The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Read that Sarah was wearing a gown from Escada. Wondered who paid for that!!
I believe that Sarah did. I also believe that I have seen her in that gown, and I know from reading about Princess Bea's 18th Birthday Ball in Majesty( Escada designed the coustumes on that occasion) that Sarah is personal friends with the owners of Escada. So maybe they gave it to her. Or gave her a discount...

Old 06-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I believe that Sarah did. I also believe that I have seen her in that gown, and I know from reading about Princess Bea's 18th Birthday Ball in Majesty( Escada designed the coustumes on that occasion) that Sarah is personal friends with the owners of Escada. So maybe they gave it to her. Or gave her a discount...
The current owners of Escada are the London based Indian family, the Mittals. They have owned Escada for the last 18 months or so (I think), so if the gown is new, they may well have given it to her..... though as we all know, nothing comes for free.

In the context of Sarah, I am not sure if being a sponger is worse than being a former royal who refuses to accept she can no longer afford the lifestyle she threw away 20 years ago!

Old 06-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Courtier

Feeling sorry for Sarah actually enables her to continue doing the mistakes she does. This woman has had more chances and opportunities in life then most and whatever mess she has made she only has herself to blames. This isn't some teenager this is a 51 year old woman who tried to sell access to her ex husband cause she needed the cash to live above her means. What does that say about Sarah? She doesn't need sympathy although she does seem to thrive on that especially her own self pity what would happen if she had a real problem? The show isn't going to help her because she doesn't admit to any wrong doing and she wants to be able to have a stock standard answer for any questions she doesn't want to answer. Basically it is the don't blame me it's my addiction! Oprah is in it for the ratings she even made Sarah reshoot scenes cause it was boring. I save my sympathy for people who at least try to help themselves! The girl didn't get the nickname Freebie Fergie for nothing sponging is something she has down to a fine art! But then that is probably an addiction too.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The following article includes some new pics of Sarah in New York:

** Missing your girls, Sarah? Fergie displays her daughters' faces on her handbag as she promotes her new book in New York **

Actually she has that bag for years now.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Now that is just a wee bit creepy.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think it's creepy at all. I have a purse like that with a few pictures of my family on it. She loves her girls and I don't blame her for wearing a bag like that.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
In an earlier interview for the show Fergie insisted she had managed to pay off the staggering £2million she owes creditors after a string of failed business deals but said her money worries were far from over.
When did she pay anyone?

Quote:
When we got divorced I just had to get on with it but ... I didn’t understand things about money, probably because I never had to.
See, it's things like this that make her look bad. Considering her previous work experience and, more importantly, age and the amount of time since the divorce, how can she sit there act as if she never had time to learn? She was married for a decide, actually with Andrew for six years, the way she presents it you'd think she grew up a royal. You'd understand how someone like Andrew or Charles would be a put off if they were suddenly stripped of their wealth but Sarah, come on.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The following article includes some new pics of Sarah in New York:

** Missing your girls, Sarah? Fergie displays her daughters' faces on her handbag as she promotes her new book in New York **

Actually she has that bag for years now.
Well, it's a very good way for people to know who she is OR ask questions and find out who she is. I don't have a problem with it when the situation is more informal but I do think it is out of place in a high profile professional situation. But it IS good advertisement.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Luckily she didn't have another bag made with Will & Kate's picture to REALLY remind us that she was royal once and make believe less informed people that she still is.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The current owners of Escada are the London based Indian family, the Mittals. They have owned Escada for the last 18 months or so (I think), so if the gown is new, they may well have given it to her..... though as we all know, nothing comes for free.

