The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Aristocracy

The irony is, if the interest Sarah generates here is in any way representative of the community at large we are all feeding in to, what for Sarah is lifeblood. ATTENTION of any sort validates her as a person. It may, now she is adult, represent the attention she probably had to perform a song and dance for in order to be noticed by parents who were too involved with their own amusements to notice her.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

She may not have had ideal parents, but I'm wary of accepting anything Fergie says at face value!
As someone mentioned previously, she keeps changing her account of her life, and it's obvious she's trying to garner sympathy and excuse her own behavior.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Sarah has settled so comfortably into the victim's role that she doesnt even shy away from bathmouthing her deceased parents - is there anything more disgusting, even for Sarah's standards.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
Sarah's mother was not the best parent, I'll admit when she left her marriage and fled to Argentina with a polo player. There are two sides to divorce and Ronald Ferguson had cheated on both his wives with mistresses. I won't condone what Susan Ferguson did, but she probably was at her limit being married to Ronald, leaving her children was very unwise yet she knew she wouldn't have much of a chance in court since she bolted out of the marriage. Ronald Ferguson, like Johnny Spencer, was a horse's rear end.
To dredge up such stories of abuse when both parent's are deceased and cannot provide a defense or explanation is disgusting. These are serious allegations and Sarah cannot provide definite proof other than her word, which doesn't go very far as she has proven to be a pathological liar.
Maybe she didn't bring it up while they were alive because she didn't want to publically hurt or humiliate them.

My parents are both gone now, but while they were alive I would never ever confront them or even discuss openly the sense of betrayal and abandonment I often felt under their roof. I always told anyone who would listen how lucky I was growing up. I even bragged about them to my friends. I would rather have been boiled alive in oil than hurt either of them while they were alive...because I loved them desperately and I still do...and I now realize that they did the best they could under the circumstances.

But that doesn't mean I would live in denial either. I went to a safe and appropriate place to deal with it and sort myself out.

I didn't have Oprah Winfrey waving megabucks and my own TV show at me to tell all...but even so...I would never do it. I just couldn't.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post
Perfectly stated. She knows she has a problem but why go through the issue of changing when it's not in your best interest? No one she cares about is going to toss her out or knock her down so why change? It's easier to do the tricks and get the treat placed on your nose and live as you did before.

She might honestly live her entire life like this, maybe only realizing how strange this all is near the end. Or maybe not at all.
In the "Sarah's divorce statement" thread, Diarist notes that if Sarah had gone bankrupt, she wouldn't have been able to work in the U.S. I'm starting to wish Sarah had gone bankrupt. It would have been better for her; it would have forced her to deal with reality and sort out her life. Right now she's just milking her troubles for all they're worth, because the American media is giving her a platform to do it.

Like many people here, I like Sarah and have defended her in the past, but my patience is wearing out. I'm now cringing every time I read an interview with her. In the past, Sarah at least showed an awareness of what was socially acceptable - admitting she'd made mistakes and that she was trying to do better. Now, though, it's like she's lost her filter - all she does is moan about her problems and regrets.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Can we call it interest from the media? The wedding offers aren't her doing and if Oprah doesn't have a new network this series isn't pushed. I'v really got to watch this, I'm really interested in the girls and what they'll say.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Commoner

Sarah was just on The View this morning where she said that she never said her mom abused her. She said that the tabloids have skewed what she had said, and that the phrase "beat it out of her" was just an expression. She seemed pretty appalled that the tabloids had been saying she said these things considering her mother is dead.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepdec View Post
Sarah was just on The View this morning where she said that she never said her mom abused her. She said that the tabloids have skewed what she had said, and that the phrase "beat it out of her" was just an expression. She seemed pretty appalled that the tabloids had been saying she said these things considering her mother is dead.
Okay, again a case where she only realised afterwards what a mishap she did and now tries to explain it away... For as others have pointed out, she had said things of a similar content earlier...
Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Yeah, sure. Why does she feel the need to talk at all??? Nobody wants to know.
Its because she's getting some $$$ and of course in return the media want some scandals. Who pays for boring stuff?
Sarah is a mixture between naivite and boldness. Horrible combination.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Commoner

She was just on The View promoting her new show like anyone with a new show out would do. She's probably contractually obligated to go out and promote it.

