Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 17: June 2011-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But can she? Every interview I've seen excerpted thus far seems to be a continuation of the "victim" world. Which is sad, because this is a person who has chosen her new emotional zip code and intends to reside in it permanently.
I agree. That seems to be the big challenge here. And it is sad that she seems to have already written herself off, as though she has nothing else to offer and has given up, if you will.

Do we know why the book keeps getting rejected? It can't be fine if three publishers have turned it down. Someone published her biography and if they even passed then there must be an issue with it. She has the money from Oprah so she can afford a night out by herself. The next few months will show if she really has changed. I think the press will keep an eye on her overspending etc. I read an article from last year and she shouldn't need to shop for anything for a long time!

Do we know why the book keeps getting rejected? It can't be fine if three publishers have turned it down. Someone published her biography and if they even passed then there must be an issue with it. She has the money from Oprah so she can afford a night out by herself. The next few months will show if she really has changed. I think the press will keep an eye on her overspending etc. I read an article from last year and she shouldn't need to shop for anything for a long time!
We are still in a recession. IMO, Fergie has worn out her Duchess of York mantle and her books no longer sell like they used to. I would imagine they (the publishing houses)are taking a very hard look at the profitability line and find it lacking with Sarah.

Yes. But can she? Every interview I've seen excerpted thus far seems to be a continuation of the "victim" world. Which is sad, because this is a person who has chosen her new emotional zip code and intends to reside in it permanently.

I haven't seen that. In a recent interview I saw she was upbeat and jazzed - on cruise control into her future. Or do you mean excerpts from the series 'Finding Sarah'? If that is what you are referring to that is her past already. In that there is quite a process that goes forward there with her and some of it is harrowing - or would be for the person undergoing it. But honestly, as I say, in an interview I saw with her a couple of weeks ago - she seems to have turned a corner - and she credits the process she underwent for it. One can only hope for the best for her - but it looks like she is on her way no matter what people think of her.

What was interesting was to find out that Sarah was actually self supporting prior to the recent scandal. I was surprised given the impression created here and elsewhere, in the media, etc. The news media is making out that there were debts, but I'm not sure it was anything different from what others were experiencing post-2008. Its been since the scandal, when her income dried up as a result, that she has been plunged into serious debt.

This is one lady who cannot do anything right, its looking like, in the view of some. Britain is like an extended-family-from-hello for her. :cool: Fortunate for her there is a place like the US where no matter one's past, there's always hope for the industrious - and Sarah is certainly that!

I'm pulling for her - I hope she is able to do exactly what it is she is dreaming for herself. I suspect she'll get there. She's got moxie!

Last edited:
We are still in a recession. IMO, Fergie has worn out her Duchess of York mantle and her books no longer sell like they used to. I would imagine they (the publishing houses)are taking a very hard look at the profitability line and find it lacking with Sarah.

She's very much so becoming old news in regards to marketability and she has nothing new to bring ot the table except another scandal, one worse than the next.

During the 80s, there was a time when people liked Sarah more than they liked Diana. Diana was seen as an over-polished clothes-horse by some after Sarah came along.

I saw Sarah years ago when Andrew and Sarah came to Winnipeg on a State visit. There was a huge crowd and everyone loved her...she was so friendly and happy. She had it all.

Does anyone know who her genuine friends are? She strikes me as a somewhat lonely person.

She has alot of good things going on: the support of her ex, two seemingly well-adjusted daughters who love her, family, and I'm sure some sincere friends.

Does anyone know who her genuine friends are? She strikes me as a somewhat lonely person.

What I find disturbing is how it seems that Beatrice mothers Sarah rather than the other way around. Just the fact that Sarah's publicist texted Beatrice about the "access for money" scandal to notify her of the story breaking, instead of texting Sarah herself, well, to me that says a lot.

The two York Princesses both looked highly uncomfortable to me on the premiere of Sarah's OWN series. It is touching to see how much they love their mother, but somehow I just keep getting the impression that all of them from Andrew to the girls take care of Sarah to an unusual degree in a familial context. Just my opinion.

