The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

I posted the link a few posts above. It's just a small quote in a Daily Mail article about Andrew's 50th birthday party.

Andrew enjoyed a kiss on the cheek from every female guest.
But it was clear that his daughters are closest to his heart.
After dinner, he gave a speech in which he thanked them for being 'the best thing in my life'.
And he joked: 'I've got three children, one being Sarah!'

Read more: Prince Andrew's girls just won't stop partying after celebrating father's 50th birthday | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 10-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, rmay286. I was sure it was out there somewhere.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:16 AM
Majesty

My mate Fergie: Extraordinary enduring friendship of Duchess of York and mum from council estate-
Sarah Ferguson and Tonia Sargerson friendship: Moving story of the Duchess of York and the mum from Hull council estate - Mirror Online

A very touching story.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-06-2013, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of York is writing a historical novel!

La duchesse d’York écrit un roman | Noblesse & Royautés
Old 10-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Courtier

That's been in the works for a few years. Time will tell how it goes her books haven't been doing very well.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
My mate Fergie: Extraordinary enduring friendship of Duchess of York and mum from council estate-
Sarah Ferguson and Tonia Sargerson friendship: Moving story of the Duchess of York and the mum from Hull council estate - Mirror Online
It says..One is a duchess whose home is a 30-room mansion in the grounds of royal Windsor Park

First of all, Sarah is not a Duchess anymore.
And then that is NOT HER HOME..
She is staying there as a refugee, because her home burnt and her ex took pity on her that she cant afford a roof, and let her live in his home.

I hope Sarah and her PR cronies just stop short of saying she owns Buckingham palace
Old 10-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post

It says..One is a duchess whose home is a 30-room mansion in the grounds of royal Windsor Park

First of all, Sarah is not a Duchess anymore.
And then that is NOT HER HOME..
She is staying there as a refugee, because her home burnt and her ex took pity on her that she cant afford a roof, and let her live in his home.

I hope Sarah and her PR cronies just stop short of saying she owns Buckingham palace
1. She IS Sarah Duchess of York, not an HRH
2. While she may not own her home, it IS and has been her home for decades
Old 10-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Majesty

She is NOT a Duchess as a Duchess is the wife of a Duke - she isn't - she was but isn't now. She uses the style Duchess of York as a surname like all wives of divorced peers.

She has lived at Royal Lodge since 2008.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
She is NOT a Duchess as a Duchess is the wife of a Duke - she isn't - she was but isn't now. She uses the style Duchess of York as a surname like all wives of divorced peers.

She has lived at Royal Lodge since 2008.
It was not qualified as Duchess as in wife of a Duke.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Courtier

The house burnt down years ago it's kind of old to be using that as an excuse. Sarah has lived at Royal for 5 years it's hard to believe in all that time with the money she made from Oprah etc she hasn't been able to afford to rent her own house. It seems more a case she doesn't want too. Even the girls have left home so she isn't taking care of her daughters. Most people her age are able to stand on their own two feet Sarah seems either unable or unwilling too hardly someone to respect. Yes, I know Andrew mustn't have a problem with it but it is a very odd situation.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Majesty

Prince Andrew have addressed this subject in an interview last year. He said that it's all up to her on is she want to stay at Royal Lodge but he said their living arrangements works for them.

Sarah is styled as Sarah, Duchess of York. Although she's not an HRH anymore, she's the only Duchess of York most people know of today.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-06-2013, 09:34 PM
Serene Highness

If the living arrrangments works for them, then that's fine. I don't know why people criticize them. If they are happy with it, then that's all that matters.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Agreed. If the Yorks like the arrangement, it shouldn't concern anyone else.

Maybe Andrew feels responsible for Sarah. Or maybe he doesn't want the mother of his children to have to worry about her housing. Or maybe the family likes being together.

Their daughters are only 23 & 25 and they probably like spending time with both parents when they come home.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 AM
Heir Apparent

You are right. Andrew and Fergie seem to enjoy each other's company and often holiday together both with and without their kids. The annual birthday bash is a perfect example.

They obviously love each other dearly but, as to whether they are in love, who knows other than them. More importantly, it's their business not ours.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Majesty

Happy Birthday to Sarah, Duchess of York!!!

Sarah Ferguson ‏@SarahTheDuchess 2h
Thank you to all my kind followers who wished me Happy Birthday. I am very touched and hope to be back on tweeting more regularly

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Majesty

Sarah Ferguson and Downton Abbey's Lord Julian Fellowes to make a royal film follow-up | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
The house burnt down years ago it's kind of old to be using that as an excuse. Sarah has lived at Royal for 5 years it's hard to believe in all that time with the money she made from Oprah etc she hasn't been able to afford to rent her own house. It seems more a case she doesn't want too. Even the girls have left home so she isn't taking care of her daughters. Most people her age are able to stand on their own two feet Sarah seems either unable or unwilling too hardly someone to respect. Yes, I know Andrew mustn't have a problem with it but it is a very odd situation.

Money slips through her hands like water, though. That may be the real reason Andrew doesn't insist she leaves, since I've heard her presence has caused an estrangement from Phillip and Charles.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Royal Highness

I can well understand why there might be considerable tension within the Royal Family regarding Sarah. Although she is obviously a good mother and probably has many other strong personal qualities, she has never come across to me as someone who has good judgement or who exercises restraint. It is good to see the Yorks share a close family relationship, but I sincerely hope it continues as it is and that Sarah is " kept at arm's length" as far as the Royal Family are concerned.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Commoner

I remember when they interviewed the late Lynn Redgrave at a Hollywood event several years ago and she called Fergie a "Rent-a-Royal". I think that this was shortly after she signed up with Weight Watchers. But she was really desperate for revenue at the time. I don't think that she was really raised to be expected to earn a living.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Serene Highness

Good news! This is something Sarah can do well, I think. The Young Victoria was a great movie.