Obviously somebody wants to know because the ladies on The View asked her about it. If no one cared then none of the talk shows would have her on. They aren't stupid. They only have on guests that they know people will want to see.

Besides it's not like she is getting money from the tabloids for the story. Honestly, I don't think she made the story up for promotion considering the story was mainly in UK tabloids and her show is in the US, where people normally do not read UK tabloids. I'm sure they made up the story from something she said in her show and took it out of context. I think it's very easy for tabloids to take things way out of context and sensationalize them. It's not like they haven't done it a million times before.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Besides it's not like she is getting money from the tabloids for the story. Honestly, I don't think she made the story up for promotion considering the story was mainly in UK tabloids and her show is in the US, where people normally do not read UK tabloids. I'm sure they made up the story from something she said in her show and took it out of context. I think it's very easy for tabloids to take things way out of context and sensationalize them. It's not like they haven't done it a million times before.
We're talking about Sarah Ferguson, you don't need to try to sensationalize with this woman.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

So it's now the fault of the media? She is beginning to sound like certain American politicians.

I am more convinced than ever that the woman needs to disappear on some type of religious retreat...for like a year.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23

So it's now the fault of the media? She is beginning to sound like certain American politicians.
Lol that was funny

I also watched the View this morning and I was appalled when I saw Sarah there. I thought she said the only person she'd open up to would be Oprah. At first I felt sorry for her but now she's coming off as pathetic to me.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

CrownPrincess5 I was always a little sympathetic to Sarah even when I found her behavior repulsive, because I sort of understood what was driving it.

But this round of publicity where she spills her guts to promote her latest money making venture is a bridge too far for me.

And that is mostly because she seems not to care how it is possibly affecting Andrew, her children or the Queen she professes to respect and revere so much.

If her family was not collateral damage here, I would say HEY SARAH...go get PAID girl! No Problem!

But she is starting to disgust me on a very basic level. Even her benefactress Oprah must shake her head behind closed doors and marvel at how pathetic and how low this woman has fallen.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Well, if she thinks that the Press is faulting her , twisting her words , she could simply STOP dealing with them , couldn't she ? . Honestly, I doubt she will stop this kind of attitude, put her life in order or fix her problems, therefore IMO there's is only one possibility that she will get saved: the media finding a new distraction and forgeting her. Becayse really ,only if someone far worse than Sarah suddenly and miraculously appear and all lights focus on her/ him, then Sarah might have a hope
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

Now would be the time for Pa to distance himself from her for the sake of his children & the brf. But as usual he won't. The prior would require him to use a & backbone & a brain.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Aristocracy

At this point for me unfortunately the only difference between Sarah Furgeson and relaity show celbutants is that Sarah used to BRIEFLY be a HRH
Old 06-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The sad thing is that in order to keep up the publicity she's thriving on and profiting from right now, getting her life in order and maintaining a sensible lifestyle just isn't going to cut it for Sarah. Fame is so fleeting! I thought for a minute about what would grab more media attention for her and had to chuckle with what I did come up with. This is *not* a published statement by any means but it kind of shows what lengths she'd have to go to sink any lower and maintain the level of attention she seems to crave.

NEWS BULLETIN:

Sarah, Duchess of York today filed defamation of character charges against her other personality for $1.5 million. After months of treatment with Dr. Phil, it was released that Sarah suffers from MPD. The former wife of Prince Andrew is now collaborating on a new book to be published titled "Good Sarah, Bad Sarah".
Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

The queen needs to call all her team in now to have a " Come To Jesus Meeting". In order to avoid another public downfall. Speaking as a mother I will do what needs to be done to save my son even if he doesn't have the sense to save himself.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

NEWS BULLETIN:

Sarah, Duchess of York today filed defamation of character charges against her other personality for $1.5 million. After months of treatment with Dr. Phil, it was released that Sarah suffers from MPD. The former wife of Prince Andrew is now collaborating on a new book to be published titled "Good Sarah, Bad Sarah".
The scary part here is that I can actually envision this happening eventually!