The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie

And as a result they royal family can't complain about anything she does - even if she embarasses the 4th, 5th and 6th in line to the throne further than she has done already.
It's up to an individual to see what Sarah does as an embarrassment to Andrew, Beatrice and Eugenie. IMO she's only an embarrassment to herself.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Majesty

I would say that selling access to her ex-husband was embarrasing to her ex-husband, her children and the royal family. When she does shows like the Oprah series she embarasses her family as well as herself - and by extension she embarasses the royal family because it is her association with that family that gives her any position in the world at all so any she says and does reflects on the royal family and they have to accept the negative stories that come about as a result.

She will always be a loose cannon because she has nothing else to sell except herself and thus to make any money at all she has to play on her relationships with the royal family. That is why she uses her daughters so often and is seen out with them - to sell herself and her family for profit.

That is embarrasing to the royal family but as they haven't cared in the past The Queen won't care in the future, nor will Charles or William and she will get worse over the next decade or two as she has nothing to lose.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder where Sarah stands at the moment. My question: is there really an international search warrant for her?

Just found out that if you want an international search warrant issued by a UN member state to work really internationally, you need to get INTERPOL to issue a Red Notice for the accused. This means that the name and passport number gets connected to an alert and whenever worldwide an immigration officer enters the passport number or name into his computer, he or she is alerted to the fact that the person trying to enter the country is searched by police in a UN member country. Normal procedure then is to take the person in police custody till it is clear whether there will be extradition charges or not.

The standard procedure in this case is that in Turkey the prosecution needs to figure out if they really want to prosecute a person. If so, they apply to court for an (international if the person is a foreigner) arrest warrant.

That can take some time as the prosecution needs to check if they really want to spend a lot of money on the case. Because once the international arrest warrant is issued, all formalities for filing for an Interpol Red Notice are to be fulfilled. This takes time and money. To save this effort, the next step is in case you know about the state of residence of the person charged, the prosecution asks the foreign ministry to check into the possibility to get a direct extradition. As there is a extradition treaty between the UK and Turkey, the Turkish authorities send a formal request to their UK counterparts.

These checked into the charge and decided that they won't extradite Sarah because of the offence is not one prosecuted in the Uk.

Now Turkey can either accept that or go for an Interpol Red Notice. If they do that, it will take a bit of time but as Turkey is a member of the UN, Interpol would be forced to issue the alert in case Turkey is serious about it.

That would practically mean that Sarah cannot leave the Uk anymore, because in any other UN-member country with an extradition treaty with Turkey (and I guess most of them have one) she would be put into police custody till the authorities of said country checked if their treaty with Turkey means she could be extradited or not.

It is not often the case that a country asks for such a Red Notice - about 5000 a year worldwide.

I couldn't find any information if there is such a Red Notice already issued - as long as there is none, she is free to travel. But such things take time... We'll see.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

An international search warrant? Is this to do with turkey? I haven't bothered to read any of that thread, too confusing.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It does have to do with Sarah's undercover report from a Turkish orphanage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I wonder where Sarah stands at the moment. My question: is there really an international search warrant for her?
An international arrest warrant has indeed been issued by the Turkish Ministry of Justice back in January. Immediately afterwards, Sarah cancelled her trip to the USA; the treaties between USA and Turkey - both NATO members - mean that Turkey could demand Sarah's extradition. Turkey is also part of the EU justice framework and has extradition treaties with many of the countries, meaning they could, under pressure, extradite her. The United Kingdom has refused to even consider a possible extradition because Sarah did not commit any offence under UK law.

In my opinion, the fuss created by Turkish Government hurts the country's image more than any documentary Sarah could come up with.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

I reread the articles from January. But they were not clear on the point what happens if Sarah decides to travel.

So I checked and found out that the International arrest warrant is just the beginning. Next step is asking the country of residence for an extradition. This Turkey did. The UK refused.

But it doesn't mean that the International Arrest warrant is already in circulation. This happens with an Interpol Red Notice which does not automatically appear once there is a warrant. Turkey needs to apply for that and that means Turkey takes over the costs for any arrest and extradition process in a foreign country.

Only then Sarah cannot travel anymore. Okay, there are some countries that are known to make quick checks and allow you to travel on if the "crime" is not really one in this country and if you pay the fees (India eg.) but others like the US may refuse entrance or don't issue visa anymore.
Others would definately do an arrest and proceed with the extradition formalities...

The only hope Sarah has IMHO if Turkey is really serious about this (and they seem to be!) is to stay quietly in the UK and to hope that her ex-husband or her daughters find supporters for her who quietly will do something about this on the diplomatic front. And we all know that a situation like that takes time to resolve, especially if the people in charge profit from a person's need to live quietly in the countryside...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah, Duchess of York spent an evening at the Arts Club in London, March 8.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was there as well

** Pic ** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Did the Palace send the Terminator? Arnold Schwarzenegger parties in the same club as Sarah Ferguson **
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Sarah, Duchess of York spent an evening at the Arts Club in London, March 8.
Arnold Schwarzenegger was there as well

** Pic ** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** zimbio gallery **

** dailymail: Did the Palace send the Terminator? Arnold Schwarzenegger parties in the same club as Sarah Ferguson **
I have only one comment- the skirt is toooooooo short. That's all.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:53 AM
Courtier

Whoa that is short! I don't think Sarah is dealing with her age. Why she keeps insisting on going out without makeup but dressing in short black dresses is beyond me. Unless someone told her she looked younger without makeup, in which case they lied! She looks even more washed out wearing all the dark colours and she is way past skirts/dresses that short!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yikes! Joining in the chorus here to call for a longer skirt, please, Sarah!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Is this her new money management diet: no money on makeup by not wearing any and no money on clothes by borrowing from her two royal princesses daughter (I do believe the dress she wore would be more age-appropriate for Bea or Eugenie).
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Just when you think it can't get worse for Sarah, a tell-all book to be published about her:

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: New fear for Fergie
Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

i probaly would have been the first in line to get this book, however, given the authors history...i am kind of wondering how her mental status is and if the book will be true or a made up memory created while waiting in jail.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Courtier

It doesn't sound good for Sarah. The woman killed her ex boyfriend but if she has things to back up what she says then Sarah could be in trouble. Mental illness doesn't mean she is crazy either. Although it will give Sarah good grounds for deniability. No one may even choose to publish it because if she has such an unstable background it could be a very difficult thing to back or even promote. I did think Sarah got people who worked for her to sign confidentiality agreements so it could be she won't be able to write anything. I'm sure Sarah has lawyers and is looking into it.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
It doesn't sound good for Sarah. The woman killed her ex boyfriend but if she has things to back up what she says then Sarah could be in trouble. Mental illness doesn't mean she is crazy either. Although it will give Sarah good grounds for deniability. No one may even choose to publish it because if she has such an unstable background it could be a very difficult thing to back or even promote. I did think Sarah got people who worked for her to sign confidentiality agreements so it could be she won't be able to write anything. I'm sure Sarah has lawyers and is looking into it.
My point is: if there is nothing to tell, she won't tell. If she tells the untruth, Sarah will deny it and press charges. That it something her former aide surely doesn't want because she could end up in jail again. But if there is really some "louche" new information which Sarah shared with somebody obviously untrustworthy, then it is her problem if the info reaches the public realm.

Just bad for her girls.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

True and I'm sure the author needs the money, hence she is cashing in.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Courtier

I would hope that any publishing company would try to at least verify what she says or else wouldn't they be up for libel? I'm sure after all her time in jail she does need the cash and she has had plenty of time to write it. Wouldn't she have signed a confidentiality agreement or is the fact she claims they were friends give her a loophole?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
I would hope that any publishing company would try to at least verify what she says or else wouldn't they be up for libel? I'm sure after all her time in jail she does need the cash and she has had plenty of time to write it. Wouldn't she have signed a confidentiality agreement or is the fact she claims they were friends give her a loophole?
Paul Burrell was able to sell his trash and he also would have signed confidentiality agreements so I am sure Jane can find away to get hers into the bookstores as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there really anything left to say?
I can't think of anything considerably worse than the stuff that has already been revealed. It might just be more of the same, in which case I doubt the story will sell many copies.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The bit about sharing lovers seems tailor made for the DM, and no doubt Sarah made some unguarded comments about Diana and other members of the BRF to pad a book with even if there is really nothing new to tell about Sarahs louche life.