are royal, but because their mother makes the entire York clan look silly. These ladies did not cause any of their mother's scandals, but every time Sarah mentions their support of her in an interview in which one or her many scandals are discussed, they immediately become part of the scandal - I am not saying that they should not support their own mother, however, Sarah makes it sound as if they support me because my daughters and I know that I did not do anything wrong, and the rest of the world is too stupid to realize it. Beatrice and Eugenie are not given a chance to respond to their mothers comments and probably would not if they could. They just have to muddle through and clean-up the messes their mother has and will continue to make. I do not like to hear of any family splitting up, but I wonder how many scandals will occur before one or both say enough is enough. If that day ever comes, that will be Sarah's final bow.

Just my teeny tiny two cents worth!! :flowers:

Last edited:

In regards to the whole love thing with Andrew, I just have to say that this man will never be king, but he will always be of royal blood and he will always have money. Unlike Prince Charles and his sons, Andrew poses no constitutional threat to the monarchy or the Commonwealth because he is so far down the line of succession.

That's just the thing; is he that far away?
He's much younger than Charles and he may outlive him.

What will happen if, God forbid, something should happen to William before he has children?

Who would succeed, Harry or Andrew? I don't mean to offend anyone, but under these circumstances Harry might be forced to take a DNA test, and what if???

I really don't think we can say Andrew is far down the line of succession until William has an heir!

I'm pretty sure Harry would succeed, if he has no developed imparement.

'Kate Middleton would have been daughter Princess Diana longed for' Fergie tells Piers Morgan | Mail Online

Fergie needs to SHUT THE :doh:UP! Doesn't she realize that every time she does an interview and mentions Diana or William and Catherine, it's the same as when she got caught on video trading access to Andrew for cash??? Because she is getting paid for these interviews! And these media outlets, whether it's Oprah or Piers Morgan or the New York Times, are only interviewing her to get her opinion on Diana, Kate or the royal wedding!

Actually the segment concerning Diana, the wedding and William and Kate was just a small section of an hour long interview.. or should I say shovel=it-on-kneehigh spewing of words. It seemed that no matter who Sarah was talking about, it seemed to me that they were the best thing since sliced bread in her opinion from Andrew to the American public. She's made it out that Andrew is nothing less than the second coming and that they have a "modern fairy tale" and alludes to still being very much in love with him Her mother and father were simply wonderful and it seems that we Americans don't understand how British raised their kids. Diana and her were "sister" and the Cash for Access sting was something she still can't look at and how it was edited to delete and add things. Ahhh... if I didn't know better, I'd have said that Sarah had taken a huge dose of whatever it it is that gives one a rose-colored glasses outlook on events in her life.

She does seem to be on top of the world right now and from what she said last night, isn't going to be stepping out of the limelight any time soon.

Has anyone actually survived a whole hour of a Fergie broadcast ?

:))

Some people may find the notion of “public therapy” disagreeable, but there may well be a sense in which this could be genuinely beneficial and cathartic to her – to get all this out in the open.

Agreed. But the bitter and quite unseemly irony of this dislike for "public therapy" (disregarding the fact that she might genuinely need it) is that all those people who enjoy spitting venom against her (check the comments section of any newspaper these days) obviously are blind to the fact that THEY are indulging in a VERY public form of "therapy", of the basest and most unproductive kind, at the expense of another human being who, on top of everything, is exposed to the eyes of the world - while they are sitting behind their computer screens.

I do not understand this lack of "forgiveness" towards her (I have put the term in quotation marks because there is nothing for anyone unrelated to her TO forgive). She not Myra Hindley, for heaven's sake!

I feel I should add that I am no fan of Sarah; I don't even like her much... or at all (for strictly personal reasons).
But I'd rather be dead than ever to fall prey to such total and callous lack of basic human empathy.

Thank you. I have spoken. :)

Last edited:
Printemps you sound like a lovely person and I understand where you are coming from.

Many of us...at least I do...have some compassion for Sarah. But I think the way that she is indulging in her own personal "journey" with no seeming regard to the people she claims to love most..and respect most...is troubling at best and vile at worst.

I don't wish her any ill. Quite the opposite...I rooted for her and Andrew for YEARS and even now a small and foolish and romantic part of me wants them to reconcile.

But not like this.

ETA: LadyKaren...I commend you on a brilliant post..one of the most honest and insightful I have read on this Sarah issue.

Last edited:
Yes, she is cashing in. They all do. They go to the Middleeast and carry away millions in jewels, from people who may harm their citizens and flaunt it about. Who would hire any of them to do anything, if they weren't "royal"?

I have watched the Oprah interview straight through twice. Nothing else was on. I am not a big fan of Fergie's, but I admire Oprah a lot. Please do not bash me. You asked.