In the context of Sarah, I am not sure if being a sponger is worse than being a former royal who refuses to accept she can no longer afford the lifestyle she threw away 20 years ago!
It was the former owners that were friends of Sarah's.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Courtier

If they were babies then I would understand it but they are grown women and how embaressing is it to have your mother carrying around a bag with your faces on it? It really wasn't needed she was going to a work event she did it so it would be talked about and it worked. She worked for a number of years before Andrew she was only in BP for a couple of years at most she had her own house. And she has been divorced far longer then she was ever Royal. Sarah just doesn't want to have a budget like the normal folk. She wants the freebies and the standard of living she feels she deserves. I see her back in debt in no time because she can't control herself she just has to have things. A picture of the girls in her wallet is more affordable then getting a picture on a bespoke handbag!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

She was carrying a regular handbag besides the tote; but I agree that, given that she was visiting bookstores, a plain tote would have looked more professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
A picture of the girls in her wallet is more affordable then getting a picture on a bespoke handbag!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
She was carrying a regular handbag besides the tote; but I agree that, given that she was visiting bookstores, a plain tote would have looked more professional.
For someone that squealed with delight when she was given the label "addicted to attention and approval" she sure is wearing it like a monstrous tiara at a morning wedding. This whole media blitz with "Finding Sarah" (both the show and the book) is slowly but surely exposing Sarah's latest venture as it truly is.. a narcissist "look at me" PR move to put Sarah into the public eye rather than the serious life transforming awareness that may help others in dealing with their own crisis. The more I've been following this, the more I'm realizing that Sarah is just following "cue card" programming. "Now Sarah, we need to see you huff and puff up that hill. No makeup and please pant a bit will you dear?" "Sarah, remember to flash the photo of the girls on the bag towards the camera as we need to get the image of a Duchess into reader's minds.

I know she is scheduled to do a mess of book signings around the NYC area this week. I'm just wondering how well this book is actually selling.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder about that, too. I might buy it if it were in a bargain bin--GREATLY reduced; but I'm not going to go out and pay full price. And even then, if I saw another discounted book that I'd rather read, I'd buy that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I know she is scheduled to do a mess of book signings around the NYC area this week. I'm just wondering how well this book is actually selling.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Courtier

The Daily Mail has excerpts from the book. I think anyone who buys the book will be cringing the whole time they're reading it:

The Duchess of York Fergie's shamelessly self serving book is as airbrushed as the cover | Mail Online

Sarah totally lives in her own world...
Old 06-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
The Daily Mail has excerpts from the book. I think anyone who buys the book will be cringing the whole time they're reading it:

The Duchess of York Fergie's shamelessly self serving book is as airbrushed as the cover | Mail Online

Sarah totally lives in her own world...
You are telling me!..... All that New Age stuff makes me gag! How does she get people to believe her? Up until now I did. After this article I don't!
Old 06-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah visiting "FOX & Friends" at FOX Studios on June 28, 2011 in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

And signing copies of her new book "Finding Sarah: A Duchess's Journey To Find Herself" at Book Revue, New York that same day.

** Pic ** gallery **
Old 06-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
You are telling me!..... All that New Age stuff makes me gag! How does she get people to believe her? Up until now I did. After this article I don't!
Play up to the right crowd. Oprah has enough fans who will listen to her talk "hard" to Sarah before offering to "help" her and they'll eat it up. They'll eat up the book and all the bull**** it contains because they don't know any better and so the sympathy wagon roles on, in America.

Jesus, why'd my country have to be the one to deal with this? I demand that the UK take back Sharon Osbourne and David Beckham by years end!
Old 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliver_bic View Post

Jesus, why'd my country have to be the one to deal with this? I demand that the UK take back Sharon Osbourne and David Beckham by years end!
We could consider taking back David Beckham and Sharon Osbourne if you promise to keep Sarah, Duchess of York.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
Luckily she didn't have another bag made with Will & Kate's picture to REALLY remind us that she was royal once and make believe less informed people that she still is.

I wouldn't be willing to dobut that she has one already made & ready to go in her closet. She is just waiting for the right opportunity for example whenever the announcement comes that William & Kate are expecting their first child. & that she knows how proud Diana would be over it. There is no denying that clearly this woman is a few bricks short of a load. Which down here in the southern region if the U.S. is a nice way to say a person a little off in the head.