The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Gentry

On December 13, Sarah, Duchess of York, was the keynote speaker at the British American Business Council Christmas Luncheon in Santa Monica, California, revealing to Britain's 'Closer' magazine that she has lost 30 pounds (she looks the best she has in years) and that, as usual, she will be skiing in Switzerland over Christmas while Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie will be with The Queen.

Source: Duchess Of York Sarah Ferguson Shows Off Weight Loss & Is Ready For Her Comeback! | Closer Weekly

Old 12-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great. Good for her!

Old 12-16-2013, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics of Sarah at the British American Business Council Los Angeles 54th Annual Christmas Luncheon on December 13:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

She looks great!
Old 12-16-2013, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Always good to see Sarah.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 12-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Yes, Sarah does look great!

On Twitter, several people from her flight to LA (including her flight attendant) were telling Sarah what a pleasure it had been to meet her. One person thanked her for the Christmas card. Do we have any links to the Yorks' 2013 Christmas card yet?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Aristocracy

She looks very well and pretty - lovely to see. Good for her!
Old 12-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

She does look very well. She's been out of the public eye for awhile, and I think that it's been good for her.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

On December 17 Sarah, Duchess of York, as Patron has opened a new teenage cancer unit at Southampton General Hospital.

** Pic ** teenagecancertrust.org article **

** itv.com: Southampton opens young cancer unit **
Old 12-21-2013, 01:42 AM
Gentry

On December 19 Sarah, Duchess of York, as Patron, opened the Teenage Cancer Trust Unit at the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Sarah, Duchess of York opens teenage cancer unit in Edinburgh | Edinburgh & East | News | STV
Old 12-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
She does look very well. She's been out of the public eye for awhile, and I think that it's been good for her.
Apparently she has been in Verbier eating blended foods and running/hiking in the mountains.
Fergie's amazing transformation: Duchess of York sheds TWO STONE on gruelling 90 day mountain bootcamp | Mail Online
This comment of hers - "I want to get into America and support young children who need to be educated about the future" - reminds me of why Sarah sometimes irritates me - IMO, America's young children don't need someone who's claim to fame is that she once married into a family we had a revolution to be rid of to 'educate them about the future.' May I humbly suggest that if she has a burning desire to educate young children she stick w/ her own country.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Apparently she has been in Verbier eating blended foods and running/hiking in the mountains.
Fergie's amazing transformation: Duchess of York sheds TWO STONE on gruelling 90 day mountain bootcamp | Mail Online
This comment of hers - "I want to get into America and support young children who need to be educated about the future" - reminds me of why Sarah sometimes irritates me - IMO, America's young children don't need someone who's claim to fame is that she once married into a family we had a revolution to be rid of to 'educate them about the future.' May I humbly suggest that if she has a burning desire to educate young children she stick w/ her own country.
I truly appreciate anyone who work with the youth and try to help them along the way. It doesn't matter to me if the helper is unknown or a formal senior royal.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Unless the average American youth is being educated at home by their parents as a supplement to the classroom I would imagine a good many of them don't even realize there was a Revolutionary War. If there's a chapter on it during grade school I'd be surprised.

I think Sarah looks great even when she was a little heavier. The fixation on weight is not needed. Women need to stop eating their own.

LaRae
Old 12-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
The US can be amazingly myopic and one of our issues as a nation is a focus only on ourselves. I think US kids can only benefit from anyone with a sincere desire to bring in other cultural perspectives and lessons.

I had a Welsh teacher in the fourth grade who changed my whole worldview as a child by talking about where she was from and other places she had been. As a young child, that makes an impact.

Even something as small as introducing literature and other cultural touchstones that I wouldn't have found otherwise- I would never have read about the Wombles had it not been for this one teacher.

So IMHO- there's nothing whatsoever wrong with this quote and I hope she does good work.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Unless the average American youth is being educated at home by their parents as a supplement to the classroom I would imagine a good many of them don't even realize there was a Revolutionary War. If there's a chapter on it during grade school I'd be surprised.

I think Sarah looks great even when she was a little heavier. The fixation on weight is not needed. Women need to stop eating their own.

LaRae
It's the first bit of American history every kid learns and I remember learning about it in the second grade.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
It's the first bit of American history every kid learns and I remember learning about it in the second grade.
Yes and it's shockingly incomplete and it's rarely heard about again unless you take a course in college that would cover that subject.

Ask an average American about the Revolutionary War and I bet you whatever you want to bet they will not know much if anything about it.

LaRae
Old 01-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Administrator

It's time for a new thread, which can be found here Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: January 2014

Thanks to all who have posted!

Closed Thread