I tried, I really did.:) I decided to DVR the program in case I wanted (could stand) to watch more of it. When she started doing the backstroke regarding her comments about her parents abuse I just couldn't take it anymore. :bang: This woman, I am beginning to believe is a pathological liar. IMO, Piers Morgan was also pretty easy on her. He did ask questions but didn't seem to press her and let her get by with her latest invention. I suspect he may believe that the American public is so in love with her that he dare not appear too pushy.

I will say that she did look very nice ..... dressed in a royal purple :lol: dress.

That's just the thing; is he that far away?
He's much younger than Charles and he may outlive him.

What will happen if, God forbid, something should happen to William before he has children?

Who would succeed, Harry or Andrew? I don't mean to offend anyone, but under these circumstances Harry might be forced to take a DNA test, and what if???

I really don't think we can say Andrew is far down the line of succession until William has an heir!

I base this on several issues.

First, the news has been full of reports that the current and previous Prime Minister have addressed the issue of changing the succession law(s) of putting males ahead of females. PM Gordon even put forward a bill that would do just this and revoke the ban on British monarchs marrying Roman Catholics. The current government states that this will take time, however, there have been no reports or even hints that they will or will not. Great Britain and Spain (as far as I know) are the only European countries that still have this law. Long story short, the UK government realizes that it can no longer ignore a discriminatory law placed on the most famous family in the world. When this happens, it will also mean that Princess Anne, Peter Phillips, Savannah Phillips (Peter's daughter), and Zara Phillips will be placed ahead of Prince Andrew in the line of succession - if this were to happen today, it would place him eighth in line to the throne. And if/when William and Harry have children, he would be bumped down even further.

Second, the government is removing the security detail from Beatrice and Eugenie - if there was any hope or indication of these girls being the heir(ess) or future monarch, the government would never, and I mean never, remove their security.

Third, IMHO, Sarah has ruined any chance of Andrew becoming king in the unlikely and unfortunate event that anything were to happen to the Wales family. I could not see either the government or the people showing a great amount of support knowing that Sarah will always be in the background whether Andrew wants her there or not.

Lastly, Prince Harry will never be asked or forced to take a DNA test. Regardless of what the tabloids have said or what anyone thinks, it will not happen. I obviously cannot speak for Harry, but if that were me and the government, establishment, media, or whomever insulted my deceased mother's memory by asking me to take a DNA test to justify tabloid fodder, I would give up my place in line to the throne. :)

Last edited:
ETA: LadyKaren...I commend you on a brilliant post..one of the most honest and insightful I have read on this Sarah issue.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Moonmaiden! :flowers:

What does any of this have to do with Sarah's Current Events?

Let's get back on topic.

Off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

I tried, I really did.:) I decided to DVR the program in case I wanted (could stand) to watch more of it. When she started doing the backstroke regarding her comments about her parents abuse I just couldn't take it anymore. :bang: This woman, I am beginning to believe is a pathological liar. IMO, Piers Morgan was also pretty easy on her. He did ask questions but didn't seem to press her and let her get by with her latest invention. I suspect he may believe that the American public is so in love with her that he dare not appear too pushy.

I will say that she did look very nice ..... dressed in a royal purple :lol: dress.

I was flipping between Piers Morgan & some other show I was watching. There was a lot of flip flopping on things she previously said. I didn't watch the whole thing though. That was maybe my 3rd time watching the show since Larry King retired.

I just saw parts of her with Oprah and found the whole thing somehow boring. My former beloved Duchess certainly did not appear to me to be the sharpest tool in the shed. I could not believe her childish reactions to Dr Phil and to Suze Orman and wondered if they were not scripted and badly acted by Sarah, yep I thought they were almost too stupid to be true. Even Oprah rolled her eyes a few times. The teasers from `Finding Sarah`` were supposed to make me want to see that show on OWN but just did the opposite.

Do you all think, if invited to the wedding, she would not be doing this series??

I agree with moonmaiden; not only would she have done the series, she would have had a camera and video recorder on her person in the Abbey and broadcast live, permission or not.

Sarah is simply answering the questions put to her about Diana, William and Catherine. I have to admit, I like the way she's come off so far, trying to get her act together after the cash for access scandal last year. She is a public figure, she is former royalty, and we Americans love it. :)

Um. Please do not speak for me. Not disrespect intended, but that's the kind of blanket statement that is truly cringeworthy. I don't "love" Sarah in her incarnation as public figure or former royalty, any more than I "love" the ruin that is Charlie Sheen, also a public figure and also former "royalty," of the Hollywood sort.

Last edited:
:previous:NaP, you're stuck in The Matrix. :D

Save me! Save me!

:lol:

I thought the grey suit that Sarah wore on June 7 was really perfect. Clean, classic, businesslike.

The big publicity push here is courtesy of Oprah and her influence in the media forum. Without Oprah's backing, frankly no one beyond the local 5:00 am news would have picked this up.

During a publicity junket like this, the costs are generally picked up by the publisher/backer, so that means Sarah's expenses during this "push" are being footed by OWN, including wardrobe & travel. However, generally speaking, there are usually offsets to this, meaning the expenses become partially or wholly a "draw" against the advances of the publication or show. I've seen a figure of $300K - but much earlier in this thread, I also saw a figure of $5MM. I think that latter one, $5MM, just has to be flat-out wrong. Sarah received a $2.5MM advance for her first book, which was when she was still quite a bit hotter of a ticket in every sense than she is now.

I too shudder to think what concoctions Sarah will come up with next, now that she has backpeddled on the "child abuse" issue, and now that we discover that that "going-to-Thailand-for-the-embrace-of-the-jungle" wasn't to escape her wedding rejection, but as part of an ongoing travels associated with this venture. Frankly, I'm waiting for the sexual abuse or sexual attack allegations because it's next on the scale of terrible-victim events.

And I think the second that HM and/or the DoE dies, she will begin changing her tune about how groovy HM is.

Last edited:
I just saw parts of her with Oprah and found the whole thing somehow boring. My former beloved Duchess certainly did not appear to me to be the sharpest tool in the shed. I could not believe her childish reactions to Dr Phil and to Suze Orman and wondered if they were not scripted and badly acted by Sarah, yep I thought they were almost too stupid to be true. Even Oprah rolled her eyes a few times. The teasers from `Finding Sarah`` were supposed to make me want to see that show on OWN but just did the opposite.

Do you think Suze, Oprah and Phil truly like her as a person, or see her as just a cash cow(no pun intended) for the struggling OWN?

I shudder to think what they say about her behind her back. :sad:

I believe Oprah likes her, but one cannot be 100% sure.

I think I need to clarify myself. What I meant by "All of us Americas love it" I meant British royalty in general. :lol: I certainly did not intend to make a "blanket" statement, but I think I speak for a lot of us. Sarah isn't a royal any longer, but she's been there and done that and it's interesting, at least to me. As I've mentioned before, I understand she's messed up bad a number of times, but I get the impression that no matter what Sarah does people are going to howl and bare their fangs, and that's their opinion. I'd like to give the girl a small break in this case. *shrug*. Just some random thoughts.

One could feel pity for a little girl called Sarah who lost her mother via divorce and never succeded to forget this sad page in her life,but one could not pity the actual Duchess who took the wrong step to gain money and popularity.Her confessions won't help her,I suppose and could not change her past .I think Queen Mother had some reason when she commented on Sarah and Diana,that they had come from broken families and it 's nothing strange this marked their future family life.Even her mother was not serious at all when she left the girl ,but it's not good to criticize and blame a dead person publicly,she should have told this privately her family members ,but not making money through cheapy show
Fergie and 'the mark of the devil' on her forehead: The truth about the Duchess's claims | Mail Online

And I think the second that HM and/or the DoE dies, she will begin changing her tune about how groovy HM is.

IF she does that will be a major major mistake. The Queen is too well respected and even the DOE has attained a certain "love". She will truly go down the tubes if she tries that. IMHO.

Sarah Ferguson Abused by her Mother

Have any of you heard the story that sarah is now peddling? She told Oprah that she was verbally abused by her mother. I have a hard time believing this, as sarahs mother moved to South America with her second husband and rarely saw her. Even her sister Jane, does not recall this. What do members of the Forum think?:whistling:

Have any of you heard the story that sarah is now peddling? She told Oprah that she was verbally abused by her mother. I have a hard time believing this, as sarahs mother moved to South America with her second husband and rarely saw her. Even her sister Jane, does not recall this. What do members of the Forum think?:whistling:

Yes, actually, we have heard this and we have discussed it extensively. Please feel free to go back to the beginning of this thread to discover what the members of the Forum think.

What do I think? Well some of the following words words come close.
Balderdash,
Poppycock,
Humbug.

All good words for what the ex duchess is spouting.

I agree with moonmaiden; not only would she have done the series, she would have had a camera and video recorder on her person in the Abbey and broadcast live, permission or not.

That's heavy. Even if Sarah was really that stupid Oprah would've balk if only because of the negative publicity that would bring when it all came out.

I think I need to clarify myself. What I meant by "All of us Americas love it" I meant British royalty in general. :lol: I certainly did not intend to make a "blanket" statement, but I think I speak for a lot of us. .

Either it's all, which is still blanket statement or a lot. Nt trying to pile on but you're going both ways there.

What do I think? Well some of the following words words come close.
Balderdash,
Poppycock,
Humbug.

All good words for what the ex duchess is spouting.

Now, now. There's no need for profanity.

IF she does that will be a major major mistake. The Queen is too well respected and even the DOE has attained a certain "love". She will truly go down the tubes if she tries that. IMHO.

Completely agree. If there's one thing that will guarantee her being tossed out on her behind it's going after Elizabeth. If she does that then she's truly lost it all and is going for broke. I'm talking wide ranging tell all book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom