The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Has anyone actually survived a whole hour of a Fergie broadcast ?

:-))
I have watched the Oprah interview straight through twice. Nothing else was on. I am not a big fan of Fergie's, but I admire Oprah a lot. Please do not bash me. You asked.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Has anyone actually survived a whole hour of a Fergie broadcast ?

:-))
I tried, I really did. I decided to DVR the program in case I wanted (could stand) to watch more of it. When she started doing the backstroke regarding her comments about her parents abuse I just couldn't take it anymore. This woman, I am beginning to believe is a pathological liar. IMO, Piers Morgan was also pretty easy on her. He did ask questions but didn't seem to press her and let her get by with her latest invention. I suspect he may believe that the American public is so in love with her that he dare not appear too pushy.

I will say that she did look very nice ..... dressed in a royal purple dress.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's just the thing; is he that far away?
He's much younger than Charles and he may outlive him.

What will happen if, God forbid, something should happen to William before he has children?

Who would succeed, Harry or Andrew? I don't mean to offend anyone, but under these circumstances Harry might be forced to take a DNA test, and what if???

I really don't think we can say Andrew is far down the line of succession until William has an heir!
I base this on several issues.

First, the news has been full of reports that the current and previous Prime Minister have addressed the issue of changing the succession law(s) of putting males ahead of females. PM Gordon even put forward a bill that would do just this and revoke the ban on British monarchs marrying Roman Catholics. The current government states that this will take time, however, there have been no reports or even hints that they will or will not. Great Britain and Spain (as far as I know) are the only European countries that still have this law. Long story short, the UK government realizes that it can no longer ignore a discriminatory law placed on the most famous family in the world. When this happens, it will also mean that Princess Anne, Peter Phillips, Savannah Phillips (Peter's daughter), and Zara Phillips will be placed ahead of Prince Andrew in the line of succession - if this were to happen today, it would place him eighth in line to the throne. And if/when William and Harry have children, he would be bumped down even further.

Second, the government is removing the security detail from Beatrice and Eugenie - if there was any hope or indication of these girls being the heir(ess) or future monarch, the government would never, and I mean never, remove their security.

Third, IMHO, Sarah has ruined any chance of Andrew becoming king in the unlikely and unfortunate event that anything were to happen to the Wales family. I could not see either the government or the people showing a great amount of support knowing that Sarah will always be in the background whether Andrew wants her there or not.

Lastly, Prince Harry will never be asked or forced to take a DNA test. Regardless of what the tabloids have said or what anyone thinks, it will not happen. I obviously cannot speak for Harry, but if that were me and the government, establishment, media, or whomever insulted my deceased mother's memory by asking me to take a DNA test to justify tabloid fodder, I would give up my place in line to the throne. :-)
Old 06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Commoner

ETA: LadyKaren...I commend you on a brilliant post..one of the most honest and insightful I have read on this Sarah issue.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Moonmaiden!
Old 06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Administrator

What does any of this have to do with Sarah's Current Events?

Let's get back on topic.

Off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I tried, I really did. I decided to DVR the program in case I wanted (could stand) to watch more of it. When she started doing the backstroke regarding her comments about her parents abuse I just couldn't take it anymore. This woman, I am beginning to believe is a pathological liar. IMO, Piers Morgan was also pretty easy on her. He did ask questions but didn't seem to press her and let her get by with her latest invention. I suspect he may believe that the American public is so in love with her that he dare not appear too pushy.

I will say that she did look very nice ..... dressed in a royal purple dress.

I was flipping between Piers Morgan & some other show I was watching. There was a lot of flip flopping on things she previously said. I didn't watch the whole thing though. That was maybe my 3rd time watching the show since Larry King retired.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Courtier

I just saw parts of her with Oprah and found the whole thing somehow boring. My former beloved Duchess certainly did not appear to me to be the sharpest tool in the shed. I could not believe her childish reactions to Dr Phil and to Suze Orman and wondered if they were not scripted and badly acted by Sarah, yep I thought they were almost too stupid to be true. Even Oprah rolled her eyes a few times. The teasers from `Finding Sarah`` were supposed to make me want to see that show on OWN but just did the opposite.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae View Post
Do you all think, if invited to the wedding, she would not be doing this series??
I agree with moonmaiden; not only would she have done the series, she would have had a camera and video recorder on her person in the Abbey and broadcast live, permission or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Sarah is simply answering the questions put to her about Diana, William and Catherine. I have to admit, I like the way she's come off so far, trying to get her act together after the cash for access scandal last year. She is a public figure, she is former royalty, and we Americans love it.
Um. Please do not speak for me. Not disrespect intended, but that's the kind of blanket statement that is truly cringeworthy. I don't "love" Sarah in her incarnation as public figure or former royalty, any more than I "love" the ruin that is Charlie Sheen, also a public figure and also former "royalty," of the Hollywood sort.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

NaP, you're stuck in The Matrix.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
NaP, you're stuck in The Matrix.
Save me! Save me!

I thought the grey suit that Sarah wore on June 7 was really perfect. Clean, classic, businesslike.

The big publicity push here is courtesy of Oprah and her influence in the media forum. Without Oprah's backing, frankly no one beyond the local 5:00 am news would have picked this up.