During the 80s, there was a time when people liked Sarah more than they liked Diana. Diana was seen as an over-polished clothes-horse by some after Sarah came along.

I remember that time well. It lasted from Sarah's engagement to Prince Andrew and ended with Sarah leaving six-week-old Beatrice to go to Australia and meet up with Prince Andrew.

I also remember Diana trying to be more like Sarah; poking friends in the bottom with umbrellas, dressing up like police women on Andrew's stag party night, fooling around when the two couples met up at Klosters, etc. I think in Morton, Diana comments that she realised that she couldn't keep up this behaviour and that is when she began concentrating on more serious issues. Her clothes became more serious, her charities received more time and attention and she built a new image to replace the clothes horse.

Unfortunately, Sarah just went from bad to worse. Poking a friend in the bum at Ascot has nothing on affairs with Texans, etc. I wish Sarah had a little voice in her head that would let her know, "you're going too far, Duchess". Maybe she does have it but chooses not to listen.

I honestly believe she is hell bent on remarrying Prince Andrew and I believe it will eventually happen when certain key persons at BP are no longer there. At least it would keep her off of reality television and maybe the Household could reign her in if Prince Andrew backs them up this time.

Agreed and I fear what affect this might have on the marriages of Beatrice and Eugenie.

It is touching to see how much they love their mother, but somehow I just keep getting the impression that all of them from Andrew to the girls take care of Sarah to an unusual degree in a familial context.

Agreed and I fear what affect this might have on the marriages of Beatrice and Eugenie.

You're right; Dave Clark has been dating Beatrice for quite a few years and she is just graduating university. A common time for an engagement, especially for a lady. But one just has to wonder if he is thinking that he'd be marrying Sarah along with Beatrice. I also get the impression that while Sarah leans on both her girls, Beatrice bears the brunt of it.

Someone mentioned that if Sarah didn't live with Prince Andrew, she could live with Beatrice at her SJP flat. I hope that never comes to pass! I don't think Prince Andrew would allow it, either.

I've read a bit of her new biography and from just the little I read, the message of wanting to get back with Andrew and the BRF comes through loud and clear. She even discusses her jealousy (!) of Andrew's dates. As if he can have a serious relationship while he's staring at his ex-wife over the morning tea and toast!

I honestly believe she is hell bent on remarrying Prince Andrew and I believe it will eventually happen when certain key persons at BP are no longer there. At least it would keep her off of reality television and maybe the Household could reign her in if Prince Andrew backs them up this time.

Might it be that Andrew is in love with her, too? Might it be that there is a whole personal world/life being lived there that no one can see, that is not being advertised, laid bare for the media to explore? An idea. Not saying there is but its clear that the feelings in that connection are not one-sided.

She seems like someone who has made tons of connections. She's a business woman and has had some reverses - like a Donald Trump who is always on the verge of financial collapse - but I am sure she has friends - Oprah wouldn't have extended herself without there being friends on Sarah's side. She's okay. ;)

I wonder how much they actually see of each other? Royal Lodge is a big place, and they both seem to travel a fair bit.

As if he can have a serious relationship while he's staring at his ex-wife over the morning tea and toast!

Let's stay focused on Sarah's actual Current Events.

That was before all those endless scandals she started getting involved in.

Do we know why the book keeps getting rejected? It can't be fine if three publishers have turned it down.

Track record?
Her Little Red children's books were a disaster, hardly sold any copies. The initial Budgie books were the most successful, I believe, but she was still married when those were first published. And even then, there were all those accusations of plagiarism.

I think perhaps publishers think the profit margin wouldn't justify the production costs.

(A biography would be bound to do better, since it would include information about other famous people).

Oprah wouldn't have extended herself without there being friends on Sarah's side. She's okay. ;)

Gotta disagree on that. Oprah saw a train wreck with an awesome (read: royal) connection and she jumped on it. Love or hate her, Oprah is a business woman first, I doubt she sees Sarah as anything but a current business partner.

As for Eugenie's hand. That second pic looks like she's trying to cover her face. considering that it's night that flash can't feel nice. The first I'm not sure about. I went to her Zimbio and there are indeed a ton of pics like that. The ones that actually show her mouth don't show a zit or a cold sore, which you could understand her attempting to cover. Weird.

Last edited:
Is it known that Sarah is in fact still living at Royal Lodge (I think that's its name) after the reality show started?

As to her friends, there's that one "friend" for whom she was trying to secure the money (she says). In the second episode of the reality show, Dr. Phil appears to believe the friend exists and while we've not heard Sarah refer to the friend's gender, Dr. Phil refers to the friend as female. I think he thinks it's really herself and that she's "in denial" (lying) about her real motivations for the May scandal.

Reviews of her book are trickling in at Amazon (there are 3). It certainly gives one pause about the book to read the reviews. Two people report themselves unable to finish the book, one person says the free sample on Kindle "sucked her in" but the rest of the book was awful. Well, that reviewer didn't read the whole book - only a third of it.

Sarah has a new books coming out, a romance called Hartmoor: (info from amazon.com)
This is a classic historical romance from Sarah, Duchess of York.It is Spring 1782, and Lady Margaret Sarah Montagu, the only child of the 9th Earl of Hartmoor, is making her social debut at Hartmoor House in Grosvenor Square. While Lady Margaret cannot inherit her father's title, she is of interest to most of the eligible peers of the realm, for she is heiress to a huge Irish estate, Wingfield Park. Moreover, the Earl of Hartmoor is immensely influential: he is master of Hartmoor Castle in Lancashire, owner of a stud at Newmarket, a country estate in Surrey, and is a key player in the House of Lords as well as being an advisor to King George III. But the Earl has never recovered from the unexpected death of his Countess, Juliana, some six years previously, and shows no inclination to marry. If his bloated, drunken, younger brother survives him, then he will become the 10th Earl. There is also his sister, Lady Geraldine Montagu, a vicious, angry spinster who controls the Earl's household, and is, some say, unnaturally close to her younger brother.Lady Margaret, a child born of love, is endowed with great faith and courage, and infused with tremendous spirit. From the moment of her appearance, it is clear, from the hush that falls upon the ballroom, that she is not only an independent soul, but a great beauty; a woman who will want to control her own life, loves and destiny. "

Strange that they write that it "is" due to come out in June 2010 but is not yet available... Does one knows more?

Kataryn, I wonder if that's the book Sarah was contracted to write but then didn't write (according to her reality show, episode two).

Kataryn, I wonder if that's the book Sarah was contracted to write but then didn't write (according to her reality show, episode two).

Sorry, I was wrong, it wasn't on amazon.com but on amazon.de (the english summary led to this mistake). Amazon.com doesn't list it, so it could be. But I know that books are written well before their publishing date - as this was June 2010, it can't have been affected by the Cash for access-scandal, as at that time the book should have been in print already. ????

Yes, Hartmoor was first due for release in late 2008.
It's release has been put back twice. The first delay was because Sarah had trouble clearing her diary to spend a few weeks in Wicklow, Ireland doing research for it (it's loosly based on her anchestry).
It was then due out late 2009 but the publishers delayed it because it clashed with one of her children's book coming out in softback (with different publishers).
I think we all know what happened last year. She has mentioned it in a recent interview so there seems to be some movement on it again.
Easons is the biggest book store in Ireland, and recently you could pre book it on their website but it says they are awaiting an image for its cover.

On another note the News of the World is closing down after Sunday's edition. I wonder is Sarah sheding a few tears?

Lady Margaret, a child born of love, is endowed with great faith and courage, and infused with tremendous spirit. From the moment of her appearance, it is clear, from the hush that falls upon the ballroom, that she is not only an independent soul, but a great beauty; a woman who will want to control her own life, loves and destiny. "

AM I the only one who sees that book and thinks it might have been Sarah (in better days) describing herself?

On another note the News of the World is closing down after Sunday's edition. I wonder is Sarah sheding a few tears?

She's probably thinking, "Damn, had I only wait 14 more months."

As to her friends, there's that one "friend" for whom she was trying to secure the money (she says). In the second episode of the reality show, Dr. Phil appears to believe the friend exists and while we've not heard Sarah refer to the friend's gender, Dr. Phil refers to the friend as female. I think he thinks it's really herself and that she's "in denial" (lying) about her real motivations for the May scandal.

Actually, what happens is Dr Phil refers to the friend initially as a 'he' - he says something like - 'so you go down to your car afterwards and call your friend and tell him the news and he is happy so you are happy that you've gotten the money for your friend' - it was then I flashed on what someone had said here, suggesting that perhaps this was something she was doing for Andrew which would have been one reason why she would have been so fuzzy on whether this was not okay - she seems to genuinely be confused about what was happening - and because this is not going to court (no 'crime') she can never tell her side and be cleared of 'wrongdoing' in a court - its all gossip. The smear stands.

Its seconds later - after a cut-jump (I wonder if there was conversation with Dr Phil off camera because after the cut-jump Sarah looks more relieved) - Dr Phil then refers to 'the friend' as a 'she'. Before the jump-cut, when Dr Phil says 'he' Sarah is definitely distressed.

Now, I am analyzing a lot here - and we all know how deceptive video can be (understatement!) and pictures in general can be. Lord knows! Who knows! My point is when someone is being 'run' by the media there is very little one can do - even a rational self-defense can be turned. There's no crime here, its all innuendo - and she's being impacted but she has no recourse. She has no way of penalizing those who are doing it. She can't make them stop - and what they are doing has had and is having an impact on the quality of her life.

Gotta disagree on that. Oprah saw a train wreck with an awesome (read: royal) connection and she jumped on it. Love or hate her, Oprah is a business woman first, I doubt she sees Sarah as anything but a current business partner.

You are cynic when it comes to Oprah so that will impact how you see it. I see Oprah differently. Everything she touches turns to gold - she has the midas touch for sure - but why she has it is rooted in a philosophy of integrity IMO - and enormous comapassion and kindness. In fact Oprah may have done what she did for Sarah out of kindness, not with an eye to profit - but we see what we are prepared to see and if Oprah (and Sarah) profit it will confirm your view, so!

Last edited:
AM I the only one who sees that book and thinks it might have been Sarah (in better days) describing herself?

Especially as she named her company Hartmoor... I'm sorry but I have read numerous historicals so I think I have a bit of experience and to me that story sound boring... I don't like heroines who have it all: beauty, lineage, money, charisma.... and are said to be intelligent to boot. In most cases they turn out to be TSTL (Too stupid to live) and are either exasperating or simply tedious.But that's just my idea after reading that blurb summary...

I see Oprah differently. Everything she touches turns to gold - she has the midas touch for sure - but why she has it is rooted in a philosophy of integrity IMO - and enormous comapassion and kindness. In fact Oprah may have done what she did for Sarah out of kindness, not with an eye to profit - but we see what we are prepared to see and if Oprah (and Sarah) profit it will confirm your view, so!

You're honestly trying to imply that there's a chance that Oprah, who just launched a television network, gave Sarah, a six episode documentary on her network out of the kindness of her heart with a single thought for profit? Is kindness the reason Oprah ordered more shooting because she didn't think the show was hard hitting enough? Is Oprah giving all the advertising revenue to Sarah or to charity?

She could've paid for Sarah's therapy for a fraction of the cost of the show so why put her on TV if it wasn't to make money off of a former member of the British Royal Family? The same one that just had a massive wedding a couple months back?

I'm a realist when it comes to Oprah, not a cynic. I don't drink the woman's Kool-Aid nor do I underestimate her abilities as a business woman. She got to where she is by making the right decision on what to present on television the vast majority of the time and it's paid off well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom