The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Majesty

Sarah looking good.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FergieFan View Post
And, wonder of wonders, the DM is actually being NICE to Sarah! (Still, you can always rely on the morons who leave comments to provide the seemingly obligatory spitefulness and bile).
She shouldn't get too excited, they usually do this before they launch a particularly nasty attack.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Aristocracy

Wow! What a busy week she's had!
Tuesday: dinner at Coya, then the Marie Curie Cancer Care charity auction with Bea and Eug.
Weds: the Hello party and the Asian Achievement event (I guess one of them must have been a lunch do).
Thurs: The Butterfly Ball, plus I just found that she also visited a centre for people with learning disabilities on the same day:
Duchess of York visits Brixworth group - Community News - Northampton Chronicle and Echo

So that's SIX engagements in 3 days! Nice to see that famous energy is undiminished. I imagine she'll enjoy having a bit of a break now after all that!
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 05-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Nobility

She also visited a humanitas charity shop on Monday last, some nice pics with this article.

A Royal Visit to Hitchin – The Duchess of York drops in on the Humanitas Shop | Humanitas Charity
Old 05-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Majesty

Very nice that Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie gave some of their personal belongings to Humanitas Shop and Sarah will be giving away some stuff on a regular bases. I really like that Sarah is doing this.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

I agree, lovely pics and a fascinating article. I really love the ways she throws herself into her charity work with such energy and enthusiasm. What a special day it must have been for the staff of this shop. Wonderful!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Nice to see her out and about, and looking good!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Nobility

I have just read that Sarah has agreed to be a parton of a charity called "Steph's Wishes". It's a charity which Stephanie Knight had begun to set up before she sadly passed away recently. A lot of people read Steph's story when she wrote a bucket list while fighting cancer. Hopefully Sarah can help her family realise some of her wishes.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Majesty

That would be great if she became the charity's patron.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

That's great that she's getting involved with this charity. When Steph's story became big news, Sarah was one if the celebrities who supported her. She sent her presents for her hen do and a beautiful signed photo with the girls, and she got her friend Robbie Williams involved, as Steph was a big Take That fan. How fantastic that Sarah will honour Steph's memory by continuing to be invoved in the foundation.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

At least she is out and about I often feel for her ...
Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Courtier

I save my sympathy for people who deserve it. Sarah lives rent free in an amazing house, has staff, cooks and personal assistants she doesn't have to lift a finger. She goes off on regular first class vacations far more then the average person. She still eats out in first class restaurants and goes to parties and charity events. She has two daughters who adore her and an ex husband who is still friendly with her. Her problems fall onto herself she made these mistakes and still hasn't owned up to them. Not sure why you feel sorry for her my life is way harder then hers and I haven't had any of the opportunities that Sarah chose to screw up.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah, against all the odds, remains a very upbeat and outgoing woman who obviously makes friends and is admired enough to still be asked to be a patron of a charity.

When is everyone going to cut her a break and just say . . . if anyone can put her foot in it it's Sarah, and just accept she is relatively accident prone. That's when someone isn't going to inordinate and expensive lengths to set her up to fall flat on her face causing her and (to really get their monies worth) the BRF as much humiliation as possible!

It really is bullying at it's worst when you see her continually lampooned and yet . . . still actual real people, the ones with beating pulses, like her and enjoy her company so I'm guessing that whatever her faults are, and like most all of us, she has a few, she is a person that other people like to be around. They enjoy her company because she's actually not the wicked witch of the north, south, east or west.

She is just Sarah. A terrific mother and sometime ditzy friend.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

If you want to be seen , just invite Sarah in the best restaurant or to a big party!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Aristocracy

A very fair-minded and well expressed assessment of the situation from Marg, I think. Yes, of course it's true that Sarah has all the trappings of the elite lifestyle - the house, staff, holidays, etc. Despite all that, I don't know if I'd swap places with her - the bullying that she has had to put up with from the press over the years has been horrendous. She has been very brave in the way that she has coped with that (including a refusal to bury her head and hide, as she knows that her public profile is a means towards being able to help people). I don't think I could have handled all of that as well as she has.

Whilst her lifestyle may be enviable, Sarah has had to cope with pressures in her life that most of us could not comprehend, mostly deriving from her tortured relationship with the media. Yes, she has made mistakes, as we all have, but hers have been plastered across pages and pages of tabloids. Her privacy has been continually violated (topless photos, entrapment, phone hacking etc.) and she has suffered poison pen character attacks on herself, her ex-husband and her daughters. Through all this, she has stayed strong and true *to her beliefs, been a great mother, worked tirelessly for her charities and been an inspiring figure to many. And as Marg says, her friends have stayed loyal and value her company, which must say something about the kind of person she is.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Marg for this analysis. I personally have a lot of difficulties with the things Sarah did and said but I see that quite some of them should have stayed in private and others should not have happened at all (fake sheikh etc.) Plus she has behaved really good during these last months, maybe she learned her lessons after all and won't be an embarrasment for the Royal family any more. So I do think the public (that is: the media) should cut her some slack and support her on leading a decent life. For I can see her good sides as well.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Majesty

I think we all know that Sarah has made her mistakes. Despite her lifestyle, she's still human and humans make mistakes.

Are people going to continue to beat her across the head for it? or move on and hope that Sarah continue to find peace and continue on supporting her charities and just hope everything will be okay for her?

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Nobility

Sarah was in the Ukraine yesterday. The Chief Executive of a charity founded to help abandoned and abused children introduced her to staff and children at the organisation's 3 homes.

http://www.theproffice.co.uk/news
Old 06-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Very touching that Sarah made this visit and to show she care about homeless, abandoned and abused children. I love hearing and reading about Sarah doing stuff like this.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think we all know that Sarah has made her mistakes. Despite her lifestyle, she's still human and humans make mistakes.

Are people going to continue to beat her across the head for it? or move on and hope that Sarah continue to find peace and continue on supporting her charities and just hope everything will be okay for her?
Well said.