During a publicity junket like this, the costs are generally picked up by the publisher/backer, so that means Sarah's expenses during this "push" are being footed by OWN, including wardrobe & travel. However, generally speaking, there are usually offsets to this, meaning the expenses become partially or wholly a "draw" against the advances of the publication or show. I've seen a figure of $300K - but much earlier in this thread, I also saw a figure of $5MM. I think that latter one, $5MM, just has to be flat-out wrong. Sarah received a $2.5MM advance for her first book, which was when she was still quite a bit hotter of a ticket in every sense than she is now.

I too shudder to think what concoctions Sarah will come up with next, now that she has backpeddled on the "child abuse" issue, and now that we discover that that "going-to-Thailand-for-the-embrace-of-the-jungle" wasn't to escape her wedding rejection, but as part of an ongoing travels associated with this venture. Frankly, I'm waiting for the sexual abuse or sexual attack allegations because it's next on the scale of terrible-victim events.

And I think the second that HM and/or the DoE dies, she will begin changing her tune about how groovy HM is.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Frankly, I'm waiting for the sexual abuse or sexual attack allegations because it's next on the scale of terrible-victim events.
That was repressed. . . . .
Old 06-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
I just saw parts of her with Oprah and found the whole thing somehow boring. My former beloved Duchess certainly did not appear to me to be the sharpest tool in the shed. I could not believe her childish reactions to Dr Phil and to Suze Orman and wondered if they were not scripted and badly acted by Sarah, yep I thought they were almost too stupid to be true. Even Oprah rolled her eyes a few times. The teasers from `Finding Sarah`` were supposed to make me want to see that show on OWN but just did the opposite.
Do you think Suze, Oprah and Phil truly like her as a person, or see her as just a cash cow(no pun intended) for the struggling OWN?

I shudder to think what they say about her behind her back.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe Oprah likes her, but one cannot be 100% sure.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

I think I need to clarify myself. What I meant by "All of us Americas love it" I meant British royalty in general. I certainly did not intend to make a "blanket" statement, but I think I speak for a lot of us. Sarah isn't a royal any longer, but she's been there and done that and it's interesting, at least to me. As I've mentioned before, I understand she's messed up bad a number of times, but I get the impression that no matter what Sarah does people are going to howl and bare their fangs, and that's their opinion. I'd like to give the girl a small break in this case. *shrug*. Just some random thoughts.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

One could feel pity for a little girl called Sarah who lost her mother via divorce and never succeded to forget this sad page in her life,but one could not pity the actual Duchess who took the wrong step to gain money and popularity.Her confessions won't help her,I suppose and could not change her past .I think Queen Mother had some reason when she commented on Sarah and Diana,that they had come from broken families and it 's nothing strange this marked their future family life.Even her mother was not serious at all when she left the girl ,but it's not good to criticize and blame a dead person publicly,she should have told this privately her family members ,but not making money through cheapy show
Fergie and 'the mark of the devil' on her forehead: The truth about the Duchess's claims | Mail Online
Old 06-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
And I think the second that HM and/or the DoE dies, she will begin changing her tune about how groovy HM is.
IF she does that will be a major major mistake. The Queen is too well respected and even the DOE has attained a certain "love". She will truly go down the tubes if she tries that. IMHO.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 PM

Sarah Ferguson Abused by her Mother

Have any of you heard the story that sarah is now peddling? She told Oprah that she was verbally abused by her mother. I have a hard time believing this, as sarahs mother moved to South America with her second husband and rarely saw her. Even her sister Jane, does not recall this. What do members of the Forum think?
Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack84 View Post
Have any of you heard the story that sarah is now peddling? She told Oprah that she was verbally abused by her mother. I have a hard time believing this, as sarahs mother moved to South America with her second husband and rarely saw her. Even her sister Jane, does not recall this. What do members of the Forum think?
Yes, actually, we have heard this and we have discussed it extensively. Please feel free to go back to the beginning of this thread to discover what the members of the Forum think.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionjack84 View Post
What do I think? Well some of the following words words come close.
Balderdash,
Poppycock,
Humbug.

All good words for what the ex duchess is spouting.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
I agree with moonmaiden; not only would she have done the series, she would have had a camera and video recorder on her person in the Abbey and broadcast live, permission or not.
That's heavy. Even if Sarah was really that stupid Oprah would've balk if only because of the negative publicity that would bring when it all came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I think I need to clarify myself. What I meant by "All of us Americas love it" I meant British royalty in general. I certainly did not intend to make a "blanket" statement, but I think I speak for a lot of us. .
Either it's all, which is still blanket statement or a lot. Nt trying to pile on but you're going both ways there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
What do I think? Well some of the following words words come close.
Balderdash,
Poppycock,
Humbug.

All good words for what the ex duchess is spouting.
Now, now. There's no need for profanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
IF she does that will be a major major mistake. The Queen is too well respected and even the DOE has attained a certain "love". She will truly go down the tubes if she tries that. IMHO.
Completely agree. If there's one thing that will guarantee her being tossed out on her behind it's going after Elizabeth. If she does that then she's truly lost it all and is going for broke. I'm talking wide ranging tell all book