The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

For me, Sarah will always be the patron saint of girls just wanting to have fun! Sometimes fun girls are their own worst enemy - and I can certainly relate. I root for Sarah ALWAYS. Here is a golden oldie for those of you who have not seen it!

http://lisawallerrogers.files.wordpr...-umbrellas.jpg

Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah has read 'Ballerina Rosie' to Rosie's Theater Kids in New York City today, October 11.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS
For me, Sarah will always be the patron saint of girls just wanting to have fun! Sometimes fun girls are their own worst enemy - and I can certainly relate. I root for Sarah ALWAYS. Here is a golden oldie for those of you who have not seen it!

http://lisawallerrogers.files.wordpr...-umbrellas.jpg
I love that picture. And yes, I always wish Sarah well.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Majesty

I too enjoy seeing Sarah doing wonderful things. Looks like she had fun reading and chating with the young children.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday, October 11, the Not for Sale's Inaugural Gala was held at the Tribeca Rooftop in New York City hosted by Not For Sale and Sarah, Duchess of York.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Sarah needs to stop wearing those outfits. The blue dress is just odd and way too young for her and the black one just looks awful. Needs to cover her arms and what is with that butterfly purse she always seems to carry these days. So she is trying to sell her book they had her on one of our morning shows too.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Majesty

I don't know why, I think Sarah looks great.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally I think Sarah has kind of adopted the butterfly as her own personal sigil and she wears it a lot to remind herself of her own metamorphosis of finding herself. We'll probably never know and I don't think there's anyone that has asked her yet either.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, October 11, the Not for Sale's Inaugural Gala was held at the Tribeca Rooftop in New York City hosted by Not For Sale and Sarah, Duchess of York

What an unfortunate name "Not For Sale" when paired with Sarah, Duchess of York.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

It´s a shame to read so much negativity and cynicism, when Sarah is involved with something so positive and important in these pictures. "Not for Sale" is an organisation dedicated to ending human trafficking and slavery. Sarah is an ambassador for NFS. She believes strongly in the cause, and has dedicated a lot of time and energy to speaking and their events and publicising it.

There is no connection between the butterfly motif and her book (which doesn´t mention butterflies at any stage!). So this isn´t in any way an attempt to publicize her book. I´m not sure about the significance of the butterfly, though it may be connected to the Butterfly Ball, a charity event organised by Chrysalis, which raises money to help the homeless. Sarah has attended several Butterfly Ball events in recent years. But maybe Osipi has a point in suggesting that she may have taken on the motif to represent a personal message relevant to her own life.

As for her dress... Well, everyone´s entitled to their own opinions, but I think she looks wonderful - glamorous, beautiful. I don´t feel personally that any woman who passes 50 should suddenly start dressing like an old lady. Sarah still looks great at 53 (54 on Monday), and I don´t see why she shouldn´t enjoy dressing up to show her style and beauty for an event like this.
http://duchessofyork.webeden.co.uk/
Old 10-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Sarah at the Harlem School of Arts in New York City also on October 11, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 10-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah looks almost like two different women at the two events. In the day event, she looks fantastic (though I must admit her skirt's too short); but she doesn't look well at all in the evening. Perhaps she was very tired and the make-up couldn't hide it. Good for Sarah though for being involved with such great causes!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Majesty

Sarah Ferguson Goes From Princess Diana Sidekick To Single Woman-
Sarah Ferguson Goes From Princess Diana Sidekick To Single Woman (PHOTOS)
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Nobility

Wow, those blue tights in pix 15, oh my.
Pix 32 w/ Beatrice was very flattering of Sarah, but why the matchy matchy w/ Beatrice, especially since the style was an unfortunate choice for Beatrice.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Courtier

Wow they really skipped a lot of her really miss outfits. I think they were more then kinds to her. But she still manages to look worse for wear many times. Some of the outfits seem at least a size too small and someone most of told her she looked great in black and green. It's actually when she is wearing other colours she looks the best. Don't know why 2 teenage girls are dressed the same as the mother which is something Sarah used to do and still does to some extent.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:43 AM
Courtier

Hasn't she been a single woman for 20 years?
Old 10-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Yes she has been although I think she has had several relationships a number of which she has kept quiet about. It suits her more for people to think she and Andrew are pining for each other.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 AM
Nobility

Duchess of York narrates September 11 memorial - Monsters and Critics

I must say, I question the appropriateness of this choice.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Duchess of York narrates September 11 memorial - Monsters and Critics

I must say, I question the appropriateness of this choice.
Well, yes, but wouldn't it be great if she turned out to be a natural at doing voice-overs? A dignified and satisfying career, I would think.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Sarah does have a wonderful voice; it's rich and plummy. I think that this could be a career for her.