Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe to some, but to others she looks more like a fake looking for publicity. I just no longer believes in her sincerity towards any cause except her own personae

She has supported children in need since joining the royal family - not for her own personal agenda but to improve the lives of children.

In other areas she has put herself first but not where children in need are concerned.

If found guilty she won't be able to go to any country with an extradition treaty - ever. If she does go to one of those countries and is extradited she would then have to serve her sentence.

The issue that is being overlooked is that Sarah did raise the profile of conditions of these children and that Turkey has done nothing to improve them in all likelihood. In addition this will also hurt Turkey's chance of joining the EU - but they will then play the racism card. Turkey's human rights are appalling and Sarah highlighting that was rather courageous - not for her benefit at all.

I have to say I do believe in Sarah's sincerity, why else put herself in so much potential danger? To get sympathy headlines?

Sarah may have been very sincere and with the best of intentions. But when you are the ex-wife of the Queen's son and your daughter is an HRH you do not go to a foreign country and break their laws.

I wonder whether any other parents were there? It doesn't seem very cool to me to attend a birthday party given by young adults when a person is 50-ish--unless she was specially invited. And even then, I think that it would make the other people in the party group feel awkward to have a middle-aged person around. (Maybe that's why they drank so much.;)) It was nice of Sarah to go around apologizing, I admit; but it wasn't her responsibility.

| Mail Online

Why was the woman even there? Does she drop by on everyone of her daughter's parties just to show her face?

Sarah is not my favourite person in the world, but the latest criticism is a bit unfounded, in my opinion. To me, it is clear she attended her daughter's birthday party in mother (and not party-goer) mode, as a chaperone if you like. Hence the fact she was one of the few sober ones remaining and had to apologise for someone else's unbecoming behaviour.

Duchess of York's lawyer attends Turkish hearing
Duchess of York seeks to settle Turkish charges out of court
The trial of the Duchess of York over her role in the secret filming of two orphanages in Turkey has been adjourned so the plaintiffs can evaluate an out-of-court settlement, Turkey's state-run news agency says. Sarah Ferguson faces charges of going ''against the law in acquiring footage and violating privacy'' of five children at one of the orphanages, the Anadolu Agency said. If convicted, she could receive a maximum sentence of 22½ years in prison. The trial began on Friday; the duchess did not attend.

Fergie's killer aide is still 'too dangerous to be let out': Jane Andrews to stay behind bars after harassing father-of-two
The Duchess of York's former aide Jane Andrews has failed to secure her freedom because she still remains a danger to the public. Jane Andrews, who worked for Sarah Ferguson for nine years, was jailed in 2001 after murdering her boyfriend Tom Cressman.
On a side note, I always thought Princess Beatrice resembles Prince Andrew most, but in this picture young Sarah looks exactly like her elder daughter.

Last edited:
It's good that this woman stays behind bars and she will probably remain so for some time to come by the sounds of things. I do wonder if she is getting some sort of treatment in there clearly she needs it. Sarah must be breathing a sigh of relief cause she won't be getting that book published anytime soon. I have always thought Bea looks like Sarah and Eugenie like Andrew.

I've always thought the same, that Beatrice favored her mother in looks and coloring as does Eugenie to her father. However, Bea definitely carries Andrew's genes since she's a dead ringer for the young Queen Victoria.

Last edited:
Sarah looks really good in the second set of photos.

Let's hope the first set are the result of a really bad camera angle:ohmy: even Beatrice looks plump and we know that she's not, Sarah looks much larger in the first set than in the second. Not sure we can blame the camera angle on either's stringy hair, tho'. I wonder what Sarah has in that large bag of hers - a couple of heavy books, bricks??? It looks to be very heavy.

RICHARD KAY: Duchess Kate's former hairdresser to work his magic on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

I put that article here because on reading that my alarm bells started to ring. Is Sarah at it again? Selling access? The whole story by Richard Kay reeks of promotion for the hairdresser who is going to seek clients from his former job soon. But what a tacky way to go about it: there's Sarah involved, Richard Kay, tweets about customers and in the middle of all this is the fact that he "at Buckingham Palace" did the hair of Beatrice and Eugenie... Why should the princesses agree to patronise a man who immediately sells the to the Daily Mail if they (or Sarah) don't get anything out of it?

RICHARD KAY: Duchess Kate's former hairdresser to work his magic on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

I put that article here because on reading that my alarm bells started to ring. Is Sarah at it again? Selling access? The whole story by Richard Kay reeks of promotion for the hairdresser who is going to seek clients from his former job soon. But what a tacky way to go about it: there's Sarah involved, Richard Kay, tweets about customers and in the middle of all this is the fact that he "at Buckingham Palace" did the hair of Beatrice and Eugenie... Why should the princesses agree to patronise a man who immediately sells the to the Daily Mail if they (or Sarah) don't get anything out of it?

The hairdresser in question tweeted that he had done Beatrice's and Eugenie's hair at Buckingham Palace. The day after this tweet Richard Kay wrote the item for his column. The information came from the tweet, it's unfair to accuse Sarah of selling access.

The hairdresser in question tweeted that he had done Beatrice's and Eugenie's hair at Buckingham Palace. The day after this tweet Richard Kay wrote the item for his column. The information came from the tweet, it's unfair to accuse Sarah of selling access.

But where did Richard Kay this information from: "I understand he was approached by a royal aide at Fergie’s suggestion and Pryce wasted no time telling the world about it."

Read more: RICHARD KAY: Duchess Kate's former hairdresser to work his magic on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

So she was involved and actually chose the stylist, who then was approached by Palace staff.... And as soon as he had "bagged himself two of the queen's grand-daughters" (quote from article) he informs the world about his coup. So he must have been very sure that this would not be the immediate end to his chances with the Royals.... And then the next day Richard Kay reports.... Strange coincidences, IMHO.

I feel like giving Sarah a break - she miraculously (ok ok giving her a break is not in my nature but I'm trying) went with her heart with what was best for her girls and suggested a stylist who was appreciated by royals. Bottom line: the hair of the 2 York princesses looked great. And Sarah stayed in the back, caring for her girls. That is good. I'm happy and so is Sarah!

But where did Richard Kay this information from: "I understand he was approached by a royal aide at Fergie’s suggestion and Pryce wasted no time telling the world about it."

Read more: RICHARD KAY: Duchess Kate's former hairdresser to work his magic on Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Mail Online

So she was involved and actually chose the stylist, who then was approached by Palace staff.... And as soon as he had "bagged himself two of the queen's grand-daughters" (quote from article) he informs the world about his coup. So he must have been very sure that this would not be the immediate end to his chances with the Royals.... And then the next day Richard Kay reports.... Strange coincidences, IMHO.
I highlighted the 2 items above, because in my mind a 'royal aide' is not the same as 'palace staff.' I don't believe Sarah has access to palace staff these days, or to any staff associated w/ any royal except employees of her ex, who would be aides to a royal (Andrew) for all we know she could have had Andrew's secretary give Pryce a ring. In any event, I doubt he'll ever touch Catherine's hair again since the Cambridges abhor tattle tales and he's been braying from the rooftops, IMO. Sarah has always been an attention seeker, so I doubt she's troubled by Pryce announcing he'd done her daughters hair.

Found this article about the dissolution of Sarah's charity in the US - raised over $500,000, gave $22,000 in charitable grants, according to tax documents. Article doesn't mention what happened to the lion's share of the money raised - expenses, salaries?
Sarah Ferguson's New York charity dissolved - Monsters and Critics

That does not sound good or add up. But then it's Sarah and it's not the first of her charities too fold.

I highlighted the 2 items above, because in my mind a 'royal aide' is not the same as 'palace staff.' I don't believe Sarah has access to palace staff these days, or to any staff associated w/ any royal except employees of her ex, who would be aides to a royal (Andrew) for all we know she could have had Andrew's secretary give Pryce a ring. In any event, I doubt he'll ever touch Catherine's hair again since the Cambridges abhor tattle tales and he's been braying from the rooftops, IMO. Sarah has always been an attention seeker, so I doubt she's troubled by Pryce announcing he'd done her daughters hair.

Found this article about the dissolution of Sarah's charity in the US - raised over $500,000, gave $22,000 in charitable grants, according to tax documents. Article doesn't mention what happened to the lion's share of the money raised - expenses, salaries?
Sarah Ferguson's New York charity dissolved - Monsters and Critics

Pryce is in a dilemma though; he needs name clients to open his own place. Yet these are the people who expect him to remain discreet.;)

As for the charity, that is the trouble with many of them, most of the money goes to pay administrative costs.

Sarah is apparently in Thailand recovering from surgery which is why she missed Eugenie's graduation. Not sure if her surgery also took place in Thailand (why Thailand over the UK?) or what she was operated on for.

IIRC she is friends with or has a biz relationship with someone in Thailand that has a 5 star resort/spa... perhaps that is where she went to recover. (she has run away there before.... details are fuzzy, but I'm sure someone will chime in with more info)

I would think that if one is recovering from surgery, the last thing they would want to do (and get doctor's approval for) is travel to another country to recuperate. This got me curious so I let my fingers tickle Google "Thailand popular surgeries" and up pops quite a few links for plastic surgery. Seems it is quite popular to head to Thailand for all your beauty updating procedures these days.

This is only a supposition but what the heck. Sarah is single, growing older and if she can afford it.. why not? :cool:

Sorry, but I think this is another lapse in Sarah's judgement -- who misses their daughter's college graduation to go to Thailand for surgery? Unless it was life-saving surgery ... there are just no excuses. Sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom