Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Sarah, though her impulse control could use a large bit of tightening up.

Sarah is promoting her new book she has done this kind of thing before. It get's her attention. The last book was a flop so it will be interesting to see if this is a success.

Sarah is promoting her new book she has done this kind of thing before. It get's her attention. The last book was a flop so it will be interesting to see if this is a success.
I hadn't thought of that, somehow there seems more to it this time, tho'. Anyway I thought last time was when she was promoting her Oprah TV tell all, but I suppose her Finding Sarah book came out at about the same time. I know she called Andrew her prince charming/soul mate then as well.
Sarah Ferguson: Ex Husband Prince Andrew Is "My Soulmate" - Us Weekly
Am I the only one who senses that there is more substance to the rumors now v. 2 years ago?

Both Sarah and Andrew pretty much talk about their relationship publically and pretty much say the same thing everytime. They like the way things are now but never rule out re-marrying.

Totally agree. That was my first thought as soon as I saw the article.....just Sarah doing her usual publicity stunts trying to flog some of her books.

Well, she's out promoting her book and she was asked the question about her and Andrew. She answered in a very diplomatic and usual way that her and Andrew answer these kind of questions. The media usually jump on Andrew's comments too when he's answer these type of questions.

Well, she's out promoting her book and she was asked the question about her and Andrew. She answered in a very diplomatic and usual way that her and Andrew answer these kind of questions. The media usually jump on Andrew's comments too when he's answer these type of questions.

Yes, but people will always try crucify Sarah, Duchess of York. I believe she really loves her "handsome Prince", and that he will always be in love with her.

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Time will tell. I think all of us wish both Andrew and Sarah happy years ahead. Both have made major errors. Let's just move on.
Note: I'm crabby because once again my government has forgotten that looking like dumb goats in a pen is not the goal. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
It could be a publicity ploy, but it's not a publicity ploy that Sarah was invited to Balmoral after about 17 years. That's what I would be looking at, rather than what she said in response to a question.

It could be a publicity ploy, but it's not a publicity ploy that Sarah was invited to Balmoral after about 17 years. That's what I would be looking at, rather than what she said in response to a question.
Except it was not the first time in 17 yrs

I think it was the first time since 1992 she stayed at the main house.

This story hasn't just started, it began weeks ago when she stayed at Balmoral. Nothing to do with publicising a book.

Some posters on here always look for the negative. Before assuming "book launch" perhaps looking back over this thread would have shown that it had started then.

Not a publicity ploy at all IMO - I also notice that most of the posters saying so probably do not have access to British press. The Telegraph has been going on about this for weeks.

EDIT: 1st telegraph mention was Balmoral 12th August; also 26th August about Andrew and Sarah's relationship

Last edited:

Yes I agree with this..
A very reasonable assessment of Sarah's words Dman.

Yes it has been around for weeks and Sarah has been seen out several times and has mentioned nothing. PR is essential for selling books I wouldn't have even known her book had been released if they didn't report this comment. She could have not said anything at all but she didn't she fanned the flames. All celebrities who are trying to flog their latest project do this and if you look back Sarah has done this with each book or what ever else she is promoting. It is a normal PR move but it has gotten old. She went because it was Beas birthday and the DofE wasn't there. If she starts showing up more places invited by the Palace then people will take the remarrying stuff more seriously. While the DofE is alive I don't see it happening though. Andrew has dated other women over the years and is rumoured to even have proposed to one or two so Sarah isn't someone he has been sitting around pining over all these years. Sarah also has dated it just seems at this stage in their lives they are both single and living together well they are in the same house. I'm sure Sarah would love to remarry Andrew I'm not so sure everyone in the family would want her back without some restrictions. Actually Andrew talks about parenting with her nothing about her being his Princess in fact he has called Sarah his third child it's quite different to what Sarah is saying.

When did he call her his third child? I dont remember that.

:previous: I remember the occasion. It was in a speech he gave, and Sarah and the girls were there. I don't remember what the occasion was for, perhaps a semi-public one or a private one that somehow found its way into the public domain. He clearly said that Sarah was his third daughter, and I remember there was a lot of comment about it because it sort of put the lie to the idea that they had an unofficial marital relationship. I can't remember whether it was before the cash-for-access-fake-sheik episode.

I think it was the first time since 1992 she stayed at the main house.

Yes, exactly. She's been staying in a separate cottage on the grounds, but not at Balmoral in the main house. So it's been longer than 17 years?

I thought the Balmoral stay on Beatrice's 25th a sign that, Sarah & Andrew were back together as a couple.

I think it's great if they marry. Sarah & Andrew both committed some cringe worthy acts but I've always liked Sarah.

Most likely Andrew was joking if he made those comments.

:previous: I remember the occasion. It was in a speech he gave, and Sarah and the girls were there. I don't remember what the occasion was for, perhaps a semi-public one or a private one that somehow found its way into the public domain. He clearly said that Sarah was his third daughter, and I remember there was a lot of comment about it because it sort of put the lie to the idea that they had an unofficial marital relationship. I can't remember whether it was before the cash-for-access-fake-sheik episode.

I had a google and I see nothing re: Andrew referring to Sarah as his third child. Perhaps someone has a link or a quote from a published article or book? If not, I tend to disbelieve the statement attributed in this thread to him.

I don't think she should get back in that family. Everyone is forgiving, rightly, but forgiving does not mean making the same mistake; letting her back in would be a mistake and however sorry she is, it does not mean that she will behave better. She messed it up big time with the sheik scandal and she is back in a debt ridden mess. Let her be part of her daughter's lives, but she blew her chances ages ago.

I had a google and I see nothing re: Andrew referring to Sarah as his third child. Perhaps someone has a link or a quote from a published article or book? If not, I tend to disbelieve the statement attributed in this thread to him.

I did read this at the time, I think it was in the Daily Mail. The comment was supposedly made in a speech Andrew gave at one of his daughters' birthday parties (I think).

Because we don't have video of this speech, it's hard to know the context of the quote. There are other more recent, public quotes where Andrew has called Sarah one of his best friends.

Edited to add:

Here's the "third child" quote...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rtying-celebrating-fathers-50th-birthday.html

and here's a Canadian interview last year where he calls Sarah "one of my bestest friends." Lisa LaFlamme asks about Andrew living with Sarah, and he implies that it's easier to live together now than before. Lisa LaFlamme asks, "Does that mean you are better friends now than you used to be?" Andrew's answer is "Probably."
http://www.ctvnews.ca/ctv-exclusive-prince-andrew-on-his-family-at-jubilee-1.834773

Last edited:
I couldn't find it on Google either, but I do remember it. I even remember seeing a video clip of it. Google shows what's clicked on most, so that could be why we don't see it there. It was a number of years ago now.

I couldn't find it on Google either, but I do remember it. I even remember seeing a video clip of it. Google shows what's clicked on most, so that could be why we don't see it there. It was a number of years ago now.

Although I don't want to do it, I bet if someone took the time to pour through all the posts in the sub forum on Sarah's run in with the fake sheik, its probably posted there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom